Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Connect today Guest, to explore, mine, build and survive.
    1MB is a public, family-friendly #minecraft survival server, version 1.16.5.
    We're small, but have a friendly face. Invite your friends and come play!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market,
    Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more.

Minecraft Changelog 2020

Discussion in '1MoreBlock.com Information' started by Floris, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

November 27th, 2020:

Happy Thanksgiving everybody

- I hope everybody had a nice Thanksgiving

- Stopped the Thanksgiving Event.

- Restarted the server to archive the event related plugins.

Thanks for playing.

2. OP
    Floris

November 28th, 2020:

Backup time.

- Automated backup system is being purged and refreshed.

- New external drive is added to the system as a 2nd backup method.

- Manual backups of the servers have been purged and limited to their latest builds before updating to a much newer build.
    Note: That makes more sense to me.

- Updated the CMI plugin.

- Updated the mcMMO plugin to fix a memory leak.

- Fixed a potential dupe issue.

- Updated Paper to their latest build.

- Restarted the server to activate some changes.

Have fun gaming.

3. OP
    Floris

November 29th, 2020:

No maintenance.

- Caught up on tickets, didn't do maintenance.

See you tomorrow.

4. OP
    Floris

November 30th, 2020:

2021 prepping

- Updated a few plugins, but only very minor changes.

- Continued prepping for 2021 for the forums, discord and the servers.

- No further maintenance planned.

See you in December.

5. OP
    Floris

December 1st, 2020:

Hi.

- No maintenance, maybe a few tiny updates.

- Don't feel like doing anything, fighting depression.

- Restarted the server to free up some memory and do a manual backup.

See you online later.

6. OP
    Floris

December 2nd, 2020:

Hi.

- Restarted the server to activate a few changes.

- Updated a couple of plugins for minor changes.

- Known issue: some /points perks like florist perks don't work at the moment.

- Updated Paper to build 300+

See you tomorrow.

7. OP
    Floris

December 3rd, 2020:

The unstable version

- Restarted the server to update the unstableness of the Internet.

- Paper updated to their latest version.

- 1MB Plan-B Inventory backup system updated to the latest version.

- 1MB Perks feature updated to the latest version.

- 1MB Voting features updated to the latest version.

- 1MB Heads features updated to the latest version.

Has any of this been tested? No, hence why it's considered unstable. Report issues!

8. OP
    Floris

December 4th, 2020:

More unstable updates

- Restarted the server to activate changes.

- Updated 1MB Gametypes features
    Note: This is about /oneblock, /skyblock, etc. Let me know if there's any issues.

- Updated the Paper build.

Have fun gaming.

9. OP
    Floris

December 5th, 2020:

Sinterklaas

- Processed some of the little things we've noticed in the last few days from our 'unstable update'.

- Restarted the server to activate those tiny updates.

Have fun gaming.

10. OP
    Floris

December 6th, 2020:

Doing nothing today.

- Upgraded Paper to the latest build.

- Updated some plugins that had some very tiny fixes.

- Took note of users who reported some stuff.

See you tomorrow.

11. OP
    Floris

December 7th, 2020:

Working on /claims

- Updated the plugins we use to make /claims work

- Will be updating the new worlds and updating the forum info about it soon.

See you tonight.

12. OP
    Floris

December 8th, 2020:

1.17 stress testing

- Testbed has been updated to 1.17 and doing ridiculous stress testing.

See you guys tomorrow.

13. OP
    Floris

December 9th, 2020:

Exploit fixing and Social features updated

- Added new version of /social
    Note: This now has a unified look, supports newer social media accounts, and has tab suggestion on /social.
    Note: Also new /social gui, opening a menu with clickable buttons.

- Updated Paper.
    Note: "This fixes the exploit used to gain absurd trading discounts with infecting and curing a villager on repeat by simply resetting the reputation when it is cured."
    Note: Exploiting the game was NEVER allowed, users who have done so 'got away with it' in the past. We've kept internal records who've been abusing this. Moving forward this history-toleration + actively exploiting this will result in the account getting sanctioned.

Happy gaming, almost Christmas!

14. OP
    Floris

December 10th, 2020:

mcMMO Update

- More of the recent changes to the server have been kept an eye on.

- The 1.17 stress testing data has been reviewed and we've made some decisions for the future.

- mcMMO updated to fix an exp gain exploit.

- Updated Paper to their latest build.

- We had mcMMO Double exp on for a while today.

Have fun gaming!

15. OP
    Floris

December 11th, 2020:

Almost Christmas!

- Restarted the server to fix an issue with mcMMO

- Updated the 1MB Heads database in preparation of the 1.17 kit and Winter kit, oh and the Christmas kit.

- Prepping some Christmas event stuff, don't worry, we didn't forget.

- Updated some plugins related to Voting

- Updated some Shell scripts that we use internally.

- The Horse feature will soon require your feedback to keep it, keep an eye on the forms channel on Discord!

- 1MB Add-on: CMI Social published to github, youtube video is also out.

Game you later

16. OP
    Floris

December 12th, 2020:

Getting closer to Christmas.

- Winter Box is live early!
    Note: /kits
    Note: Cost: 10,000 /money
    Note: Cost: about 10 levels of Exp
    Note: When you die it falls on the floor and disappears in the snow, silly winter snow covering it up so quick! You won't be able to find it again, so be careful using it.
    Note: Enough new blocks to make snow builds, show them off to mrfloris !! Post your screenshots on Discord

- Fix curing villager makes equipment disappear

- Updated Paper to latest build

- Updated 1MB 2.8.4 to latest build

- Patched Paper to play nice with 1MB's plugins

- Updated /rtp related features

- Updated 1MB Heads related plugins

- Updated Discord integration

See you tomorrow. Thank you for playing.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  17. OP
    Floris

December 13th, 2020:

Sup

- We had our TownHall Meeting last night.

- We had a little 2x booster event.

- We had a few live-streams.

- We updated a few tiny plugins.

- I've made the winter-box kit called 'winter' available to all groups.

- Upgraded some accounts from first to player, from player to member, and from member to boosted, etc.

- Had chocolate.

See you guys later.

18. OP
    Floris

December 14th, 2020:

Yeaaah, so I am probably not going to do much today.

- Sipping coffee while I update Paper and restart the server.

- Played a little bit, and rewrote some shell scripts that we use internally.

See ya tomorrow, have fun gaming.

19. OP
    Floris

December 15th, 2020:

Hello headaches.

- Restarted the server to activate some changes.

- Cleaned up some old archives.

- Purged some older data we don't need anymore.

- Cleaned up some permissions.

See you tomorrow.

20. OP
    Floris

December 16th, 2020:

Another empty changelog

- A lot of behind the scenes stuff has been worked on for the last six hours, but nothing I can mention.

Sorry.

21. OP
    Floris

December 17th, 2020:

1.17 stress testing has been completed.

- We noticed that 1.17 currently performs just like 1.16.4 does, with a few improvements, and a few issues that we know are already being worked on. This is so far positive news, hopefully the Mojang team keeps this up and then there shouldn't be any concerns next Summer. Of course, there's a long way to go still.

- Moved away from Paper on 50% of the servers that we've updated. Spigot runs fine on them, there's no benefit to running Paper there.

- Closed down 2 servers after talking to the community for a few hours, they got a copy of the world (players can download it) and are 100% free to use that to start their own server with (be it under a different name). The domain names of these two servers have been set to redirect to an alike server.

- Merged 5 servers together after a long discussion with the administrators and moderators that run them. The admins that have been with those servers from the start have been made server-founder, and long term moderators and helpers have all been made administrator. The worlds have been moved, one had to be renamed. The domains are all pointing to the new final location (and have been renewed for 3 more years). The staff of those servers have the choice to tweak existing features, remove features, and make other choices that will help transition those servers to become one new server. This includes finding new staff members. This merge is a solution to avoid having to shut down servers, and to ensure players keep their accounts, stats, worlds, builds, ranks, etc. Mismatching permissions between ranks will be sorted out by the 'server founders' and it will be in the benefit of the player (rounding up, not down).

- Moved 5 servers from very small and very large VPS solutions into two pretty big dedicated solutions that almost matched the same price-tag. This way there is maybe a bit of a performance compromise on all those servers (though we shouldn't realistically notice it) but it is easier to keep these servers running, paying one bill also pays the bill of the rest, ensuring a longer lifetime. Instead of having to merge or dissolve the servers. The players don't notice the difference, the domains just point to a new IP. And the hosting provider is working with us to try and keep the same IP where possible. The VPS accounts have all been cancelled, the remaining credit on the account has been used towards paying the bill for this dedicated hosting. And a donation drive will be started by Roberto to help cover the remaining cost hopefully. This can then guarantee these servers from sticking around and not having to merge etc.

- Sold one server. One of the admins on a game server has always been very involved and interested in running a game-server the way that we do. And is interested in changing the server to have focus on bed-wars, turning survival in a faction like team war world or something, and to offer rewards for top 10 players with stats. This is not possible under our current network policy, we are also not sure about certain Mojang EULA breaking things, and we don't want to be financially involved. However, the players benefit from a new owner, especially if the owner is someone who's been passionately helping the community from the first month we've run it. This way there's very little change for the players, except for some feature changes being added and prizes/rewards. The money received from this 'sale', was at least 60% off of the value, because a) we know the guy, b) we know they will do right by the server, c) they kinda stick around until the hosting and domain bill cycle ends and they're taking over, d) we stop advertising the server and save money that way. The advertising isn't a lot, but it's money we've put towards the bill of the dedicated server mentioned earlier for the other servers.

- Boy, look at me being transparent about everything.

- Whitelisted servers are not yet decided upon. Roberto and I are 100% convinced they should be merged, the adminis involved are reluctant but for valid reasons. We're having a few options and people are asking around what the possibilities and wishes are. We want to keep these servers, but they're easier to manage f it's one server. The traffic is low, we want to keep these servers, but permission wise people are concerned one group might be negative towards another group etc. It's too early in the talks to decide what to do moving forward. We've merged them before and these are the last few that we want to merge together.

- Clarification: Most of you don't seem to realise when you press TAB that it says 3/50, that stands for server 3 out of 50. 1MB is an appendix on (and the original server to) our network. While we try our best to keep things separate, there's a direct involvement as well. The difference with 1MB being so separate is because HERE I play with YOU, my family members, my friends, my long term friends, my new friends .. The network staff are my friends as well, but on a different level, and the players there are amazing, but I don't talk to them daily, and I don't play with them like I do on 1MB. This 1MB server feels like 'home', the network feels like 'a project'. The 1MB server has a different name, but it's also connected to the network. We're making changes to the network, this could influence 1MB. But 1MB is NOT getting merged, it's NOT going away. If we ever do make changes in the future because life is always uncertain and things always change: We will let everybody know upfront. Due to the personal level of 1MB content (builds in the worlds, books written by players, items earned that have a certain value, friendships made). The price for me in priceless; we will never sell 1MB to a new owner. Here is me trying to be open and honest about changes on our network, and because I don't want to hide those changes I share them in this changelog. Even though nothing changes for 1MB.

- So, the tab will no longer say 3/50 anymore, in-fact we're slowly working on removing that from the TAB from our servers now that the number has lowered and players can't switch servers anymore. Our goal is also to get closer to running 25 servers in 2021.

- 1MB Core is going to drop support for anything below 1.16.4, any server still on 1.16.2 or 1.16.3 will be forced to upgrade.

- 1MB Core is going to drop support for other server engines than Spigot we want to focus on Spigot - and leave the responsibility for compatibility with Paper, Tuinity, Purpur, in their hands. It's not up to us to do right by the community. We already do that.

- We tend to stay current where possible. In 2021 our goal is to run an instance for a server on 1.16.4, and then not touch it anymore unless there's a real reason to (security, privacy, data corruption, etc). This way we can focus on feature configurations, fine tuning setups, and playing the game.

- All ranks will be locked, at least, the ones you can't auto upgrade to, can't request on the forums, etc. The online shops to buy a VIP rank or Knight rank will be locked. We rather not go into this at this point, since 1MB doesn't offer this anyway. But we will go full donation driven rather than pay for cosmetic perks through tebex etc. People that have their rank will keep it, those who want to upgrade will notice a sale during Christmas, and then that's it. 2021 will have no option to rank up through a purchase. People can still donate like we do on 1MB, and a certain amount and over will get someone a donator rank. But for example EPIC will be locked.

- The EPIC rank will be offered on 1MB in the remaining part of December for the slots that were already available. We will not offer new slots in the future anymore. Is it possible that will ever change? Sure, don't think it's a guarantee. Network-lock is active starting January 2021 on rank upgrade buying on all servers, including 1MB. Again, donations is how to support the server moving forward so we know and learn how much people wish to keep servers around. (And yes, you now know EPIC will get a discount this Christmas! This is the ONLY change to buy slot 4 or 5, there won't be any more slots). A full announcement on this will follow soon.

- Okay, that's the information about 1MB Network servers, 1MB itself will stay, we won't merge staff and chat and servers with 1MB, nothing changes basically. What has changed, sold, merged, dissolved servers on the network. And this is the first time ever we've had less than 50 servers on the network. We try to do right by the players, but it will be impossible to please everybody. Will we sell, merge, dissolve again in the future? Yes, this trend continues throughout 2021 - and should exclude 1MB. But we try our honest best to do right by the players. After paying bills with the help from donations our priority is to merge data so there's no loss for players, or even sell something so someone else can keep it going. Or dissolve it before the bill period runs out.

- Again, these network changes are about network servers, not 1MB. I need a break from doing this for a decade, and it's grown bigger than anticipated, and the negativity and stress that comes from a gaming community isn't balanced versus the money and energy that we put into it. I am trying to find a balance to give myself more time to play the game and enjoy Minecraft instead of burning out from it. And if it wasn't for those awesome friends, donators, and you being an honest and good person spreading the love and positivity when playing: It wouldn't have been here today. So please keep up that positivity and play and have fun, maybe donate and spread the word. Life's not about views and stats, and status. I hope more people realise that. Gameplay isn't shortcuts, cheating, toxic behavior and backstabbing friendships, griefing, and mods to give you an advantage over others. Please realise that too; do better.

- Thank you for coming to my TED talk. Subscribe and like for part 2.

- Server has been restarted to update to the latest 1MB core and Paper engine.

- Backups have been reviewed, auto adjusted, and a manual backup has been made offsite.

- All banned players with 'severe' in their account have been perm banned on all network servers by name, name history, uuid, and IP.

- All banned players with 'not severe' in their account have had their ban lifted.

- All banned players without '(not) severe' in their account were manual bans, they can still access other network servers, or are still banned. Appeal on these accounts IS possible through the forums. If you got over yourself and want to do better in 2021: Appeal, we will unban you before Jan 1st.

- All the accounts from all the servers have been synced with a master Postgreql database, and their data has been synced back to all the servers on the network. You're now either known on one or more servers, or known to the server but account status is 'in good standing' with a flag called 'limbo', meaning you were known, but haven't joined that particular network server yet. The benefit of this: You are a donator here: you show up as donator there. And if the account isn't in good standing you will because a default player without a rank sync.

- We're considering replacing EssentialsX on ALL the servers with CMI, getting rid of that ridiculously outdated feature-lacking, server management plugin. This way configurations can sync faster, players get a modern solution for many features, and we can get rid of very old outdated plugins that are just an extra feature in CMI. Admins and server-founders will soon get their budget to buy their license. That way if they ever take over a server they can keep using it in their name.

- Sponsors: Besides donors we are and have been looking for sponsors. From gaming sites, companies, to other networks, and server list sites, to existing big communities and companies that think the same about gaming as we do. Roberto is the lead in this and has made some behind closed doors discussions and agreements with people who seem to love what we're doing. This should help guarantee a future for some servers that we wish to stick around even if we can't be the owners anymore. Our network policy regarding sponsors is: They have very little influence on how we run servers, they can't force changes we remain advertising free, and a sponsor will never contact you in-game nor will they email you (they won't get your data). This is about supporting us in the architecture of our network, hosting, paying bills, etc.

- The fall season update has officially ended, I think i've mentioned that before. if not: sorry. It is now official.

- The winter season update will soon start, it has a lot of this 'clean up' and 'moving forward' changes in it. With the focus of being on 1.16.4 for a while until we are comfortable with 1.17. And how well we can upgrade to 1.17 depends on Mojang and Bukkit, and plugin authors.

- The winter update will also include us focussing on existing features, and removing a bunch of stuff that player saren't using. There will be a bigger compromise than usual. So it's important you are involved in the community if you don't like change. We will post forms in the discord forms channel where you can share your opinion, concerns, etc. And we take those under consideration before making (more drastic) changes.

- Christmas, where is Christmas floris!! Yeah, Covid, mental health, free time, and seeing friends around me being infected with Covid and all that, my free time goes into fighting depression and my mental health. What we can do: We will try to do. What doesn't happen: Sorry. If we have the time and can deal with it, we will install something and share this in the changelog, announcement and event channel. But to be honest: I don't even see five players online. I see them play on other servers. I am not sure why I should work a month to give away loads of great items, when players only join for 3 minutes to collect them. I thought we were all friends and all a community? It makes me wonder sometimes, and it feeds my depression when I spend so much time to set something up and dont' even see a small % of regulars join. I honestly go to sleep at night thinking I've done it all wrong and that I've somehow disappointed my friends. So, maybe I choose 'me' this year for once. I am sorry for those who do play frequently, that handful of people are pretty awesome. Sorry this affects you a bit.

- Apologies for being honest, I try to be honest and open and give everybody what they want.

Okay, time for me to be sad about having to merge servers, dissolve servers, and sell a server. I do hope it was for the better and that we didn't make a mistake. Thanks for understanding.

22. OP
    Floris

December 18th, 2020:

Thank you Citebafla for getting the 4th slot of the Epic group. Enjoy.

- Restarted the server to active a few changes.

- Updated CMI to it's latest version to help bug test.

- Bugs reported to zrips.

- Updated Citebafla's group/rank on the forums, discord and in-game: welcome to Epic!
    Note: And thank you so much for supporting the server.
    Note: There's now 1 slot left, it will be the last slot, and expires Jan 1st, so first to get it will have it!

- Purged some private channels on Discord.

- Archived some other channels on Discord.

- Updated the bots to point to the fresh new 2021 channels.

- Cleaned up the Discord welcome and announcement top listed channels.

See you online soon.

23. OP
    Floris

24. OP
    Floris

December 20th, 2020:

I just want to refer back to yesterday's changelog

- Details: https://omgboards.com/threads/christmas-week-2020.263606/

- Additionally: Updated the boosters

- Updated Discord event channel.

- Updated the Voting plugin

- Updated some other plugins that had very minor changes.

- Updated Paper to the latest build.

- Updated CMI to the latest build.

Okay, almost Christmas, have a lovely holiday season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice