Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Connect today Guest, to explore, mine, build and survive.
    1MB is a public, family-friendly #minecraft survival server, version 1.15.2.
    We're small, but have a friendly face. Invite your friends and come play!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market,
    Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more.

Minecraft Changelog

Discussion in 'MineCraft' started by Floris, Jan 1, 2020.

1. OP
    Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    January 23rd, 2020:

- Restarted the server to complete a bit of maintenance.

- Updated a few plugins that will work on 1.15.1 and 1.15.2.

- Improved the ability for 1.15.2 clients to connect to our 1.15.1 server.

- The new mcMMO Menu received a tiny update. Less config files and lines to load, and the 'rank: x' no longer wraps to a new line. The next update will probably merge the two menus together. Thanks everybody for the feedback and help!

- Identified unprocessed chunks in some worlds due to these plugins not properly supporting the latest versions. This isn't causing issues, and they will be processed automatically now as the player loads them. We will also be looking into alternative ways to process unvisited chunks (Stop doing weird things Mojang).

Looking for a graphics artist who'd love to make a small animated banner for us. If you're familiar with working with .psd photoshop files, and animated .gifs, feel free to contact me. Your work will be on behalf of 1MB, you will be credited in our changelog, and mentioned on our Discord upon release, if we use it. There's no pay for this, we're looking for someone who can help us out to help support us a couple of times.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 24th, 2020:

Bought myself a birthday gift with some of the money that people donated to me for my birthday. Thank you, everybody that contributed!

- Enabled the donator group perk: /anvil
    Note: Allowing blue group players to type /anvil anywhere in the game.

- Fixed a typing error.

Sorry for not doing a lot more, I've been rather busy offline.

3. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 25th, 2020:

Don't die in lava!

- Restarted the server to free up some resources, and make 1.15 run a little smoother again.

- Fixed a bunch of tiny bugs reported by users.

- Fixed a couple of typing errors.

- Reported newly found bugs to the developers and posted some performance improvement suggestions.

- Basic maintenance, checked up on users who triggered xray and other cheat filters.

Taking it easy until February, most of January's maintenance is sorted out now.

4. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  5. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 27th, 2020:

Nothing much in regards to maintenance.

- As the month ends, this month's todo list is getting smaller. Focussing on playing instead of maintenance.

- Updated a placeholder handler that we use on the network.

- We've been using /anvil for a while now, it seems to be working okay. Keeping it for donators.

- Known issue: Yet again 1MB Fun is having issues, if this continues we will ditch this feature.

Thanks for watching the Twitch live streams! We will post them on Youtube as well.

6. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 28th, 2020:

Slowly prepping for 1.15.2, even though you can already connect with 1.15.2

- Restarted the server to activate a bit of queued maintenance tasks.

- Fixed a bunch of issues with 1.15 and the /jobs plugin.

- Played survival with some friends, and live streamed it.

Few more days and it's February!

7. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 29th, 2020:

Finished a 4 part series of the Fresh Survival Island. Will there be a season 2?

- Updated some core plugins to fix some reported bugs.

- Added a few new placeholders, so we can better customize things related to kits.

- Fixed a few things related to new features, as well as general bug fixes.

- Fixed some console errors we received with the Jobs feature. Thanks devs for fixing!

- Preparing to disable Jobs in various worlds, limiting it to the survival worlds.

- Made further preparations for the February todo list.

- Moderated the queue of potential spam/bot accounts that tried to join.

- Had a mini Minecraft birthday party with Sophie and Susanne (tnx! was cute)

- Fixed an issue with a few players getting extra hearts and them not restoring back to normal.

- Yes, the rumors are true about a secret discord.

Have fun gaming! Play fair :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  8. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 30th, 2020:

The move to 1MB 2.7.1 and Spigot 1.15.2

- Last night the operating systems, firmware, hardware wires, and stuff all got updated offline. This included routers, switches, computers, related devices, hubs, etc. Today's it's the software update for the Winter Update. The last big update on the 1.15.x upgrade. The next step in our adventure is to introduce newer bigger version updates between features, as well as world management and the road to Spring 1.16 update.

- Took the server offline for maintenance.

- Updated all the 1MB 2.7 releases to be version 2.7.1 which no longer supports 1.13 and 1.14 network stuff, it's now all 1.15.x

- Updated the Spigot build to version 1.15.2. Connecting with 1.15.0 and 1.15.1 or any older version is no longer possible.

- Patched Spigot with our 1MB Network stuff. It can properly talk to all networked servers again.

- Updated the 1MB Worlds features to support version 1.15.2, this includes Worldguard and Worldedit.

- Updated some plugins that got updated to better support the latest WG/WE plugins.

- Updated the 1MB Vote plugins. Also, headsup: We're internally considering/discussing what to do with voting later this year. To be part of this discussion keep an eye out on the forums.

- All January slots have been filled for the Secret Discord. That's all I can say.

- The 1MB Version/Protocol handlers have all been uninstalled.

- The 1MB Async handling has been improved, hopefully we have less lag spikes now (stupid watchdog)

- The /Builders world has some plugins, these have been updated to their latest version. Hopefully this doesn't cause issues.

- Acid world (/acid) had some updates to work better with 1.15.2, including language file updates.

- 1MB Gametype has a new addon called ExtraMobs, this should help out in /skyblock, etc. Does not affect /general, etc.

- 1MB Gametype has been updated to support we/wg latest version and 1.15.2

- Biomes for Gametypes has been updated, minor bug fixes. Hopefully it has less issues now.

- Gametype Borders now can be toggled, and allow you to see your island limit as well as not fall off.

- Improvements for Skyblock world (/skyblock) with 1.15.2.

- Cave block world (/cave) received maintenance updates. Should play nice with 1.15.x now.

- Gametype Challenges had some updates, if you completed pages before, go check if there's new stuff?

- Added a Gametype ControlPanel, we're still testing, if you find it: feel free to use it. Let us know if you run into issues. It's also completely new to me.

- Greenhouses had some updates, it's unclear to me what. Hopefully it means it runs better now.

- Level calculation should be working better in 1.15.2 now, some known issues; hopefully I have another update in February.
    Note: If stuff doesn't work, let me know!

- Gametype Likes, to rate an island, is active. Let someone know you dig their work!

- Gametype Limits has a few more mobs now added to the limits, and hopefully it works again (the command stopped working, we will see if this fixes it, no time to test sorry)

- Gametype magic generators had some maintenance updates for 1.15.2

- Skygrid world (/skygrid) had performance improvements to help with chunk generation. yay less workload.

- Warps are better cached, and refreshed. Hopefully upon changing of owners etc they can update a bit faster now.

- Updated mcMMO Classic to their latest jenkins build version.

- Updated ProtocolLib since we still have 1 or 2 plugins that need it. UGH

- Upgraded 1MB Admin, internal plugin, that helps us identify issues faster than our eyes can.

- Updated the player-head database plugins, so things do things better. lol

- Creative mode has limited use in certain worlds for certain groups. This has been updated to support 1.15.2

- The LWC protection plugin had a dev build update - I went with it and upgraded.

- Shop Chests plugin updated, though they don't really say what's changed.

- Inventory backup plugins upgraded to fix reported bugs and improve performance.

- EssentialsX is legacy on our setup, we're still using it for some extra protection, a bit of economy and anti building stuff. We're slowly converting. But, we still upgraded it to a newer build to better support 1.15.2. If YOU are on EssentialsX, convert to CMI!

- General maintenance, such as backups, log files, and other stuff that usually gets a manual cleanup/purge, etc.

Okay, that's basically it for this Winter Update for the last few months. Our focus is now on 1MB 2.7.1 and Spigot 1.15.2. Tomorrow we will see what we broke today and try to fix that. February will be the next cycle.

Have fun, and see you guys online. Invite a friend!

9. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    January 31st, 2020:

Nothing much today

- Updated CoreProtect, probably a mistake; we will see.

See you guys in February.

10. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 1st, 2020:

A new month!

- Restarted the server to fix a few user-reported bugs. Thank you all for the feedback!

- Reported issues to developers, and CoreProtect dev actually gave me a hotfix to test, so awesome.

- Updated the CMI plugin, it had a handful of bug fixes, excellent work.

- Updated some colors on Discord, all 3 steps to update Discord in 2019 have been completed. We're ready for the 2020 changes.

- If you are an active player, you can request on Discord to get the role `1MB Player / Builder`

- If you've donated in 2018 or 2019, you can request on Discord to get the role`'1MB Donator`

- If you're an active and current team member, staff, admin, owner, you can request on Discord to get the role `1MB Team Member`

- If you are interested in a secret role, I am sorry, this is a secret, there's limited slots and it's an invite only setup. I wish I could say more.

- Pruned /logs/ log files older than 12 months. (Oldest is August 1st, 2019)

- Purged 30 million rollback records from the database. We have just over 12 months of rollback data now instead of 1,5+ years. Pruned data last month, completed that process this month. Seeing how much 1.15 is writing to down to roll back, we might just keep removing data more frequently to keep things manageable. So come online frequently enough to check on your base and report theft/grief if there's any. If your region area isn't protected, feel free to ask! Maybe with 1.16 we might change the cut off date to 9 months instead of 12+

The 1.15.2 runs fairly okay, there's a bunch of changes that have consequences for some plugins, we're dealing with those as we get feedback from developers. Kind of out of our hands. Our focus is to move forward and stay current, without too much of a compromise. I am just glad that 1.15.2 runs the last month as 1.13.2 has been running.

Oh, we will have a link to an early optifine build for you soon! Don't tell anybody ;)

Screenshot 2020-02-01 at 02.49.07.png

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
  11. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 2nd, 2020:

I already miss live-streaming.

- General maintenance, updated a few plugins that had some minor updates.

- Build a new Spigot 1.15.2 jar.

- Updated some .sh shell scripts.

- Removed an old plugin that we no longer use.

- Restarted the server.

- Minor updates to Discord Server.

Have fun hoarding items!

12. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 3rd, 2020:

Not having a fun time offline. Pushed the todo plans for February into the future.

- Updated 1MB Fun, if it still keeps breaking, I might just have to retire this feature.

- Manually gave roles to some members on our Discord server. See if you've noticed!

- Had to deal with some 'people' today, which used up my maintenance and mc play time.

- Added /plot list mine, to the /builders world, making it easier to find your own plots if they're spread out. [edit: by 1MBnetwork]

- Updated the Spigot jar, fingers crossed it didn't break anything.

- I've received no reports regarding issues with the Enderchest content or Inventory.
    Note: The 'backup' plan-b to help resolve issues is a database that can grow fast. It's been archived (29 dec 2019 to 03 feb 2020 data) and started fresh with the latest version.
    Note: February is a grace period for this backup, if you have had an issue, you should have contacted us by now. Note that per March 1st 2020, this archive will automatically get deleted.
    Note: New enderchests and inventories are automatically backed up starting today, and about every couple of minutes, and when you log out or die.
    Note: If you notice an issue with your inventory or ender chest, stop playing, contact a staff member as soon as possible. Don't wait days or weeks.

See you guys tomorrow hopefully.

13. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 4th, 2020:

Real life stress isn't fun!

- Updated the 1MB Network plugins to be a tiny bit more dynamic, making managing multiple servers a little easier for me.

- Updated the 1MB /trade command, feel free to test if it still works.

- Changed something regarding bee-handling.

- Pillagers could/should spawn a bit more frequent in /general, rather than 'super rarely ever almost never'

Have fun playing with friends!

14. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 5th, 2020:

Mojang released the first snapshot of the Nether Update.

- Tried out the first snapshot of the upcoming 1.16 version of Minecraft.

- First impression is a lot better than the first impression of 1.14 and 1.15.

- Headsup: If we upgrade from 1.15 to 1.16 we will reset the temporary worlds. We always do this, that's why you don't build in it, so remove your items once you hear that Mojang has a public version (not a snapshot or pre-release) of 1.16, and before we upgrade.

- You can not connect with 1.16 to our 1.15 server, it's too early for this.

- We might run a community play server for an hour in the near future, once or twice, to play Survival 1.16. We will announce it when we start/stop it through our Discord server.

- Behind closed doors we started prepping for 1.16, no 1.15 maintenance today.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzWlm4E_yt4

Questions? Ask them in #minecraft on Discord. Have fun gaming!

15. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 6th, 2020:

I was just building in Minecraft today, didn't have the energy to do maintenance.

- Restarted the server

- Updated stuff on Discord for the 1MB/OMG team members.

Oh life. :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 7th, 2020:

Live-streamed Survival Minecraft 1.16 'finding the nether'

- Restarted the live-server to upgrade CMI.

- Purged a few log files that we no longer need from a few plugins.

- Moderated some 'bots' that tried to join and were waiting in a queue to get access.

- Updated roles and colors and a bunch of stuff on Discord, go check it out.

Are you excited about 1.16 too?

17. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 8th, 2020:

Fighting depression, sorry for not being around too much.

- Rebuild Spigot 1.15.2.

- Fixed a few more CMI bugs.

- Restarted the server.

See you guys online Saturday evening?

• Love it Love it x 1
  18. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 9th, 2020:

I can't wait to build in the Nether this year!

- Restarted the server to activate some pending maintenance.

- MOTD messages have been updated (finally) with the right versions, etc.

- Some custom signs with placeholders stopped working, thanks for spotting ender_vine, this has now been fixed.

- The particle animation from CMI now supports timings better, this will make it nicer for us to make less laggy effects (which benefits pvp fights for example)

- If you are alive because of a totem of undying, you might notice a halo around you.

- Known issue of /skyblock limit not working has now been resolved.
    Note: Thank you everybody for reporting this.

- Known issue: red commands, still can't fix it, I am crying on the inside.

- /charlie worked, but was giving a permission denied message, this has now been resolved.
    Note: Thank you the456gamer for reporting.

- Secret after-posting-update: /here will show [flags] in your own region, giving you access to toggle between allow/deny for the following flags only: pvp, leaf-decay, mycelium-spread, vine-growth. Use wisely.

- Handling offline player data is better now, less buggy.

- Improved protection matcher to properly detect bed blocks

- Fixed "Loaded class" console warnings caused when using a plugin integration on recent versions of Spigot, this affects a handful of plugins. First 2 are fixed now, more to come.

- The 1MB Hunting feature now has added NMS classes for Minecraft 1.15.x

- Known issue: /rtp can suffocate players, the developer still hasn't released a new .jar file to fix this.

- Updated to economy (/sell, etc)
    Code:
    cobblestone: 0.22
    cobblestone_wall: 0.22

vine: 1.00
    mossy_cobblestone (cobblestone 0.22 + vine 1.00): 1.22
    mossy_cobblestone_wall: 1.22

clay: 0.50
    brick (clay 0.50 + lava smelt): 0.60
    bricks (4x brick 0.60): 2.40
    brick_wall: 2.40

prismarine_shard: 0.25
    prismarine (4x prismarine_shard 0.25): 1.00
    prismarine_wall: 1.00

sand: 0.03
    red_sand (1x sand 0.03 + 0.01): 0.04
    red_sandstone (4x red_sand 0.04): 0.16
    red_sandstone_wall: 0.16

stone_bricks: 0.91
    stone_brick_wall: 0.91
    mossy_stone_bricks (stone_bricks 0.91 + vine 1.00): 1.91
    mossy_stine_brick_wall: 1.91

quartz: 0.22
    diorite (2x cobblestone 0.22 + 2x quartz 0.22 = 0.88 /2): 0.44
    diorite_wall: 0.44

granite (diorite 0.44 + quartz: 0.22): 0.66
    granite_wall: 0.66

netherrack: 0.22
    nether_brick (netherrack 0.22 + lava smelt): 0.30
    nether_bricks (4x nether_brick 0.22): 1.20
    nether_brick_wall: 1.20

andesite (diorite 0.44 + cobblestone 0.22 = 0.66 / 2): 0.33
    andesite_wall: 0.33

nether_wart: 0.22
    red_nether_bricks (2x netherbrick 0.30 + 2x nether_wart 0.22): 1.04
    red_nether_brick_wall: 1.04

sandstone (4x sand + 0.01): 0.13
    sandstone_wall: 0.13

end_stone: 0.45
    end_stone_bricks (4x end_stone): 1.80
    end_stone_brick_wall: 1.80

stone (cobblestone 0.22 + smelt bonus): 0.30
    polished_granite: 0.66
    polished_diorite: 0.44
    polished_andesite: 0.33

If you read the changelog: "Thank you", it means a lot to me (and it helps you stay current with the server, thanks for your time)

19. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 10th, 2020:

No maintenance today.

- I miss you dad.

Please don't DM me today with server stuff, ask another team member. Thank you for understanding.

• Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 11th, 2020:

Minor maintenance.

- Rebuild Spigot 1.15.2 jar.

- Updated 1MB Plugins (mainly changing some hardcoded stuff to be more dynamic)

- Restarted the server for maintenance stuff to take effect.

- Updated /trade plugin, hopefully fixing a few annoyances.

- Known issue: http://top-minecraft-servers.com/ vote server stopped working, It's been a week, we will remove it soon.

Have fun gaming!

21. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 12th, 2020:

Worked harder on fighting my depression than on the server, surely you guys understand.

- Change to right clicking on bee-hive. It will still say how many there's inside, it will now also include the honey level.

- Uninstalled old standalone bee-hive plugin, and using internal feature now instead.

- Particles will be a thing this year, especially after 1.16, we're customizing a huge set.

- Tpa will have an improvement to cancelling requests.

- Due to the 1.15 changes to 'books', and increase of bug reports, we're for the time being turning off coloriation inside books.

- The 'worth' of items, the 1MB Economy etc, had some bug fixes, allowing us to continue changing values a lot easier and without more issues. (Mojang, really, pls stop changing weird things)

- Towny servers on the network will notice huge changes.

- Restarted the server so maintenance can go into effect.

Who's been updating their builds with new 1.14 and 1.15 items?

• Like Like x 1
  22. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 13th, 2020:

Everybody is a beta tester!

- The 1MB Network tools, 1MB Server tools, and some 1.15.2 plugins are now running in beta mode.
    Note: And for almost all groups.

- Spot anything that worked before but does not do what you expected? Report it!

- Server restarted to get rid of old 1.13.2 plugins that we no longer wish to use. Replacing them with new 1.15.2 versions, the best we can.

- This is beta 1 of 3. Tomorrow we will upgrade to beta 2 of 3. And then we will run a couple of days as is, if there's no reports from users, we will update to beta 3 of 3 before making it impossible to roll back. So play, test things, report back, and you benefit the most long run.

Have a lovely weekend everybody.

23. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 14th, 2020:

Happy Valentines Day

- For the next 24 hours players can type /kits in-game to get some love.

`hug`

24. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    February 15th, 2020:

Hello weekend!

- Restarted the server to activate some maintenance that's pending.

- Stopped the mcMMO 2x Valentines event.

- Stopped the Valentines /kit event.

- Purged a backlog of log files and very old player data.

- Updated the 'automatic maintenance' that runs twice per day.
    Note: This will remove certain entities from the world, make sure the time is not frozen, bunch of stuff.

- Haven't had any complaints about mcMMO or /fish yet, will give it another day.

- Updated a plugin to fix some typing errors.

- Reported a few issues we noticed.

- Discussed preparations for the future of this server in 2020/2021, and the direction Mojang is going.

- Fixed a Spigot issue causing cpu lag spikes when generating new chunks.

- Fixed plugins that helped patch this Spigot issue.

- Pruned inactive members without a role.
    Note: You're free to rejoin.

- Finalized some permission updates for Discord roles.

Update your auto sorter for all the new 1.16 stuff?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice