Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Longest time spent in gaming

Discussion in 'Gaming Zone' started by Cecille, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Cecille

Cecille Your friendly neighbor

Threads:
    I have been a video game addict myself and as far as I can remember, I think I spent 6 hours straight in playing with my PS1 before. And that was the longest so far. Now, I don't get to play a lot but I sure miss gaming sometimes.

How about you guys?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Shortie861_oth

Shortie861_oth OMG Member

Threads:
    I remember spending around 7 hours straight (with a few breaks in between for drinks and toilet) in one go on a game, I remember that game being Rainbow Six Vegas 2 with a few friends and my brother :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. zararina

zararina OMG Member

Threads:
    I think the longest time I had spent playing was more or less four hours.

I used to play a lot of arcade and online games when I was younger. And the longest game I had played was Super Mario. It is because I kept on playing it until I level up. :loco:

• Like Like x 1
  4. ThatAwesome1

ThatAwesome1 OMG Member

Threads:
    My highest has been well over 8 hours, I was doing the Endless Setlist 2 on Rock Band 2, that was annoying, but I couldn't believe it when it was over. I'm never doing anything like that ever again though, and I usually play for a few hours non-stop now and then take a break, nothing too crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ruko_oth

Ruko_oth OMG Member

Threads:
    Longest I have ever spend was 8-9 hours (with bathroom breaks and food of course) but I got stuck on Black Ops trying to finish the campaign. It took me 1 day to finish it :D

Then I sold the game since it was terrible.

• Like Like x 1
  6. iebo

iebo OMG Member

Threads:
    24 hours straight playing Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. I felt kind of weak when I finally stood up, and slept for about 12 hours after. I was borrowing it and wanted to finish. I wonder what I could achieve if I had that kind of dedication in the rest of my life.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Marietta

Marietta Comes and Goes.

Threads:
    36 hours straight, playing Ragnarok Online. It might have been longer, but dad really was not happy. XD

• Like Like x 1
  8. DarkGizmo

DarkGizmo OMG Member

Threads:
    I've spent 12+ hours playing a game before. :D Hell I do it every march. Yakuza FTW :D <3

9. Land Shark

Land Shark OMG Member

Threads:
    My personal best is either with a Sega Genesis game, or something on the Dreamcast; It's hard to remember which one lasted longer though. I managed to play Sonic 3 & Knuckles for about 12 hours straight. Sonic 3 by it's self was a pretty large game world. Adding the content from the Sonic and Knuckles lock on cart, that was just insanity. It's like they were begging me to sit on the floor all day long, playing that game till My parents dragged me out to get natural sunlight.

The Sega Dreamcast had a role playing game called Phantasy Star Online. I wasn't big on the original Phantasy Star games. I knew they existed, but never played any of them before. PSO was crack, i.e., a very addictive substance that I'm still having trouble with getting over till this very day. I think I stayed up 24 full hours playing that game. Obviously 24 hours is more than 12. You don't have to be a math wiz to figure that out.

Thing is, I blacked out multiple times during that 24 hours. So, some of that time may have been spent with the console off, so it didn't overheat(It was the summer, and my Air Conditioner was M.I.A.), or the console was on the whole time, but I was out cold mentally. I only count 12 of those waking hours as being legit game play. I think that's fair.

What isn't fair is the cruelty of SEGA, and Sonic Team; those people are making a sequel to be released sometime in 2012. I've seen video of what the new game looks like. The detox was going so well until I saw This.(note the combo system, jumping, and old the shoulder view when using guns.) This is madness. I'm blaming Yugi Naka for my eventual relapse :rant:.

10. Ryan Ashbrook

Ryan Ashbrook OMG Member

Threads:
    16 hours - Final Fantasy VII.

11. Kelson

Kelson The Mad Italian

Threads:
    I don't know if this counts, I used to work for Electronic Arts. So there were actually times that I would play a game for a couple of hours before work, play the game for 9 hours AT work, and then play the game for a couple of hours after work! (This was done prior to the game's release to retail, we were playing internal copies at work and beta copies outside of work).

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mikey

Mikey :mikey: Staff Member

Threads:
    I'm getting close to beating personal bests with Skyrim. *bites nails*

• Like Like x 1
  13. Marietta

Marietta Comes and Goes.

Threads:
    And what are these "bests"? =D

14. Kelson

Kelson The Mad Italian

Threads:
    I think the longest time I actually played was about 12 straight hours in Lineage 2. I was doing a quest where the quest mob only spawns like once a day, and you simply had to camp it and wait for it. It was a long, boring night.

15. Mikey

Threads:

I don't know :(

16. Ryan Ashbrook

Ryan Ashbrook OMG Member

Threads:
    Furthering the discussion... how about... what's the most amount of time logged with a single game? Not spent throughout a day... just altogether.

Final Fantasy VII takes that slot too... I've logged at least 300 hours on my oldest game save for that game... it very well may be more than that but, the timer stops counting at 99:59:59. I've had the game for almost fifteen years, so I don't doubt it's higher than that. Lump my other game saves into that, and we're looking at anywhere between 700 to 1,000 hours logged on that game alone. Each play through takes me roughly 24 hours to get from start to finish, please another 30 or 40 to do all of the side stuff. And I have an entire Playstation 1 Memory Card dedicated to those saves that is completely filled (15 saves) PLUS the downloaded copy I have on my PSP / PS3, which has three or four saves on each system. Not to mention, all of the saves I had done and deleted (or lost due to memory card breaking) over the time that I've had the game.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2011
  17. Mikey

Threads:
    Ryan, you're such a final fantasy addict. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ryan Ashbrook

Ryan Ashbrook OMG Member

Threads:
    It's so true.

Speaking of... need to get to work on converting that site to IPB. <_<

• Like Like x 1
  19. Marietta

Marietta Comes and Goes.

Threads:

I need to finish that game someday. :giggle:

• Like Like x 1
  20. TheRevTastic

TheRevTastic OMG Member

Threads:
    Longest I think would be 10 hours, first night with Minecraft lmao.

Total time spent on that game has to be in the hundreds if not thousands lmao.

Will probably spend 48 straight hours on Skryim when I get it.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Nuke_oth

Nuke_oth Das Bamf

Threads:
    Spent a good 18 hours in Civilization III once. First time I'd ever started and beat the game in one sitting (this from a guy that, at the time, prided himself on the ability to beat all of Unreal Tournament 2004 in two hours flat).

• Like Like x 1
  22. Mikey

Threads:
    Lol. I spent ages on minecraft too

(posted via iPhone)

23. Aberdeen

Aberdeen Buster of comets

Threads:
    Me and a mate once had a Halo session where we played every campaign in order on legendary got all skulls and terminals.

I don't know how long it took, but seriously, fuck halo.

24. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    I think the longest time I spent continuously playing a single game was when me and my friend from Germany spent an entire night playing Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy online from around 22:00 in the evening to approximately 06:00 in the morning. We spent most of the time hanging on servers, talking to each other via in-game messages, fooled around, watched other people fight against each other (mmm... watching Lightsaber duels... *drools*), did some fighting ourselves, posed for screenshots in various... eeehhh... "poses" *cough* :uy: :p ,etc. It was fun.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice