Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Connect today Guest, to explore, mine, build and survive.
    1MB is a public, family-friendly #minecraft survival server, version 1.13.2.
    We're small, but have a friendly face. Invite your friends and come play!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market,
    Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more.

Minecraft Changelog

Discussion in 'MineCraft' started by Floris, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    It's a new year, it's time to archive the old thread, and start fresh.

- The changelog thread for 2018 has been archived here:
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/261256/

- Annnnd this is the start of the new 2019 changelog thread.
    Note: Subscribe to it to stay up to date on server changes!
    Screenshot 2019-01-01 at 11.31.45.png

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  2. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 1st, 2019:

- Happy New Year everybody, I hope you're all going to have a fantastic -and healthy- 2019. Have fun on the server.

- New year, new rules. Or rather, an update to our rules.
    Note: Upon login you will be informed that our /rules have changed.
    Note: Detailed set of rules: https://omgboards.com/threads/260946/

- Sleeping at night will speed up time again.

- A bug with the '1MB Horse' feature has been fixed.

- The server has been restarted to let maintenance changes go into effect.

- Moved the "/warp herb" to the new farming/harvesting area owned by Tidaldawn.
    Note: Nice community project, thanks Tidal and Cilia for working together on this!
    Note: There's currently cocoa, netherwart, wheat levels, and a dozen levels of sugar cane.

- MVP Voter for 2018 is Vloop with 275 votes for the server.
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/261538/

- MVP mcMMO for 2018 is Macadam with a power level of 8221.
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/261539/

- MVP Jobs for 2018 is TidalDawn with a global stats for jobs of 156.
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/261540/

- The '1MB Run' version 0.0.3 is live now, no big changes. Just colors! (maybe)

- Made some minor changes to the Server List messages.
    Note: Add our server to your server list please <3

- The border has been expanded for the /end world.
    Note: was 5000, is now 5250.
    Note: The chunks have successfully been pre-generated.

- The border has been expanded for the /nether world.

- The border has been expanded for the /mine world.

- The '1MB Core' feature set has received some updates.

- To connect to 1moreblock.com:25565, players now require to use the vanilla Minecraft version 1.13.2, connecting with 1.7<->1.13.1 is no longer possible.

- The first preparations towards fun events in 2019 has been made.

- Work on the '2019 spawn' has started.
    Note: At some point in January we will start inviting players to help with spawn building. This year it will be a community effort.

- The content on the www.1moreblock.com (OMG Sub-forum) forums has been glanced over. Most outdated threads have been locked and archived, or I've made some slight changes to working, dates, etc. One of our goals for 2019 is to try and better document and explains features to players.

- The Discord #events channel will be refreshed soon to clean up for 2019.

- Made some minor changes to the Groups / Ranks thread.
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/260941/

- Moved '1MB Events' threads on the forums to our Archive.
    Note: Let's start clean for 2019 shall we? Ready for new events?

- The '1MB Perks' feature has been updated.

- Holiday Season Event has officially ended now that it's the new year. If you have a custom Christmas Tree you grew using the Crystal, you can now break it down by breaking a log twice. It will break and all the items will end up in a chest. This chest is unlocked. On January the 7th, all the Holiday Season Event plugins will be uninstalled and certain gifts, items, etc will be unobtainable. We are now in a grace-period.

- The 1MB version number has been updated from 2.6.1 to 2.6.2 internally to tell the story of what we've so far, and to welcome the new year.
    Note: More information about our version history can be found here: https://omgboards.com/threads/260949/

- The '1MB Logs' for 2018 have been archived together with the 1.12.2 logs and will be reviewed tomorrow for a manual purge.
    Note: The 2019 logs are on the -live- server and I hopefully have the time to frequently review/archive/purchase these.

- The automatic '1MB Backup' features have been reviewed and will be adjusted to be more efficient in 2019.

- A manual '1MB Backup' has been made and moved offsite/offline for protection.

- Today and tomorrow we will review the backup archives and purge some backups from pre-2018.

- The '1MB Capture' feature had an update, each group has received access to one more mob.
    Note: For details, please read: https://omgboards.com/threads/1mb-capture-feature.261542/

By the way, did you know you can get unique OP items by voting 64 times on a site? Try to get 64 votes for the gold-vote token for example, and you can get something pretty cool! Type /vote in-game to get started.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  3. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 2nd, 2019:

Oof, the second day of the year already, it feels like 2020 is right around the corner at this speed. Haha. Let's take it slow 2019, I have a lot to do. Welcome back online everybody, it was fun playing last night!

- Restarted the server to make some changes go into effect.

- Updated the -dev- server to 2.6.2 and preparing it for the 2.6.3 update.
    Note: Some of the bigger plugins all depend on each other, and their changes are quite big. Additionally we have some new things we're working on that have to work well with that handful of plugins. This will keep me busy! lol

- Updated the -test- server to 2.6.2 for more immediate update testing.
    Note: This way we can leave the -live- server running longer, while making more intrusive improvements and bug fixes first in a test environment.

- Updated the '1MB Decoration' feature to fix some permission issues.

- Fixed the shearing issue with sheep at /warp shops finally.

- Enabled /rtp for the /nether
    Note: You will run into a lot of "unable to find a safe space", personally I think it should find it, I've complained to the author of this plugin. It's partially because of the massive amounts of lava of course.

- Disabled 'dont move!' when using /rtp, you can move, it will no longer cancel the rtp.

- Changed the sounds and messages for the /rtp.

Maybe a video will demonstrate things a bit more clearly about our new fun 1MB teleporting machine. :)

View: https://youtu.be/0_pL7wJfEJc

- The '1MB Horse' feature had a tiny update to help sort out stray horses.
    Note: If the horse is no longer valid, the system will look through the world again to try and find it.

Note: was 5250, is now 5500.

- The border has been expanded for the /end world.

- We received a kind donation from cassie24 - Thank you!
    Note: Thank you sooo much, really awesome of you.

- Updated the donation information to make it easier to find and learn about.
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/261543/
    Note: In-game you can type: /donate

- Converted broken container protections from way WAY Way before.
    Note: This should cause less PLAYER_INTERACT errors when trying to open old old chests.
    Note: I wrote a shell script to do this, I might release it on scripts.1moreblock.com at some point.

- Archived some obsolete directories from the /plugins/ directory from 1.12.2 plugins we no longer use, or plugins we've moved away from.

- Updated the '1MB Fireworks' feature.
    Note: Paintings and ArmorStands are no longer affected by the Entity Rocket-Effect.

- Updated the '1MB Vote' feature.
    Note: Bug fixes, performance fixes.

- Updated the '1MB Beta/Dev/Builders' sub-forum.
    Note: Cleaned up some threads, updated some threads, archived some threads.
    Note: Most outdated or completed discussions will be archived before the 7th.
    Note: We're always looking for quality builders, friendly developers, and early-access beta testers. If you're interested and patient enough for me to finally have time for something once in a while. Feel free to contact me.

- Purged some 100+ weeks old '1MB Protection' data to help keep the database size small (helps with backups and performance).
    Note: If within 100+ weeks no grief on a block is reported, I think it's ok to move on.

- Fixed a tiny issue with /tpa (deny)
    Note: Players can properly click [deny] or type: /tpdeny again.

- Cleaned up some '1MB Permissions' values, removing duplicates, etc.
    Note: We had some outdated permissions from plugins we no longer use (removed those)
    Note: We had some duplicate entries, causing unexpected behavior (cleaned that up)
    Note: We had a couple of missing permissions (added those)
    Note: And I've better organized the list (hopefully without error)
    Note: This is limited to the default group, tomorrow I might do the Builders group (but these changes are in effect for all groups as other groups inherit these)
    Note: If you have problems with commands, contact mrfloris!

- Cleaned / purged the '1MB Bans' list. (2nd chance)
    Note: Once a year or so I remove some light-offenders and they are free to re-join with a second chance. Their account is automatically flagged and reviewed daily.
    Note: Removed 25% of the bans.
    Note: Flagged 70 accounts 'to keep forever'.
    Note: We are a family-friendly, no-cheat, no-grief community. The game isn't that hard, and using common sense and a smile, isn't that difficult either. I want friendly players that can play-fair. Everybody else simply gets blocked if they break the rules. And 9 out of 10 times these are perm bans. Sorry. If you believe you've been incorrectly banned and would love to play within the rules, feel free to contact me and we can discuss it.

- Worked on preparing for the 2019 mcMMO events.
    Note: More information about this years schedule: https://omgboards.com/threads/monthly-mcmmo-events.261544/

- First mcMMO event for 2019 will be the 5th of January, for just one skill, please see the thread I just linked above.
    Note: January 5th, the skill will be: Alchemy

- Fixed a tiny typo with the "welcomed" messages.
    Note: Thanks for reporting ST4TiK!

- Organized a bunch of files from previous 1.12.2 tests that we have either implemented, or no longer need. And archived this manually to our backups.

- Went through the beta-forum responses and beta-discord channel and processed some feedback, I also went through /mail and some private msgs on the forums and followed up on the suggestions etc. All up to date on these as well now.

- Started cleaning up the 2018 content in the minecraft 'staff' forums.
    Note: Way too much haha. aRgh! this will take me a few days.

Okay, that's it for today, anything that was changed between now and yesterday's changelog has been added to yesterday's post above this one.

Did you know we have warps? And a bunch of broken ones :(
    Type: /warps, and help me find them? Let me know on discord pls!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  4. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 3rd, 2019:

- Restarted the server so the updates take effect.

- Moving things in and out of chests will show visually again.
    Note: This is like the Minecraft Storytime effect

- The '1MB Hunting' feature has been updated to drop heads with a much lower chance.
    Note: Unlike 2018 where we've been generous, in 2019 heads will drop less.

- Added '1MB Protection' documentation for (un)locking containers and such.
    Note: This is about locking and unlocking trapdoors, shulker boxes, chests, doors, etc.
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/261546/

Note: was 5250, is now 5750.

- Updated the '1MB Chat' feature a tiny bit. The hover-over effect properly breaks to a new line (looks nicer, bug is fixed finally)

- Reminder: January 5th, mcMMO event for just one skill. Monthly event.
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/261544/

- Received a personal gift donation from player Vloop, thank you sooooo much.
    Note: You have chosen (like cassie yesterday) to appear blue on discord and in the game. This should be sorted out now.
    Note: If others wish to donate, please read this thread:
    https://omgboards.com/threads/261543/

- The default max-players has been raised from 18 to 20.

- Removed "Happy new year" from the on-join message. (motd)
    Note: Players can at any time type: /motd to get the latest one.

- The '1MB Horse' feature has received a tiny tweak. Horses don't forcefully stable when you quit the game.

- Cleaned up some '1MB Permissions' values, removing duplicates, etc.
    Note: We had some outdated permissions from plugins we no longer use (removed those)
    Note: We had some duplicate entries, causing unexpected behavior (cleaned that up)
    Note: We had a couple of missing permissions (added those)
    Note: And I've better organized the list (hopefully without error)
    Note: This is limited to the builder and donator group, tomorrow I might do the team groups (but these changes are in effect for all groups as other groups inherit these)
    Note: If you have problems with commands, contact mrfloris!

- Added '/twitch' command.

- Updated a couple of '1MB Sell' worth values.
    Note: Doing a couple each day, this will be a slow process.

- Fixed an update with the '1MB Sell' worth block at /warp shops, should work again.

- Made further preparations for the next 12 months of mcMMO events.
    Note: We have some fun things coming, starting this weekend.

- Any changes made between yesterdays and todays changelog have been added to yesterdays changelog. Maybe glance over it one more time?

Whew, I do not have a lot of time today, IRL obligations! But I voted, played, live-streamed to /twitch, and worked on the server.

Have you posted a video about our server on your youtube channel yet? Maybe live-streamed to twitch or youtube about your gameplay on our server? Let us know!

5. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 4th, 2019:

Oof, I only got through a third of what I wanted to do today, but look at this list! You can't say I don't put an effort in. :)

- Tweaked some anti-cheating settings to be more strict. We're noticing an increase in 'certain' timings and events, and we will put more effort into auto-identifying players that do not play fair.

- Restarted the server so the updates take effect.

- Blocked /back to /run once you're out of the game.

- Some changes to the server since yesterday's changelog and what I post below this line, have been added to yesterday's log, just so you know.

Note: was 5750, is now 6000.

Note: was 5500, is now 5750.

- Moved the structure of the server folders, files, scripts, etc around a little bit to improve managing the live version, the developer version, and the test version. Nothing that you guys will notice in-game, but it really helps me.

- Updated my internal shell script 1MB-Buildtools.sh with focus on 1.13.2.

- Updated some of our website information that was out of date. Created new content this week. And asked some people to take a look to help find some obvious issues (btw, if you run into anything on our server or website, just contact me).

- Went through the .txt files that some plugins are using to display information about the server to the player. Making sure it doesn't say MC 1.8, but Minecraft 1.13.2 for example.

- Updated the /motd again to fix a tiny typo.

- Reviewed quickly the current permissions for handling armor stands, and while we are open to some changes to add flexibility and creativity, right now we're going to keep it as it is. Might change in the near future.

- Made some tiny changes to the configuration file of the '1MB Market' feature (/market). Hopefully things go a bit smoother now.

- All staff tools have been updated to 1MB version 2.6.2 and Minecraft 1.13.2, this should solve a few issues with some staff members having problems managing players and helping out. I will work on consistency next so it's less confusing to players what happens visually on the screen.

- Fixed a camera glitch with elytra yesterday
    Note: Thanks ST4TiK for reporting.

- Quickly reviewed the current AFK situation on the server as it has been a few years. I do not believe in kicking players for being AFK. We might re-introduce the automatically-go-afk after x-time in the near future.

- We now properly support PureBDCraft Resource pack for Minecraft 1.13.2
    Note: https://bdcraft.net/downloads/purebdcraft-minecraft/

- We now properly support Optifine E5 and higher for Minecraft 1.13.2
    Note: https://optifine.net/downloads

- mcMMO is being reviewed as there are some changes in the mcMMO world. Which path shall we take? Once the owners have an opinion, we will talk to some staff members, then listen to the opinion of some beta testers later this month. We will see what we want and do not want, and decide whether it's worth to take a new path or stick to the old.

- Some changes to some network shell scripts have been made as well, hopefully this increases performance and has less effect on lag on the server while we're syncing certain data. (This also means we no longer have to announce network syncing when it happens)

- Reviewed the /mine world settings quickly. Made minor adjustments. Ha, get it.

- Considering 1MB version 2.6.2 as 'stable', we're removing the options to roll-back to 1MB 2.5 or even earlier.

- Live-streamed to Twitch for a while to build something small and fun at some random location in the world. I love making little cosy builds like these! Did you sub and not miss out? Oh, maybe you were asleep.

- Cleaned up a few old log files and player data from way way back in the day. I made sure these players haven't been on for 4+ years.

- Cleaned up some old log files and player data from waaay back from players that have been banned 2+ years ago (and haven't tried to reconnect).
    Note: Incidentally this also means a couple of players are now unbanned, welcome back maybe? Hopefully since time has moved on so have you with your rule-breaking behavior?

- Restructured a couple of things so we can spit out their results to the chat with better prefixes and more consistency.

- Spoken with a few developers about future feature improvements, looking promising.

- Made sure the -test- and -dev- servers use the latest worlds and player-data, etc. This allows me to get a more realistic feel of how tested plugins behave against proper player data.

- Did a final quick glance-over of the permissions for the default, builders, donator group. And without any issues being reported back, I am checking this todo item off and moving on to the next stage.

- Made changes to the workflow on handling long-term and short-term permissions for various groups. And started reviewing the permissions for other groups such as builderS (yes, with an s) and beta, team, helper, etc.

- It does not look like Skygrid plugin will get an update for 1.13.2 any time soon. We will start removing references to it and commands, and all that stuff. (cleaning up)

- Still looking into finding a workable solution for adding a Skyblock world as an extra gamemode to the server.

- As pointed out by Paprikaatje (thanks for reporting) there are some 'ghost' NPCs in the worlds, and probably from some older removed worlds. These have to get reviewed and deleted (or updated). I've done some of this, and will try to find a way to automate this in the future.

- Phase 3 of 3 of GUI development has completely finished. It's running as stable as I will get it I guess, and the tools are as flexible as the developers allow them to be. This is being used for the /menu, /warps, upcoming /kits, and many other things. I've mentioned this for 1.12 and 1.13 before, but it's a new year and it's time to sort this big task out for the long run.

- Looking for a spawn builder. The end uses the end-city, this will do for now. But the 'spawn' of /nether is a joke of course. Since we're very likely to stick with this world until 1.14, it would be nice to have a small spawn that's custom. Anybody interested? Contact me.

- Found a plugin I thought we were using, but clearly are not. It's not updated to 1.13 either and disables when we start it. You kind sir, are now trashed.. I mean, archived, but removed. Thankfully we don't really need this one.

I woke up with a terrible headache, and I think I have done enough for one day. I will rest, so I can focus on starting the 24 hour long skill-event for the mcMMO event I announced the other day.

Have you set up a brewing room yet to grind Alchemy? Invite me to come take a look, I am curious! I love new builds.

• Love it Love it x 1
    • Awesome Awesome x 1
  6. OCQueen101

OCQueen101 Meme Queen

Threads:
    Ye brewinggggg

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 5th, 2019:

Today's changelog is a bit earlier than the last few weeks, but I've already done quite a bit and I didn't want to forget. Additionally I will be sort of busy on Saturday, so I rather do some maintenance now. Anyway! Here we go:

- Started the server up a couple of times, unscheduled, because we needed to hot-fix a couple of bugs, and prepare for the mcMMO event.

- Started the January mcMMO Event (2x Alchemy).

- Added a new Diamond-Pick icon to the /menu (nether-star in inventory) that shows you mcMMO Event information
    Note: Click on it! You will either be told there's no event,
    Note: or there is one, you can then hover over the diamond to see details about the active event(s).

Screenshot 2019-01-04 at 21.44.47.png

- Added a new Recipe for Name Tag
    Note: Thanks Diamondpuppy808 and Vloop for the suggestions.
    Note: Diagonal with paper, ink and a string.
    Note: screenshot:
    Screenshot 2019-01-05 at 02.01.39.png

- Went through the /nether world settings and the /end world settings and made some minor changes (like I did to /mine yesterday).

- Shutdown the server for maintenance for five minutes (edit: twice! blah! sorry!)

- Backed up the -live- server to offline backup drive manually.
    Note: Automatic backups are still doing their magic. This is just an extra precautionary step.

- Started the server up again of course.

- Fine-tuned the changes I've made to the anti-cheat event checks, so we have less false-positives and still find more naughty-players.

- Made some changes to the Java 11 that we're running to hopefully improve performance and put less stress on the drive during peak hours.

- Manually reviewed some player accounts to double check the spike in achievements they've created were achieved correctly. They were! Nice work!
    Note: No naughty players found, nobody got banned yay!

- Build a new BuildTools and Spigot build for 1.13.2 + 1MB 2.6.2 patches.
    Note: We're not using the latest builds on the -live- server yet #soon

- Started some documentation about our /fish feature
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/are-you-a-fisherman.261548/

- Updated the worth of Diamonds and Iron, after the weekend I will try to work on Gold and Emeralds. If you have any suggestions of complaints, please do contact me. The goal of 2019 is to balance our economy. Prices will change once in a while.

- Removed access to a few economy commands, like /payconfirmtoggle since we no longer use these.

- Merged minor changes from the -test- server with the -live- server.

- Merged minor changes from the -dev- server with the -test- server (and testing starts all over again)

- Removed a few permissions for features that operators shouldn't have access to.

- Note, we're not hiding what plugins we're using, we're just not advertising it. Players however that go out of their way to review what we're using are in our experience usually players that try to find ways to do things they shouldn't. We automatically flag these accounts and give them priority when we review players. Play fair. Don't ruin a good thing.

- Fixed an internal issue with a 'new' reference, tomorrow's restart should address this for all commands.
    Note: Instances where we create something new called new, causing conflicts.

- Updated /rate command that we use for mcMMO rate checks, to use the new system.

- ilujf spotted a lag spike doing certain actions. Memory leak detected and fixed. Hopefully this particular event no longer causes a lag spike. Sorry about that. 1.13 and all.. it's so buggy.

- Will not be doing any maintenance that might potentially take a hit on the performance of the game, because we have an event. So no world border expansion or chunk generation today, no big copy pasting of 1.12 into 1.13 and converts etc, we will pick this up on Sunday again or after the weekend.

Whoo, that's it for now, have a lovely weekend and don't forget to hug a creeper!

Did you know you can type: /colors in the game? Just a handy guide.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  8. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 6th, 2019:

- Reminder! Last day to break down the personal christmas tree, to get your items back that you've used to make it. Tomorrow I will uninstall all December holiday season plugins and it will turn into a 'regular' spruce tree.

- Reminder! Last day to go to /spawn christmas tree and get your chest content before the chunks reset for the Winter. As the plugins for the holiday season will get uninstalled on the 7th tomorrow. The grace period to get your gifts after christmas really is over, too late = out of luck.

- Restarted the server to make changes take effect.

- Disabled the January Alchemy mcMMO event.
    Note: Nice levelling everybody! Next one is February.
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/261544/

- Fix for missing feedback messages when trying to teleport to unsafe location is being tested, will be on the -live- server soon.

- Updated the /motd slightly.

- Sorted out /stats and /playtime not working for all players.
    Note: Thanks 1MBNetwork

- Banned a few players that joined earlier this morning, who've been caught stealing, griefing, or cheating one way or another.
    Note: Griefed items have been restored, stolen items have been return.

- Removed some debug hooks and cleaned up the way we run things.

- Cleaned up the /santa spawn area - more Christmas theme stuff has been removed.

- Started work with Vloop on the /nether spawn update. Nothing grande, but it will look better than what we had before haha.

- The '1MB Version 2.6.x' builds have been updated and now no longer any java 7 nonsense anymore. With the upgrade to 2.6.3 and up we will only legacy-support java8 with full focus on java11. (That probably didn't make much sense, but I wanted to write it down for nostalgia anyway)

- Found 2 plugins that added 6 extra seconds to the loading time of the server when we start it, fixed one. And talking to the developer about the other. Restart was fast, it's a little faster now when we restart. The next one is a massive 20 seconds jump on startup fix, but we have to double test this first next week.

- Poked a skeleton on his skinny bones and he never even noticed.

- Double checked all the spawn points for each world. Making sure nobody ends up in the void or something. Just in case!

- Talking to a few developers about their plugins and it seems a lot of old trusty devs are hardly doing anything these days. Support for 1.13 is eh .. questionable. Very sucky for us server owners. Looking for a few alterantives and solutions to solve a couple of our 1.12 to 1.13 upgrade problems.

- Upgraded the -sandbox- environment to better serve a (quick and) safe environment to spawn instances in for the test/dev/clone/beta/etc servers. Including improved support for macOS Mojave

- I still cannot figure out why certain players get kicked for flying when they're lying in bed (sorry Diamondpuppy808). Will try again next week.

- Found out I can make planes, by putting a boat on a bat and then jump into the boat. This might be fun for some events! Probably dangerous though.

Eh, that's enough technical updates for today, I want to login and continue building a storage room. See you guys online soon?

Did you know you can subscribe to my youtube? :O gasp
    https://www.youtube.com/user/MrFloris

9. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 7th, 2019:

- Restarted the server after some maintenance.

- Vloop is the first to get all 64 vote tokens for all 5 vote sites. And has received all five of the OP items. (He decided to exchange the tokens for the tools and not for money).
    Note: Nice work!

- Uninstalled the Holiday Season plugins. The grace period has ended.
    Note: Exchanging books for boxes is no longer possible.
    Note: Obtaining the bonus boxes is no longer possible.
    Note: Getting the named-chest at Santa spawn is no longer possible.
    Note: Getting your items back from the crystal christmas tree is no longer possible.

- Spawn has received a tiny bit of holiday-cleaning since the season is over.

- The /nether spawn has received an update, it's live now.
    Note: Thank you Vloop for helping build and terraform.

- A couple of new '1MB Death' messages have been added.

- Made some minor changes to get rid of some server-startup error-msgs.
    Note: Things like "Don't forget to do this to make that happen", finally did those things. Has no impact on running the server though.

- Performed a bit of maintenance on a handful of player accounts.

- Finally fixed a bug with '1MB Protection' regarding armor stands logging.

Not feeling too great today, so taking it easy on the maintenance.

If you need me, I put a boat on a turtle, and I will be somewhere in an ocean.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  10. Vloop

Vloop aka: Rodolfo

Threads:
    YAAAAY!!!
    The items are reaaally OP! Thanks for them, Floris.
    P.S.: What Floris meant is that I decided to exchange the vote tokens for the tools - I'm not exchanging my tools with anything. 64 days voting, guys... Start moving your bumbums!!!
    :D

[edit: floris] Oops, adjusted.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2019
  11. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 10th, 2019:

- Updated some of our core tools and this includes sounds for certain events.
    Note: You might notice it with /warp and /home commands,
    Note: If you have any suggestions for improved sounds do let me know!

- Restarted the server to address a few small bugs, and have some updates take effect.

- The world borders for the temporary worlds: /mine, /nether, and /end are now all at 6000 x 6000 and all their chunks have been pre-generated.

- The world border for the /mine world has been expanded.
    Note: Was 6000, it's now 6250. When I have time I will expand the /nether and /end as well again.

- Small fix for block hitbox detection

- Improved fix for missing feedback messages when trying to teleport to unsafe location.

- Overall improvements to some 1.13.2 specific features.

- Did some testing for bigger plugin updates since we're a tiny bit behind.
    Note: When I go live with those I will include that in tomorrow's changelog.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  12. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 12th, 2019:

- Re-started the server to free up some memory and have some changes go into effect.

- I've done some minor maintenance to various configuration files to try and tweak performance.

- Adjusted the spawn rate values slightly.

- Made sure the temp worlds /end, /nether and /mine, all have their borders expanded to 6250 x 6250
    Note: Their chunks are all pre-generated.

- Updated a protection plugin to better support 1.13.2

- Worked on some upcoming features behind closed doors.

- Beta tested a far-away future version of mcMMO with Tidal and Vloop (tnx for helping)

- Reviewed a bunch of new-player accounts to make sure nobody was using cheat mods or was griefing.
    Note: Action has been taken if needed.

Explored the world for an hour, then fall asleep in the water, died and lost my gear. So I crawled into bed and called it a day.

13. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 13th, 2019:

- After some testing we're going to stick to not allowing the bed to be used as a home.
    Note: If you have both Home and home under /homes, then go to your home spot, and use /delhome to remove it, then /sethome home again. This should fix it for a handful of users who have it double.

- Made some changes to the vote-sites to perform a tiny itsy bit quicker. Hopefully this helps people on a laggy connection.

- Expanded the borders of the temporary worlds /end, /nether, and /mine to 6500 x 6500 (yay)

- Restarted the server to have changes take effect and improve performance.

- Received a personal-gift donation from player ronaldorekker, thank you so much! Enjoy the blue color on Discord and in-game.
    Note: I mean it, super thank you!

- The '1MB Hunting' feature has a tiny update to the Player Bounty.
    Note: Raised the bounty from between 500 and 5000, to something between 1000 and 9000.
    Note: The chance of getting a bounty on your name has been lowered a bit
    Note: At least 5 players have to be online before a randomly bounty gets picked by the server, after a couple of minutes.

- Updated the '1MB Protection' plugins to spit out less errors in the console (making my life easier, thanks devs who contributed to this!)

- The positive changes from the internal -dev- server have been pushed to the -test- server. Tomorrow we can play with some beta testers on the -test- server to see if everything still works, before pushing these changes to the -live- server.

Today I used chopsticks to eat ramen noodles, what an adventure.
    That reminds me, we should perhaps build an Asian themed village in Minecraft one day.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 14th, 2019:

Tiny Group and mcMMO update today :)

- Updated the Groups Builder and Donator with a couple of mcMMO perks.

Group: 'Builder' receives an additional four seconds endurance perk.
    Group: 'Donator' receives this endurance perk and their cooldown has been quartered.

What does this mean?

If you type /mining, and behind 'super breaker length' it says for example 15 seconds.
    Donator and Builder group players will see in orange 'endurance perk' of 4 additional seconds. Turning that 15 into a total of 19.

The cooldown is only for donators, meaning the period in between for example woodcutting where it says : You are too tired to do this, wait 50 seconds.. This will now be 25% less.

How long we will keep this depends on how well this goes, and if we extend this to other groups in the future depends on how much people are using mcMMO in 2019.

How it looks normally:
    Screenshot 2019-01-14 at 05.31.16.png

How it looks with +4s endurance perk.
    Screenshot 2019-01-14 at 05.31.19.png

- Updated the Spigot engine for Minecraft 1.13.2 that we're using to a newer build.
    Note: Tests have been fine, fingers crossed we won't notice any issues when running it live.
    Note: So much internally has changed, yikes! Tough to test.

- Updated some Essential core plugins that we use for legacy reasons. This version has shown on the -test- server to be working fine, hopefully we will find out running it -live- it performs the same. Scary, to see how much as changed and how difficult this is to test.

- Made changes to the '1MB Aquatic' features like Spear Fishing and such. Less bugs, more yay

- About 37 maintenance/fixes/tweaks to one of the '1MB Core' engines, pushing it very close to 2.6.3.
    Note: Players won't notice much from this, but it helps with stability, performance, etc.

- The '1MB /run' game has been updated.
    Note: Leaderboard added (on level 8).
    Note: No more grouping at 5 seconds (when game starts).
    Note: Few other tweaks.

We have more updates coming to better support 1.13.2 with various bigger features, however I am going to take it one step at a time to hopefully catch issues and avoid any damage from them.

• Love it Love it x 1
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  15. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 15th, 2019;

Less than a week until it's my birthday! WHAT! GARRGHAHhfh #pie

- Restarted the server today to lower the memory footprint and force some changes to take effect.
    Note: Thank you beta testers for helping out earlier by the way.

- Walk the Plank is back!
    Note: Story time.

Last Thanksgiving the Loot ship docked at /warp shops, and players vigilant enough to spot it noticed a mini-game called [Walk The Plank]. The ship sailed out again after the event waiting out the upgrade from 1.12 to 1.13, but it's now back with more loot.

The holiday loot has been replaced by some game-loot equal to the /Run game. And over time we will make changes to both.

Walk the Plank is a game where you walk onto the plank of the ship, until a menu pops up. You can explore the menu to learn about the game, or find your personal stats. Or you can play it!

To play, just walk the plank, click the diamond boots on that menu, and jump from emerald block to emerald block until you fall or leave the area. The higher the score, the better the loot.

All actions ARE logged and reviewed, cheating players who can't play along nicely will get perm-banned. So please don't force me to resort to that. Earn some loot the proper way.

Jacky runs the ship. She will usually be going around the world once she's docked to find dungeons and loot to trade for you. Hence why sometimes the loot you get for a level changes or improves. If she doesn't have enough, you won't get loot paid out. So be nice to Jacky.

Keep an eye out, because when she's there you can perhaps trade one or more loot items from various events with her. They might vary as well.

Can your stats tell you that you're ranked 1 out of everybody? Cool! if not: try again!

The /run game is still there, this walk the plank game is here until Jacky decides to sail off again.

More up to date information can be found here:
    https://omgboards.com/threads/mini-game-walk-the-plank.261555/

- Updated the '1MB Vote' feature to better support 1.13.2.

- Fixed a bunch of little bugs that we found since yesterday.

- Another big update today (part of 2.6.3-beta1) is the new /HOME interface feature.
    Note: /home gives the new interface
    Note: The block in the interface is the block where you stand when you create(d) the home.
    Note: /homes gives the whole clickable list (without the interface)
    Note: Video

View: https://youtu.be/-BjC-6Z_x5s

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  16. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 16th, 2019:

- Expanded the borders to 7000 x 7000 for the worlds: /mine, and /end.
    Note: Their chunks are pre-generated, enjoy!

- Made minor changes to the configuration file of '1MB Fun' feature. Additionally I've created a thread (url below) that lets players report suggestions, problems, and I've added an in-game command: /1mbfun
    Note: A 1MoreBlock Mini-game.&r&b It will ask a question, you answer it correctly to get a chance to win a reward.
    Note: How to play 1MB Fun, report a problem, or suggest a reward: https://omgboards.com/threads/261556/

- Updated the '1MB Core' plugin to 2.6.3-beta1 again, as I am done testing more fixes.

- Updated the '1MB Hunting' feature which should hopefully fix the bag of gold pick-up problem we were having.
    Note: Thanks Vloop and others for reporting!

- Moved changes from the -dev- server that turned out to work great to the -test- server, and we can play with that later today if we're all online and have time.

- Fixed a small issue with the /path/ the server was using. I checked the logs it wasn't an actual issue, but at least now it won't be potentially causing one.

- Due to API of 1.13.2 causing some issues on the back-end for us, the custom player-head in the /menu has been replaced with a default player-head. Minor impact for end-user, helps me loads though.

- Finally was able to fix one of the vote sites who made some changes. All 5 should work again.
    Note: Phew!

The above list might seem like just a few things, but it's been hours of testing, trying, updating, upgrading, configuring and playing around to see what works well, etc. This update is the last 2.6.3 beta 1 update, tomorrow will be the beta 2.

I watched two villagers fight over carrots on farm land, it was like a Minecraft soap opera.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  17. Vloop

Threads:
    January 16th, 2019:

- Read the changelog.

- Thanks Floris for being so awesome.

18. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 18th, 2019:

- Restarted the server to do some emergency maintenance, sorry about that.

- Fixed a serious issue with the '1MB Horse' feature.

- Installed a nossr50 custom plugin to help hot-fix a problem.
    Note: Once the underlying issue is properly resolved, we will remove this again.

- Fixed a serious issue with the '1MB Aquatic' feature.
    Note: Thank you bryan1512 for reporting this.

- Upgraded the -live- server to 1MB 2.6.3 (beta 2) and hopefully everything works fine.

- Cloned the -live- server to the -test- server and doing upgrade tests to 1MB 2.6.3 beta 2.
    Note: Stage: does it all work still?
    Note: Access has been given to all 1MB Beta testers.

- Synced the -dev- server to the latest player/world-data for better testing.
    Note: Access has been given to all network owners and admins.

- Created the -alpha- server for the 1.14 release.
    Note: Stage: review. But hope springs!

- Upgraded the '1MB Protection' plugins to their latest versions this week, and after some heavy testing internally we're now using these live. Fingers crossed (hence the previously mentioned beta tag)

- Updated the '1MB Shops' feature to fix a few tiny 1.13.2 bugs. Every little bit helps right?

- All the temporary worlds /end, /nether, and /mine now have their world border expanded to 7000 x 7000.

Okay, hot patches, bug fixes, updates and upgrades, today really was a maintenance release.

Please note that it's my birthday this weekend and I will perhaps be more offline than online. On the 21st I believe there are a few members that will have a surprise for me and unless offline family has one, I should be online 10pm NY time on the 21st. New features, updates, etc will have to wait until after my birthday.

This winter update of 2018 (and now 2019) has been about making our 1.13 experience stable, introduce new fun games, and reward players from 2018 with a fun holiday season event and items.

Upcoming Winter updates will be on top of 1MB 2.6.3 and is all about better using our existing plugins. Working with the community on 'stuff', and finishing our 1.12 to 1.13 upgrade before we move to 1.14 of Minecraft and 1MB 2.7.0

Our internal version is now: 1MB version 2.6.3, for Spigot 1.13.2. (yay)

19. Vloop

Threads:
    When is spring there?
    :D

20. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 19th, 2019:

Happy Birthday Emily! (my niece)

- Great news everybody, I was just exploring the shopping area and I spotted Jacky!
    Note: /warp shops

View: https://youtu.be/so3cIXz2m5E

• Like Like x 1
  21. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 22nd, 2019:

I am back! I had a wonderful birthday party, offline and online with my friends. Whooooo Thanks everybody.

- Restarted the server to free up some memory and give it a birthday-break. It was not offline that long.

- Updated Jacky with a few things, including a nicer way to expand her trade shop soon!

- Jacky says: "Empty your inventory before you go dance!"
    Note: Find the signs at her loot ship!

- Jacky says: "Today is the last day to get the wizard wand, as well as trade it, don't miss out!"
    Note: That's sad, she's leaving for the rest of the month probably, sailing along the /general world in search for new loot.

See you all online soon!

*sick dance moves zombie!*

• Love it Love it x 1
  22. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 24th, 2019:

- We've had a few days of beta testing behind closed doors behind us. What went well I've pushed to the live server.

- We've introduced the mini-game '1MB Dance', you can get started by finding the signs at the loot-ship.

- Updated the Dance feature today, thanks everybody for testing it and reporting issues.
    Note: Requires 3+ players to dance to start.
    Note: Scoreboard is no longer displaying (annoying anyway, might return at some point)
    Note: Added a reward, $250 for the winner.
    Note: Added a platform, so you dont's smash your face on the floor when you lose a dance.

- Other improvements include fixes to the Spigot engine we're using. And a few plugins.

- The '1MB Fun' had a few things reported by citebafla, these reports are processed.

That's about it, I am just busy building and grinding mcMMO. More updates soon!

• Like Like x 1
  23. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 28th, 2019:

Finally, I've been a nice lazy admin and haven't fixed much on the server and focussed on playing a bit more. But let's get back into it shall we?

- Jacky has returned this weekend with a new loot.
    Note: You can trade 12 small confetti for 3 big confetti.
    Note: Thank you bryan1512 for this suggestion.
    Screenshot 2019-01-28 at 13.12.26.png
    - Added a new '1MB' tip about community helpers.
    Note: "- ' Instead of regular operators, we have community helpers, ask away!'"
    Note: Thank you vloop for this suggestion.
    Screenshot 2019-01-28 at 13.13.26.png
    - Added more rewards to the '1MB Dance' mini-game.
    Note: Winner will get $250, a dance token, and a mystery-melon.
    Note: You can eat the mystery melon to restore your health and it will restore your hunger 100%
    Note: The /dance party now requires 3 people to start, and this will be raised to four in February.
    Note: Thank you bryan1512 for the suggestion.
    Screenshot 2019-01-28 at 13.14.06.png
    - Added the ability to check your own ping.
    Note: New command: /myping
    Note: There's a two minute cooldown on this command.
    Note: Thank you Tidala for this suggestion.
    Screenshot 2019-01-28 at 13.14.27.png
    - Updated the in-game chat hover.
    Note: Now wraps to newlines a bit better.
    Note: Added mcMMO power level to it.
    Note: Added Jobs joined, and jobs levels to it.
    Note: (This is when someone chats, you can hover over their name)
    Note: Thanks Macadam for the suggestion.
    Screenshot 2019-01-28 at 13.15.44.png
    - Other minor changes have been made to a couple of configuration files to fix a few tiny annoyances, not really worth mentioning them in detail.

- The server didn't get restarted this weekend. Yay

- We had a short quad, triple, and double exp hour, I hope everybody enjoyed that. It was the last one for this month.

- Updated the '1MB Perks' feature in preparation for Spring events.

- Players no longer need to be online to get added to the '/region' access-list.
    Note: Few weeks ago this broke, that's fixed since a couple of days. Yay

That's it for today, I am going back to building!

Oh, if you have a suggestion, type: /suggestion, it will explain to you where you can post your suggestions for us to consider!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  24. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 29th, 2019:

For once, a bit of bad news, but something we can easily overcome as it's hardly used anyway.

- Due to ongoing and increasing issues with one particular plugin that gives us some aquatic features, I've decided against using it (at this time) and leaving it uninstalled. Below a list of features we've removed and/or turned off.
    Note: Spear-fishing with trident.
    Note: Egg-trampling (they break again when stepped on)
    Note: Fishing fish with fishing rod.
    Note: Few visual tweaks like bubbles when you swim.
    Note: Hopefully they improve their code and provide a stable build at some point.

Welp, I will now focus on some other features and try to improve those.

- The new '1MB Kits' feature has been made live.
    Note: It's not finished, but it's live at least.

View: https://youtu.be/1q6U6lC6KLo

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice