Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Connect today Guest, to explore, mine, build and survive.
    1MB is a public, family-friendly #minecraft survival server, version 1.12.2.
    We're small, but have a friendly face. Invite your friends and come play!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market,
    Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more.

Minecraft Changelog

Discussion in 'MineCraft' started by Floris, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Oh boy, this is going to be a little bit complicated ~ but if you are one of those people that want to know what's going on behind the scenes, .. this is the thread for you. Feel free to reply to any post, ask questions, or give suggestions.

Before I get into it, here is a first a little bit of history about our server: https://omgboards.com/threads/minecraft-history.260949/

Okay, let's share some of the stuff I have been working on the last couple of days, and just take it from there. (and if you want to have a sneak peak into the future..)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  2. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    December 9th, 2016:

- Added phase 1 of 3 of GUI development to the server. Players can soon type /warps as before, and /kit, but will be presented with a visual menu window which makes it easier to quickly warp to a location or pick a kit. Phase 2 of 3 will make this public to all players, with further improvements.

- Added todays build of Spigot 1.11 to the server, restarted the server. Double checked all the plugins. Everything is working fine.

- Moved the structure of the server folders, files, scripts, etc around a little bit to improve managing the live version, the developer version, and the test version. Nothing that you guys will notice in-game, but it really helps me.

- Created a BuildTools.jar script to help with some automated tasks, once I am happy with it, I will share this for other server admins to use. It's called 1MB-BuildTools.sh.

- Tweaked a few settings inside of EssentialsX, we have been running it successfully for a week now, after our 1.10.2 Essentials convert to 1.11 EssentialsX. It was time to make sure some options were set a certain way.

- Improved group management. In preparation for the 2017 group changes (which will be minor, but big behind closed doors).

- After successful testing of /general without a worldborder, the old world border from 1.8 at 4000 was increased to 1.10.2 at 5000 and now with 1.11 to 6000. Once we have a new iMac with an SSD drive in 2017, we will remove the worldborder completely.

- Updated some of our website information that was out of date. Created new content. And asked some people to take a look to help find some obvious issues (btw, if you run into anything on our server or website, just contact me).

- Updated some of the .txt files that the Minecraft server uses. Like /motd, or /rules, /help, and some others.

- Introduced a few new commands to help explain a few things to newcomers and regulars. You can now use /rules, /new, as well as /website (or /web, or /forums, ..) and there's a new /staff and /apply command. This is the first phase of three, where we improve the experience and usability of our server features, and their commands. Phase two is being discussed, organised and will be implemented early 2017.

- Armour Stands can now be customized by a couple of people. If you want to spiffy up your design with a custom armour stand, please contact me. We can provide arms, size, and posture changes. Pretty nifty - so make something cool and contact me.

- Market Place is now live to all players. Just type /market and /money. We always had an economy since version 2, but it has been in the testing stages. We are now live and you can make money trading items with other players through our 1MB Market Place. For help, contact staff.

- Chairs was a pain, but I figured it out. The latest configuration file is now live. If you hold nothing in your hand you can now sit down on stairs and use them as a chair. I do believe right now it is a perk for [Builders] group (enjoy).

- Finally, I finally fixed the issues with MultiVerse Inventories. Thanks to some awesome guy on the Spigot forums I have ironed out most bugs now. Hopefully this is the last time I have to care about this. I was almost ready to just allow everybody to have a single shared inventory. NUHUH!

- LWC update is now live too. The internal test was successful and has been stable for a week. The old database is imported so protection that was lost has been restored for 60%. Any 1.6 and up protections are still there. Don't worry. Operators can not look into your chest. Admins can.

- A few players have been invited to beta test a special shop where we can offer you a few unique perks. Nothing more that I can disclose about this, but hopefully I can push this to the live version in 2017 at some point. I am really excited about this one. Imagine flying for 5 minutes, just because you're awesome? Anyway, #soon

- Administrator tools have been upgraded to 1MB 2.3 version. Better UUID support, name history, and inventory control. Now also with offline support. A new way to create kits is in the making to get special perks for special usergroups, etc. Really fun stuff that I am working on for Spring/Summer 2017. So stick around.

- mcMMO has been eh, addressed. It's live and old database imported. Hopefully everything went okay. It's live. You can grind for skills. We support anti-idle in case you want to fish for hours (do it legit!) and fall asleep while mining (we don't anti afk kick).

- AFK kick is disabled. You can idle in the game as long as you want. For the right reasons. Not to gain an unfair advantage, but, just hanging out: no problem. Gotta run? Just idle, just make sure you are in a safe spot. If you want to hang out and not miss a chat, MineChat for iOS is a great app that lets you keep an eye on the chat. We're ok with it.

- Sphax support: up to 1.11, Optifine support: up to 1.11. and a couple of other mods and plugins like that .. 1MB version 2.3 is cool with it.

- We're using a EssentialsX friendly economy plugin to help us link Essentials, your /money, the 1MB Market Place, and things like /kit and /warps, etc together. Making it all fancy and working as expected.. i hope. I've done my best.

- All the secret 1MB version 2.x plugins, mods, and scripts have been updated to 1.11 (if I say more, a creeper blows me up, sssh).

Okay, that's it for this week, today, and this evening. I am knackered, and I really crave to check out the new mining world. Subscribe to this thread to find out any updates.

3. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    December 14th, 2016:

- Restarted the server to upgrade the internal version of 1MB and fix a few configuration bugs that I found.

- Updated a Staff plugin to the latest version.

- Updated the /Market plugin to the latest version.

- Fixed a few in-game settings for the /mine world.

- Spent an hour in-depth testing some of our core features to guarantee they still work the same as before.

- Fixed lag during start-up that a plugin was causing. All smooth now.

- Updated EssentialsX plugin to the latest build.

- Upgraded the World Protection plugins to the latest build.

- Updated Protocol Library support.

- Fixed a bug in mcMMO and upgraded to the latest build for 1.11

4. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    December 18th, 2016:

- Tweaked a few feature options for better performance.

- Backed up the server to offsite storage.

- Considering 1MB 2.3 as 'stable', removed option to roll-back to 1MB 2.1 (MC 1.8.x)

- Hugged a creeper and survived. Happy Holidays everybody.

5. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    December 22nd, 2016

- Cleaned up a few old log files and player data.

- Removed option to roll-back to 1MB 2.2 (MC 1.10.2).

- Started 1MB's 2.3-1.11.2 dev setup for error-catching incompatible plugins

- Updated EssentialsX plugin to the latest build.

- Fixed a few in-game settings for the /end world.

- Updated the Spigot build to a stable nightly release and restarted the server.

- Upgraded a few plugins that now offer better 1.11 support.

6. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    December 23rd, 2016:

- Updated some .txt files that are being used in-game.

- Restructured some 'secret' featured their in-game notices for more consistency.

- Made plans to slowly introduce some of these secret new features early 2017.

- Compiled a new Spigot 1.11.2 build and moved from dev. to test. server for 6 hours.

- Test successful, I see no reason to not upgrade live to 1.11.2 at this point. Which I did.

- Some plugins updated and upgraded that now better support 1.11 and 1.11.2.

- Spoken with a few developers about future feature improvements, looking promising.

- 1MB internal version updated from 2.3.<something> to 2.3.<something-higher> for MineCraft 1.11.2 support.

- Yes, it's Christmas, and you can play with MC 1.11.2 on 1MB already, hohoho.

- Updated references on the website of 1.11 to say 1.11.2.

- Updated the internal .sh shell scripts from test to live builds (now supporting 1.11.2)

7. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    December 26th, 2016:

- Removed the dev and test server, and made 1.11.2 the 'live' version.

- Updated Spigot to the nightly build.

- Using the latest /spawn world (has a few new things, thanks globug100 and emmabear)

- Restarted the server for maintenance reasons.

- Updated the World guarding protection plugin to a nightly build.

8. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    December 29th, 2016:

- Started testing the NPC Controller plugin.

- Updated Spigot to the nightly build to fix a few vanilla bugs.

- Did the final 1.11.2 backup for this year. Moved it to the LaCie backup.

- Added the feature {item} in-game, players can now hold something in their hand and type {item} in-game for chat item popup. Super cool to show to others what you're working with.

- Updated the Essentials plugins to a nightly build for better 1.11.2 support.

- Worked on some of the content on the 1MB website.

- Updated the Anti-cheat plugins.

9. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    December 30th, 2016:

- Updated the Operator toolset to the latest version.

- Removed the legacy 1.8 Skygrid world (can be loaded back in on demand)

- Upgraded to a 1.11.2 Skygrid world with The End and The Nether support, as well as Skygrid Challenges.

More information:

Big update to our Skygrid world.

The 2016 version is now a legacy world, has been unloaded and archived. Upon request we can load this in to give players access to their builds and items. This is a static and passive world that was made for 1.6-1.8 of Minecraft, and has received no upgrades, or feature updates.

The 2017 version is now the current and live world. You can get there with /skygrid which spawns you in a small area, so let it load, and don't fall to your death. This is an active world made for 1.11.2 of Minecraft, and has new updates and new features.

The world Skygrid is reachable with /skygrid command, which is an alias for /mv tp ASkyGrid, which is the overworld. Here a player can jump from block to block, hopefully without falling. It is more 'vanilla', a lot of the world destructive protection settings are turned off on purpose. More about this in a second. The Skygrid world now also comes with it's own version of the end and the nether, only reachable through the Skygrid world.

And that is the first feature: Vanilla destruction. Angry mobs will spawn, and can cause damage. Fire and water can flow. Fire can spread, and fire/lava can cause damage. Damage is to the player as well as to the world. World protection in /general , etc is still turned on, don't worry. Oh, these worlds are set to 'easy' for now, but the Skygrid worlds are set to 'normal' for their difficulty. You might want to run a little faster when you see a creeper. Oh, trees CAN grow, and leafs do decay.

The second feature is support for a Skygrid Nether and End world. OMG, as if it wasn't hard enough You should be able to achieve creating a portal (or find one) to the nether, and a portal to the end.

A third feature is loot. There are 1.11.2 blocks and items everywhere. Easy to see and find, well, if your acrobatics are good enough. And there are chests with some awesome loot in them. From diamond tools to endermen spawn eggs. All sorts of stuff to give you an edge. So the longer you play, the more you can gather. And the sooner you're exploring this world, the easier it is to find (beating others to it).

The fourth feature is a big one. But super fun: Challenges! Type /challenge to get a menu with Skygrid world challenges. Best of luck! I won't say much more about this because figuring it out is part of the fun.

10. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    January 2nd, 2017;

Hey, it's 2017 : Happy New Year!

- Updated Spigot to the nightly build to fix a few spigot bugs.

- Finished the NPC testing phase and planning how to best use it.

- Started the leaf-decay test phase.

- Improved support for newcomers, including a random teleport command (still testing)

- Improved the Core protection plugins for performance improvements.

- Updated the Operator toolset to the latest version.

- The /skygrid world is now live, when there, type: /challenge and have fun!

- Phase 1 of 3 of GUI development is almost over, most usergroups can use it live now.

- Updated the 1MB-<name>.sh scripts to 2017. Prepping for public release.

- Final values for the world borders have been decided upon for the Winter season:
    Default border shape for all worlds is "rectangular/square".
    World "jail" has border radius 100
    World "general" has border radius 6000
    World "SkyGrid nether" has border radius 256
    World "SkyGrid the_end" has border radius 256
    World "spawn" has border radius 200
    World "SkyGrid overworld" has border radius 512

The regular END, THE_NETHER, and LEGACY, and some other worlds do No longer have a worldborder.

- Talking about the end, when you type /end you spawn in a spawn point created by emmabear

- And /nether in a spawn point created by a schematic designer, stay safe everybody!

- Introducing a new feature soon called 'Active Players Perks', when the server has a certain amount of players on, a shop appears in the chat with special (temporary) perks that really help with gameplay, when the number drops, so does the special shop. So, invite your friends, play frequently, and be active, you might be able to get rewarded for it in a cool way.

- Removed older 1.8 and 1.10.2 and 1.11 plugins we no longer need (like "let players from 1.9 connect too"). This helps improve performance. Newer plugins have replaced their features, and in a much better way, so there is no feature-loss.

- It's a new year, so time to clean up a few old log files and player data. Obsolete data from 2011 and 2012 will be pruned automatically on the next server restart.

- Remember when I said this? "- Made plans to slowly introduce some of these secret new features early 2017.", the first secret feature is now live, I wonder who finds it first.

- Worked on some of the content on the 1MB website.

- Worked on /nether settings and features, should be easier to find blazes and blazerods now :)

11. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    January 7th, 2017;

- Updated Spigot to the nightly build to fix a few spigot bugs.

- Updated the Admin / Operator tools to the nightly build.

- Updated the Essentials plugins to their nightly build.

- Update the World protection plugins (edit/guard) to their nightly build.

12. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    January 9th, 2017;

- Updated the 'hold item in hand and type {item}' plugin to newer version. You can now also use [item] or .

13. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    January 11th, 2017;

- Restarted the server after yearly restart of the computer.

- Updated Spigot to the nightly build while I was at it.

- Updated the Admin / Operator tools to a nightly build to fix lag spike bug.

- Updated the MOTD plugin to a more modern one for better 1.11 and up support.

14. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    January 16th, 2017

- Restarted the server to free up some memory

- Updated Spigot to the nightly build while I was at it.

- Updated the Admin / Operator tools again.

- Testing a beta of [item]

- Worldguard plugins updated to their latest builds.

- mcMMO updated to a nightly build.

- Anti cheat plugins updated to their nightly builds.

- A small update to the Skygrid January event (still running!)

15. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    January 23rd, 2017:

- Restarted the server

- Upgraded Spigot to nightly build.

- Opened up [item] feature to more usergroups.

- Had my birthday on the 21st.

16. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    January 25th, 2017:

- Shutdown the server for maintenance for 15 minutes.

- Backed up the -live- server to offline backup drive.

- Upgraded the /market plugin to the latest version.

- Moved the [ item ] plugin from a beta to a stable release.

- Started the server again.

17. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    January 28th, 2017:

- Restarted the computer to upgrade Java 8 to latest version and kernel updates.

- Update Spigot to the nightly build.

- Updated World protection tools to the nightly build.

- Started the server again obviously.

18. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    February 1st, 2017:

- Put the server in Maintenance mode.

- Compiled a new Spigot build to address some Spigot/VanilaMC issues.

- Updated the Essentials plugins to their latest release to better support iron nuggets, etc.

- Updated the Admin / Operator plugins again.

- Updated the Anti-Cheat plugins to their nightly builds.

- January event is over, removed Skygrid_end and Skygrid_nether and the Skygrid plugin

- January event is over, but the /skygrid world will be there, you can still visit it and play in it. Enjoy!

- Made a final January-backup of the 1MB 2.3.1.11.2.

- February event has started, introducing 1MB Achievements. Type /achievements to get started

- Removed the Snow Particles at /spawn and the Christmas Lamps plugins - holiday season is over.

- Multiple homes changed: default: 4, builder: 10, vip: 25

- Gave everybody access to the /recipe and /colors commands

- Started the server again.

19. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    February 4th, 2017:

- Restarted the server to free up some memory.

- Made the /events/ forums public, and updated the threads.

- Started XP night (edit: and stopped it again after 6 hours) and announced Double XP Valentines Weekend

- Announced the Adventure Weekend event, and invited some players.

- Refreshed the -test- server to the latest 'future' builds for final testing.

20. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    February 6th, 2017:

- Shutdown the server for maintenance.

- Build a new BuildTools and Spigot build for 1.11.2 + nightly fixes.

- Made sure the /events/ threads are up to date.

- Shut down the Adventure Event servers that weren't being used.

- Created a -dev- clone in debug mode to try some upcoming features 'to the max'

- Updated Protocol Library plugins to latest stable releases for better 1.11.2 support

- Updated the Staff plugins to their latest stable.

- Started the server back up after some internal testing.

21. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    February 8th, 2017:

- Shutdown the server for maintenance mode.

- After all the below change; synced the -test- server to match.

- Build a new Spigot nightly to address a few obnoxious bugs.

- Removed the /visitjail world since everybody's been good!

- Moved the 'jail' build to /warp jail in the /general world.

- Added the World Protection to the Jail region.

- Paid out the February Adventure Event prizes to the winners.

- Removed a few plugins after testing that we won't need until Spring time.

- Updated a few internal configuration files for better performance.

- Added some /money rewards for the /achievements

- Achievements week 1 rewards have been paid out.

- Achievements week 2 has started! Type /achievements to start.

- Achievements plugin configuration slightly updated.

- Testing for Valentines weekend has started. More soon!

- Removed the [ item ] plugin, it didn't work well with various usergroups.

- Cleaned up some obsolete January-data from 2017, and January-data from 2016.

- Started the server -live- again. Ended Maintenance mode.

22. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    February 9th, 2017:

- Updated the notice at the top of the forum.

- Updated Spigot to the latest build.

- Reviewing the 1.12 snapshot (very alpha).

- Made preparations for the Valentines Weekend event.

- Updated the forum's frontpage to be more 'simple'.

- Updated the font on the site to be a bit easier to read.

- Created a few new /help/ threads to explain our most used features.

- Updated the Admin / Operator plugins to their latest version.

- Updated the /market plugin to the latest version.

- Updated the Achievements plugin to the latest version.

- Changed policy of placing lava with lava buckets (now allowed again).

- Changed the way we display chat (shorter, and worlds are grey)

- Removed the old /buy, /trade, /sell commands. Use /market instead.

- Gave players access to the /pos command.

- Gave players access to the /payconfirmtoggle command (/pay no longer requires confirmation toggle).

- Removed old references to Skygrid (nether/end) worlds from certain configuration files.

- Restarted the server after some testing (all changes are now live)

23. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    February 11th, 2017:

- Shut the server down for maintenance when nobody was online.

- Made a new nightly build of BuildTools and Spigot and updated Spigot.

- Merged changes from the -test- server with the -live- server.

- Updated the Admin / Operator tools in preparation of the March usergroup changes.

- Started usergroup testing on the -test- server.

- Leaf-decay is now -live-, see this thread for details.

- Turned on triple XP for mcMMO for 1 hour, and reset it to double XP

- Updated the Armor Stand plugin to a newer version.

- Double XP event is still going, reason: Valentines weekend.

- Valentines event is still going, the /valentine command is well received, yay.

- Tested a secret valentine feature for Sunday or Monday (depending when I get it to work)

- Finished the 1MB Lootbox for Valentines weekend, Cupid is ready to drop them today!

- A few configuration changes have been made based on player feedback.

- Elytra with fireworks is now live! The speed will be displayed on-screen as well.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
  24. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    February 12th, 2017:

- Yes, I am late posting this, hectic day for me.

- Shut the server down and moved the backup to the LaCie drive.

- Upgraded the Admin / Operator plugin and some usergroup permissions.

- Removed a few permissions for features that players shouldn't have access to.

- Removed a few permissions for features that operators shouldn't have access to.

- Disabled some older commands that don't really work well with the 1.11.2 engine.

- And replaced them with newer fully featured commands instead.

- Turned on Triple XP for an hour. And then back to double xp.

- Turned on Valentines Mobs plugin so all the angry mobs are huggable for Valentines Weekend.

- Delivered the second batch of 1MB Valentines Loot boxes to newer players.
    Note: If you were online on Sat/Sun and didn't get one, contact me this week.

- Restarted the server to fix a memory leak eating up some gigs and causing lag spikes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.