Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Connect today Guest, to explore, mine, build and survive.
    1MB is a public, family-friendly #minecraft survival server, version 1.12.2.
    We're small, but have a friendly face. Invite your friends and come play!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market,
    Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more.

Minecraft Changelog

Discussion in 'MineCraft' started by Floris, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    June 9th, 2017:

- Updated a few plugins for better 1.12 support.

- Restarted the server a few times for configuration tweaking reasons.

- Enabled the 1MB 2.4 "menu".
    Note: This is a nether-star that should appear in your inventory.

2. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    June 10th, 2017:

- Shut the server down for maintenance.

- Backed up the data files and plugins that worked fine with 1.12.

- Build a new and custom Spigot jar to fix some obvious 1.12 issues.

- Upgraded most plugins that had updates for better 1.12 support.

- Fixed some of our custom plugins to better support 1.12.

- The /market still does not work, but I hope to do a promising test this weekend.

- Replaced my MOTD plugin with a new one for more feature support. (1MB 2.4 features)

- Enabled the Nether-star in inventory menu for everybody, and fixed a few little issues with the menu.

- Added an admin only option to 'fix' the nether-star for a player remotely if it went missing or gets broken.

- Added the /menu command to the 1MB 2.4 server to manually open the menu (can be used by players)

- Made some internal updates to the forum thread where I keep track of all the plugins and config files, etc that we use.

- Checked all the public beta testing of the -live- server running on 1.12, and it is looking very promising.
    Note: What I mean to say is: We might keep this, I see no reason to shutdown and roll back to 1.11.2 (yay)

- World Border is set to a massive 15,000 in /general, and will disappear when we move to the new system.
    Note: The new system is with UPS right now, 4,2 Ghz i7 Kaby Lake CPU with Raedon 580 8GB GPU, 1 TB SSD and should arrive some time this week, we can go 'live' with it early July or maybe even late June.

- The server has been running smoothly on 1MB version 2.4, we are not going to roll back to 1MB version 2.3.
    Note: 1.12 support and the new features (even if they are not turned on, .. ) appears to be very stable.
    Note: This means: We will have lots of fun features to add this Summer, and some great Events coming!

- 1MB 2.4 l00t b0x3s and custom 'secret things' is running okay on 1.12, unique items introduced into the game.
    Note: More about 1MB l00t in a separate thread later.

Note: Special mention for Jesseva69 for winning the race to be the first to find a Mansion in the /general world. Enjoy your l00t.

- Created a /warp Mansion for everybody to visit (owned by Jesseva69).

- Started the server back up.

3. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    June 13th 2017:

- Shut the server down for a big scheduled maintenance backup thing.

- Build a new nightly of Spigot 1.12 to fix bugs.

- Installed a few new features (limited to operators) for testing on the -live- server.

- Updating the /menu (nether star in inventory) soon with some tweaks.

- Did some more work on the rebuilding of the 1MB Skyblock server (this time it won't be whitelisted).

- Configured the Admin Tools that we use for plugin control and other behind the scenes coolness.

- The World Achievements plugin has received an update, adapting better to 1.12

- The 1MB 2.4 mcMMO way of showing statistics for mcMMO features has been turned on.

- Added /spawners to the /menu - players can buy (certain) spawners.

- The plugin showing in the chat what you are holding in your hand is back. More about that in a separate thread.

- The Personal Protection plugin that lets you lock your doors and chests will soon receive the 1MB 2.4 update, including allowing you to auto protect certain items like item frames.

- The Anti Cheat plugins have been updated to better support 1.12.

- The World Editing script is now async supported, allowing us to do massive customizations.

- The Hunting feature has had an update, check /mh achievements to catch them all.

- Anti Abuse plugins have been installed or have received an update. If you're a legit player and have issues connecting to our servers, please contact me.

- The World Guarding plugins have been updated to better support 1.12, and to work better with other 1.12 plugins that depend on it. (Also fixes a memory leak).

- The server has been started again.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  4. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    June 17th, 2017:

- Restarted the server with a new Spigot build to improve stability.

- Updated the Essential plugins group.

- The 1MB Spawners now has option for operators to buy Parrot spawner.

- The /market has a 1.12 'beta' version I am trying.

- Internal Admin/Operator tools have been upgraded.

- World Protection plugins have been updated.

- Few tweaks here and there to configuration files.

- More world chunks have been pre-rendered to improve flying goodness.

- Preparations for the switch to the new hardware have been made.

- Preparations for the first Summer Event have been made.

- Posted a public announcement about the 1MB version 2.4 upgrade.

5. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    June 19th, 2017:

- Shut the 1MB server down for maintenance.

- Build a new nightly Spigot and custom patched it again.

- Pruned some log files from years ago to clean things up.

- Removed old plugins we will never use again from the archive.

- Upgraded the Admin / Operator tools to their nightly builds.

- Updated some smaller plugins for better 1.12 support.

- Updated some bigger plugins to fix reported 1.12 issues.

- Added the Illusioner spawner to the 1MB Spawners shop.

- Making further preparations for the Summer Events.

- 1MB 2.4 now supports clients from 1.9 and up to connect to the 1.12 server.
    Note: We strongly recommend using 1.12 and 1.9 support will be dropped in a few months.

- Better async support for 1.12 added to improve multi world performance. (less lag with more people online)

- Java 8 64bit development kit installed on the new system in a sandbox setup in preparation for the big move.

- Hunting for mobs and the hunting grounds have been slightly tweaked.
    Note: To play, type: /hunting

- Sitting on chairs has been slightly improved to perform better.

- Armor Stands can be used by most ranks now. (hint: use a flint)

- The /market seems to be working well, but it's still a beta.
    Note: I've started preparing to work on the 1MB 2.4 /market (aiming for end of July)

- Updated more threads on the forums to be more up to date with the new 1.12 / 2017 information.

- Banned a few players who've been caught stealing, griefing, or cheating one way or another.
    Note: Griefed items have been restored, stolen items have been return.

- Player head support added to all groups. If you go to /hunting you might find that pvp is turned on.

- Mob heads drop quite frequently on angry and friendly mobs in the /general world now.

- The server has been started again.

6. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    June 20th, 2017:

- Restarted the server

- Another 1MB 2.4 feature has been enabled.
    Note: Catch all those 1.12 advancements!

- Beta testing another 1MB 2.4 feature.
    Note: Rewards for active players.

- Updated a few plugins for better 1.12 support.

- Removed some debug hooks and cleaned up the way we run things.

- We are working on making the 1MB loot boxes public to all groups

- Small updates to the /spawn world.

7. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    June 21st, 2017:

- Some bigger plugins we use had an official update today, after testing we've upgraded to them.

- Build a new Spigot and added my custom patches to it.

- Restarted the server.

- Cleaned up some of the implementations from yesterday.

8. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    June 24th, 2017:

- A big Iron Golem is now hiding at /spawn to celebrate 1.12 being 'stable'

- We now consider 1MB 2.4 with Minecraft/Spigot 1.12 to run -stable-

- Unstable features have not yet been announced, but are being tested.

- Tomorrow a -test- and -dev- server will be created.

- Spigot nightly build has been made and some custom patches are no longer needed.

- Our 'core' plugins have all been updated to their latest version.

- Some maintenance to configuration files have been completed.

- The server has been restarted (which we always do when nobody is online).

9. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    June 27th, 2017:

- Finished the last phase of the GUI development that I started last December 2016. We have a working version now that I can expand on semi easily.

- Added todays build of the Spigot 1.12 server to our -live- setup and our -skyblock- test server.

- Double checked our plugins with 1.12, it seems their core functionality is working just fine.

- Updated the 1MB-scripts.sh files to drop support for versions prior to 1.12 and updated them to put focus on 1.12 only.

- Updated some of the outdated website content to better fit 1.12 and 2017.

- Updated some of the .txt files that the Minecraft server uses. Like /motd, or /rules, /help, and some others.

- Still trying to find a unified solution for the 1MB economy, we currently have a plugin handler and an economy plugin, both using our /market. I rather have things more unified.

- Preparing the Protection Plugin to allow locking of items to be updated and auto lock certain (trap)doors and expand it to support locking of item frames, banners, paintings, etc.

- Removed 99,9% of all the plugins that do not properly support the UUID conversions from previous MC 1.1x versions, and/or replaced them with a more modern and more lightweight solution.

- mcMMO bugs have been fixed and better 1.12 support has been added. Some 'cheats' are now blocked, and more honest gameplay is better rewarded. The /mcstats will also have a nicer interface, as well as hover-over details. Go check it out.

- Sphax PureBDcraft (bdcraft.net) support added to 1MB 2.4, enjoy using a pretty texture pack in Minecraft 1.12 ~ we fully support it.

- Optifine for 1.12 support added to 1MB 2.4, enjoy maxing out your beast of a machine, or tweak your old dog of a windows box to still work with our server.

- 1MB 2.4 has been updated to better support 1.1x clients on java 7 to still be able to connect to us. Parrots show as bats, and concrete blocks/powder show as clay/wool blocks, etc. Note: we strongly recommend you still connect with a java8 Minecraft 1.12 vanilla client.

- All the secret 1MB custom plugins have been unified from whatever the amount was to less than a handful. It's running silky smooth on 1MB 2.4 right now. We're ready now to have ranks, groups, kits, warps, etc all tweaked to perfection (#soon)

- Before I forget: I've restarted the server when nobody was online.

- Updated the Essential plugins to their latest nightly builds.

- Updated the Admin toolbox to the latest stable.

- Updated the Operator tools to a newer version.

- Found the reason for 2 plugins to add 7 extra seconds to the loading time of the server when we start it, fixed one. And talking to the developer about the other. Restart was fast, it's faster now.

- Upgraded the World Protection plugins to their latest version and we're going to (very very soon) be testing the ability to give players options to buy their own protected land.

- Our Async toolbox has been upgraded to the nightly builds.

- Cleaned up the 1MB MC folders in preparation of the monthly manual backup.

- Poked a zombie in his rotting brain and he never even noticed.

- Cleaned up a few old log files and player data.

- Removed the option to roll-back to any 1.x release (1MB 1.x)

- Removed the option to roll-back to any 1.1x release (1MB 2.x)
    Note: with the exception of 1.12 obviously for 1MB 2.4)

- Double checked all the spawn points for each world. Making sure nobody ends up in the void or something. Just in case!

- Talking to a few developers about their plugins and we're all excited what we can potentially offer this Fall season!

- Preparing to rename the -live- server to -survival-, with the introduction of -events- and -skyblock- and -pvp- etc.

- Preparing to create a new sandbox for the upcoming private dev- server and whitelisted -test- server.

- Created some custom plugins for security audits and started phase 1 of auditing player, team, and plugin accounts.

- Installed the NPC controller plugin, looking forward offering some unique cool things to active and regular players who can afford it.

- The Item plugin has been updated, I will make a video in the near future.

- Tweaked the Anti-cheat plugins to lower the false positives during lag spikes.

- At the end of December we had Skygrid turned on as an event. This was awesome. We had a world for 1.11, and we have started the event again, but I will also soon build a 1.12 world and make some new challenges. Stay tuned! (We probably will keep the plugin running if people keep using it)

- It's been six months since we've really cleaned up some old user data and other log files that are now obsolete. Pruning will happen automatically on each daily startup.

- We're almost done prepping for the race/jobs/perks Summer update. There's a lot to do! So we appreciate the patience. I am still aiming to update or introduce or unlock something 'new' from 1MB 2.4, and I am on track, but the bigger stuff just needs a big more time. Still on track for early July.

- The Achievements (command: /achievements) will better support and reward for advancements as well, so get those advancements, it will do it automatically in the background.

- Eh, that's enough for today, I want to login and build a storage room. See you guys online soon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    July 3rd, 2017:

- Shut the server down.

- Did a manual backup of the -live- server to the offline backup.

- Moved the server to the new system.

- Test the new setup and run it live again.

- System move complete.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  11. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    July 4th 2017:

- Grabbed a new Buildtools and Spigot source

- Compiled a new Buildtools build.

- Compiled a new Spigot build.

- Updated the 'new' system 1MB-*.sh scripts to work smoother with the new computer system.

- Backed up the data folder and working version of the plugins that I updated.

- Grabbed the latest builds of the plugins:
    Note: mcMMO plugins, Multiple World plugins, World Building and World Protection plugins, Server Essentials plugins, Anti Cheat plugins, Skygrid and some other world plugins, Admin/Operator tools plugins, Player/Item Protection plugins, WorldBorder plugins, the Item in Hand plugin, Achievements plugins, Market plugins, Chairs and Armour Stands plugins, and a few more.

- And upgraded them after a quick review and testing.

- Played hide and seek in a shulkerbox with an enderman in the /end

- Restarted the 1MB server.

12. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    July 7th 2017:

- Restarted the server

- Backed up the data folder and working version of the plugins that I updated.

Note: Multiple World plugins, Custom Items Protection plugins, some of the Essentials GUI plugins, The ranks/groups plugins, the economy /money plugins, the Hunting Grounds plugins, the aSync plugins, the 1MB list/protocols plugins, the 1MB /menu plugins, secret-feature plugins, and a few more.

- Flew around hanging below a blaze in the /nether

13. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    July 8th 2017:

- The new spawn for /sanctuary has been made live. Enjoy.
    Note: Live streamed it to Twitch tv. Went well, next time I will announce it.

- Restarted the server with a new Spigot build.

14. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    July 9th, 2017:

- Restarted the server.

- Build a new Spigot nightly.

- Updated the internal list of where I track which plugins we use, etc.

- Backed up page 3 of the list of plugins we use.
    Note: And finished the manual backups!

- The /end now has a long bridge to the outer islands.

- The /hunting grounds has some new flying ships and there are a few more updates.

Note: Internal Owner plugins, some of the /menu plugins have had an update, NPC plugins, Bonus plugins, Bad People plugins, and a few more.

15. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    July 13th, 2017:

- Upgraded the /market to fix a null bug.

- Restarted the server.

16. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    July 16th, 2017:

- Fixed a few user reported issues.

- Cleaned up some log files.

- Upgraded all the plugins to their latest version (after testing).

- Backed the server up to an external drive.

- Started the server back up again.

17. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    July 24th, 2017:

- Restarted the server to fix the Spigot 1.12 duplication glitch.

18. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    July 29th, 2017:

- Shut the server down for maintenance when there was nobody online.

- Build a new nightly of Spigot.

- Improved dupe exploit protection from Mojang's silly bug in 1.12

- Prepared for 1.12.1 upgrade.

- Updated all the plugins to their latest stable.

- Fixed a few user reported issues (but unfortn. not all)

- Backed up the server to the external drive manually (as an extra backup).

- Synced backups (per change) on the same disk are automatically handled now by the OS.

- Synced backups are automatically confirmed and hourly/daily/weekly/monthly moved to external SSD drive.

- Server started again.

19. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    August 4th, 2017:

- Shut the 1MB network down.

- Backed up the network to Time Machine.

- Backed up the 1MB folder manually to the offline backup drive.

- Grabbed the latest nightly builds of all the plugins, assuming updates for 1.12.1.

- Prepared a Spigot 1.12.1 build and apply some custom patches to it.

- Created a new -dev- server and run it on 1MB 2.4 with 1.12.1 support.

- Updated the success to the -test- server.

- Created a new(er) -dev- server with updated 1MB build and the 1.12.1 plugins.

- Updated the success to the -test- server.

- Private tested the upgrade, everything appeared to be okay.

- The /market is temporarily removed from all servers.

- The -test- server stable results have been moved to the -live- servers.

- The 1MB network has been turned back on-line again.

- Yep, we're on 1.12.1, you will need a 1.12.1 vanilla client to connect.

If you notice any issues, please don't hesitate to contact me.
    If we find any big issues, or showstoppers, we will roll back to 1.12.

20. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    August 7th, 2017:

- Second phase of public beta testing of the 1MB Skyblock server has started.
    Note: Yep, we're looking for players to try it out :) 1moreblock.com:45565

- The 1.12.1 public beta test of 1MB Survival server has completed.
    Note: This means I am happy enough with it, we're sticking to it.

21. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    August 12th, 2017:

- Restarted the servers.

- Build new Spigot builds.

- Upgraded some plugins to fix 1.12.1 issues.

- Main Survival Server : 1moreblock.com:255565

- Skyblock Survival Server : 1moreblock.com:45565 (beta)

22. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    August 13th, 2017:

- Restarted the servers to fix a few reported bugs.

- Third phase of 1MB Skyblock beta is live.
    Note: Still looking for testers

- Upgraded /market and enabled it on Skyblock and Survival.

23. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    August 27th, 2017:

- Shut the servers down on the network for maintenance.

- Made a manual backup of the 1MB network to offsite backup drive.

- Forced an automatic backup of the system to secondary offsite backup drive.

- Build a new Spigot and patched it for 1MB 2.4.x support.

- Grabbed newer builds of the plugins we're using and upgraded/updated them.

- Fixed a few issues with some of the plugins after testing.

- Turned the servers back online.

Enjoy killing zombies!

24. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    September 4th, 2017:

- Build a new 1MB version 2.4 release.

- Dropped support for older versions of Minecraft .
    Note: We strongly recommend to connect use a Vanilla 1.12.1 client.
    Note: You can no longer connect with 1.7, 1.8, 1.9, or 1.10 clients.

- Upgraded our Essentials plugins.

- Updated the mcMMO features.

- Cleared some old log files and cleaned up some user data.

- Improved start-up time.

- Restarted the servers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.