Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Connect today Guest, to explore, mine, build and survive.
    1MB is a public, family-friendly #minecraft survival server, version 1.13.2.
    We're small, but have a friendly face. Invite your friends and come play!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market,
    Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more.

Minecraft Changelog

Discussion in 'MineCraft' started by Floris, Jan 1, 2019.

1. OP
    Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    October 21st, 2019:

- Restarted the server to activate some pending maintenance changes.

- Fixed a small issue with a teleport feature.
    Note: packets should be handled slightly better now.

- Lowered the price of storing your exp in bottles using dragon breathe.
    Note: It has been $100, we've set the new price to $80.
    Note: /warp enchant (on the left, the bedrock block in the hut)
    Note: I think that Tidala's dragon breathe shop is back in stock as well.
    Note: And I think there's a dragon again in the /end world.

- Disabled an old trick to store all your exp at once in a bottle.
    Note: Sorry, we no longer want players to use this trick.

- Updated the OMGboards.com forum structure.
    Note: Created new sub-forums for Support Tickets, Ban-Appeals, Events.
    Note: Some content has been moved around.

- Updated the top notice on the OMG forums in the Minecraft category
    Note: Easier to find big blue buttons, hard to miss now..

- The rules have been updated with a new section (ban-appeals). These are not old rules, they're just made public due to changes to the forum layout. (last post in the below thread)
    https://omgboards.com/threads/minecraft-rules.260946/

- Added a custom RPG/MMO recipe to obtain Ink Sac
    Note: Mix up the colors, to get black.
    Note: Include a cauldron to mix it in.
    Note: And a painting for the ink.
    Note: This is a shaped recipe, it requires these items, in this shape:
    Screenshot 2019-10-21 at 06.25.17.png

- Fixed an issue with 'smiley blocks', making placing and breaking of blocks a bit funny.
    Note: Thanks for reporting everybody!

- Found about 4 npc villages with /rtp in /general that were completely broken. Old 1.8 and 1.12 and 1.13 generation caused issues. I've restored them to their 1.13.2 generated version. They're all pretty again!

- Applies some light-fixing to various places that are visited recently a lot by players. Making sure light levels etc are showing correctly the best they can.

- For the limits issue on acid, cave, skygrid, and skyblock. If you run into one, give me a poke. I can now much easier re-calculate the limits of your island in those game modes. Making miscalculations hopefully going away as they buggily occur from time to time.

- Updates to the Discord channel has sort of completed, we're already making plans for November and December, and a final tweak for 2020. Any suggestions? let us know!

- Some Skyblock features were limited to the island owner. Or requires the island owner to remain online. We've further expanded this so this isn't s 100% requirement anymore.

- Skyblock BIOME Beta feature is live, /menu skyblock and you can choose this. It shoooould work better than the other day.

- Skyblock Challenges Beta feature is live to all groups now. /menu skyblock and you can choose it. Some silly issues are still there, but we've made minor changes. More to come! If you have any suggestions for skyblock challenges, let us know!

- /achievements has received a slight update, by the way; have you finished all the achievements yet? let me know!

- I've been berserking all day. I no longer have an issue with cracking stone bricks into cracked stone bricks.

- Slight price adjustments on a handful of waste-items through /sell, averaging out the balance between them ever so slightly.

- We want to raise the price of emeralds on the server, any suggestions? Contact me in private to discuss it!

- We've enabled Worth feature to all players. You can also go to /warp shops, there's a 'worth bedrock' block there.
    Note: You can hold an item and type: /worth, it will tell you how much it thinks it's worth on the server.
    Note: You can type: /worth all, and it will tell you how much all the items are were you to /sell them.
    Note: Yes, the value of /warp shop ->worth block, or /worth, or /sell, are all the same.
    Note: You think a price is too high or too low, compared to other blocks? Let us know! Make suggestions.

Phew! Another big list :)

Did you see yesterday's update? You can vote and with /charlie you can see how close you get to spawning Charlie the Pinata at /warp charlie. There's also a surprise there for the observing players that like to explore.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  2. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    October 22nd, 2019:

- Restarted the server to free up some memory.

- We had an issue with gravity again, the restart also fixed this.

- Updated the OMG sub-forum Minecraft notice at the top again, all the buttons are there.

- Upped the Skyblock limit of 3 villagers to 10 max, this should help with a skyblock challenge.

- Fixed a few typing errors on Discord.

Looking for something fun to do? Try to find this untouched temple and be the first to raid it's loot.
    Screenshot 2019-10-22 at 15.04.32.png

Last edited: Oct 22, 2019
  3. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    October 24th, 2019:

- Took the servers on the local network offline to do some kernel patching to the OS.

- Halloween Event: Some active players doing certain actions will find themselves with some Halloween themed Suffix behind their name above their head. Ask your friend if you have one, post it to our /discord!

- Fixed a silly bug with Cave and Acid worlds.

- Went through 50 todo items to get a better idea what to do in November.

- Beta tested the 1MB Sapling. Did you see the livestream?
    Note: Video
    https://youtube.com/mrfloris/live

Have a lovely day. Don't forget to hug a creeper.

4. OP
    Floris

Threads:
  5. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    October 29th, 2019:

- The Trick and Treat event is still going! Don't miss out :) Go knock on those doors!
    Note: we have 50 doors, 36 types of treats variations, and about a dozen silly fun tricks.

- Restarted the server to fix a memory leak issue that thought it was funny, but we showed it who's boss.
    Note: Thank you for reporting the issue ender_vine!

- Some might have noticed! Difficulty in the Halloween Dimension was adjusted to easy.
    Note: Three days ago: from hard to normal. Yesterday from Normal to Easy.
    Note: We've told the phantoms to stay home now.

- Optifine mod?
    Note: We like shaders, we like resource packs, we like our builds, we like old computers still running Minecraft.
    Note: We do not like particle lag, heavy memory eating feature, etc. Optifine is a whitelisted mod to help with running shaders and tweaking your MC experience. Get it from the Official site though.
    Note: Mods that give an unfair advantage is against our /rules.

- Resource pack?
    Note: We do not have an 1MB Resource pack, we leave it up to the player to have the most fun on their own system.
    Note: Personally I use Faithful 32x sometimes, or some Vanilla Tweaks selected things.
    Note: Resource packs that give an unfair advantage is against our /rules.

- Shader pack?
    Note: We recommend BSL 7.1 from their official website. It comes with loads of settings to tweak it to your systems' performance for the best experience.
    Note: Other packs we like are Sildurs and SEUS. I am on BSL the most myself.
    Note: Shaders that give an unfair advantage is against our /rules.

Show us your awesome screenshots :)

6. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    October 31st, 2019:

Last day of the Month, almost time to dust off the old November todo list and continue Autumn Updates again. But here's what's been pending an update for now. Maintenance!

### HEADS UP : Server will be OFFLINE for a few hours (hopefully shorter, not longer) as electricians are replacing old fashioned boxes with modern ones ###

- Updated internal quest list, something something for the future.

- Made further preparations towards 1.14 and 1.15 support. Every bit now helps upgrading later I guess.

- Fixed issues with enchantment books and a few plugins, less empty books now too I hope.

- Caught a user abusing a GUI interface, we've had a chat in private, and took all their items. You can start over again and please don't play unfair. Next time you're being naughty it's a perm ban.
    Note: And that bug has been fixed.

- Another bug fix: Jobs exp/points/money calculations are more accurate.

- Fixed a bug with the Jobs feature that let people earn money illegally. When we're done scanning the log files those who abused it obviously can expect a perm ban. Want to avoid a perm ban? Talk to me in private before November 5th.

- The jobs interface now has option to also leave a job, not just join one.

- Merged Core and CMI and Jobs and other interfaces into 1 library set, speeding up loading, caching, material comparing etc. Also fixes many issues many plugins have as a whole.

- Introducing item boosting, that's all I can say. As a player you won't notice, but it's there.

- The Worth of items is now handled better, more accurate, and easier for the player ingame to deal with.

- Bunch of typo fixes, sigh there are so many. Thank you for reporting ender_vine!

- Much improvements on the holograms, we can start using them again now.

- Added 0.025 ms cooldown to all commands, this way we can track auto clickers more accurately and catch macro, repeaters, auto clickers and auto perm ban them. Note that unfair gameplay will result in non-appealable perm bans. Stop being stupid, play fair, have some patience.

- Improvements to the PING command are being tested, once we're happy we will make it available to all groups in November.

- Cuffed, muted, and jailed players will soon learn how to play nice, we will start testing our jail system the coming months. Be nice, don't get caught in a jail.

- Nickname stealing is no longer possible. Meaning we might introduce them in early 2020 'for funsies' under rare conditions.

- And about 25 more behind the scenes changes that also hardly make any sense, but they're there!

- Slowing down on the Halloween event today, things will slowly go back to normal on November 1st.

Have fun going to /halloween today and knock empty handed on some doors for some trick/treating - it's a shame to miss out on all the items.

7. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    November 1st, 2019:

- Heads-up, later today there will be maintenance to the electricity, and we will be offline for a bit longer.

- Turned the server off to work on some maintenance.

- Ended the Halloween Month.

- /perk updates because of the end of Halloween
    Note: Pumpkin balloon: We keep it
    Note: Bat Blaster: Removed
    Note: Trampoline: Added
    Note: Miniature Ghost: Removed
    Note: Miniature Witch: We keep it
    Note: Zombie Morph: Removed
    Note: Horse: Infernal Horror: Removed
    Note: Vampire Wings: We keep it

- We will have some Thanksgiving /perk items soon!

- Players who earned a cosmetic perk will receive it soon.

- Turned the server back on.

- Started preparations for the Thanksgiving Month, which will start at some point during October.

- Reset the Discord channel names to what they were before the event.

- Updated some in-game commands like /halloween, /thanksgiving, /event, etc.

- Removed all the Halloween-guests from the Halloween Dimension.

- Disabled access to the Halloween Dimension.

- Reset /spawn, /general, /end, /nether, and /mine difficulty to NORMAL.

- Spawned the ender-dragon in the /end
    Note: You want the dragon? Give me a shout, I don't mind spawning it back in.

I hope everybody had fun in November with the Halloween Month!

8. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    November 4th, 2019:

- Restored the Discord channels to their original glory.

- Added a background images to the Discord Invite page.

- Replaced the Piggy icon with the Animated Fox icon.

- Set the Audio Quality of the General voice chat channel to 128kbps.

- Heads-up: Discord Purge 2019 will happen December 31st, 2019.
    Note: Meaning, no-role users who haven't said something in 30 days get kicked.

- The Halloween 2019 Top Skins we've picked are: Tidala, Fr33_S0ul, and xTientjex.
    Note: Congrats!

- We're slowly working on the Thanksgiving Events this month.
    Note: First event will be Thanksgiving mcMMO Weekend:
    Note Schedule: Friday evening double exp on all skills, until
    Note: Schedule: Saturday 24 hours triple exp for mining skill, until
    Note: Schedule: Sunday double exp on all skills, until monday morning.

- Due to Vloop's travels and change of life he decided to take a step back from the team as community helper. This allows him to focus on being a player on the server when he does have the free time.

- Further Thanksgiving Event preparations have been made.

- Jobs plugin had a maintenance update, we've applied it.

- Server restarted for various reason.

Thank you all for having fun playing on the server, invite a friend, make it even more fun?

9. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    November 8th, 2019:

- Took the server offline due to some Operating System issue.
    Note: I did not have a fun evening. Sorry for the downtime.

Meh.

10. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    November 10th, 2019:

- Fixed an issue with the server being unreachable to a portion of US players.
    Note: Talk about waking up to strange issues! Thanks for reporting Tidala.

- Players whose builder group expired, and have been reset to default:
    Note: Drahkay, hilaireofastora, Entangled, SeRankt, teh_red_fox.

- General maintenance to some reported typing errors and small issues.

Have a lovely weekend!

11. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    November 11th, 2019:

Quite a bunch, I'd read it through to get a free mending book.

- The '1MB Perk' feature had an update, starting with general maintenance and code clean-up.

- Some of the servers had issues with the Perk Music feature, but this has been addressed too.

- Sometimes when you die you'd still have the item (doubled) in your inventory. Hopefully this is fixed now.

- The '1MB Jobs' feature had an update, starting with general code improvements and overall maintenance.

- Sometimes updating the Jobs Signs would cause quite a bit of load on the server, this should be fixed now.

- Database conversion apparently didn't go too smoothly, I believe we've rolled back and will try again.

- Improvements to the Jobs daily Quests, I think in 2020 we can start introducing this feature to all groups.

- The '1MB Core' and CMI features have received updates, numerous maintenance and performance improvements.

- Per player/group/rank enchantment levels should be possible now, and should provide less issues. #2020

- Sometimes when you updated your skin it wasn't recognized, hopefully it shows faster now.

- Idle bossbar messages didn't go away, I think we figured out why.

- If a player is muted, and the server would restart, they would no longer be muted. This should be fixed now.

- Some commands had issues with tab-completes, hopefully we've caught a few more and fixed these.

- Active players with a rank higher than builder will automatically be added and removed to internal maintenance/whitelist/full list as a perk to gain access to beta testing, and obvious stuff like that.

- I think we now have /kitpreview <kitname>, I haven't tested this yet.

- Hover-over msgs could be screwed up, I should probably test this now. haha.

- Safe teleportation should be more accurate now and give less false positives. Yay math.

- Improvements to internal staff balance top command vs public player balance top command.

- Sometimes players would list twice with 'playtimetop', this should be fixed now.

- Item information option has been improved and is now more detailed.

- We use an internal conditional 'ifonline', and had issues with this, this should be fixed now.

- Removed some old players from groupmanager who didn't convert properly to unique UUID.

- If you made it this far in the changelog, come online and type: /mail send mrfloris 79sfnwo290changelog', to receive a mending book. (Valid for the next 72 hours)

- Start double exp for mcMMO for the week.

Quite a bit of changes, and hopefully more to follow. We're excited about 2020 and the Thanksgiving event.

12. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    November 13th, 2019:

- Enabled /clock command to all groups.
    Screenshot 2019-11-13 at 19.09.03.png

- Fix for offline players' displayname when saving data.

- Fixes to /warp system

- Made the @mention option in-game more dynamic.
    Note: We haven't made any real changes as of yet.

Small update, but every update counts. I had fun playing survival instead of doing maintenance :P

13. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    November 15th, 2019:

- Changed the /rules from 'all ages' to '13 and up'.
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/minecraft-rules.260946/#post-758783

Youtube requires us to mark our live-streams and content as 'not for kids', and so does Discord, and social media platforms, etc. Our forum already has a minimum age, and despite my personal opinion regarding this topic, it's just 'easier' for us to become 13+.

We're not a registered company creating content or offering a game server where we commercially exploit players etc. So this isn't going to be a hard rule we will enforce anyway, if you're currently under the age of 13, I am sure you will get older eventually.

14. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    November 17th, 2019:

- Server restarted to free up some memory and activate some changes for 1MB 2.6.6.

- Fixed a dupe issue with mcMMO.

- "You have mail" message will show a bit later after logging in, helping it become more visible.

- Testing /distance, allowing certain groups in the future to find other players easier, or calculate distance between blocks.

- Bunch of other small improvements.

Where's everybody?

15. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    November 21st, 2019:

- Restarted the server to activate some pending maintenance.

- I've done some generic maintenance. Small tweaks here and there.

16. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    November 28th, 2019:

Happy Thanksgiving everybody

- This month the server had Turkeys in all the worlds, you can recognize them because they say Gobble gobble.

- The Thanksgiving event has started, it lasts about 24 hours.
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/all-they-turkeys-escaped.261759/

- If you catch all 25 turkeys, you gain temporary access to explore land nobody's ever seen before.
    Note: Like a pilgrim, you can /fly and explore new land for the next 24 hours.

- To celebrate thanksgiving, we've enabled QUAD exp for all skills for the next 24 hours.

See you all on the server :)

Headsup: Christmas is going to be fun! Starting december 1st if everything goes ok. Schedule time daily for a few minutes to be on the server to not miss out.

• Love it Love it x 1
  17. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    November 29th, 2019:

That was fun! Thank you all for playing the Thanksgiving Event!

- Shutdown the server to end the November events and do basic maintenance.

- Archived a few event worlds from this year to clean things up.

- Pruned log files up until April 1st, 2019.

I can't believe it's almost December!

18. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice