Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Connect today Guest, to explore, mine, build and survive.
    1MB is a public, family-friendly #minecraft survival server, version 1.13.2.
    We're small, but have a friendly face. Invite your friends and come play!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market,
    Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more.

Minecraft Changelog

Discussion in 'MineCraft' started by Floris, Jan 1, 2019.

1. Vloop

Vloop aka: Rodolfo

Threads:
    If it's for the good of the server, let them go!

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    January 31st, 2019:

We're a bit early, but I have my reasons, bare with it if you will: Group changes!

- Spent a couple of hours here and there going through some permissions like I've done earlier this month and cleaned up a bunch of outdated stuff, and took note of what else I still have to do.

- Prepared some group changes for the Spring update.

- Updated a player using our new(er) '1MB Groups' setup, congrats on the green-group update Citebafla, glad to see that all worked.

- Updated a player to a unique '1MB Groups' setup, it's basically the same as the Builders group, but with a few helper perks. Congrats Tidala for this "you are the only one with this color" group update, let me know if you run into any issues. Additionally, I'd like to point out that with more helpers in our community tidal's role is more public. If someone asks on 1MB if she's a community helper, she can say yes. It doesn't hurt me to have an extra pair of eyes during the hours I perhaps am unable to do so myself.

- The team groups have some permissions cleaned up that were a bit overkill. The log files showed 1 person only used it once, last year, when I asked. So nobody will miss these probably.

- The tablist and chatgroups layouts have slightly been updated, visually it's hard to notice, but it's 'less work' for the server to process, which really helps us all.

- Other minor changes to help performance have been applied to groups so we can start work on some ranks maybe? :)

Okay, phew, my body is still not 100% recovered from this mini flu thing that I've been fighting. So way less work has been done! But, I am ready for February. Oh, Valentines event?

3. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 2nd, 2019:

New month, new things, new bugs too though.. but we are constantly improving.

- Fixed a few 1MB Fun reported issues, thanks again everybody for reporting them.

- Updated the 1MB /menu (nether star) with a new Shops icon

- Added an overview of shops menu to find the warp shops a little easier, as well as the points shops and the global market.

- Added a Jobs Points shop option where you can now buy the new Party Armor.

- Added Tier 1 Party Armor to the server, collect them all!

See this thread for details: https://omgboards.com/threads/1mb-party-armor.261566/

View: https://youtu.be/xyrYfrcUOg0

View: https://youtu.be/Ty87kugpAKc

4. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 8th 2019:

Phew, it's been a few days, but I will let you know why.

- The server has been restarted a few times in the last couple of days to hot-fix a few serious issues. Thanks for reporting!

- A few minor plugin updates have happened to better support the 1.13.2 api. Oh Mojang you!

- The /job command now also works like /jobs (previously it would say 'pls use /jobs'

- Some things like /youtube and /twitch are now moved to 1MB Tip feature, for consistency.

- Known issue: It seems one of the vote servers (iron vote) isn't properly registering votes, we have contacted this service and are hoping they address this silly issue soon.

- The first preparations have been made for the February events.
    Note: see below

- The mcMMO Event has been prepared properly now and it's TAMING, on the 15th, it will be 24 hours long.

- The Valentines Day event starts on the 13th, and ends when mcMMO Event ends, it will consist of a few things.

- Some typing errors have been fixed, (but there are still enough, so please do keep reporting them!)

- Looking for build ideas? Help up grow this thread!
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/build-ideas.261567/

- Are you on our Discord yet? Type: /discord, in the game for the invite link.

- Beta tested a future version of mcMMO, it's looking promising!
    Note: Thanks nossr50 for joining the server to say hi.

- The Spigot engine we're using has been updated to the latest build.

- The changes from the dev server that worked, are on the test server, and what works well there will be moved to the live server in a couple of days.

If there are more changes today, I will append this post, so don't forget to check back tomorrow :)

Talking about tomorrow, should we have an hour of triple jobs exp this weekend? let us know!

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 9th, 2019:

- Temoprarily disabled the visual effects for crafting and chests, due to armor stands causing locking issues. Hopefully when they fix this bug I can turn it back on again.

- Restarted the server to make some maintenance changes take effect and prepare for Valentines events.

- Did some light fixing of commonly visited places. The convert of 1.12 to 1.13 kind of screwed up chunk lighting effects. Hopefully this helps improve that.

- Enabled mcMMO Double Exp for 30 minutes.

- Enabled Hunting Double Exp for 30 minutes.

- Restored the world "Sanctuary", here's some information:
    Note: Players can visit this world by typing: /sanctuary
    Note: Or by going to /warps and clicking on the sanctuary item.
    Note: Yellow groups can explore the world in adventure mode.
    Note: Inventories do not share. Taking items out of this world is not allowed.
    Note: Once in a while a player from the green group can be invited to pick a spot to build in creative, if they've shown to be capable of making fantastic builds.
    Note: Video

View: https://youtu.be/KQTS2eB5NP4

- Restored the world "Hunting", here's some information:
    Note: All groups can explore in adventure mode, and fight in this world by typing: /hunting
    Note: Or by going to /warps and clicking on the hunting item.
    Note: Players in yellow and green groups are all in adventure mode.
    Note: You can however fight mobs, there's loads of them!
    Note: We currently do not yet share inventories, you fight for fun (will change soon hopefully)

View: https://youtu.be/2M1tgJskbdI

- Restored the world "Halloween", here's some information:
    Note: All groups can explore there in adventure mode, by typing: /halloween
    Note: This was an event world, we let you explore it, but there's no features there (it's not halloween after all right?)

- Restored the world "Legacy", here's some information:
    Note: All groups can explore there in adventure mode, by typing: /legacy
    Note: Inventories do not share. You can play for fun. Legacy group gets creative to build.

- Restored the world "Skygrid", here's some information:
    Note: All groups can play there in survival mode, by typing: /skygrid
    Note: 1.12 had a skygrid plugin but the author didn't update it to 1.13, so right now this is really just a left over world you can play in, but without the skygrid 'features', if that makes any sense.
    Note: There are no 1.13.2 items in there, the world was converted from 1.12 to 1.13
    Note: Inventories do not share. You can play for fun, don't die from falling!

View: https://youtu.be/Vnnr-1kx7gk

- Updated the '1MB Warps' feature to reflect these world updates!

View: https://youtu.be/bqO5sLTUrT0

- Have you figured out yet that you can use /rate to check mcMMO events?

View: https://youtu.be/VE0Eb5jKmUg

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  6. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 10th, 2019:

Man, what a day, I woke up not feeling great, and it hardly improved over the day. And I have to work on valentines features while dealing with cheating players and player q.. ok I should stop complaining. READ THIS POSITIVE STUFF:

- Whoo, the '1MB Spawners' feature is back, you can buy spawners from the shops now.
    Note: Restored the old spawner configuration, for the groups.
    Note: Supporting Donator group now as well.
    Note: Added more spawner-types per group.
    Note: Raised the prices (sorry)
    Note: Added Tropical Fish as a special spawner for anybody to buy.
    Note: It will tell you now if you can't buy it, (no permission, or no money)
    Note: It will tell you which one you paid for, and how much.
    Note: Added 1.12 and 1.13 spawner types as well (finally)
    Note: Yes, more notes!
    Note: Prices might go up or down slightly over time, and
    Note: Spawner types might get removed and/or added over time.

View: https://youtu.be/pTZzYhfnFEk

- Restarted the server to fix an issue with players unable to restore their hunger.
    Note: No idea why this started happening, but I think I fixed it.

- Lowered '1MB Players' max-players value down from 24 to 22, since the holiday-rush is over.

- Fixed some more incorrect group displaying at various locations.
    Note: Like pressing tab now shows teams in the right color, and
    Note: typing: /list or /online will show players in the right color.

Sorry everybody for my moody mood today, it will be better after some sleep.
    Have fun with the new spawners and feel free to post your spawner-builds on discord!

• Love it Love it x 1
  7. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 12th, 2019:

Before I get to the changes, I want to apologize for not being around. We had a family situation I rather not get into, but it has a huge impact on me, and requires my attention. Anything Minecraft related is in the hands of the team members, thank you for understanding! Okay, let's focus on something positive:

- Tomorrow the Valentines Season starts! Stay up to date here:
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/1mb-valentines-day-2019.261569/

- Restarted the server to address a few performance issues.

- Updated the '1MB Heads' features to better support 1.13.2 API.

- Updated the spawn from a cold winter to a fresh green Spring-ready vibe.
    Note: Thanks Mistic_Ice for helping update /spawn
    Note: I did this out of respect for my father, love you dad.

- Updated the '1MB Protection' features a bit.

- Updated the '1MB Core' features a bit.
    Note: Thank you 1MBNetwork for doing all the heavy lifting.

- Updated the '1MB Horse' plugin, hopefully this fixes some disappearing horses.
    Note: If you check and your horses aren't back, report it to 1MBNetwork (not me), please.

- Updated the website software to the latest version for better PHP 7.x support.

- Updated the website host to the latest version so we can enable some better privacy settings.

- Cancelled the hosting account for scripts.1moreblock.com and moved it to the same server as our forum website.
    Note: Yay, saving money, now I don't have to ask for people to type /donate and consider keeping us afloat this time.

- Ignored all messages on Discord and in-game and left the server in the hands of 1MBNetwork, Mistic_Ice, Tiadala and Vloop.
    Note: Thank you for understanding my offline situation and helping out, you guys are awesome.

Okay, let's focus on fun things, keep an eye out for Valentines Event news and we will try our best to inform you when we enable or disable certain features in the coming days.

• Love it Love it x 1
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
  8. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 13th, 2019:

- Started Valentines Event 2019. There will be a handful of features enabled each day.
    Note: Thank you 1MBNetwork for taking this one.

- Feature #1 : A bunch of angry-mobs are now friendly.

- Feature #2 : Post a rhyme for 'roses are red..' on the forums, to be eligible for a gift next week!

- Feature #3 : New command: /valentine, which will bring you to a valentine theme area.

- Feature #4 : Added Valentines' <3 Suit Shops, they shops are inside /valentine 's heart.

- Feature #5 : Added Valentine's /lottery feature, just type /lottery help to get started.

All the features are also explained visually in these 5 videos;
    https://omgboards.com/threads/1mb-valentines-day-2019.261569/

More tomorrow!

• Love it Love it x 1
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  9. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 14th, 2019:

(Happy Birthday Maria)

Today's Valentine's Day, and that means we're still having our event. Tomorrow's the last day, which will include 24 hours of mcMMO Taming. But let's share what we've changed or introduced today. Again, for the feature introductions and their explanations videos please see this thread:

- Updated the Valentine Lottery from once an hour to once every three hours. Hopefully everybody knows now how to use it.

- Introducing Valentine Flowers!
    Note: To get started, just type: /flower in the game.
    Note: Then buy one or more flowers, and go to the person who you wish to gift them to, and right click on that person.
    Note: Oh, and to see who gave you flowers, type: /flowers

- Added a temporary new command: /hug
    Note: You can type /hug (if you don't spam it) to show some love to everybody online!

- Added a temporary new command: /kiss
    Note: This will let a player kiss a zombie, maybe if it's true love the zombie will turn into a player?

- Added a temporary option to buy Hearts!
    Note: To get started type: /points, a pink block is added at the end, where you can pay with 5 points to turn it on.
    Note: If you dont' see any hearts, make sure you have particles turned on.
    Note: To turn it off: /breakheart

That's all for today, I wish I had more time for more things :)

10. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 15th, 2019:

- The last day of the Valentines Event has started.

- Double Exp for Taming has been enabled.

- Added new temporary command: /foreveralone

Have fun everybody

• Love it Love it x 1
  11. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 19th, 2019:

- Restarted the server to help uninstall the Valentines Event features and enabled some maintenance stuff I will list below.

- The '1MB Core' plugins have been updated.

- The Vanilla Minecraft 'serious bug' has been fixed.
    Note: Players that abused this bug have been banned.

- The '1MB Perks' feature has been tweaked and is ready to be used this year.

- The '1MB Vote' features have had a tiny bit of a tweak to fix some issues, things should go smooth(er) now.
    Note: The extra vote block in /vote will remain there, they are 'still' switching things around on that one site.

- The '1MB Protection and Control' features have been updated to better support the 1.13.2 API

- Some minor plugins have received some maintenance.

12. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 23rd, 2019:

Big Discord Update!

- Just like grinding mcMMO levels, you can now grind exp inside Discord as well.

- Each time you chat in the channels on Discord, you gain a bit of exp once every so often.

- With enough exp gathered, you will level up. From level 1, to level 2, to level 3..
    Note: Currently there are 100 levels max, this will change to 150 in the near future.

- With enough levels gained, you will hit milestones, such as a rank update.
    Note: Certain ranks will unlock certain perks/rewards in the form of privileges, permissions, channel access, colored names, etc.

- Level 5 is for example needed to get access to post links and such.

- We've also introduced a higher moderation for lower levels, and less moderation for higher levels.
    Note: And over time we will tweak this as we learn more about how we use Discord from day to day.

- Channel commands are !help and !rank, !ip, and there's even !staff if you wish to contact staff quickly for serious questions or reporting players.

- There are more commands, just check out !help and read the DM that the bot '1MoreBot' will give you.

- There's now a #bot-commands channel, where you can try out commands.
    Note: Not all commands are available in all channels. So this is right now your best bet.

- There's also a new #off-topic channel, level 5 is required to chat here, and to see the chat history.

- The #minecraft channel is where it will announce if someone has levelled up.

- Clicking on someone's name will pop-up their profile, from where you can see their rank. For example 'Iron Miner' or 'Master Blacksmith'

- At this point Discord ranks and exp and chat have no effect on the Minecraft in-game gameplay or your account there.
    Note: Who knows, we might change this over time.

- We're paying for the premium version of the 1MoreBot, to help make it as complete as possible, and keep it as spam-free and ad-free as possible. If you wish to help us keep it this way you're free to type: /donate in the Minecraft game and read up on how to donate money to us, so we can keep paying for the bot. You don't have to of course, I am just throwing this out there.

- If you see any spelling errors in the Ranks, or anything you wish to see differently. Or you have suggestions for handy !commands, then please do let me know. I am more than willing to fix spelling errors, add new commands, and better organize the bots we have on Discord. For example, over time the bot-commands channel might merge into the off-topic channel.

Minecraft changes? Tomorrow, or the day after. We're gathering up a few things and trying stuff out. Stay tuned for some changes. Today will be about Discord.

13. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 25th, 2019:

- Restarted the server a couple of times in the last few days to address some user reported issues. Thank you all for submitting your suggestions and bug reports. They help us improve our 1.13.2 server!

- The '1MB Jobs' plugin had a big version update, from 3 to 4, this implies there's perhaps bigger improvements, bug fixes, and maybe new features. You shouldn't really notice too much, but it's possible .. explore!

- The '1MB mcMMO' plugin has been updated to address some exploits we've seen players abuse. Thank you for not reporting this, you have now been banned for unfair gameplay. Some incidental abuse of this has been corrected by us removing those levels and rewards from your account. Please play fair.

- The '1MB Market' feature has been updated to fix a few bugs, and improve on how we use it.
    Note: /market help, should give you an overview of some commands, play around!

- Welcoming Vloop to the team, alongside Tidala, he will be assisting us as a Community Helper. Whooo!
    Note: Put the banhammer down, don't let the power go to your head!

- A handful of other changes, including auto-banning of players using hack-clients (We really want you to play Vanilla).

In March we will start picking up daily tasks again, we have a good reason for taking things slow.

Have you subbed to us on YouTube yet? https://youtube.com/mrfloris

• Love it Love it x 1
  14. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    March 1st, 2019:

- Restarted the server to have some changes take effect.

- Restarted the network hardware to give the modems,routers,switches some breathing space.

- Host appears to have completed network maintenance as well.

- Updated Java 11 to a newer build.
    Note: And got rid of Java8 to be honest.

- Build a new Spigot BuildTools.jar and got the latest build of Spigot 1.13.2 .jar and patched it with our network customizations.

- Patched the system's software to fix some performance and security issues (Thanks Apple)

- Tweaked some of the .sh scripts to better support 1.13.2 and get rid of more 1.12.2 support.

- Enabled better support for Minechat secret handshake (so you don't get banned for not running a vanilla client)

- Enabled better support for automatically banning players on hack-clients. (Play Vanilla, this game isn't that hard)

- Tweaked mob spawn and detection settings to increase performance.

- Made some tiny economy changes to help balance out our overall economy.

- Removed some obsolete alias-commands that were part of events.

- Removed some event-items from the game as they have now expired.

- Known issue: Items with limited use will still work, but for some reason have a missing locale, I haven't been able to figure out how to fix this.
    Note: You can still use the item, it will work, but it will complain some phrase is missing. I've let the developer know and hopefully we can fix this in the near future.

- We're sooo close to enabling elevators support. Soo close.

- Cleaned up the /points shop a tiny bit. Obsolete options have been removed.

- Added the ability to use points to heal everybody that's online.

- Added the ability to turn on mcmMO double exp for the whole server.

- POINTS: We will be adding more options soon. Keep your eyes open.

- POINTS: The prices for items in /points will be changed over time. Make sure you know what you're buying.

- Organized a little bit of the Discord Suggestions channel, thanks everybody for your feedback. I know we are unable to do everything, but we love hearing from you guys and we love to see what we can improve on, remove, add, or consider. Keep the suggestions coming! Make sure you explain properly what you mean, this really speeds things up haha.

- Removed the /dance mini-game, it was giving issues, and the bug fixes weren't reliable. We might return it in the future.

- Community Helpers can now start the Walk the Plank game and the 1MB Fun game. If it's not running just give them a poke!

- The '1MB World Tools' have been updated to a much more recent version. This really helps the staff with various building, events, controlling build environments, various things in the variety of worlds, and other plugins have been 1.13.2 support because of this. If only we could use an async version of this grr.

- The '1MB Protection Tools' have been updated as well to a much more recent 1.13.2 API, this really provides a much better region protection for players. It is now also easier for me to give you region protection.
    Note: If you have a build area that you want protected, contact me! I'd love to help you.

- The '1MB Voting Tools' have been updated, tweaked, fine-tuned. I think most issues we had are resolved. It will soon be time to get rid of that double entry. It will also be time to explain the tier 1 and tier 2 vote-token rewards (remind me in a week from now to write a thread about this!)

- The '1MB Core' engine has been updated, as well as the CMI engine we also use for our core features. They understand each other a lot better now (better api integration etc) and we've moved quite a few outdated 1mb-core plugin features to the newer cmi engine, this way we can do more for 1.13.2. The CMI side of things had made some modular changes which helps with performance, as well as particle handling which helps with fighting particle lag. Every bit helps right?
    Note: March will be used to hunt down annoying little bugs, typing errors, and other fine-tune maintenance stuff. Hopefully by April we can update both core engines to run even smoother. Hello 1.14, are you listening?

- The '1MB Fun' bot has been told to accept a variety of common question/answers a bit smoother, hopefully this will result in happier players. Also, most feedback we've received for wrong answers have been processed. Meaning the next time they come up the correct answer will result in a winner.

- The '1MB Shops' feature is stagnating. The developer either has no time or just doesn't want to work on it. But it's not on the most recent 1.13.2 API and this is holding it back. While it works stand-alone, it doesn't play nice with other plugins that we want to use. This has already resulted in 2 months of delays on seemingly unrelated features such as the builders world. Since I now stopped caring for this, I will find a very obvious alternative so we can still introduce a builders world. Common already developers, you offer a product, how about you stay current a bit more than just an update? Yes, I am irritated about this one.

- The '1MB Motd' feature is also stagnating. Thankfully we now have Vloop as a community helper. I will task him soon to help me sort this so it matches what we had in 1.12 (no rush, let's talk soon!) It's a todo item that keeps sliding down the todo list and I can't wait to make it more fun and dynamic again.

- The '1MB Protocol' feature has been updated to a more recent build. This should result in less client-crashes for vanilla players, and more client crashes for people who use things they shouldn't use. Play fair, it will be more fun.

- The '1MB Protection' feature has had a few player-exploit fixes, including one reported by Macadam, the /hopper command is now available to all groups, if your contraption stopped working, type /hopper and hit the container. Containers can be chests, furnaces, droppers.

- The '1MB Capture' feature has been updated, groups can capture 1 or 2 more mobs.
    Note: Default (yellow) group can now capture: pig, chicken, cow
    Note: Builder (green) group can now capture: default + sheep, ocelot
    Note: Donator (blue) group can now capture: default + builder + rabbit, parrot, turtle
    Note: Over time we will expand this again, suggestions? Let us know!

- Added a few new shops to the /menu (nether star), there's a week-shop as we call it where you can buy items Just on that Week-day. Check once in a while as we're updating these items every once in a while. Including their prices. It's a fun way to get items cheap (that you can then sell high!) or something harder to get (but easy to get in bulk). (Secret: next on our agenda, head shop!)

- The '1MB Perks' feature has finally been figured out how to use in 1.13.2, and we will start to add it as a 'shop' to our list of shops. Woooo, this might mean you could perhaps do something fun for the players online! (Oooh I really wanna spoil this) more, #soon

- The '1MB Jobs' plugin has received even further fixes for 1.13.2, however, it seems there are quite some 1.13.2 API changes that it is just utterly ignoring. We're very unhappy about this and will soon dedicate some time to let their support team properly explain this to us, or if it turns out to be a bug: fix it for us. Argh, this is taking up so much time for each individual item to fix. We're working on a once-and-for-all solution to make this more fun for us as the players. I want that jobs-shop open and jobs-quest open as well. Would be awesome.

- We will soon give players the ability to use buy global boosts through the various shops (see above, we already started with an mcMMO /points). I've been spending nearly a month figuring out how I want this to approach this so it's not open to abuse.

- The custom heads database has been updated, hopefully we can have some fun in April with easter again.

- More permissions have been sorted out for various groups. You might not know this, but besides yellow, green, and red players, we actually have loooads of groups. We're sorting things out slowly, so we can start introducing more and more permissions on a per group and per player basis (without it being unfair to others).

- Player Awards has been stagnating, (and I am not happy about this). The plan was to start January 1st, and now it's March 1st. I have raised the priority for this item, I want to introduce one or two player awards as soon as I find the time, and then gradually add more and more! My apologies for this delay, I am honestly frustrated that I haven't been able to push this out. The code's there, it has been tested etc. I just need to sit down and spend the 3 hours configuring it.

- The '1MB Essentials' features have been updated, newer 1.13.2 things are being utilized now, while more outdated things have been forcefully turned off (and/or replaced with our newer core engines)

- We've worked more on our Discord integration.
    Note: The old /discord alias command has been removed
    Note: The new /discord command is now enabled (looks the same phew!)
    Note: Your in-game global messages appear to the staff in a private channel (so staff will notice faster if there are issues with players)
    Note: Administrators can talk from Discord directly into the game now (which we will try not to use that much to avoid confusion)
    Note: The Community Helpers now show on Discord as '1MB Team member', and have access to some more private discord channels for better team communication.
    Note: Players on Discord can rank up on Discord by chatting! The higher the ranks, the more fun little perks we can introduce over time for them. For example: You need to be level 5 to have access to our less-moderated #off-topic chat channel.
    Note: Players can type (in Minecraft) /discord link, to link their discord name to their minecraft name. While it doesn't do much right now, it will over time.
    Note: We've added a few more channels, such as a #bot-commands channel, the #off-topic channel, and the live-Music channel.

The '1MB Protection' tool has sliiiightly been opened up to Community Helpers, to better help them figure out what happened to blocks and items. The tool itself has been upgraded to the more recent 1.13.2 api, which really helps us biiiig time. And this helps your builds to be a lot saver from abuse.

The '1MB Shops' feature has been updated as well, a maintenance release. But hopefully this will result in a bit smoother shopping experience. haha.

- The '1MB Market' feature has had some significant updates. Check: /market help, to find out what additional commands you might have access to now. In the /market (gui overview) you will now have a few more options and a more organized overview.

- Some commands we use frequently have been reviewed for typing errors and visual display. We've mode some tiny changes to make things more consistent. It's not a lot, but it still took me an hour. blah.

- The '1MB /trade' feature has received a maintenance update.

- The event duplication issue on a reload no longer causes duplicate events.

- Okay, that's it for today. I probably forgot to add a lot of things, because 1MBNetwork has helped me out a lot, and my brain has been in a haze due to a loss of a family member. But it's March 1st, and that's a nice moment to try and pick things back up again. I want to say thank you to everybody who has been helping me out, from the new community helpers to mistic_ice and 1mbnetwork who all jumped in here and there to keep things going and keep things fun. Blah, tough times.

Have you seen us play with 1.14 yet?

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  15. Vloop

Vloop aka: Rodolfo

Threads:
    A lot to read, but I made it! HAHAHA
    I have seen 1.14... and I want it too. =)

• Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    March 3rd, 2019:

- Restarted the server to have some changes take effect and free up some memory.

- Installed a chunk handler to help fix those ugly dark-lighting spots the converted chunks have.
    Note: We've already run this manually once in a while, on popular areas.
    Note: But we will try to automate this over the next few weeks in the /general world, to get all the chunks.

- Updated the /event, /valentine, and a couple of other 'event' commands.

- Introduced the /easter command, of course, it's not active yet.
    Note: Hopefully in April we can have an easter event.

- Removed the /valentine theme spawn from the /spawn world.
    Note: Thank you Vloop for helping clean up the area!

- Updated the /spawn area for the Spring theme.
    Note: Bye bye snow.

- Updated the '1MB Protection' plugins again to fix a few user-reported issues.
    Note: Always something.

- Made preparations for tomorrow's list of todo items. Including cleaning up the todo list and get a better overview.
    Note: Thank you 1MBNetwork for helping!

Okay, this is it for now, we have a few things we've been working on behind closed doors, including particles! Some of you on Discord got to beta test and play around, or saw a video. We hope over time to slowly introduce some fun cosmetic perks to certain usergroups.

Time to destress from life and play some Minecraft! See you all online later?

• Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    March 10th, 2019:

- Various maintenance has been done to the server over the last couple of days.

- Started the 24 hours mcMMO Herbalism Triple exp event.

Have fun!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  18. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    March 11th, 2019:

- Restarted the server to update some plugins and apply some maintenance changes.

- Spigot updated to 1.13.2 and patched with the 1MB Core engine (support)

- World protection and world guarding/editing plugins have been updated to better support the 1.13.2 API changes.

- The '1MB Fireworks' features have been updated (less particle lag, better performance, etc)

- The '1MB Vote' feature has been updated, hopefully this doesn't cause any troubles.

- The '1MB Particles' support has been properly tested, we will now wait for one more update, before introducing this to players (with some cool stuff)

- The '1MB NPC' features have been updated to better support the latest NMS changes and other 1.13.2 API updates.
    Note: fingers crossed this doesnt cause more problems than it fixes.

- The '1MB Core Protection' plugin has been updated to .1 (maintenance release) to better log player actions.

- The '1MB Core Essentials' plugins have all been updated for better legacy support as well as improved 1.13.2 API support. (finally)

- Mobs that are easy to auto grind have been nerfed (money wise). More will follow throughout the year, as announced end of 2018)

- Improved some start-up (of the server) performance thingies, so it loads a bit faster on a full shutdown and restart. (yay less downtime)

- Improved the shell scripts I wrote a bit.

- Updated mcMMO to add Raw Cod, Cod, Tropical fish, to fishermans diet.

- Cleaned our the /plugins/ directory, some old dirs/ were left from various events, (they've been archived)

19. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    March 13th, 2019:

- Restarted the server to free up some memory.

- Manually backed up the server.
    Note: We of course automatically backup, but this way I feel more confident there's a good working backup that I made.

- Created a new -dev- build.

- Created a new -test- build.

- The '1MB Hunting' features spam your in-game chat a lot less.
    Note: We will see how this goes, if this is too confusing to players, we might revert back to the old system.

- Removed the double TMS vote listing under /vote, finally.
    Note: If their site changes *again* we will discontinue this site and find something else.

- Updated the '1MB Core' protection and region features.

- Updated the '1MB Protection' plugins to their latest builds to implement some performance tweaks.

- Updated the '1MB Forge' packet inspection and mod-detection plugins, to we can auto ban players who try to cheat "very obviously"

- Updated the '1MB Core' engine through CMI's updates. They work together a lot better now.

- CMI updates this week came with 50+ changes, including 'missing locale' msg.

- The '1MB Essential' plugins have all been updated to support the latest Spigot builds and better support 1.13.2 (yes, they're THAT slow with updating)

- The '1MB Jobs' feature had a few user reports, we've been able to fix only just a couple of issues. Every bit helps right?
    Note: It's unbelievable how poorly 1.13 is supported.. and how many little issues this is giving.

So I walked up to this aquarium only to find pigs everywhere! I think this spawner was meant to be tropical fish (fixed!)

By the way, I am on Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/mrfloris/ :)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  20. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    March 14th, 2019:

- Restarted the server to help finalize some of the changes we've made yesterday (after tweaking them)

- CONTEST ANNOUNCEMENT: Easter build contest / theme contest details:
    https://omgboards.com/threads/theme-contest-easter-build.261575/
    Note: Thank you Tidala for the suggestion! It was already on our agenda, but this gave it the push it needed to realise it for 2019, let's start building! Creative mode for everybody!
    Screenshot 2019-03-14 at 12.13.06.png

- Updated the /event command.

- Updated the /easter command.

- Updated the /contest command.

- Enabled the in-game event, it will broadcast every once in a while that the event is live and running. You can't miss out now huh.

- Team members can now turn on the 1MB Fun and 1MB Walk mini-games. If they're not running, contact one of the team members, this includes the community members. Go bother them!

- We've made changes to the way we detect players playing unfair, while keeping performance up.

- Fixed a few user-reported issues.

- Changed the /points greet cooldown from 300ms to a higher number to avoid players from continuously reconnecting to allow their friends to keep scoring points.

- Anti grief rollback features have been improved (better logging, etc)

- Unfortunately hardly noticeable, but tab-completion has been made ever so slightly less annoying in certain conditions.

- Added the ability to smelt down enchantment books to a portion of their exp.
    Note: This was a suggestion by kohlerpop1: thank you!
    Note: You can put an enchantment book at the top of a furnace, with some fuel below it, and it will smelt down to a bit of exp in the form of a bottle o' enchanting
    Note: Burning enchanted books requires patience, it takes up to 240 seconds per book.
    Note: You will get a tiny bit of experience from burning books when you take the bottle out of the furnace (bonus exp hehe)
    Screenshot 2019-03-14 at 08.38.23.png

- Added Granite, Diorite, and Andesite to the '1MB Worth' feature, so players can now check it's worth at /warp shops, and also sell it through /sell.
    Note: This was a suggestion by various players, including Macadam: Thank you!
    Note: Just type: /sell, and put the items in the window, and close it. The money will go towards your /money balance.
    Screenshot 2019-03-14 at 09.01.30.png

- Updated the iron payout as we promised near the end of 2018 that we would.
    Note: Obtaining iron on the server has been fairly easy in the last couple of years. We've slowly have been making some changes, and today is another one.
    Note: The '1MB Hunting' feature has been updated to have a much lower chance of obtaining iron drops from killing mobs.
    Note: This impacts all mobs that paid out in the past.
    Note: This is part 3 of a handful of parts of changes we're implementing this year.
    Note: The next step is to remove iron as a reward from frequently grinded mobs.
    Note: Thank you Tidal and others for this suggestion, your player/team feedback that certain features are too overpowered, is much welcomed.
    Screenshot 2019-03-14 at 09.14.03.png

- BETA: We've are beta testing the ability to soul-bind items.
    Note: We do not recommend buying this from /points, if the beta period concludes that we keep or remove this feature, things will change: no refunds.
    Note: If you wish to try this, and actually test this for issues; please contact me in-game prior to buying.

- We've expanded the features and permissions of the armor stand editor.
    Note: YELLOW (default) group can now sneak+click to open the editor and add arms to the armors stand, as well as remove the plate, and change it's size.
    Note: GREEN (builder) group can now also toggle gravity which enabled the Y: coordinate button.

- Forge handshake inspection has been improved, network staff will be properly notified if someone runs mods that are clearly meant to give players an unfair advantage.

- We've analysed all 250+ active accounts from 2018/2019 and are in the process of reviewing the ones at the top of mining with an advantage.

Small reminder, we're a family-friendly, no-cheat, no-grief Minecraft survival server.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
  21. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    March 15th, 2019:

- Worked a lot on the internal management and todo items, cleaning things up, sorting through outdated stuff, and reviewing features, and processing user feedback, following up on /mail I have received, and privsmsgs on the forums.

- New spigot build made and patched for 1mb core.

- Checked some additional worlds we have for corrupt chunks, glad to report we found no issues.

- Restarted the server to finish maintenance.

- The creative-mode contest-build server is live now:
    https://omgboards.com/threads/theme-contest-easter-build.261575/

- Donations of any amount are accepted, but with $10 or over you can show blue in-game and on Discord (if you so desire):
    https://omgboards.com/threads/donating-to-1mb-is-now-possible.261543/

Your contributions through support, voting for the server, playing online, inviting friends, live streaming your gameplay, or donating through PayPal, is super appreciated and helps the server stay active and slowly grow. Please consider supporting us once in a while, one way or another. ^5 (high five!)

22. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    March 17th, 2019:

- Rebuild the Spigot 1.13.2 server jar with a new version of BuildTools, there's yet again quite some NSM repatching to do.
    Note: Ugh, we're live-testing this, so fingers crossed this doesn't break anything serious.

- The '1MB NPC' features are running a fix to ^^ help make it work with that server jar file.
    Note: Yeah.. watch me be excited about this update.

- The '1MB Event' is going strong, we've had more than five players join the contest. Don't miss out!

Happy Birthday @Vloop (March 16th)

23. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    March 19th, 2019:

- Restarted the server to fix a few world-edit issues.

- Updated to a nightly build of World edit plugin to fix a path resolve problem.

- Unlocked Tier 2 of the '1MB Vote' feature, unlocking OP-items!
    Note: Vloop was the first to unlock tier 1, and now the first to unlock tier 2. Congratulations.
    Note: Tier 2 items are soulbound to the player, can't be sold, gifted, etc. They're meant for 'that' player.

- Enabled quintuple (5x) mcMMO exp for an hour to say thank you to everybody that played on the server in the last eight years.

- Enabled quad (4x) mcMMO for an hour to say thank you to everybody that have voted to support the server.

- Enabled triple (3x) mcMMO for an hour to say thank you to everybody that has made awesome builds on the server.

- Enabling double (2x) mcMMO exp tonight for an hour in case people are online that missed the last 24 hours of fun.

Be well everybody, don't forget we have a contest running!

• Like Like x 1
  24. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    March 20th, 2019:

- All automated backups have been pruned, purged, and destroyed - thank you for your service old hard drives.
    Note: We've yet to have any issues with our backups, it's just an additional precaution and spring-cleaning.

- A fresh new set of hard drives have been added to the offline array, allowing a fresh full system backup to complete properly, and encrypted.

- A manual backup has obviously been made prior to any auto-backup pruning, juuuust in case.

- A weekly reminder has been set to manually backup the server instead of 'twice a month'.
    Note: We've yet to have any issues with our backups, it's just an additional precaution and spring-cleaning.

- The '1MB Script' have been updated, but not yet shared to scripts.1moreblock.com, this will happen at some point.

- Support for java 7 and minecraft 1.x to 1.11.x, and 32bit, has been dropped completely.

- Better support for java 11 and Minecraft 1.13.x and 1.14.x in full 64bit has been added to these scripts.

- The CMI plugin had some bug fixes in the last few days as well as 'custom mob head' support improvements. We're rebuilding our stuff internally on the -dev- server for the Summer update. Hopefully allowing to lower the load on the 1MB Hunting features, and introducing some fresh new heads to collect.

- The //schem save, 'resolve path' issue has finally been fixed.

- The -contest- server has been synced up with some of the network data. We are now capable to saving plots to .schematic files. for easier network imports. *(sweet)

- A random newsbulletin about Minecraft 1.14 has arrived.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whgr2-4tb6I

- The contest is still going strong, once more players have been active on the server and new players joined the contest, we can move forward disclosing a few fun new things.

So, I saw this rabbit today stealing a carrot from my farm, .. but once I got back with my bow and arrow the little bugger was long gone. I think we're getting closer to Easter.

• Funny Funny x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice