Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Lover interests in SW:TOR

Discussion in 'SWTOR Discussion' started by Nelson_MD, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Nelson_MD

Nelson_MD I Heart FOTOR :hugs:

Threads:
    We all know that in every bioware game, you can have a love interest, it is just part of the bioware experience. Whether is was Morrigan in Dragon Age, or Ashley in Mass Effect, these choices seriously effect the story that you live through. That is why this game is going to be a huge hit, because of the fact that the moral decisions you make will affect you in every way in the game. So, as a Jedi, do you plan to take the dark side points, and get married, or are you going to live by the jedi code, or are you going to take those dark side points and make them back up. These are all serious decisions that you are going to have to make in SW:TOR, and I want to know how you guys are going to live them out!

I myself am going to play through as a Jedi (eventually...lol), and I am going to get married and just make the points up. But I only do that because I want to see how bioware has made that decision affect the game. And i will probably get another love interest with all my other characters except my bounty hunter because of the simple fact that I don't want love to get in the way of my cash, and that is something that most bounty hunters live by, so what do you think?

2. ialtag

ialtag Galactic Fetus

Threads:
    The love interests is the main reason I will be canceling my per-order. It's my understanding that Bioware/EA isn't planning to allow same-sex romances. Being bisexual I actually like having a choice in gender when it comes to those things. I also don't want to support bigotry and homophobia. Makes me sad though, starwars is my favorite sci-fi setting(more of a obsession) and I have piles of starwars books/movies/ect, but I won't be supporting this game if it's going to be discriminating.

3. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    I have no intention of getting this game, so I don't care either way. But, if I were to play it, I would probably give romance a try, just to see what kind of effect it has on game and my character.

I'm amused by this, though:

So, in order to have a romance, you have to take a bite into the Dark Side of the Force. Since the Dark Side of the Force is considered evil, that means people who fall in love and get married are also automatically evil. At least according to the almighty Jedi Code. Awesome. :rolleyes(5):

So, they want fresh meat for the grinder (Force sensitive children they will take away from their families and train to become a Jedi), but they don't want people to create families and have babies. What a bunch of hypocrites.

4. OP
    Nelson_MD

Threads:
    yeah, I agree with that. But that is all part of the morals that bioware allows to be put into the game. And that is one reason why I have always liked bioware games.

5. Junk Angel

Junk Angel OMG Member

Threads:
    Oh gods they are actually adding in romances?

This is turning into a bigger satire than I actually imagined.

6. OP
    Nelson_MD

Threads:
    how so?

7. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    From what I read, they were not closed to the idea of same-sex romances, as there is no "gayness" in Star Wars. Meaning, man-on-man action isn't considered to be gay, it's just man-on-man. Or woman-on-woman (much hotter). Do you have a link to an official post by BioWare about this, confirming no Brokeback Jedi-ness?

8. OP
    Nelson_MD

Threads:
    yeah, I have not heard of anything like that in bioware...they usually allow that because they know that some people like that...not me, but other people do.

9. Jayden

Jayden I R Posting Machine

Threads:
    I'm pretty sure this issue hasn't been remarked on by BioWare. I recall them putting the question off, saying they couldn't talk about it yet.

10. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    Just because homosexuality hasn't been shown in any of the Star Wars movies, mentioned in any of the Star Wars books (as far as I know) nor depicted in any of the Star Wars games so far doesn't mean there are no homosexual and bisexual people in the Star Wars universe. For all we know, they simply haven't been shown or mentioned anywhere because no one thought about it.

Sexual orientation wasn't much of an issue when George Lucas made the original trilogy (or was it?), so it probably didn't even occur to him to add homosexual people to the Star Wars universe.

11. Junk Angel

Junk Angel OMG Member

Threads:
    Look at any Bioware game that includes romance after the Baldur's gate series (and NWN to an extent)

Protagonist: Hello

Potential LI after 2 completely random conversations: I want (you to|to) have (my|your) babies!

That's essentially it. That's your whole Bioware romance. Which is hilarious considering it's an MMO. Will every damn NPC be romanceable leading to players having wife NPC 343 or husband Tusken NPC 231.

Or will named characters be romanceable, leading to 900 players all with the same NPC.

Or will they be adding some third option of randomly generating from a specific pool of conversations and body options to give each player a unique selection - in which case you absolutely start bombing the concept of a good player story which they've been tauting for TOR?

-- In any case there's no way they can make it work good and not silly. In the end the whole great singleplayer experienec aspect they've been tauting about is something that crumbles and falls apart.

12. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    I don't see why. You can customize your NPCs, heavily. So what if both our Twi'lek lovers have the same name- they look different enough for me to not think she's cheating on me with you...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice