Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Connect today Guest, to explore, mine, build and survive.
    1MB is a public, family-friendly #minecraft survival server, version 1.16.1.
    We're small, but have a friendly face. Invite your friends and come play!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market,
    Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more.

Minecraft Changelog

Discussion in '1MoreBlock.com Information' started by Floris, Jan 1, 2020.

1. OP
    Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

April 25th, 2020:

World stuff

- Restarted the server to fix the security layer that's a little aggressive.

- Converted more NPC villages to 1.15.2 engine in /general.

- Further prepared /wild

- Addressed more stuff in /oneblock

- Played a few hours of survival with some friends.

Have a lovely weekend.

2. OP
    Floris

April 26th, 2020:

Weekend, yay!

- Restarted the server to update a couple of plugins.

- Converted more NPC villages that aren't used to 1.15.2 ones.

- Fixed an issue with a couple of plugins like the 1MB Hunting features and whatever.

- Updated CMI to it's latest version.

- Played with handful of people in a survival cave for handful of hours. Was fun!

See you guys online soon.

3. OP
    Floris

April 27th, 2020:

National Holiday in the Netherlands, Kings Day.

- No maintenance, just gaming.

Floris.

4. OP
    Floris

April 28th, 2020:

Let's play Survival together!

- Rebuild the 1MB Network class to be more efficient.

- Updated mcMMO to it's latest version. Added new command: /mmoxpbar

- Updated the /achievements plugin. Still testing 'new stuff'.

- Processed some log files and did the monthly x-ray check.

- Made sure I had 0 /mail left in my in-game inbox.

- Made sure all player-questions have been answered.

Back to playing Survival.

5. OP
    Floris

April 29th, 2020:

Had a mini-event with online friends. Was fun.

- Updated Spigot 1.15.2 to the latest revision.

- Updated the /trade feature.

- Updated the 1MB Heads features.

- Converted a few more NCP villages and old temples to 1.15.2 generated ones.

- Cleaned up some old log files and manual backups.

Thanks for playing everybody, I appreciate it that you can value a great community.

6. OP
    Floris

April 30th, 2020:

Spring Update Cleanup

- Nothing to report for today, just cleaning up after myself on the things I've done in the last month for the 1MB Spring Update.

- It was a lot of stuff, but, nothing really to report for here.

Let's play Minecraft!

7. OP
    Floris

May 1st, 2020:

Configuration Month has started.

- The focus of May is to walk through the variety of configurations for the things we've recently added, changed, or have removed.

- Updated Spigot to their latest revision to fix a bug introduced with the last one (oof)

- Updated the 1MB version 2.7.2 plugins to be the same on all the servers.

- Made a bit of a plan to process the automated backups, figuring out what to keep, purge, etc.

- Took a good hard look at the upcoming Minecraft 1.16 engine and there's a lot in there now that's going to delay us updating.

- Updated the CMI plugin to the latest version. Improving on sleeping, tab, tab-complete, and command handling.

- Cleaned up the plugins/ directory to make sure some .jar files we don't need aren't there anymore.

- Moved a small tool plugin we once made to compile against 1.15.2, and then moved that functionality into the 1MB Core plugin we made. It's a lot faster now.

- Converted old and griefed desert temples to 1.15.2 ones, so things are more modern and fixed.

Have you met all the new players yet? Come say hi!

8. OP
    Floris

May 2nd, 2020:

Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches!

- Removed a lot of obsolete code from the 1MB plugins.

- Moved a bit of repetitive code into functions or classes, whatever made it work.

- Apparently there's a new Spigot 1.15.2 build out, got that.

- Moderated new users on the OMG website.

- Moderated new users on the 1MB game server.

- Removed some Discord changelog entries from Jan->April 1st.

- Cleaned up some older log files.

- Purging data from the rollback feature that's older than 12 months.

- Updated the /builders world with newer versions of those plugins.

- Configuration changes of the day:
    Note: I will try to log these daily, I probably forget once in a while.

- CMI: Sleeping at night has been tweaked, it has received some plugin changes on how to deal with nightly snoring, and now the configuration has been adjusted to run it the way that we like it.

- Bukkit.yml slightly updated to be closer to how we had things in 1.12.2 and 1.13.2.
    Note: Already done this in April, now we have some weeks of playtime to compare and 'tweak' it.

- Spigot.yml slightly updated to be closer to how we had things in 1.12.2 and 1.13.2
    Note: Already done this in April, now we have some weeks of playtime to compare and 'tweak' it.

- Had a mini boost event for Jobs/mcMMO/Hunting.
    Note: I hope everybody had fun.
    Note: Might have another one Saturday night if there's enough players online.

- Made preparations to update the five game types tomorrow.

- Updated mcMMO to their latest build to fix some potential abuse from older bugs.

- Fixed the issue with Discord<->Minecraft integration. We had it off for a while.
    Note: This also fixes the in-game command: /discord

You ever noticed you might have /mail in-game? :D

9. OP
    Floris

May 3rd, 2020:

Waves, hello buddy

- Restarted the server to free up some memory

- Had an issue with one of three plugins that I updated, rolled them back.
    Note: Will review which one caused an issue tomorrow, and try again..

- Updated Heads Database.

- Updated Placeholder API

- Went through the CMI configuration files to make sure old 1.12 and 1.13 settings that we don't need are disabled or nulled etc. Or updated to be specific for 1.15.2

- Tweaked the 1MB Tips scheduler to run more organically.

- Discussed mcMMO nerf changes and what path we're taking.
    Note: It will soon be 6 months that we've run "very vanilla" with mcMMO so it's time to continue nerfing.

- Made preparations for the gametypes updates, hopefully I get around to it tomorrow.

See you online buddy

10. OP
    Floris

May 4th, 2020:

The Netherlands has a national holiday today.

- Restarted the server to improve performance.

- Updated a couple of plugins that offered tiny bug fixes.

- Updated the Jobs plugin to hopefully work better with /jobs browse

- Went through the generic configuration file of the Jobs plugin to make sure I didn't overlook something obvious.
    Note: Will try tomorrow to nerf the Jobs feature a little bit so it's closer to how we run our economy.

- Had a mini event last night for Jobs boost and mcMMO boost.

- Happy birthday Hepcat
    Note: I hope you have a fun day.

Come online and help build the zombie grinder so we can turn it into a server warp? A few people have already started.

11. OP
    Floris

May 5th, 2020:

National Holiday, celebrating the end of ww2.

- Rebuild Spigot and doing performance testing, the other day we suspected spigot or plugins to cause issues. This is step two of three to try and isolate the issue. So far so good!

- Updated a plugin that fixed a user-reported issue. Yay

- Made some minor design changes to /warp shops
    Note: You want to make a shop there? Contact me! We have shops available again.

- Introducing new chat feature soon, we've got it installed and will be testing.
    Note: The 1MB Chat Rooms! Great for groups who play together.

- Went through the configuration files of some admin tools, making sure I didn't overlook something.

- Uninstalled the /cf tool, as promised, we might have it just for April.
    Note: Not enough people kept using it to keep it around. It might return with another event though!

- Cleaned up the dev servers, testing in different environments is a little faster for me, which helps me test a lot easier.

- The 1MB NPC features have received an update, path finding and player / entity detection should hopefully be a bit smoother now.

I am not sure I will get around updating the gametypes today, might move that to tomorrow when I have perhaps a bit more time.

12. OP
    Floris

May 6th, 2020:

Behind the scenes work has been completed.

- Done loads of stuff behind closed doors, nothing I can share. But, I've spent like 4 hours today working on the server.

- Updated a few tiny plugins that improved performance (so they claim) for 1.15.2 servers.

- The issue from the other day appears to be the update we made to the /builders world.
    Note: We're going to skip this update and await a newer one, and try again.

- Planning to nerf unarmed with mcMMO, damage will be reduced from 4 to 1.5 on lower levels.
    Note: More nerfing to mcMMO will definitly happen.

- Had a small mcMMO 3x event for a few hours to say thank you to the regular active players for being online.

Sorry for the late post. Woke up with a headache today.

13. OP
    Floris

May 7th, 2020:

Headache turned into migraine, didn't do much to our regular todo list

- Updated Spigot to a newer build.

- Did basic xray testing and will keep an eye on players who got flagged.

- Moving away further and further from 1.13.2.

- We're down to a few plugins with legacy material name support, contacted the developers to shape up.

- Making slight changes to the /menu, so it loads a bit faster.
    Note: Mmm, maybe we will no longer force this menu in the hotbar, mmm, what are your thoughts?

- Taking down complaints and user feedback and trying to find a way to improve the server this Summer.

- Went through the moderator tools and helper tools configuration files, slight changes, slight tweaks.

See you guys tomorrow.

14. OP
    Floris

May 8th 2020:

Okay, so what if I nap a lot today.

- Restarted the server to free up memory

- Read through configuration files and made proper changes.

- Had a voice chat session with everybody online.

I promise I will do more tomorrow. LAZYDAY

15. OP
    Floris

May 9th, 2020:

It's such lovely weather outside! Doing the changelog from the balcony.

- Restarted the server to activate the changes.

- Improvements to the vanish and invisibility features.

- Fixes to the /anvil command when it comes to using color codes.

- Items given to you that don't fit your inventory spit out in front of your face rather than the floor, so it's easier to notice you got some stuff

- If your inventory is full and you get a kit, it should now better inform you.

- Fix for in-game [item] feature.
    Note: Thank you the456gamer for reporting this.

- Improvements to the 1MB Portals features.

- Made a start again on the '1MB Placeholders' addon for CMI.

- Enabled the /chat feature to more groups.

- Admin tools received more improvements to help me better run the server remotely.

- Improvements to the 1MB Jobs features, including gtop.

- NPE improvements to the jobs command.

- Improvements to fix potential abuse (on accident) by doing Job Quests.

- Jobs browse should yet again work a bit better.

- I went through a variety of plugins and their configuration files, making sure how we run things is how it's configured. Further nitpicking will happen over the remaining days of the month. Slowly introducing nerfing to features.

The balcony is pretty great. Can't wait for the Summer.

16. OP
    Floris

May 10th, 2020:

Another behind the scenes changes. (sorry for the. late post)

- Not much to report here.

- We've restarted the server.

- We've run debug mode on a few users with lag to analyze traffic, trying to see if there's something we can do on our end to help.

- We've run debug demo on a few worlds, they were loading slow on some chunks, trying to see if there's perhaps a reason behind it.

- Shipwreck lootboxes still cause freezes on the server, nothing we seem to be able to do about this.

- Updated some /oneblock commands.

- Updated some /oneblock permissions.

Oh depression, why you be.

17. OP
    Floris

May 11th, 2020:

To be or not to be, that's the depression.

- Updated the /menu words, to include newer worlds.

- Went through the basics of the configuration files for the /wild world.

- Updated levels, removing it from /oneblock.

- Enabled /oneblock count to let players know which phase they're in.

- Gave more permissions to all the groups for the /oneblock gametype.

- Added the command /oneblock menu, to work like /skyblock menu, /acid menu, etc.

- Updated the menu for oneblock to be more accurate. More changes are planned.

- Moderated new users on the forums, there's so many spammers these days that I wonder if we should just whitelist the OMGboards.

- Moderated new users on the 1MB server/discord, dupe and alt accounts that I don't recognize or aren't talking will soon be purged.

- Moderated new users on the 1MB server that were stuck in the mod-queue because of how they acted when they joined (something they did, didn't do, said or didn't type). Welcome new players, farewell spam bots.

- Further support for java 12+ has been added to variety for features that we run, including handling and processing chunks on the server. Yes Mojang, we know what you're doing this Fall season.

- Further reflection removed from plugins that do not need them, and should not have them. Developers of other plugins requested to reconsider itemstacks, reflection, nashborn, blah blah.. They are very reluctant. That's on them. You're behind, not us.

- Deadlocks on chunks is hopefully fixed now. It seems when a player is in chunk that's actively being backed up it can cause some freezes. We are looking into a more graceful way to deal with this.

- 1MB NPC features for 1.10 and some other versions that we're not even using have been removed. Hopefully this helps.

- 1MB NPC Skin and other Skin features have been improved, players love changing skins, so let's give better caching support for this. We're not perfect, but we try.. Mojang likes to limit us when we try.

- Fixes for pufferfish, ocelot and snowman NPCs.

- The 1MB Jobs features have improved bossbar messages support. Hopefully its more informative, logical, and less intrusive, and less confusing. Far from perfect, but we try.

- Another Jobs tweak: Some rework on explorer data loading and storing

- Flight charges handling has improved, maybe we can try testing this and introduce this. Allowing players to only have flight with charges, to help our economy and give more purpose to exp/points/money etc.

- Tagging @players. with @players? with something right behind it should work better now.

- Abuse of /sethome is hopefully no longer possible. Oh and because the player who found this kept exploiting it: I am sorry if you find all your homes now to be random teleport locations. Feel free to contact me with an apology for your abuse and I will reset it (remember, play fair to avoid bans, exploiting bugs will result in perm bans, this is that warning I guess).

- 1MB SQL BRIDGE software updated from 1.12 to 1.13, then 1.14 and now we're on 1.15.2, completely dropping support for anything below. The whole network is on 1.15.2 now.

- 1MB SQLITE MASTER classes and functions moved to 1MB Network plugins, etc.

- 1MB MySQL MASTER classes and functions moved and merged 1MB Network plugin SQL classes.

- Making and breaking connections between multiple master/slave server setups including actively used plugins has improved dramatically. We now up to 60% less timeouts, and at least 25% faster data returns. Syncing data is still slow, but it's on purpose. We want the guarantee we have the right data and take time syncing it. Moving this to a ramdisk can cause too many issues.

- All the MySQL databases used by any server on the network has had OPTIMIZE & REPAIR run on them. And then have been checked. We're still good!

- Purging roll back data on the network is almost done. 1MB's servers are next. Including the survival one. This should save us quite some disk storage of course.

- Moving players by pistons while you're /sit, has improved. Less floating in the air results and broken armorstands.

- Purged left over armor stands on servers with CMI, that were caused by /sit and not properly resolving when unmounted. We had very very very little to remove. Tiz all good!

- Read through a bunch of plugin their configuration files to make sure we turn off metrics the best we can, and to turn off auto check the best we can. We always do this, this was a double check. Added stubborn plugins (and their stubborn developers being sneaky) to either a blacklist, uninstalled it, converted to an alternative plugin, or nulled their data and connections.

- Automatic xray checking has been re-enabled. It has flagged some accounts. Before we review anything from the last week we are going to review those accounts first. We know everybody is playing fair, we're just double checking why there's so many flagging going on. And possibly adjusting our server averages accordingly. Of course, if we do find someone doing xray in one way or another, we just perm ban without appeal. Yo, we offer a /mine world with extra diamond ore, and give you a diamond ore when you first join, and you can get diamonds from voting, and buy diamonds from /warp shops. You still cheating? You're not someone that should be playing minecraft, log off.

Injecting coffee.

18. OP
    Floris

May 12th, 2020:

Not much done.

- Restarted the server to free up memory

- Updated a few plugins that said they had improvements.

- Updated missing permissions for /oneblock

- Tweaked some commands.

- Threw away some old log files.

See you guys online.

19. OP
    Floris

May 13th, 2020:

She told me not to get a haircut and not dye my hair.

- Restarted the server to activate some maintenance updates.

- Fixed a few user reports for /oneblock.
    Note: Thank you all for playing this!

- Fixed an issue with shift clicking items in the inventory in the middle of voting.

- Looked into option to use vote-points for a vote shop somehow.
    Note: Open to suggestions.

- The new 1MB Permission features have been updated.

- Permissions; These should create/save/sync faster now. Causing less issues.
    Note: Yesh, now it will be easier to make the final set of groups/ranks.

- LP Changed the verbose handling code to be less intrusive to the server

- LP had about 25 changes, not going to list them all since most are for internal use.

- Changes to Advanced Achievements would allow us better handling

- Fixed potential server crashing when the player abuses /perk features.

Have fun playing /oneblock, /cave, /acid, /skygrid, /skyblock, /wild, /general, etc.

20. OP
    Floris

May 14th, 2020:

Hi, hey buddy, I heard you are hungry. Here ya go.

- Restarted the server to fix a bug

- Updated Chunk handling plugins to fix exception error.

- Updated the /achievements plugin, will go through the configuration file later today

- Finished going through some config files I started on yesterday just now.

- Updated the /wild's /claim features.

I wish I didn't have all this stuff going on offline so I had the mental ability to play for a while today. Maybe tomorrow.

21. OP
    Floris

May 15th, 2020:

Done nothing today to be honest, besides keeping an eye on the changes we've made in the last week.

See ya tomorrow.

22. OP
    Floris

May 16th, 2020:

Little bit of maintenance.

- Restarted the server.

- Updated Hologram features on the server.

- Testing new /claim configuration.

- Fixing tiny config updates that were too strict.

Time to have a bike ride so quarantine isn't killing me mentally.

23. OP
    Floris

May 17th, 2020:

"Everything's gonna be alright"

- Restarted the server to activate new configuration files.

- Fix for recent hologram updates (now even better!)

- Locale files from outdated plugins updated where possible.

- Went through the configuration files of plugins that had upgrades with new config options, to double check that we didn't miss anything important.

- Fixed issue with dying entity while you are riding entity.

- Updated a few plugins for minor maintenance updates.

Nice to see so many players on the server!

24. OP
    Floris

May 18th, 2020:

Mojang's slogan should just be: So there's a little lag, ...

- Spigot 1.16 could be promising.

- Cloned the live server to a dev setup and worked Roberto on cleaning up chunk issues.

- Looking into some drops in performance at /warp herb.

- Learned more about some CMI features, updated configuration files.

Threw away a creeper.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice