Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Connect today Guest, to explore, mine, build and survive.
    1MB is a public, family-friendly #minecraft survival server, version 1.13.2.
    We're small, but have a friendly face. Invite your friends and come play!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market,
    Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more.

Minecraft Changelog

Discussion in 'MineCraft' started by Floris, Jan 1, 2019.

1. OP
    Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    August 4th, 2019:

A small update to the 1MB /menu system.

- Updated the mcMMO Menu, and enabled it for all groups.
    Note: It should give more information to players now about the mcMMO Events, and mcMMO itself.
    Note: Direct links added to /mctop, /mcstats, and /mcranks.
    Note: You can now toggle your mcMMO Scoreboards on/off a little easier.
    Note: You can hover over the glowstone to see if you are in a party, and which party it is. Clicking it will disclose more /party information.
    Note: Video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68cNTK3jvPI

- All temporary worlds have finished pre-generating in the last couple of days, I probably forgot to mention that.
    Note: They all have a world border of 7500 by 7500.
    Note: All the chunks have finished pre-generating, which should help with performance.

Find a polar bear, give it a hug!

• Love it Love it x 1
  2. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    August 5th, 2019:

- Restarted the server to finalize gamemode alpha stage and enable gamemode internal beta stage.
    Note: This is about upcoming cave,skygrid,acid,skyblock gamemodes.

- Enabled the public/visual donator perk group on the forums.
    Note: If you have donated in the past and wish to show on the forums, make sure you're signed up and let me know and I will (after a quick review) update your account on the forums.

- Focus today was on the Skyblock world, getting some islands, settings, defaults, text, etc. sorted out. Before testing it internally #soon

- Processed some reported typing errors and tiny bug reports. Thanks everybody! Keep them coming.

- Made /menu more dynamic, if you happen to know the sub-menu, you can use that, for example: /menu worlds, or /menu mcmmo.

- Disabled the VoteShop, that wasn't even supposed to be enabled in the first place.

- Updated the /motd file to be more dynamic, now that we're on new system.
    Note: Video

View: https://youtu.be/s_o3Ta7zDJU

That's it for today, we will make sure everybody is in the right group on the forums, discord and in-game soon. And we will continue working on the new game modes, summer events, and the /menu.

I can't wait to publish more mcMMO videos in the coming days and complete season 01 of our mcMMO series. So make sure you're subscribed to youtube.com/mrfloris

There are also loads of new builds on the server, and I really want to enable my shaders and faithful resource pack and do a flyover or walk-through and show it off on youtube. Finish your builds, and invite me .. in a couple of days.

Should we do another build-weekend? I THINK SO! It's a wild-wild-west!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it Love it x 1
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  3. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    August 6th, 2019:

- Restarted the server to disable the network-debug tools. It seems that 2.6.4 is running just fine.

- Temporarily removed the ACID gamemode because it was causing too many java exception errors. Bug report has been published; we now wait for their developers to patch this issue, and we will try again.

- Finalized most things I wanted to do (at this stage) for the SKYBLOCK gamemode, I hope to find time with @Vloop and @the456gamer this week to try out features, and take note of their feedback/suggestions.

- (Temporarily?) Disabled the gamemode CHALLENGES feature, it's causing huge performance issues. It's certainly not ready for production servers.

- Removed a very old END CRYSTAL plugin from way back in the day, that we hackety-updated to 1.12, and kinda still worked in 1.13, but certainly won't work in 1.14. And replaced it with existing tools that we have. Not all the worlds are now protected, but /spawn, /general, /legacy, and /sanctuary are. Fingers crossed, I've spent 35 minutes testing and it seems to work as I desire it to be.

- Enabled the '1MB Gambling' feature again, we're going to properly test it for 1.13.2 now that they also have a 1.14.4 working version (so they claim).
    Note: We had issues with these slot machines in the past, we can't promise we will keep it. Maybe we just try to create a couple every now and then and let online players know where to find them.
    Note: If we have too many issues, we just uninstall it again and call it quits.

- Added '1MB Florist' to the /points shop.
    Note: For 60 points you can enable 2 minutes of server-wide Florist perk for every player, which changes bonemeal to Florist-bonemeal. And upon use, will place Flowers instead of Grass.
    Note: Video

View: https://youtu.be/AiyGQYcgQ4Y

- Updated the internal fingerprinting and packet detailing for '1MB Mods' feature, making it easier for us to detect non-vanilla clients and certain resource packs (that break our rules). We will auto-tag players and if we suspect blacklisted mods/resource packs, we will ban the user. Please connect with vanilla clients and whitelisted mods only.
    Note: Again, we are about fair-play. Anything that gives unfair advantage is blacklisted.

- Negated the worth permission, disabled the ess.worth feature and better-enabled the cmi.worth feature. Users can get worth data through /sell or by going to /warp shops and idle at the bedrock stone.

- Updated the /rules (and below thread) to include the Mojang Community Standards.
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/minecraft-rules.260946/

- Updated the /mine world /RTP configuration.
    Note: Thank you for reporting Paprikaatje!
    Note: RTP-ing in the temporary Mining resource world should fail less.

- Removed the /lotto command.

- Updated the /114 command slightly.

- Removed the Summer Wings feature, it is unstable and continuously errors.
    Note: Quite disappointed.

- Reminder! Did you know you have access to /spawnerinfo command?

Okay, I really want to live-stream on twitch.tv/mrpurmerend later today, so it's time for a break. Enough server maintenance for a day.

Enjoy the new Florist perk, the maintenance improvements, and sorry that we've updated our /rules again.

4. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    August 7th, 2019:

- Finalized internal testing for Skyblock, really ready now to get beta testers on by tonight.

- Fixed reported issues of the main game-mode engine allowing us to continue testing.

- Re-added ACID game-mode option, internal testing will start tomorrow.

- Minor tweaks to some of the Alias commands that we're using.

- Changes to upcoming cosmetic perks have been made, one step closer to making it public.

Small update today, but fighting a headache. I rather just play and live-stream hopefully, later tonight.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  5. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    August 8th, 2019:

- Restarted the server during beta testing.

- Internal private alpha for Skyblock has finished like I mentioned, and has been enabled for Acid, Cave, and Skygrid now.

- Internal private beta has finished for most things that doesn't involved actual gameplay, and we've tested it with a couple of team members and beta testers, and Skyblock with the456gamer (no other donator-players were online to help.

- We will invite some more players this weekend.

- I hope the internal testing for skyblock will finish and we will use the next few days to finalize the islands and phrasing, update the plugin to their latest build and go live after the weekend with Skyblock to most groups (starting with donators)

- I hope the public testing will soon happen for the other modes, starting with the team and beta group. Probably after the weekend too.

A few things that we seem to already kinda agree on and do:

Code:
    ** The world will perhaps reset after beta, when we go live.
    ** The world will not be pre-generated, islands come and go and we have a custom performance tweak plugin running to help out with this (testing looks : excellent)
    ** We will disallow most global features and their commands, but balance it against keeping a couple of features.
    ** The goal of these new four modes is to offer alternative survival that's a bit harder, bit different. While still trying to end up with some fancy looking islands.
    ** Example: We won't allow /trade, /sell, or even /tpa, to name a few. We will allow island warp (to visit other players), /shops, and mcMMO. These are just a few examples. And as always, things might change.
    ** We will have a handful of blue prints you can choose from, and yes, we will allow island reset. But you have to choose wisely. A reset means you lose your builds, your inventory, your team. You will be the owner, and responsible for your island and team. Pick the right island, team, and survive!
    ** There will be limits for things like placing hoppers, pistons, furnaces, and the size of your island-"space". Details will follow.

** We will clarify a bunch of stuff when we go live.

** Most of these features and/or limits will apply to acid, cave, skyblock, and skygrid.
    - The "Florist" Summer feature has a known issue: Buy it again, while it is active and you will pay the points, but it will say that it's already active. Be careful buying. We're talking to a developer for a fix.

- The "Florist" Summer feature had a known issue: Tall flowers were not actually tall. This has now been resolved!

- An internal issue with the jobs plugin (for a feature we weren't using yet) regarding material name differences between 1.12 and 1.13, has now finally been resolved (yet again.. sigh, stop changing it up guys, be consistent).

- Moderated account requests, 9/10 were bots, they were all declined! Guess our bot catcher has been working so far.

- The '1MB Shops' plugin has received an update, hopefully this introduces more stability.

Thursday is kinda my day off, mini vacation day, I might be gone for a while. Hence why this changelog is earlier than usual. You won't find me online much, if you have questions or need instant help, ask @Tidal @Vloop @Nix or other team members.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  6. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    August 9th, 2019:

- Moved forward with the 4 new gamemodes, and added some of their add-on features.
    Note: Won't be long until we add builders and donators, we run into some bugs and waiting for the developer to resolve those first.

- The personal feed fix command is now global, we can possibly adjust the /points -heal all- and include a -feed all- at no cost (soon)
    Note: If you have any other suggestions, please let us know.

- We noticed a unique situation where afk users could be 'negative' (bug reported to Mojang), but we fixed it through CMI who handles this better now.

- Hover-over messages that started with httpS would get http prefixed to it, this is now resolved, so some old commands that had bad links, should link properly again now.
    Note: If you click on a link and the page isn't loading: Don't forget to report that.

- There are fixes applied to CMI for handling the on-join MOTD (/motd) 'stuff'.
    Note: Faster, bigger, stronger, something.

- Handful of bungee stuff that we don't use got fixed, but indirectly had consequences for our custom plugin command. We might get some unexpected network desyncing or disconnecting happening now. If you notice weiiiiird behaviors or msgs in the in-game chat, please do report them. You might win a puppy!

- Hiding /1mb serverlist, "better", networks unlinked are automatically marked as invisible, and aren't visible (true) by default.

- Handful of other bug fixes through updating a handful of plugins, but most of the bugs we weren't having or experiencing. But I guess every bug squashed is one less thing to worry about. Thanks developers!

- Attempted to add greenhousing feature to gamemode worlds, but eh failed. Bug report issued.

- Attempted to add challenges feature to gamemode worlds, but caused problems, might have a fix, will try again soon!

- Drafts of threads have been created that help inform players about the skyblock stuff, in-game command for /worlds and /gamemodes will soon be 'public', with working links (drafts are in staff forums).

- Created a new Youtube playlist (besides the mcMMO / Minecraft ones) for old videos or random clips.
    Note: Quick Clips : Some random clips I didn't want to delete, and share instead!
    Note: Quick Clips : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAgWLDdkOWlo_vdr57yxaKMgJhZRbasj6
    Note: From the Box : Old videos that were once unlisted, and might turn up public now.
    Note: From the Box : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAgWLDdkOWlrt6kZ5lD6Tu4Wqitp0JYaZ

- When buying the 1MB Florist from /points, it will now queue the purchase if an existing one is there, so you won't lose your points.
    Note: It will also no longer say : perk is already active

- When using the 1MB Florist from /points, the tall flowers, are actually all there now
    Note: Rose bush, peony, lilac, sunflower. They are actually tall as well!

- Headsup: We are considering for (or near) 2020 to disable mob-grinding rewards for Hunting feature. We are still looking into disabling punishing for it (taking money instead of giving it) but maybe it will recognize continued grinding and stops paying out. If you have any opinion about this, feel free to discuss it with us in the Suggestion thread on the forum, or #Suggestion channel on Discord. This is about getting money for killing a mob - feature

Are you subscribed yet? Help us out with a like please <3 https://www.youtube.com/user/MrFloris/videos

7. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    August 11th, 2019:

- Restarted the server to apply some maintenance changes.

- Patched 1MB Core engine version 2.6.4 'final' with a 1.13.2 bug-report-fixes we found on Mojira

- Opened up the private beta testing to public beta testing for the Skyblock gamemode.
    Note: If you wish to 'test' please see this thread, and then ingame type: /menu skyblock
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/1mb-skyblock-information.261663/
    Note: Access to the public beta is limited (right now) to groups DONATOR and BUILDER.

- Internal alpha period for acid, cave, and skygrid have finished.

- Internal beta period for acid, cave, and skygrid have started.
    Note: We hope to complete testing and open another game mode up to the full team soon.

- The following bugs apply to the gamemode-engine, and directly or indirectly to skygrid, skyblock, acid and/or cave:
    Note: {
    Admin Settings command updated, or added where needed.
    Purge features added and/or updated.
    Reconsidering allowing use of /skyblock near (we will probably turn it off)
    Range permission now respected for finding nearby players
    main engine code improvements and null protection (error catching)
    Clean up chunks after a reset or deletion of island
    Improved greenhouse support (buggy feature, not part of gold-feature-set yet)
    Some file handling where underscores or spaces caused an issue
    Version and build handling is properly handled now (our network can sync now!)
    add-on 'stuff' merged from dev into test, from test into live server
    Overall performance improvements on chunk handling. Using sneaky 1.14 code in 1.13
    Greenhouse reverts properly now when it breaks apart.
    New option 'Adds level calculation on login' (yay)
    Improved top 10 island stuff, hopefully less buggy results.
    Fix for HangingPlaceEvent error (yes!)
    Locale hit error showing in-game is now fixed
    Ditched complete support for epicspawners because of obvious reasons
    Cobble-generator has a crash issue resolved (stop killing the server!)
    Most fixes applied to one gamemode, applied to all gamemodes,
    ^^ or made part of main engine for code efficiency.
    Island warp permissions were giving issues, these should be fixed now.
    }

- Skyblock: enderchests can be placed again, and should open properly again.

- Skyblock: Known issue: mobs spawn too much, we will have to better configure this to avoid abuse.

- Skyblock: Island limits on certain blocks is going to stay, the numbers might change, but we will probably have like x pistons, y hoppers, and z furnaces .. Stuff like that. The thread linked above might have some more info about that. You're always free to ask.

- Updated the 1MB Florist perk again to beta-test some new features.
    Note: Testing: More random, includes empty patches maybe? Bit smaller for precise work.

- 1MB Florist perk now decided to be 120 seconds instead of 60. We're sticking to that probably.

- 1MB Florist perk has a large fern in there now as well.

- 1MB Underwater-florist perk being tested, expanding grass with kelp and pickles.
    Note: And corals if Ben can get that to work. Once it's more complete/stable we will make it public.

- Age old permission issue with our 1MB Core engine has finally been identified after a few years. We just need to 'sort it out', which will take nearly half a day, or at least a day.

- Started project 'August Progress' for some (social) media stuff, such as Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Discord, Twitch, Youtube. Super secret stuff, ssssh.. Those who know 'know', if you don't: you don't knooow...

There were two more things that I've done yesterday, but I had to go and completely forgot to note them down in our internal system. After a rehash of the data when I got home, .. I .. realised .. my .. mistake .. And I just can't remember what I did earlier. SOrRy

Before I go, you following us on Twitch? Because we live-stream some behind the scenes stuff there every once in a while. https://twitch.tv/mrpurmerend

• Love it Love it x 1
  8. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    August 12th, 2019:

- Update to the '1MB Florist' perk.

- You can choose between /points --> 1MB Land Florist and 1MB Aquatic Florist.

- If you have 60 points, you can enable two minutes of global Florist perk.

- During those two minutes, land florist bonemeal will place flowers of all sorts, and tall ferns.

- Or, during those two minutes, aquatic florist bonemeal will place coral fans, pickles, and kelp if you use it underwater.

View: https://youtu.be/4PRZ7-v25GM

See you all tomorrow!

• Love it Love it x 1
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  9. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    August 16th, 2019:

- Hopefully resolved a few known issues with the /vote features.

- Hopefully resolved a few known issues with the /jobs features.

- Restarted the server to enable all the fixes from the last few days.

- Hopefully this weekend we enable /skyblock to all groups.

- Enabled the quad exp event for axes for the next 24 hours.
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/monthly-mcmmo-events.261544/

Have fun everybody.

10. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    August 18th, 2019:

- Welp, a plugin auto updated without permission and now the JOBS shop to get the party armor and silk touch 5 pick .. DOES NOT WORK
    * cries in diamonds *

I will work on that at some point in the future.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice