Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Connect today Guest, to explore, mine, build and survive.
    1MB is a public, family-friendly #minecraft survival server, version 1.16.1.
    We're small, but have a friendly face. Invite your friends and come play!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market,
    Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more.

Minecraft Changelog

Discussion in '1MoreBlock.com Information' started by Floris, Jan 1, 2020.

1. OP
    Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

July 6th, 2020:

Re-learning mcMMO.

- Restarted the server to free up some memory and activate maintenance.

- CMI updated to apply a hotfix.

- Discord will now announce when certain ores are found by players.

- In-game 1MB Miner will announce when players find certain ores.

- Xray resource pack detection has been tweaked to better support 1.16.x
    Note: We will soon contact some players, if you are still stupid enough to use it, you will get perm banned.

- edit: Updated Spigot 1.16.1 jar, we spotted a new one to fix an annoying bug we rather not run into.

- edit: Updated 1MB 2.8.0.stable to better Support 1.16.1 and 1.16.2.snapshot

- edit: Updated the 1MB Trading features, including /trade
    Note: Please test it, let us know how it goes.

- edit: Updated the 1MB Fun bot! Now without

- edit: Updated /charlie

- edit: Updated the /market

- Updated 1MB Protocol support, clients from 1.15.2 can still connect. for eh.. another week? forever?

- Updated mcMMO to a newer build to address some skill abuse thingies.

- Known issue: Unique items from 1.15 don't stack in 1.16.
    Note: We kinda figured out why this is happening. And thank you Mojang/Bukkit.
    Note: To be honest, I don't really think we can do anything about this (right now).

- The grace period will end tomorrow, if we do not receive any significant issues in #bug-reports that convince us to roll back, we will stick with 1.16.1 and more forward to 1.16.2, etc, removing the option to roll back. Please play, test, and report back.

- There are rumors that existing players might move to a new group. These rumors have some truth to them. There's also rumors that new players who join in the future will have less perks and have to work a little harder to get to where we are. Yep, that's alsp potentially true. And there's rumors that legacy players finally find their special rank. This might also have some truth to it.
    Note: You really benefit from having a forum account, if you have trouble signing up DM me with details. (i will ignore things like "i cant sign up". Please be specific)..

- It's looking likely that tomorrow the last few plugins will get upgraded and go live, such as /perks and the 1MB Gamemodes.

- Dissolved the items from the legacy todo lists that I never got around to. Whatever stood out has been moved to the 1.15.2 list. And we will soon convert this to a 1.16.2 list and pick up regular maintenance again. We're still in the grace period, and we're still trying to run stable.

Have fun testing.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  2. OP
    Floris

July 7th, 2020:

Oops, forgot to press enter on the changelog ..

- Restarted the server to use the new Spigot 1.16.1 build.

- Fixed an issue with the /nether.

- Updated mcMMO to fix a few developer oopsies apparently.

- Updated CMI to fix some reported issues with recently added improvements.

- Updated the 1MB Network plugin, removing any reference to support 1.14.x

- Upgraded the first dozen servers on the Network to 1.16.1, I guess this is it.

- Discussed internally what to do with the massive amount of /logs/ that we will probably never have to use.

- Better organized some 1.16.1 content on the OMG boards.

- Considering archiving old OMG / 1MB threads on the forums.

- Updated the 1MB Jobs plugin to be proper 1.16.1, oh boy I hope this doesn't break things.

- Updated the 1MB /Builders features to proper 1.16.1, oh boy, I hope this really doesn't break things.

- Wondering why the developer of the /market keeps causing me to have to rewrite everything.
    Note: Sigh

- Re-introducing 1MB Bounty to private testers soon. It's out for 1.16.1.
    Note: We want heads to role, right?

- Updated 1MB Death to 1.16.1, we can start updating the configuration soon.

Maintenance, maintenance, maintenance. Just to try and keep things running stable. It's a shame if we have to roll back to 1.15.2, which we probably will not do.

3. OP
    Floris

July 8th, 2020:

Stability maintenance day.

- Instead of taking the next step, today's updates are to add stability to the server.
    Note: We run the server the last 24 hours in debug mode and reviewed a bunch of stuff. We tried to learn what's what and are comparing it to existing information. Based on some poor assumptions and solid conclusions we've made a few decisions moving forward which we will slowly implement over the Summer Update period.

- The next 24 hours we will see how the server is, and if things go well, we will continue with 1.16.1 with focus on 1.16.2 and leave 1.15.2 behind us.
    Note: Hint, if you have any issues or bugs, report them on discord in the bug reports channel.

See you tomorrow.

4. OP
    Floris

July 9th, 2020:

The grace-period for the 1.16 upgrade has ended.

- Build a new version of 1MB version 2.8, version 2.8.1.

- Ended the grace-period, we will stick to 1.16.1 will no longer have the option to roll-back to 1.15.2.

- Removed the #bug-reports channel from Discord.
    Note: Locked it, it will expire after the weekend.

- Moved existing #suggestions and bug reports to the internal todo list.

- Cleaned up the #suggestions channel. We're ready for 1.16.x suggestions.

- Cleaned up the #eventss channel. Any mini event we had running has now expired.

- Updated the World editing and guarding plugins. Hopefully nothing broke.
    Note: Report to us if something broke.

- Added async chunk handling again, allowing us to make bigger changes faster without crashing the server.

- Now announcing to discord #server-chat when certain blocks are mined.

- Now announcing to discord #server-chat when a player has died.
    Note: We are testing this one, we might stop doing this if we notice issues.

- Purged archived inventory backups (we call it internal inv-plan-b) from December till April 2020.

- Archived May 20th to July 9th, and created a new inventory backup (starting fresh).
    Note: We had no reports or issues about weird stuff happening, so we archive history and start fresh, it makes searching and using it ingame a lot easier)

- Tiny fix to startup msgs with the /charlie vote bot.

- The 1MB Permissions handler has been updated, we are so close to sorting out groups and then ranks.

- Updated the /motd (welcome msg) to reflect the new 1MB version and to remove the 1.16 link and grace-period msg. Cleaning up a bit.

We will move forward, the option to roll back to 1.15.2 is not an option anymore.

5. OP
    Floris

July 10th, 2020:

Stability, configuration files, and finalizing all the worlds.

- Rebuild Spigot 1.16.1 jar.

- Rebuild 1MB 2.8.1 plugins.

- Updated forum threads with new version information (like the history thread etc).

- Restarted the server to activate and test maintenance changes.

- Updated the 1MB Player Heads database.

- Enabled 35% chance to get player head when you pvp kill each other.
    Note: The chance to get it again and again drastically decreases the 25% with each kill.

- Enabled the new Mob Head drop system.
    Note: This is experimental and basically replaces the 1MB Hunting features (which might return at a later stage)

- Further updates to the /charlie feature.

- Improvements to the 1MB Death handling.

- Further 1.16.1 compatibility improvements to /builders
    Note: Now that we're done with /builders, basically.. we can focus on /skyblock, etc to return.

- Respawn Anchors placed in the /Nether world will work now. If you die there, it should respawn you to that anchor.

- Updated the 1MB Spawners feature. Fixed a group issue, added squid spawner as option, and increased the price.
    Note: Details are in the latest post on this thread:
    https://omgboards.com/threads/1mb-feature-spawners-and-silk-spawner-pick.261657/

- Updated 1MB Jobs to realise that pig_zombie is now zombified_piglin
    Note: Untested, we will see how it goes.

- Removed some start-up warning msgs of old worlds.

- The respawn priority has changed (in a few situations)
    Note: If you die in /nether, you respawn at your charged respawn anchor, and otherwise in your bed, or home location.
    Note: If you die in other worlds, you respawn at your bed, home location, or at spawn points.

- The /worlds command has been slightly updated, and the threads about our multiple worlds have been slightly updated.

- The /fish command has an alias for 'sell' to 'shop' now.
    Note: /fish sell == /fish shop

- Fixed invalid material_name API thingymabob. GUI menus complain less now.

- Players who login with their new changed IGN, will now be announced.

- We've invested $100 into the OMG boards to keep it running. We're open to donations. And might give you a hug or something for it. Those who donate $25 or more will get the blue in-game role, discord role, and forum role.
    Note: https://www.paypal.me/mrfloris

- World access has been double checked, few little issues addressed.
    Note: We're now actually ready to update skygrid, skyblock, etc.

- Fixed a few alias commands we had, and removed a couple of player-commands of players that have left.

Okay, hopefully these changes help.

6. OP
    Floris

July 11th, 2020:

Who doesn't love Sushi

- Restarted the server to activate the 1MB Game Types.

- Gave everybody access again to the 1MB Game Types.

- Upgraded the worlds: /acid, /cave, /skyblock, /oneblock, and /skygrid to 1.16.1.

- Enabled the commands /acid, /cave, /skyblock, /oneblock, and /skygrid again.

- Tested /acid, /cave, /skyblock, /oneblock, and /skygrid and things look fine.

- Looking for a creative builder to help make spawn points for /acid, /cave, /skyblock, /oneblock, and /skygrid. Contact me!
    Note: You must be 16 years or older, communicate in English well and have 2+ years of experience building in creative mode.

- Renamed the #suggestion channel to a more generic #support channel.
    Note: Please post your support questions for the forum or game servers here.
    Note: This is also the channel to post suggestions or issues.

- Removed the temporary 1.16 upgrade channel.

- Slightly re-ordered the channels a bit so they make more sense.

Please test!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  7. OP
    Floris

July 12th, 2020:

Hey, it's Sunday!

- Restarted the server into maintenance mode for a while to sort out some stuff.

- While it was in maintenance mode, I've updated a few plugins.

- Restored the /perk command, enjoy!

- Unlocked Cosmetic /perk features:
    Note: Ability to select a Shadow arrow (shoot with bow/arrow and see shadow particle effect)
    Note: Ability to select Earth Balloon (walk around holding a balloon, design: earth)
    Note: Banners: I wanted to grant the disco banner, but there's a bug, reported to dev.
    Note: Ability to select Death Effects (others could see certain particles as you die. Pretty nifty.
    Note: Ability to show a Happy or Sad emote. (show others how you feel, pretty fun)
    Note: Parachute where you stand! It will put you in the air, and you slowly come down with a chicken parachute.
    Note: Miniature Iron Golem. Just walk around and a tiny golem will follow you.
    Note: Morph into a zombified piglin, rawrgrowl. A fun scare on a friend (take your armor off though)
    Note: Mount a disco sheep that's just lovely.
    Note: Particles, you can walk with a colorful trail behind you.
    Note: Puppy pet! Enjoy moving about with a little puppy throwing bones around. aw

- We might unlock more in the future, but what you had + all this + future events, should make for some fun perks.

- Two secret cosmetic perks can be unlocked by posting your IGN on the forums in the Groups/Ranks Unlock July 2020 thread.
    Note: Trouble finding the thread? Talk to @Nix

- Post your screenshots of you using /perk, or spotting someone using it here, and we will unlock the disco banner perk for you when the developer has fixed the bug.

Thank you for reading our changelogs.

8. OP
    Floris

July 13th, 2020:

Sunday sick day.

- Restarted the server to activate some maintenance.

- Compiled a new Spigot 1.15.2 jar while I was at it.

- Fixed an issue with the /perk banners hopefully.

- Stayed in bed because I felt kinda sick today.

Plans for Monday: walks and bike rides, drinking water and ignoring life.

9. OP
    Floris

July 14th, 2020:

Maintenance day.

- We've noticed some instability with the recent json updates, and have addressed these properly now, I think. This affected four different plugins, so they've been all updated.

- Restarted the server.

- We're purging data from worlds that we will not roll back, drastically lowering our database size. Allowing us to keep 12+ months of data for the important worlds. Rather than deciding with 1.16's update to lower this to 9+ months.

Thank you all for playing and for reporting issues. If you have suggestions, please use the forum or discord.

10. OP
    Floris

July 15th, 2020:

Death events on the Server

- Server restarted to remove the plugin that might be causing the death events to trigger unexpected behavior.

- This means /perk no longer works until we have a fix.

We will leave the server running for 24 hours to see how it runs now, before doing further maintenance.

Have fun playing, and don't forget to report issues in the correct channel on discord or the forums.

11. OP
    Floris

July 16th, 2020:

Taking it easy.

- Restarted the server a few times to quick fix some plugins that had updates.
    Note: Nobody was online, so it's fine.

- Updated CMI and a few other plugins that improved hex color support.
    Note: Yay, we can start tweaking custom colors soon.

Having fun playing Minecraft, see you online later maybe?

12. OP
    Floris

July 17th, 2020:

Stability improvements day.

- Updated the /rules (latest post got added about the 1MB nether star
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/minecraft-rules.260946/#post-759545

- 1MB version 2.8.x has been updated, this includes all the plugins we have for it.

- Spigot 1.16.1 has been recompiled, and patched up with 1MB's network/api stuff.

- Note: We're pretty close to having the 1MB stuff stand-alone and still be invisible in-game, making it an option to consider Tuinity or Paper at some point to squeeze another % of performance out of it.

- We've been reviewing future java versions and dropped a lot of deprecated java 8 stuff in our 1MB plugins.

- Updated a total of 15 network servers to 1.16.1 now, but put a halt on it. Once Stockholm is back from vacation and 1.16.2 gets released, we will update those 15 to 1.16.2, including this 1MB server, and then start converting the rest.

- Merged 2 creative servers into 1. The hosting provider gave us a bigger box to cover the difference (at no cost).

- Dissolved 1 whitelist server. They've stopped playing and have a copy of the world. And we've had a little chat about it. Everything is okay. We might load up the world into another whitelist server in the future if they wish to continue playing again.

- Note: This lowers the counter from 54 to 51 servers on the network. The next merge will be 2 stand alone mini game servers into 1. We're still in talks with OVH.

- To clarify: 1MoreBlock.com will not change.

- The grace-period for 1.15.2 to 1.16.1 is over now. We've removed the protocol hacky stuff, please connect with 1.16.1 vanilla clients to 1.16.1 1MB server.

- Updated CMI plugin to fix a few more hex color features.

- Restarted the server to activate maintenance.

This was a weird week for me. Let's just say that.

13. OP
    Floris

July 18th, 2020:

Noms

- Updated the broken Mystery Melon.
    Note: /charlie is where you can buy them.
    Note: If you wish to exchange broken ones, contact mrfloris

- Mystery Melon fixes:
    Note: Properly linked to Player in database.
    Note: Shop at /charlie updated with the new item.
    Note: Fancy new colors
    Note: Can actually be consumed now
    Note: Hearts goes to 100% healing
    Note: Hunger is set to 20 (the max)
    Note: No longer outputs server msgs.
    Note: Price went up to 2500 to buy and sell.
    Note: And you only get one use out of them.

Note: 1 old mystery melon will be traded against 2 new ones.

14. OP
    Floris

July 19th, 2020:

Colors.

- The TAB list and in-game chat is getting a little refresher. You might notice slight color changes.
    Note: 1.16.x supports Hex colors, we're slowly updating to support this. Hopefully getting a fresher look.

- Shut the server down when the backup system showed performance issues.

- Will look into why the backup system is failing, probably a dying hard drive.
    Note: Yep, we run without making backups now. What could go wrong.

- Fixed a few little bugs and tiny issues reported by players.

- We had a mini 3x mcMMO exp event. I hope you all got some levels.
    Note: Don't miss out, keep an eye on #events
    Note: Bigger events will be announced in-game and on the forums as well.

Have a colorful weekend.

15. OP
    Floris

July 20th, 2020:

Minor maintenance.

- Made a new Spigot jar and updated some plugins.

- Started working with the456gamer on a github repository

- Started a trial run of letting mobs drop their heads

I started watching the series brave new world.

16. OP
    Floris

July 21st, 2020:

Minor maintenance, part 2.

- Updated CMI

- Updated some API plugins

- Continued work on the github pages

- Testing some fun things.
    Screenshot 2020-07-21 at 07.52.43.png

Ok, see you tomorrow.

17. OP
    Floris

July 22nd, 2020:

Is it the weekend yet?

- Restarted the server to help improve performance, because Java.

- Updated the 1MB API functions, they have better error checking now.

- Removed 1MB Protocol features, it's limited to 1.16.1 now.

- Updated CMI to the latest version, improving on Hex colors and other minor changes.

- Fixed the colors a little bit on the . "welcome back " type of msgs.
    Note: Will tweak more colors tomorrow.

- Purged the msgs in the #server-chat Discord channel, please read the pinned msgs.
    Note: We do this every other day or so, if we don't forget.

- Purged 16.7 million records from the rollback database, from the temporary worlds. Since the update of 1.16.x we've used new seeds and worlds for them, there's no option to use that rollback data obviously. Will do more tomorrow.

- Purged 2.7 million records from the rollback database, from worlds we no longer use.
    Note: Will do more of them tomorrow.

- Updated the 1MB Market plugins. Hopefully they're less buggy.
    Note: Someone remind me to rebuild the language and configuration files.

- The 1MB Ores announcer features got an update, permissions will follow later.

- The 1MB Heads features will be slightly adjusted. Mobs you fill more frequently will have their chance values slightly lowered in the next week or so.

- An internal tool that was spitting out an error has been updated, hopefully fixing that.

- Internal testing for the 1MB Hunting feature has started again. We're still discussing if we even want to bring it back.

- Internal tool 'findusers.sh' has been updated to 0.0.2
    Note: CMI customers will soon be able to download this, I might release it (even though it's very tiny tool)

- We're discussing if we should introduce command costs, to help balance the economy.

- The /sell logs from previous months have been purged.

- The /money logs from previous months have been purged.

- Crash logs have been analysed, processed, and purged.

- Minor changes to our 1MB /discord server.

- Moderated pending accounts on OMGboards.com
    Note: Hint, get an account while you can

- Added private #github channel for the 1MB Github page.

- Continued work on the 1MB Github page, documentation-wise.

- Started organizing older todo lists merging owners to current owners, admins to current admins. team members to current team members, etc. Making sure we don't accidentally forget about something.

- VERY ALPHA version of /togglemobs has been introduced, we don't recommend wasting your money on this at the moment.
    Code:
    Gives you the permission: worldguard.region.flag.flags.deny-spawn.* if you do not have it. And only if you can afford it (cost is 1 million bucks)
    deny-spawn is a FLAG under /here, and allows you to set a list of entity types that cannot spawn in you owned region.

- Looked at the #support channels on /forum and /discord, and noticed nothing is there to do, so that's great.

I stayed up all night, I don't feel like doing anything Minecraft anymore, back tomorrow.

18. OP
    Floris

July 23rd, 2020:

Nothing much today

- Restarted the server to activate some maintenance and to improve performance.

- Internally discussed policy changes with some admins and owners. Prepping for fall season events.

- Leaving the server running for a day so we can figure out how things are going with all the recent changes.

- Trying to learn the 1MB Claim plugins so we can get /wild and /soul going with 1.16.2
    Note: I really wished it was out sooner, it's a waiting game, but.. i need to learn anyway.

Coffee helps I hear.

19. OP
    Floris

July 24th, 2020:

It's the weekend soon! Minecraft time.

- Restarted the server to active the maintenance changes.

- Updated mcMMO.
    Note: Furnaces now change ownership to the last player who clicks in their inventory and is legally allowed to break the furnace
    Note: This is handled internally, and is not the same as 'registered ownership' from the Jobs plugin.
    Note: Smelting now has a Bonus Drops section in config.yml We are using the default.
    Note: Fix brewing stand not consuming items
    Note: Bunch of code fixes.

- Updated CMI plugin.
    Note: Text would become green after @tagging someone, this should now be fixed.
    Note: The time cycling at night had a few issues, hopefully these have now been fixed.
    Note: Fixes to some kit handling.

- We are still discussing if we are going to charge /money for using certain commands.

- Most skulls that we can recognize ownership to will properly display this again when you right click them.

- The chatrooms work a lot better, and permissions are correct again.

- The custom fireworks "should" work again. Or at least, they say it works on 1.16.1. We will see.

- Internal protocol handling plugins updated.

- 1MB NPC stuff has received updates.

- It's possible you end up less on the roof in the /nether when you /rtp

- Further improvements to the /market, /ah.
    Note: Hopefully this doesn't corrupt data.

- Updated a bunch of internal tools for better 1.16.x support.

- Maybe we will turn on Double Exp this weekend. It depends on how many people are online.

See you soon.

20. OP
    Floris

July 25th, 2020.

Shell scripting time.

- I've been going through the existing shell scripts for the network, and .. they are complicated. Learned a lot of bash shell scripting again today.

- I've also been going through the existing public ones, and put them on the github for sharing.

- Started updating the public scripts to actually have some of the private scripts code in it.

- Started going through the mvlist on the 1mb server, and running a new chunk generation tool to double check we've got things properly pre-generated.

- mcMMO Double exp is still running I think.

I felt rather poorly today due to a headache, so other maintenance has been pushed to Monday.

21. OP
    Floris

July 26th, 2020

Welp, hurt my back, so .. no maintenance.

See you tomorrow.

22. OP
    Floris

July 27th, 2020

No maintenance, back still hurts.

See you tomorrow.

23. OP
    Floris

July 28th, 2020:

Back Pain sucks..

- Restarted the server with a new Spigot jar

- Updated Residence plugin

- Made slight changes to some shell files

- Reviewed other plugins for updates, but without the time to test, I am holding off on that.

See you tomorrow.

24. OP
    Floris

July 29th, 2020:

Fighting depression.

- Updated the 1MB plugins (thanks Roberto).
    Note: Stripped out more stuff we didn't need.

- Updated the 1MB shell scripts (thanks me)
    Note: Updating them to be less 1995 and more 2020.
    Note: Ubuntu 20 issue is known, will fix later.

- Updated the Spigot build to the latest version.
    Note: Patched it with the 1MB stuff.

- Restarted the server.

Bad eyes, bad health, bad back, bad life, bad family issues, everything's bad today.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice