Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Connect today Guest, to explore, mine, build and survive.
    1MB is a public, family-friendly #minecraft survival server, version 1.15.2.
    We're small, but have a friendly face. Invite your friends and come play!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market,
    Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more.

Minecraft Changelog

Discussion in 'MineCraft' started by Floris, Jan 1, 2020.

1. OP
    Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

Threads:
    May 19th, 2020:

The Netherlands is slowly opening up, peak's behind us. Stay safe everybody.

- Restarted the server

- Updated plugins to improve dealing with commands.

- Player information handling received an update.

- Custom items have improved a bit - we hope.

- Found an issue? Report it!

See you guys online later.

2. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    May 20th, 2020:

hi buddy, heard ya hungry, here ya go, boop

- Restarted the server to activate maintenance.

- Working hard on Minecraft 1.16 today. That's all I can share right now.

- Updated /charlie the pinata vote llama

- Updated the 1MB Heads features slightly

- Updated CMI to include newer features and maintenance stuff.

- Still going through configuration files of a top10 most user plugins.

- Deleted 8 million rollback records. We no longer keep data older than 12+ months.
    Note: If you have been griefed, report it as soon as you notice it (don't try to fix it, we can do that)

- Purged server /logs/ files up until December 1st, 2019.

- Updated the -dev- and -test- servers to slowly prepare for both 1.16 as well as the 1MB Summer update.

What lovely weather outside. Did you miss me yet?

3. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    May 21st, 2020:

Giveaway bot? Interesting!

- Restarted the server

- Update CMI for a bunch of stuff

- Make sure Jobs is the latest version

- Updated the Heads plugins

- Updated the Permission Handlers

- Purged more oudated data

- Archived the backup inventories database, and started fresh.

The network buycraft covid19 discount has started, but this server isolated from the network, so there's nothing to buy.

4. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    May 22nd, 2020:

I know, a little late, but still gonna post this: can't stop me.

- Time to review new players who joined, making sure everybody has behaved.
    Note: Small reminder: we're not allowing mods/datapacks/resourcepacks that give an unfair advantage.

- Worked on a new command for the CMI plugin.

- Worked on the emotes feature for the Summer.

- Slowly updating old items to the newer way of doing things.
    Note: Giving us a bit more control over them, they perform faster, and have less issues when using.

- Run optimize on a bunch of databases, trying to identify potential overhead issues.

- Rebuild index on tables and run repair on everything.
    Note: This one took me 6 hours to do haha

- Fixed a few bugs that bothered us, finally we got around to them!

- Improved the [item] in-game on enchantment books, books, items, and items with an effect on them.

I was told my stories were great, and I should write children books! What a compliment from a publisher.

5. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    May 23rd, 2020:

I was being called a giraffe today, and I don't even mind.

- Restarted the server to activate maintenance changes.

- Made changes to my shell scripts.

- Rebuild BuildTools from SpigotMC.

- Made a latest revision of the Spigot 1.15.2 jar.

- Compiled the latest code base of 1MB plugins and network tools.

- Patched Spigot jar with our propriatary stuff.

- Updated CMI and a few other plugins that announced changes.

- Reviewed previous changes we've introduced and reported back our complaints, suggestions, bugs, etc. to help further improve these products.

- Improved services we're using to help run more code efficiently, and perform a little faster when called upon. This should help with overall latency because I don't know how to async this stuff just yet.

- Server lag checking has improved, thank you zrips!
    Note: We can now do a bit more, and it is a bit more accurate. Which helps us identify spikes and drops in performance and potentially identify where what goes wrong (if anything)

- The [item] in chat now has bug fixes and supports way more items, things are more 1.15.2 friendly as well.

- Worked on the placeholders addon for CMI again, I am about 50% there of 'just get it done', the next step will be to 'and now make it pretty'.

- We are looking into offering /playerinfo as a command to everybody. (soon)
    Note: This will be very locked down. We won't disclose IP and other sensitive player data to anybody except other server owners (there is only 2). Our staff/helpers do not have access to this data either.
    Note: Players will be able to use /playerinfo to check if someone's in god mode, flying, creative, etc.
    Note: The details of this info feature is still being hashed out, we will let everybody know when it is live to all.

- Updated the 'beta' testing network-wide! This worked very well on our little server that we're probably going to involve the community network-wide when it comes to testing things.
    Note: Old situation: owners and admins, then team members and helpers, then specific beta testers and then it goes live.
    Note: New situation for every server on the network: owners, then admins and team and helpers, then any beta group and highest ranks and donators. Then other ranks.
    Note: "but why though", this way we have a period of time internally to figure it all out and staff has time to learn it. And then when we invite testers, it will be a wider group, and it's out there for players faster than normal. And once it seems things are fine we can open it up to everybody in one swoop. Allowing us for bigger features to take the time it needs, and then get community feedback when it's important, and offer these bigger features faster to everybody (and less people feel left out).

- Reviewing policy about what perks go to which groups. We will soon make a more extensive overview of the basic permissions that default vs builders have. And we will review on how to balance that out. Possibly introducing new things for all.

- Improvements to the 'chat room' feature, I will soon learn how this works and make further suggestions to the developer to see if we can make it more user-friendly :)

- We now have access to better control and organize our custom permissions.

- We now have better access to group and world permissions. So making those annoying changes is going about 200% faster woop woop

- We have a new set of permissions through CMI to better control what we can give players specifically. So some of our helper, beta, staff tools can be somewhat limited and made available to all players. More about that in the Summer update.

- We are going through all the unique 1MB items and updating them with the new CMI features. This might mean certain items will disappear. While others will do more or get improved. And more trades will show up over time in Jacky (and faster).

- Internal commands like /1mb info, /1mb tps, /1mb status, /1mb version, etc have been improved.

- Internal commands that we grouped to help me run the server are being updated. Oh boy I hope I don't screw this up haha

- Went through some plugin directories and tried to identify outdated files that we no longer use or backups that are temporary that I could remove.

Phew, ok, there goes my morning :) Play with you guys later!

6. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    May 24th, 2020:

Sunday funday

- Restarted the server

- Updated the 1MB Mob and Entity nerfing system.

- Went through basic configuration features of a handful of plugins.

- Organized holograms.

Monday blahday

7. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    May 25th, 2020:

Mystery guest on the server?

- Processed a bunch of updates.

- Went through a handful of configuration files.

- Further 1.16 world conversion testing.

- Helped with player questions.

- Finalized the network charity event.

Yep, did you see him?

8. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    May 26th, 2020:

Preparing for bigger changes for later this year, scary, .. big changes are scary!

- Restarted the server to improve performance again. Because java sucks sometimes.

- Fixed a few weird Spigot bugs manually.

- Chunk block mismatch bug reported to Mojira.

- Now in case player performs /tp or /tpa command while not having access to it but having access to /tphere and /tpahere respectively, they will be redirected to those commands instead. Just some convenience things.

- Considering to open up the /1mb donation feature in it's own command to everybody.

- Improvements to Maintenance mode.

- Little fix for unique items. (Slowly upgrading everything to a more modern method system)

- Changed chat command behavior where you will need to provide initial action. So format of it now is like "/chat [create/join/leave/list/invite] (chatName/playerName)" where now you have option to invite someone to the created chat room

- Fixed a bunch of admin-tools issues we recently discovered.

- Fixed the 1MB Heads handler to be more 'not broken'

- Made some changes to Discord (can you spot them?)

It's warm today, so I had strawberries and waffles, check my insta! https://www.instagram.com/mrfloris/ Follow me!

9. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    May 27th, 2020:

Discord update or something

- Took the server offline for 30 minutes to sort out some Discord related stuff.

- Installed some secret magic sauce on the Discord server.

- Tested the integration and updated the way we deal with Discord integration.

- Went through a bunch of configuration files to tweak some settings.

- Monthly xray checks have concluded. We will deal with the results internally.

- Small reminder to avoid bans: use the vanilla client, no alt-hack or cheat-clients.

See you guys online! :)

10. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    May 28th, 2020:

Discord Update!

- Changes to the Discord server have been announced, please join our Discord server and check the #Announcement channel for details.
    Note: http://discord.1moreblock.com
    Note: {
    - The corona category: dissolved.
    - information channel: archived, Most covid information is now easily searchable on the Internet through official resources. And the !!daily and !!country commands work in #bot-commands. You're free to use them there.
    - offtopic channel: still there. It's moved to the extra category. You can discuss corona here. Please keep corona chat out of the minecraft channels.
    - The movies and music channels: archived. It is used less and less, so we're inviting you to share your media like tv/movies/music/games that keep you entertained while you stay safe, in the #offtopic channel.
    - memes channel: still there, it's moved back to the extra category.
    }

- Minecraft changelog is added to the queue and will be shared with tomorrow's changelog.
    Note: We're kind of cleaning up this month, slowly preparing for June and the Summer Update for 2020.

Stay safe everybody.

11. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    May 29th, 2020:

Sleep deprived, and offline things, just no time to really sort out Minecraft things.

- I've kept an eye on the server.

- Finalizes some tests from yesterday.

- Replaced a few plugins with newer versions saying they came with code bug fixes.

- Further tweaked Discord configurations.

- Updated the Discord server itself to be more 'correct'.

And that's about it. Sorry for not remembering to posting it.

12. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    May 30th, 2020:

All the feelz!

- Restarted the server to activate changes we've made.

- Rebuild the -dev- and -test- server and made further plans for how we're interested in dealing with 1.16.

- Weekly running scripts have less bugs now. Scheduler for various plugins have been improved.

- Converted some old-plugins schedulers to newer modern system to take away a couple of lag-spikes.

- Schedulers now also adjust to server performance. If there's been lag they recalculate or whatever magic they do, and run at agreed times (hopefully)

- The chat rooms feature now supports -private, so others cannot join your private chats. Very handy for helpers and staff versus players chats. And one step closer for us to merge network chat with synced in-game chat.

- Chat owners can now kick players from their chat rooms.

- Character encoding changes in CMI apparently for some commands.

- New voting placeholders we can use in certain situations. Oh and placeholder handling has been improved I think.

- Improvements to the /clear command. We might open it up more to users if we can offer choices in clear a little easier.

- Portal creation has improved I believe. And some bugs fixed so it doesn't screw up newly created portal specifics.

- You can try /worth stone-5 to find out how much five stone could be worth.

I miss playing Minecraft.

13. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    May 31st, 2020:

The nothing day.

Last day of the month, nothing going on. It's Sunday, nothing going on.

Time to catch up on some sleep and deal with quarantine.

See you guys in June.

14. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    June 1st, 2020:

Looting a store and trashing, kicking someone half to death: not a protest.

- Restarted the server to activate changes.

- Updated some smaller plugins.

- Tweaked configurations for iron farms.

- Fixed a bug with mob spawning in the /general world.

- Reviewed xray accounts (we will not contact you, going straight to perm ban)

- Helped players in-game with some questions.

Welcome to another horrible day on Earth.

15. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    June 2nd, 2020:

Discord Updates

- Further internal testing towards merging Discord and Minecraft have continued.

- Fixed a snapshot build with Discords' rate limiting.

- Upgraded to fancy embeds.

- Cleaned up the Discord Changelog channel. (keeping last month-ish)

- Purged more archived data and log files since it's a new month.

Follow me on Instagram yet? I am there as mrfloris

16. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    June 3rd, 2020:

Riots, looting, abuse, it's not a protest. Protests help with change.

- Fixed a reported issue with mob spawning, including iron golems spawn behavior.

- Teleporting between worlds should be a bit snappier.

- Updated CMI to the latest version.

Be safe everybody.

17. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    June 4th, 2020:

Today's changelog was part one of a two part task. There's nothing to report, sorry for not publishing this yesterday.

See you soon

18. OP
    Floris

Threads:
    June 5th, 202:

Today's changelog is part two of a two part task.

- Worked on the dev server for nearly 5 hours straight just to organize some things to make the upgrade to 1.16.0 a lot easier.

- Updated the internal build to 1.16 R0X for pre-release 1.

- Started alpha testing on the dev[2] server for world conversions and finding big issues.

- Started cheating in the way plugins recognize CraftBukkit so we can start filtering out environment issues.

- Converted a bunch of plugins to what will potentially be Spigot and a PaperMC build.

- Converted the "proxy" of the Network to support all release numbers of 1.16, so we can find pitfalls.

- Command Line Interface created for a sandbox setup (kind alike digitalocean droplets) t force through code until it breaks (and properly log it). Allowing us to figure out what's different in 1.16.

- All of this to help us once we get to move to -test-spigot116r01 and repeat all the plugins and tests, and know which developer to contact (and how).

- Deciding which plugins are core, essentials, easy to ignore.

- Fixed a few issues on the -live- server.

- Slowly rebuilding the configuration files for the custom aliasses, making sure things that should be private are private, and that things that are public, actually have the appropriate default permissions.

Okay, sorry if none of that makes sense. Summery; I was busy, it's good stuff

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice