Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Connect today Guest, to explore, mine, build and survive.
    1MB is a public, family-friendly #minecraft survival server, version 1.16.5.
    We're small, but have a friendly face. Invite your friends and come play!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market,
    Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more.

Minecraft Changelog 2020

Discussion in '1MoreBlock.com Information' started by Floris, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

December 21st, 2020:

Saturn and Jupiter are right there, look up.

- Christmas Kit is available in /kits

ktnx

2. OP
    Floris

December 22nd, 2020:

So close to Christmas!

- Restarted the server to activate maintenance changes.

- Updated Paper to their latest build.

- Updated CMI to the latest version.

- Updated the Head database to the latest version.

- Updating a couple of other plugins that had very minor changes.

- Expanded the world border for the /end, /nether and /mine world.

- Doing a bunch of boring admin tasks.

- Reviewed the /snowman area a little bit.

- The Christmas Box is now available in /kits to all groups.
    Note: Don't forget, there's also a Winter Box in /kits

- Converted a bunch of very old NPC towns to their new 1.16.4 design.

Reminder: All Christmas event things 100% expire December 31st, so enjoy these things before the end of the year.

3. OP
    Floris

December 23rd, 2020:

Personal Christmas Tree is back

- Restarted the server to activate the changes.

- Fishing plugin updated.

- Personal Christmas Tree feature is back.
    Note: Ask mrfloris for a Christmas Crystal and place a sapling in a safe spot where it can grow and upgrade the tree the best you can to get random gifts.

View: https://youtu.be/7cY4E06yZIg

Have fun.

4. OP
    Floris

December 24th, 2020:

Christmas Eve right? Whoo

- Restarted the server to activate some changes.

- Updated plugins related to /builders

- Gave a lot of players the Christmas Crystal to build their own tree.

- Got kicked while writing a book? Okay, that should be fixed now. I hope.

- Added mcMMO community form - request for feedback - to the Discord channel. Please fill it out!

Have a lovely Christmas everybody.

5. OP
    Floris

December 25th, 2020:

Merry Christmas

- Restarted the server to fix an issue with the /fish feature

- Updated the /fish plugin.

CHRISTMAS TIME:

It's midnight here in the Netherlands, that means it's the 25th, it's Christmas!

You can now go to /santa and find your NPC with a christmas box, it should say [open], if so, you can right click and open it and take the 27 shulker boxes out.

WhoOOo

If you can't find your name: Contact mrfloris!
    If you can't open your box even it says open: Contact mrfloris!

- Have fun.

- The boxes will be open until 31st of December, on that day I will remove them all, regardless what's inside. Please pick up your christmas gifts before then.

See you guys online soon

6. OP
    Floris

December 26th, 2020:

I hope you all have a nice Christmas!

- Enjoy the gifts at /santa

- Fixed a bug with leads.

- Updated a plugin that had a lot of typing errors in it, thereez lezz now

- Testing new /countdown command.

See you tomorrow!

7. OP
    Floris

December 27th, 2020:

It still feels like Christmas

- Added /glow gui to the EPIC group.

- Made progress with some builds for 2021.

- Preparing Fishing Tournaments for 2021.

There's still xmas stuff to do, check the server!

8. OP
    Floris

December 28th, 2020:

Fishy things

- Restarted the server after a crash.

- Identified the reason it crashed lol

- Also, updated the Fishing plugin, but it didn't fix the Totem issue we're having.

We've had better server days.

9. OP
    Floris

December 29th, 2020:

Winter Update Information

- We are preparing internally to stay on 1.16.4 for a while. It's now obviously the Winter season and we're ready to start working on our 1MoreBlock.com Winter Update for 2020, rolling into 2021 obviously.

- 1MB Version 2.8.4 will become 2.8.5

- Our engine will remain 1.16.4, unless there's something new out that really gives us a reason to upgrade to it.

- We want to stay on 1.16.4 until Mojang 1.17 is stable and ready to upgrade to at some point end of the Summer 2021.

- The Winter Update will come with changes to the main CMI plugin, Jobs plugins, and MMO related plugins.
    Note: We have posted forms on Discord, requesting your input. We will soon start putting them on the forum and then in the server, to give everybody a chance to take a look and contribute.

- We have enough left-over configuration files from 1.13 and 1.15 that we need to look into with more time. We've scheduled time this Winter Update to do just that.

- We will start the Celebration Year, but more about that in the new year, early January.

- We have an existing todo list internally, on the owners forum, and in private tickets on Discord, we will start organizing these again and dropping 5 things we decide against, and give 5 items priority and try to complete them before the Spring season.

- The frequency of server maintenance will not be less, us reporting back in detail will be less in 2021.
    Note: In 2020 I've done it on a daily basis, this will change in 2021 probably. You'll see.

- Final reminder: There's about 24 hours left until the gifts at /santa go away. Ignoring us means you miss out: THAT SIMPLE. Enjoy gameplay, hang out and check what we're up to and you have actually more fun than on many other servers. Life's not about status and shortcuts, it's about community, friendships, happiness.

- Known issue: The PyroFishingPro plugin introduced a Totem feature, but it's not working well for us, we strongly recommend against using that while you fish (for the time being). If you made one we can look into returning you those items. It's a fairly new feature, issues are expected and I am sure over time it will improve and also work for our type of server setup.

Have fun playing!

10. OP
    Floris

December 30th, 2020:

This is a special Changelog, with a thank you to YOU and everybody else that played in 2020. Please read it for some serotonin release.

- Restarted the server to update 1MB pre-2.8.5, and Paper's build. And to update to the new mcMMO jar. Okay, now we have that out of the way: Lets goooo

You are pretty awesome. Why? Because you had fun in 2020 during a terrible year. You and/or people you know, some close maybe, might have picked up the COVID-19 virus, and that has an impact. The whole world has been impacted. From stress to you and your family, some with loss of friends or family. And with home working or home schooling, or loss of jobs. It's not fun. But you still managed to make the best of it. Including hanging out with us on our little server. And that makes you pretty awesome.

I think it is therefore more than reasonable that I at least say: Thank you. Not just for you playing and having fun. But because you also kept me company. You gave me a reason to move forward with the server and my life. It gave me a distraction from all the stress in my life as well. It made it all worth it.

You helped everybody and yourself by playing, by being part of a community. By enjoying a fun little cube game. You maybe signed up on the forums here at omgboards.com, or maybe played on 1moreblock.com, maybe you've been hanging out with us on our Discord server. You told your friends and family about it. And some of them maybe have joined in as well. You maybe have voted for the server and helped support us with a financial donation in the form of a personal gift towards me. So i can pay the domains and other bills involved with running this.

Everything we all do together, it's all worth something. We do our part, we enjoy it in our own way. Maybe especially in 2020.

And for that: Thank you. Honestly.. I might say it a few times per year, but this time it hits it right in the feelz okaaaaay. THANK YOU.

I also want to use this opportunity to put a few names forward that deserve an extra shoutout. Because thanks to @Nix and @Mikey we have these services up and running. Thanks to donations from @globug100 TheLynx74, @Paprikaatje, @Roberto, @Tidal, @Citebafla, and a few others this year, we've been able to keep going.

Also a huge thank you to everybody that has donated one way or another. Through contributions with graphics, music, rich media, banned designs, youtube and twitch live streaming, and sharing screenshots on social media. You've all helped make it a fun experience. Such as @Vloop and @emmabear and maybe others.

We might say we're a small server, and people sometimes think we're just a few people online. But we're a pretty big family. We have a couple of dozen players every day that hang out for 5+ minutes, to 5+ hours. And we have up to 50 connections from people checking us out. Discord is a 100+ member strong, and the OMG boards after 20 years has 5000+ familiar faces, and over 25k registrations.

Thank you for Ady from WriteEscape and Nossr50 from mcmMO, and Pyro from the /points and /fish plugins, and many others like @the456gamer who have jumped in at times with testing, code fixing, general advice, and plugin development. Thanks to all these developers we've had some fun features that makes it a great place to keep coming back to.

I also want to say thank you to our beta testers, server testers, feature testers, and everybody who has made suggestions, given feedback and reported bugs. This is a hobby, and we don't have a team of people to work on it 9-5, but we aim to keep moving forward. And all this 'working together' means we're working together to get a better server one improvement at a time.

We love playing Survival, and we think that the way we run the server we can keep it fun for 13+, we can keep it a clean and non-toxic community. And we can try to work together to balance it. For items, for the economy in-game, for the community outside of it as well. Thank you for giving our server a try, for playing in the last decade, or at least in 2020.

I honestly mean it: I hope to see your gamertag join us in 2021 as well.

We try to track when you join the server and leave, and ignore AFK-ing, but here's a 'general idea' of the top 50 playtime players. A shoutout goes to each and every one of them:
    Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.31.05.png Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.31.18.png Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.31.23.png Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.31.30.png Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.31.38.png
    Here's the top 50 /mctop players from mcMMO, they've been active enough to gain levels, by just playing, or by grinding levels. A special shoutout to these awesome active players.

Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.32.24.png Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.32.32.png Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.32.39.png Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.32.46.png Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.32.52.png

Here are the almost top 50 players from the /jobs feature. They've joined a job - or maybe a few. And they have been earning points, exp and money this way. A special shoutout to these active players who've been working hard!

Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.35.32.png Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.35.46.png Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.35.40.png

Here is an overview of the vote top for the last 12 months, you might recognize some faces, thank you all so much for helping spread the word by voting for the server.

Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.40.45.png

And here are some alltime stats from the last few years.
    Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.44.11.png Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.44.44.png Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.44.37.png Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.44.29.png Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.44.18.png

And while the balance top constantly changes, it does give a general impression, i want to give a shoutout to everybody that's been gathering resources, has been selling items, trading items and has been active on the global /market. You keep the economy in-game going!

Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.45.37.png Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.45.44.png Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.45.48.png Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.45.52.png Screenshot 2020-12-30 at 03.45.56.png

Okay, I can go on forever, but it sums up to: You're awesome, you are all fantastic people. Thank you for playing on my server, and thank you all for doing your part to help us keep it fun.

See you in 2021! Stay safe.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. OP
    Floris

31st December 2020:

Goodbye 2020, nobody will miss you.

- Restarted the server to say goodbye to 2020 and clean up after the Holiday Season events.

See you all in 2021

12. OP
    Floris

The 2020 changelog (thread) is now closed. We will pick up the 1MoreBlock.com Changelog again in 2021.

The 2021 /changelog can be found here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice