Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Connect today Guest, to explore, mine, build and survive.
    1MB is a public, family-friendly #minecraft survival server, version 1.15.2.
    We're small, but have a friendly face. Invite your friends and come play!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market,
    Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more.

Minecraft Changelog

Discussion in 'MineCraft' started by Floris, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    This is the new changelog for the year 2020, an archive of the year 2019 can be found here.

2. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 1st, 2020:

Welcome to the new year, I hope everybody has a healthy and happy 2020.

- We're live on Minecraft 1.15.1, enjoy.
    Note: We welcome players who bought their own account from Minecraft.net, use the official vanilla launcher and the official vanilla client. It's not allowed to break the Mojang EULA, or to use 'hack' clients and mods.
    Note: Java edition Minecraft Server: 1moreblock.com on port 25565.
    Note: 1MB is now at version 2.7.0, and our server version is 1.15.1.

- Reset the 'theme' channels on Discord back to their normal appearance.
    Note: Discord server address: https://discord.gg/KzTDhxv

- Archived some 2019 Discord channels, and created fresh empty ones.

- Re-shuffled the order of the Discord channels, removing a couple, and adding a couple.

- Updated the /rules now that we're on 1.15.1 and in the new year, starting with a reminder that abusing unintentional behavior of the game to create uncoded game mechanics, is still not allowed. For example: 0tick / afk-fishing.
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/260946/

- Updated the information about donating to the server. It's still possible, and we're looking forward to your support. What we removed is the option to become a 'blue' player.
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/261543/

- Restarted the server to fix some visual glitches with blocks appearing as ores and such.
    Note: Thank you for reporting everybody.

- Expanded the world border for the /end world to 2500 x 2500.

- Pre-generated the new chunks in the /end world.

- Added a new /uwu world, exclusive to globug100 who won it in our giveaway.
    Note: The world is open to others, to explore.
    Note: Allowing others to build in there is at globug's discretion.

- Right clicking empty handed on a bee hive/nest on the ground, or in your hand will disclose how many bees are in there (if any).

- 1.13.2 features such as /pvp and /market, are all restored, as are most of the worlds. There's still features being tested before we make them live again.

- 1.13.2 features such as Tic Tac Toe and Walk the Plank has been removed, their developers have not continued their product for 1.14 or 1.15, if they ever do we might reconsider again.
    Note: The /run game is still there!

- Known issues: Stuff we're trying to work on.
    Note: 1MB Fishing will return, it currently does not work; we're attempting to convert data over. It will be an updated version with big changes.
    Note: 1MB Fun will return, it currently has a database issue; we're attempting to keep the score data, hopefully we will see some silly questions again with fun rewards. Any suggestions for rewards? Contact 1MBNetwork (roberto)
    Note: 1MB Gift will return, hopefully. We have some issues with material names that are hard coded. And the developer has yet to communicate with us. If needed, we might try to find an alternative. Any 'gifts' pending we will manually convert (sorry for the wait).

- A very annoying known issue: RED COMMANDS, that still work!
    Note: Yes, *cries in diamonds*, we have commands like /home and /warp that we use a lot which show in red, and I have spent hours trying to figure out why this is going wrong. All I can say is that we're aware, and trying to work on fixing this.

- Where are we with 1.15.1 actually?
    Note: We're live. We have been working on 1.15.1 since Mojang's early snapshots, which with each release came with one or two performance issues and bug fixes that would have prevented us from upgrading. We're right now on 1.15.1 stable, and it runs pretty stable. The client-side performance stuff seems to be very reasonable. And server-side we run without many glitches.
    Note: Our core set of features all appear to work. We've been testing them throughout December internally. And in the last week of December with players that were able to get online. Things are fine, we went live.

- Are the temporary worlds reset?
    Note: Yes, as always, when there's news of a new version it's always smart to move your items out of the temporary worlds. For with each update any temporary world gets reset. We've done this for nearly a decade now. We will never delete permanent worlds such as /legacy or /general.

- Are voting rewards getting changed?
    Note: Yes. The concept of vote tokens will be removed in 2020 at some point. Who told you this?
    Note: Voting for the server will continue, more news about this as Mojang updates.

- More or better 1.15.1 support coming?
    Note: Yes. We're at the stage where we run live, we've converted from 1.13.2. We're now ready to keep plugins up to date and rebuild configuration files, add missing material names, etc. Throughout this year our setup will better support 1.15.1.

- There was news about mcMMO getting a big update in January?
    Note: Indeed. Now that we've converted the Classic 1.6 version to 1.15.1, we're ready to take the next step with Overhaul 2.1 for 1.15.1. It's time to change things up with mcMMO

- A helper told me permissions are going to change in 2020?
    Note: Correct, we have legacy permissions lingering that need to get removed, and we need to fine-tune what players from certain groups could/should do or shouldn't do. Once a week or maybe just once a month, we will tackle a handful and gradually balance out the player permissions.

- Grief protection update?
    Note: Sure, while you're asking let's talk about this. Normally we do not. Grief is NOT allowed, it never will be. If you didn't place or make it, don't break or take it. Pretty simple to understand. We log ALL player actions, from adding/taking from containers to placing water and killing a parrot with a sword. Any abuse is not tolerated, and we sanction accounts. What we log has a limit, for example 48 months, and over the last few years Mojang's engine has grown rather large. And so has our databases. We've been purging data back to 40 months.. 35 months.. And are now in 2020, with a cut-off date of July 2018. I think it's fairly reasonable to say that if someone hasn't been online for over a year, and hasn't reported a potential grief from a year or older, that it's not such a big deal at this point. I'd love to keep track, it's just harder and harder.
    Note: Starting 2020 we will purge data older than 12 month. Please report problems with players and/or builds, such as grief, theft, etc. as soon as possible.

- Re-enabled greeting points. If someone joins the server and you mention their name you will receive a few points. It's back!

- We're looking for 1.14 and 1.15 death messages. If you see a player die and you think their death message could be updated to something more 1.15.1 or fun: contact us!

- The 1MB Jobs configurations have been reset for 1.15.1 - after two years we've reset to basically the default and hope the plugin is rather modern by now. This means certain values have changed, certain features behave differently, and certain commands or menus act or appear different. We hope for the better and not for the worse. Let us know!

- Cosmetics perks (/perk) will return, we're waiting for the developer to fix 1 more bug.

- The /skyblock (acid,cave,skygrid) worlds 'work', but with issues. We're aware and were informed bug fixes are coming in the first week of January. We will patiently wait and after that will work on any errors that are left over.

- Because of 1.14 and 1.15, we now have new /achievements, make sure you get them all! :)

- The 1MB /menu has been updated. We've made it ready for 1.15.1 and removed some stuff that we no longer use, or added new things that work now.

- The mcMMO menu inside /menu has received an update. This is a medium-state as I usually call this. It works, but it's not it's final form. You can click on the 2nd diamond axe to see the new menu!

- A second backup for saving enderchests and inventories has been tested for a few weeks now, it seems to be doing okay. Once in a blue moon we had players with suddenly empty inventories (probably lag related world switches) and now have improved save-points, but also this plan-b backup that we can use to compare. This is also a backup system to have a second pair of eyes on item duping. This allows now to automatically perm ban players who create actions to dupe items.

- Players who are inactive for six months or more, will automatically downgrade from builder group to default group.

- Community helpers who are inactive for six months or more, will automatically downgrade from their helper rank.

- Ban appeals will be more actively ignored and meant only to appeal when the staff member has made an obvious error in judgement or banned the wrong person by mistake.

- Players with a temporary ban of any type have been unbanned today (if you're still banned and it was a temporary ban, please contact me on the forums)

- Players with a perm ban of any type are obviously still banned, the option to appeal has expired. Please find another place to play.

- /logs/ directory has been cleaned up. Any archived log file has been moved to our backup archive. Any log file prior to July 1st, 2019 has been purged.

- The -live- version of 1MB 2.6.x for Minecraft 1.13.x has been marked 'retired', rolling back as an option has now been removed. We're sticking to 1MB 2.7.x for Minecraft 1.15.1.

- Reminder: We have a fun little server that's family friendly, for players of the age of 13 and up. We have people from all around the world of all ages. This means we want everybody to be civil, use their common sense, speak English, and have fun playing for the following reasons: gameplay, and community. Toxic behaviour and bending the rules, trolling, and unfair gameplay is not within the spirit of this community and it's at our discretion who we let in to play.

- Reminder: This is a hobby, and I try my best to make it work for everybody, while keeping to the original reason we started the server in 2011. At the same time staying flexible and modern still in 2020. To stay up to date you're getting these changelogs every once in a while. They are overwhelming, but I strongly believe it's better than just shutting up and sharing the information after the fact without the option to communicate. Criticism and constructive feedback is as welcome as compliments and smiles. But it's the player their responsibility to read the information we make available to stay current and have the best gaming experience.

- MVP 2019 and statistics are announced;
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/mvp-rewards-statistics.261773/

See you guys online, thank you for playing in 2019.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 2nd, 2020:

Ugh, everybody has to go back to school, work, etc. Holiday season really is over. Pout. Thankfully we can play in the evening hours and the weekends right? See you online soon. If you don't want to read all this text below, the big update today is protection support for placed items from 1.14 and 1.15.

- We had 0 inactive members to purge on Discord.
    Note: Next round will be at some point in February.

- Heads-up: In 1.15.1 it is very easy to manipulate villagers, mending books for example have become worthless, trade accordingly.

- Expanded the /end and /nether worlds borders to 3000 by 3000

- Pre-generated the /end and /nether world chunks to fill to the world borders.

- Expanded the /mine world-borders to 2500 by 2500.

- Pre-generated the /mine world to fill to the border.
    Note: Please let us know if you find any issues.

- Updated /warp nether|end|mine to end up on the same spot as /nether, /end, and /mine.
    Note: Than you the456gamer for reporting this.

- Known issue: We cannot get the /gift command from 1.13.2 to work in 1.15.1 as mentioned yesterday. We've for now suggest to exchange items through /trade.

- Updated the 1MB Region plugin, improving 1.15.1 support.

- Updated the 1MB Chunk editing plugin, improving 1.15.1 support.

- Updated the 1MB Shops plugin, fixing a few tiny 1.15.1 reported issues.

- Purged internal rollback/grief data prior to September 1st, 2018 (9 million records)

- Added 1.14 and 1.15 materials to the automatic protection list.
    Note: You place it, it's locked.
    Note: You can manually lock with: /lock
    Note: You can manually unlock with: /unlock
    Note: You can add a friend to a lock with: /cmodify friendName
    Note: The list: chests and shulker boxes, furnaces, tables (bench, fletch, cartography, smithing), dispenser, dropper, signs, jukebox, hopper, beacon, anvils, doors, trapdoors, gates, armor stands, item frames, paintings, barrel, composter, grindstone, lectern, loom, smoker, stonecutter, bell, campfire, bee nest and hive, and all banners.

- Players can now share books in lectern in a safe manner; /cdonation
    Note: First unlock the lectern, and then turn it into a donation lectern. It will be then still be locked, and they can read the book in it, or place one in it. But they cannot take the book or break the lectern.
    Note: Added /lectern command in-game, linking to the below thread with additional information
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/261776/

- Updated 1MB Async features for smoother and faster task processing.

- Fixed a missing sound in /achievements

- Took note of various issues reporting during server startup that are left over. Contacted developers.

- Updated the 1MB Permissions manager plugins to their latest versions to fix some 1.15.1 bugs.

- Added missing World border API for better Skygrid/skyblock/cave/acid support.

- Turned off Metrics for a few plugins that forced it back on (naughty naughty)

- Updated internal 'upgrade to 1.15 roadmap' documentation to get a better overview of loose ends.

- Fixed a version mismatch with one of the essentialsx plugins.

- Signs extended to 5 per type on skyblock, skygrid, acid and cave.

- I think I fixed the Skyblock Greenhouse recipe for FOREST by changing rose_red to red_dye.

- I think I fixed the limit for MOOSCHROOM now being mushroomcow for skyblock, skygrid, cave and acid. I cannot test this until next week.

- Additional organizing of legacy data, information, worlds, resources, etc. Oof, so much.

- Preparing for tomorrow's maintenance, making sure everything keeps running smoothly.

- Deleted some 1.12 archives, and very early on 1.13 archives. Poof, they're gone.

- Updated the 1MB Shell scripts internally, making sure the headers, footers, and #comments are all as they should be.

- Updated the /warp bee community build area with newer 1.14 and 1.15 blocks
    Note: Thanks to the help of player Vloop!
    Note: We're looking for a creative builder who'd love to help spice up an area with new blocks, contact 1MBNetwork on Discord please (his name is Roberto).

There we go, another long list, worth six hours of my time. Hopefully everybody will enjoy the smooth 1.15.1 gameplay and protection updates. Looking forward to your feedback on how the server runs for you when you play.

Thank you for playing and sticking around in 2020, you're all pretty awesome people.

4. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 3rd, 2020:

- Created a new Spigot 1.15.1 jar and patched it with the latest 1MB Network version.

- Restarted the server to activated any maintenance done.

- Expanded the /mine world-border to 5000 by 5000

- Pre-generated the /mine world to fill it up for performance reasons.

- Updated a couple of plugins to address minor 1.15.1 bugs.

Have fun playing. Oh, we might have a solution for /gift soon - testing this weekend.

5. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 4th, 2020:

Time to give /skyblock and cosmetics some attention.

- Updated mcMMO to fix an issue with ptp.

- Updated 1MB Builders features to fix an issue in the /builders world.

- Updated World Edit tools to address some reported issues.

- Upgraded the plugins responsible for /skyblock, /skygrid, /cave and /acid.
    Note: If you notice any issues, please do report.

- Updated 1MB NPC related plugins to improve performance.

- New version of Spigot 1.15.1 is out, we've compiled it again.

- Restarted the server with changes.

- Re-added 1MB Perk feature and testing it.
    Note: Let me know if you have any issues with: /perk

- Removed the holiday season 'santa claus miniature perk and reindeer mount /perk.

- Decided to keep the emerald balloon and trampoline gadget as /perk

- Actively working on a way to get 1.13.2 gifts into the 1.15.1 world without data loss.

- The Suggestion thread on the forums and the #Suggestion channel on Discord are open for business.
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/suggestion-box-bug-reports.261771/

- Removed legacy worlds from the 1MB Worlds management file that were no longer going to be used.

- 1MB Death now better supports 1.14 and 1.15 deaths.

- Heads-up, /warp shops owned by players who haven't been active for over six months will start to expire, to avoid the risk of losing items, please keep active.

I am a bit short on time, but we've been running smoothly yesterday, so I felt it was okay to start maintenance again today. Completing what I started hopefully in the coming days.

6. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 5th, 2020:

Thank you all for your patience with the performance of the servers as we're constantly doing maintenance to millions of chunks. When we notice someone's online we pause these tasks.

- Expanded the /end world-border to 5000 by 5000

- Chunks have been pre-generated.

- Expanded the /nether world-border to 5000 by 5000

- Chunks have been pre-generated.

- Updated the 1MB Jobs feature, fixing reported issues with 1.15.1
    Note: Better handling of bee hive, bee nest, and new material names stuff.
    Note: Performance improvements for chunk handling.
    Note: And a handful of other handy fixes.
    Note: If you notice any issues, please do report back.

- Updated the 1MB Placeholders related plugins, fixing a few 1.15.0 and 1.15.1 issues.
    Note: Spot a missing placeholder? please do report back.

- Restarted the server to activate queued maintenance stuff.

Have fun with Minecraft 1.15.1, you have all been saying for a year how much you were looking forward to 1.14 and 1.15. I hope we have such a smooth transition to 1.16 when we can.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  7. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 6th, 2020:

Typical maintenance update, nothing important really. Just improvements to help everybody. Don't forget to read the 2020 rules!

- Purged support for anything 1.12.2 in the 1MB 2.7.0 core plugins/code/scripts, etc.
    Note: I mean, we will never go back to 1.12.2 and any old 1.12.2 server or map will be converted to 1.13.2 before being moved to 1.15.1 anyway.

- Updated all the internal shell scripts to fully support 1.13.2, 1.14.4 and 1.15.1 servers running alongside eachother.
    Note: We've let admins know that when the Spring season starts, we will ditch 1.13.2 and 1.14.4 support completely.

- Obtained latest buildtools and used it to create the latest --rev for 1.15.1 of Spigot.
    Note: Was required, so we could patch it with the latest 1MB Core stuff.

- All this technical stuff you don't care about as a player, just letting you know we're working hard behind the scenes on giving you the best game experience we can provide, instead of a sluggish 1.15 experience. We try at least. Yay for improvements right?

- Updated the 1MB Async features again, certain performance issues should disappear now, allowing us to work on bigger chunks of the world without it affecting the player' experience.

- Updated Charlie the Pinata to better support 1.15.1 and we will soon add some fun things, anybody have any suggestions for some loot it should drop when you hit it, or when you give it the final blow?

- We've enabled automatic detection of 0tick farms to all groups. If you have any: please refrain from using them. Note please that we will break them on sight and give you an infraction at the least. Thanks for understanding.

- The /gift replacement isn't working as desired yet, we're still setting things up, but we're making progress. Hopefully the developer has time (soon) to make the 'sendmore' feature, right now it just works with the items you're holding in your hand (slow and boring if you ask me).
    Note: We have a way now to get old 1.13 gifts into 1.15, I just need a few hours of free time to realise this.

- The 1MB PlanB inventory backup feature had an update fixing automatic purging on sqlite databases, so we wwill flush the data since nobody reporting any issues, and let it start fresh. Nice and tidy!

- Updated a couple of plugins to fix typing errors and other very minor things. But every bit helps I guess.

- Small heads-up if Mojang decides to share with us there's a 1.15.2 version coming, that we will try to upgrade to it if we feel comfortable. And as always: if there's a new version we might rebuild the temporary worlds. So keep your eyes on those releases.

Whooo what a weekend :) Monday feelings much? Shake them off, get a friend and come online tonight and have fun playing. We are! :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 7th, 2020:

A lot has been done behind closed doors to help the server this year. Nothing much we can share in regards to that.

- Completed chunk generation and chunk checking in the permanent worlds.

- Made further preparations for the upcoming bigger 1.15 changes.

- Updated a few smaller plugins that we use that had performance improvements.

- Made a few private JIRA tickets with Mojang regarding some concerns with chunk loading.

- Identified a startup lag spike issue and have contacted the developers to address this.

- More internal tools that we used in the past are now upgraded to support 1.15.x we're testing those.

Sorry for not posting this last night, it was literally 2 minutes past midnight, so I waited until I had time instead of rush it. So yes, the 7th is posted on the 8th. Life is like that sometimes.

9. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 8th, 2020:

Small update today, I have a huge offline todo list and just wanted to play some Minecraft instead of working on making things run smoothly.

- Restarted the server with the latest successful tested stuff.

- Expanded the /mine world world-border for the last time.
    Note: It's now at 7500 by 7500 around it's spawn point.
    Note: Chunks have been pre-generated.

- The MVP Trophies have been delivered at the /warp vloop and /warp tidal for collection.
    Note: Congratulations again Vloop and Tidala for being MVP 2019.

- Removed a lot of completed and tested items from my internal todo list. The next step is to pick something to complete on the server and focus on that in week two, rather than fix upgrade stuff.

See you guys online, have fun with all the new blocks and items, I can't wait to see what you build with it. Show us with screenshots on Discord, on the forum through the top 'post a screenshot' button, or maybe share a youtube video.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 9th, 2020:

Oof, feeling groggy today. Taking it easy.

- Some plugins give version check errors due to Spigot turning off legacy api. Worked on this for a while, including contacting developers, and what not. Nothing that affects players, it's just annoying for me on the backend of things.

- Started prepping a better system for regular 'manual' backups.
    Note: We auto backup constantly, I wish I had the resources for a perfect system. Any sponsors out there? :)

- Moved -live- server to final version of 1MB 2.7.0 for Spigot 1.15.1.
    Note: This is what we consider the stable winter 2019 version.

- Moved -test- server to be a clone of the -live- server, allowing me to test upcoming (bigger) changes.
    Note: This is not a public server, any beta testers will get invited when I need testing done.

- Created a new -dev- server for world generation so I can test individual changes in an isolated environment.

- Any previous version of -test- and -dev- have now been purged, no archives have been kept.

- Moved 1MB Tip from older 1.8 plugin to newer system. Allowing us to do more with it, without needing another plugin.
    Note: 50% completed, next step will be taken in the coming weekend hopefully. Currently comparing performance.

- Slowly figuring out which of the plugins that we're keeping might need additional 1.14 and 1.15 materials added to their configurations, rewards, etc.
    Note: If you believe something's missing let me know!
    Note: For example; /spawners doesn't have any new mob types! We're looking into how we want to deal with this.

- Made a schedule for February's Chunk Processing agenda. We have many millions of chunks to check for variety of issues, performance, and corruption. We will then have a month of data that we can compare. Hopefully I am wasting my time and find no issues of course.

- Updated /warp blaze.
    Note: Thank you Vloop for making a new public blaze farm.

- Updated a permission that reset on a thread! Oops! The /lectern command links to it, and now it works too lol.
    Note: Thanks Vloop for spotting this issue. I don't know what happened there with the permission.

- Known issue: It seems some players when interacting with doors and containers might notice that their arm acts as if it's trying to open it twice. Super weird! It doesn't seem to be isolated to our server, and it doesn't affect everybody. Looking into this to see if we can somehow fix this weird visual glitch.

Crawling back into bed, this was fun to work on. But my belly-, and headaches are like 'NO'. So going to watch some Netflix.

11. Vloop

Vloop aka: Rodolfo Donator

Threads:
    YAAAY!!! Vloop is me! I'm Vloop!

12. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 10th, 2020:

Since the server has been running rather smoothly the last couple of days, it's time for another round of changes that could be a bit more significant. If you notice anything wrong on the server don't hesitate to let us know.

- Used the latest buildtools to create a new Spigot 1.15.1 jar, and patched it with the 1MB Network stuff, and 1MB Core - everything is nicely up to date.

- Restarted the server to free up memory, and activate some maintenance changes that were queued.

- Additional option added to Enderchest inventory saving. This is a backup feature we use just in case something weird happens (and we use it to detect and catch players who try to dupe items)
    Note: If you suddenly am without inventory and we can't restore it the normal way, then we hope this plan-b setup will help. It now also stores enderchests when you die in any world.

- The 1MB Market feature has been updated to improve performance, player tracking, item tracking, etc. Hopefully this helps with the overall server performance and of course the way we use the /market.
    Note: Again, if you spot any issues when using /market, /ah, then please do let us know.

- The 1MB Achievements feature has been updated to perform better in 1.15.1.
    Note: Performance boost: monitoring player actions and computing achievement statistics is even faster! Have fun hunting down all those advancements and achievements. There's over 1500+ on the server now from all the plugins we have.

- One of the 1MB Administrative tools has been updated finally, after a year!
    Note: Added compatibility with Spigot 1.15.1 specifically.
    Note: Command handling has been improved, making it easier to use them from console without risking much through misuse.
    Note: It will no longer 'pause' the server as it's trying to handle some issues with commands. Improving on what feels like lag-spikes during startup.
    Note: MySQL database support (but we're not using this yet, until we sync everything with the network, we're testing it on this 1MB Survival server (s003) first.

- mcMMO Classic update.
    Note: I was hoping I'd have the time by now, but I haven't! We're still on Classic. But that's no big deal, nothing changed between 1.13 and 1.15 basically for the players.
    Note: PTP improvements, and handling ungrown crop growing for /herbalism.

- The 1MB Protection plugin (chests, doors, barrels, etc) has received a tiny dev-maintenance update.
    Note: Nothing really that has any effect on us, it's about translation of locale files, support for factions and towny. Indirectly, on the back-end, we have a benefit. So I decided to upgrade anyway.

- The 1MB NPC features have received slightly improved 1.15.1 support. Hopefully calling, finding, stripping metadata on npc during load and creation, has now improved.

- The World Editing plugins have received some updates.
    Note: Packets handling, missing bukkit implementation update, session handling, handling of legacy data, etc. All sorts of stuff that hopefully helps, but we will see. Gosh I hope this one didn't screw things up.

- The same for World Guarding/Protecting plugins, they got some updates too.
    Note: There's now 'can use chest' flags and 'prevent hunger drain etc' flags. Not that we want it, but improvements to the region handling is good, it gives us the option to better control/setup and modify worlds without having to reload/restart any plugins and all that stuff.

- Updates the /builders world plugins. General maintenance.

Any feedback and errors we notice, we will try to address as soon as possible. And with this setup we're one step closer to 1MB 2.7.1 for the Spring update. But the Winter isn't over yet! This also gives us a step closer to finalizing updating/upgrading and re-adding/re-enabling 1.13.2 'stuff' in 1.15.1. Before making any bigger changes. We're at 95% right now.

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 11th, 2020:

"Did the best I could today"- maintenance update.

- Updated plugins related to 1MB Protocol features.

- Removed a legacy-chat plugin, I believe we've fully converted everything to the new system.
    Note: If you notice anything is wrong with in-game chat, please do let us know.

- Preparing the remove legacy-anti-building plugin, I am trying to figure out if I got it all covered.
    Note: Hopefully I don't miss anything, but might just test it live and hope for the best.

- Rebuild latest Spigot 1.15.1 jar using buildtools, and trying new patching method.
    Note: I think I've learned something new, and this should hopefully become a method that could work a lot better for me when dealing with proprietary and private features. Ugh, I am such a noob.

- Restarted the server to complete the maintenance.

- Oh that reminds me, I've done some work on the startup process and libraries are loaded in now almost 35% faster, restarting benefits from this obviously.
    Note: I'd also like to point out that restart can be a lot faster if these plugins don't constantly require to spit out their advertising messages, their metrics collecting and sharing, and update checking and sharing, etc. We're probably going to setup a system where we strip all of that stuff out, and just not upgrade as often. Saving us another second here and there. These "popular" plugins are becoming rather demanding and intrusive with their messages; reminds me of the shareways days of apps. It's been 30 years, nobody cares today either. </end rant>

- Chunk processing has almost finished, I mean, the double checking stuff. After this in week 3 we will probably do a second run to make sure we properly converted everything we've imported and pre-generated everything we want to pregenerate. Before adding anything new that will be time consuming. I want to focus on performance, and stability first. Before adding more complexity. I wish with my bad eyes I could work 6+ hours a day without breaks and not end up with headaches. I'd be much more productive. </end rant for reals this time>

Okay, can you tell I am fighting depression a bit and life's just not fun right now. I have been trying to play a bit more than worry bout maintenance. Anyway, today I enjoyed a migraine, so thank you for reading and reporting and playing. See you online soon.

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 12th, 2020:

Still half sick, fighting the fight here, but I had fun playing with everybody last night. Regardless, here is some maintenance updates.

- Restarted the server to activate some of the maintenance changes.

- Fixed an issue with the /market losing item on the upgrade, we've rolled back and sorted everything out. The few that slipped through received their item in their expected value in /money.

- Fixed an issue that we probably would never notice with the /achievements features, but hey, every bug fixed is one potential issue less to worry about.

- Yes, we noticed some players using /:<command> to bypass certain cooldowns and other tricks. Your accounts have now been sanctioned.

- Fixed potential exploit ^
    Note: We're a fair play server, going out of your way to try things will result in perm bans.

- Beacon effect mismatch issue has been fixed.
    Note: Thanks zrips

- Shift right click for armor stand editing had an issue, apparently.. thankfully I never noticed, but it's fixed now too.

- Protocol Library had some maintenance done - we've upgraded to that dev build.

- @Vloop started an unofficial competition, come play!
    Note: details: https://omgboards.com/threads/1-15-competition.261779/

Okay, who here has found a panda yet? If you do, poke me and I will give you 500,000 in /money

15. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 13th, 2020:

Not much to do today, and with enough stuff ahead of me, this will do for today.

- Updated the 1MB Placeholders packages, making sure they're all up to date.

- Added a spawn limit to skyblock/cave/skygrid/acid worlds, 'limits' for squid set to 6.

- Removed a couple of legacy worlds from main config file, we won't be needing those, but they still showed up during startup of the server.

- Updated mcMMO to support clay, podzol, soulsand, all concrete powders, and farmland as a valid block for /excavation
    Note: Thanks @Tidal for pointing that out.

- Updated the 1MB Menu for performance improvements and better 1.15.1 support.

Okay, time to crawl into bed and call it a day.

16. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 14th, 2020:

Thank you all for the feedback from the last few days. I've done my best to address a bunch of the stuff. Some Mojang issues has been reported to Mojang for their consideration.

- There's a new Spigot build, so we compiled it, patched it with our stuff, and are using that now.

- Updated some stuff on the 1MB specific plugins, since we're updating Spigot anyway.

- Updated the CMI plugin as there's a performance and maintenance update.

- Updated some command conflicts, 33% completed.

- When clicking on grey dye in /perk, it no longer should charge you anyway.

- Replaced some legacy admin commands with the ones from the new system.

- Updated an Admin tool to help find plugin command conflicts (and 1.15 has a couple)

- Started the server back up again.

- Known issue: The red commands issue is potentially figured out. Now I just need to actually sort it all out. Hopefully by next week red commands suddenly work properly.

Crawling back into bed with my bad eyes and migraine.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  17. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 15th, 2020:

- We had a rocky day with Spigot 1.15.1's latest build changing things with ItemStack. This ruined the hours we've put into maintenance. Instead, we rolled back that file to a latest working version and restarted the server.

- Meanwhile, the /letmebuild command for /builders (world/rank/group) has been fixed, apologies for this.

- The 1MB Hunting feature had an issue with "/give" from console, we've changed this to be more direct.
    Note: Please let us know if you get told you earned a reward, but the system isn't paying it out.
    Note: Please try to include screenshots, they really help.

- Updated Discord Integration, hopefully our internal channels can better communicate again.

- We did some stuff to skulls and hunting and other stuff related to mobs, minor things.

Sorry for posting the 15th on the 16th, I had it in the admin forum, forgot to publish it to the public.

18. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 16th, 2020:

- Fixed "toast" integration, we can implement this into more events now.

- Adjusted the /hat command. Hopefully it works properly for all type of players now.

- Restarted the server, because there was a stupid error message after a reload of a command.

- Live-streamed for 7 hours working on 1.15.1 auto sorter sy.. wait, oMGGgg im going to bed.

19. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 17th, 2020:

Yawn, did I really sleep this long? I wish every night was like this. I hate depression.

- 1MB Fun should be back! <3

- Updated various plugins to better support /give vs our internal system.
    Note: The new system: If you go offline right after the reward, it still should end up in your inventory.
    Note: The new system: If your inventory is full, it should fall on the ground in front of you.

- Looking into an alternative to the mcMMO Horse feature, because I find one issue after another. I am not comfortable re-enabling this for all groups.

- Moved legacy-plugin folders into an archive, and did my best to be more consistent with this stuff.

- Patched some outdated and insecure java binaries for macOS.

- Started password cycling through services, it's a new year! Gotta do my best to stay secure.

- Fixes IllegalArgumentException error for players who mined in between 2 worlds and our system thinks: Look at those xrayers!

- Various fixes for the system handling things like ping, hat, placeholders, skull integration, etc.
    Note: Did you know you can right-click on a skull?
    Note: Did you know you can type: /myping?
    Note: Did you know some people can type: /hat

- Hopefully tab-completing issues have been addressed, there's progress, pls be fixed, pls be fixed.

- Temporary bans are harder to set, we encourage our admins now to perm ban instead. Sorry boomers.

Maybe I will live-stream again today, and make it more interesting. Prepare your questions, come to my twitch, follow me and post your questions in the chat!

20. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 18th, 2020:

- Trying to figure out all those red commands, we're making progress. Just nothing else to report

- Had some issue with the contact information on omgboards.com domain name, this should be resolved now.

- Received an anonymous birthday donation, thank you, you're awesome, thank you for this early birthday gift.

• Love it Love it x 1
  21. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 19th, 2020:

Happy Birthday Emily!

- Restarted the server to perform some maintenance.

- Updated a core plugin that deals with a million little things. This will have some consequences. "This is the way"

- /homes will no longer show the chunk blocks, it's giving too many issues. Instead, it will be a variety of a handful of blocks until there's a better long-term solution.

- We almost have a solution for the red commands, we're working on this daily. Takes time to do this right. Super weird bug.

- The 1MB Fun is back, and it has to learn 1.15.1, it's getting there. Report issues please!

- Vanish bug is attempting to get fixed, progress made. We will see if I still show up invisible when I shouldn't.

- Fix for issue when trying to load player inventory with potion effects which no longer exist on the server.

- Known issue: /skyblock limits, this now gives an error, it's reported; waiting response.

- Added: /skyblock menu, to be like /menu skyblock (and for skygrid/acid/cave as well)

Followed me on Twitch yet? https://www.twitch.tv/mrpurmerend

• Like Like x 1
  22. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 20th, 2020

twenty twenty twenty

- Updated Worldguard and Worldedit tools.

- Updated CMI and some other tool.

Doing nothing else today, as a birthday gift to myself.

• Love it Love it x 1
  23. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 21st, 2020:

No maintenance today, it's my birthday. I will be offline a lot.

- Restarted the server to support connections from 1.15.1 and 1.15.2
    Note: We're still on 1MB 2.7.0, with the engine: Spigot 1.15.1.
    Note: Yes, you can connect with 1.15.2 clients.

bai bois

• Love it Love it x 1
  24. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 22nd, 2020:

- Spigot released version 1.15.2, and we're ready to start preparing for the upgrade.

- No, we will not reset the temporary worlds when we move to 1.15.2.

- Cleaned up the Automatic backup archive.

- Cleaned up the Manual backup archive.

- Purged the -dev- servers.

- Created a new -dev- server for Spigot 1.15.2 and 1MB 2.7.1

- Purged the -test- servers.

- Created a clone of -live- as -test- server, to "live test" the upcoming upgrade to Spigot 1.15.2.

- Cleaned up the Automatic logs archive.

- We're basically running 1.15.x for a month now, nobody has reported issues with inventories, their builds, or chunks. We'll be slowly preparing to prune any 'rollback' option and focus on 1.15.x on the whole network.

- As mentioned before, we've been unable to find a solution to bring /gift back. Please use /trade instead.

- If you had something in your /gift since August 1st, 2019, that you didn't collect yet, feel free to contact me. The handful of users who had something after this date can pick their gift box up in /general (so you don't lose anything you were gifted)

- Restarted the server to unload unused chunks and free up some memory.

Thanks everybody who joined the Twitch livestream today! It was fun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice