Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. Connect today Guest, to explore, mine, build and survive.
    1MB is a public, family-friendly #minecraft survival server, version 1.16.5.
    We're small, but have a friendly face. Invite your friends and come play!
    Features include: mcMMO RPG, Rewards for Achievements, a /market,
    Multiple worlds, sit on a chair, events, Economy, and more.

Minecraft Changelog

Discussion in '1MoreBlock.com Information' started by Floris, Dec 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

March 25th, 2021:

FLORIS WHAT IS THAT NOISE!

- Updated the /achievements plugin, and the advancements have to sync up. Sorry.. If you've played before you are going to hear some ding dong noises - just mute for 5 seconds. We gave an announcement in the #announcement ahead of time, so .. read announcements and you don't get unpleasant surprises.

- There are new /achievements now! 64 in total, and there's room for us to make even more. So check in the summer perhaps what you're missing.

- Updated 1MB 2.8.8 to the latest version.

- Updated Paper 1.16.5 to the latest version.

- Updated a handful of plugins to their latest version.

- Updated the BentoBox features to their latest version.

- Updated the 1MB Cave, /cave > pick default, if you don't have a cave yet. Existing players will not lose their existing caves, you can keep playing :)
    Note: more info: https://omgboards.com/threads/1mb-cave-information.263640/

- The TPA features for gametypes have been turned off (as we've mentioned for months that we would haha)

- To visit a friend on cave, acid, skygrid, skyblock, or oneblock, get to level 10 and then you can place a [welcome] sign. They can then join.

- Force calculate the island with /skyblock level, or /oneblock level, and to join it is /skyblock warp theirname, or /oneblock warp theirname

- There have been permission updates for a few plugins, for example to the /ah (/market) to make sure people can't be naughty and try to exchange items over.

- Fixed a huge oopsie with the /anvil feature, <shifty eyes>, thank for reporting enderdip.

- Removed some signs that weren't family friendly.

- Updated Discord to have more channels, go check them out!

- Groups in Minecraft will sync up with Discord roles and give you access to a few more channels. How to get started? Check #roles ! (spoiler: link your mc<-> discord account)

- Server crash with bamboo has been fixed, people exploiting it will be auto reported to the bunny police.

- Added a public hangout channel for the staff and members, if you want to bother staff members with some more serious questions but it isn't really needed to start a ticket: do it there! Or .. poke them with a stick and say hello to them to see if they're still around. hehe

- Added a private /streamer command - if you want to live-stream on our server and get access to it, be sure to be an affiliate or at least a regular streamer and I will add you to the perm list.

- I've done a buuunch of other stuff to try and tweak some plugin configurations, improve on permissions and double check some of our settings. Thank you all for the continued support and feedback. if you want to say thank you with a donation our paypal is paypal.me/mrfloris, we will buy a pizza slice with it and then pay for our domain name or some other involved costs.

See you all online

• Love it Love it x 1
  2. OP
    Floris

March 29th, 2021:

Whoo, the first week of the Spring Update is behind us.

- Soon: The 1MoreBlock ZEN features! Subscribe to my youtube to learn all about this new feature that we will soon announce.

- The Purge has started, the first phase is still ongoing. Old accounts and old content on the forums are being reviewed and processed.

- If you want a forum account and don't have one: You need it for Easter! Then sign up and let me know, I will approve it.

- Updated Paper to the latest build.

- Updated a bunch of plugins to their latest build.

- Quickly took a look at new players and their clients, resource packs, mods, etc. Processed findings.

- Added some groups to the bypass list in case the server gets full. This way regulars can keep playing.

- mcMMO updated to give support for sweet berry bushes and to fix a bunch of stuff.

- Our server IP showed up in a MrBeast video that now has millions of views. Well okay then. Thank you Jimmy.

- Cool CMI updates to help us with our upcoming features!

- For now, and only in /general, the /perk command is back!
    Note: New perks will be unlocked during April
    Note: Any old perk you had is still there (or, it should be)

- A potential dupe issue was found, but we never gave the players these permissions, so, nobody could use it anyway; but it's fixed now.

- Banned some players that were blatantly ignoring staff in regards to item stealing and griefing. You might see a video on youtube where they get banned.

- The /cave default cave has been updated!

- Upgraded Bentobox to the latest version, in preparation to the new border and new /boxed game.

- The new border is live now! /skyblock border, /oneblock border, etc.

- More commands that shouldn't work in Skyblock etc have been properly blocked now.

- Did you see all the Discord changes?! Go chat!

- The upcoming Zen Features will soon be announced and introduced, we can't wait to show you how we're going to fight lag in 1.17.

- Thousands of banned accounts on the forums have been unbanned, if they had 0 posts.

- Tens of thousands of discussions on the forums that were made before 2017 have been moved to our historical archive.

- The content of old threads will no longer be visible, access to it can be requested.

- Double exp events will start again in April, which it is soooon.

- Headsup, we are still doing /celebration things, we're picking it back up again in April. We just needed a little break from all the crazy times we've had in March.

See you all online soon.

3. OP
    Floris

April 2nd, 2021:

April Fools was fun, and a special Shoutout in this changelog to a few people (stay tuned, you won't believe what happens next)

- Restarted the server to active some April Fools things.

- Note please that this changelog includes changes made today, yesterday, and the last few days of March.

- Stiffereled made an awesome April Fools youtube video for us!
    Note: https://omgboards.com/threads/new-the-1moreblock-zen-features.263644/
    Note: Thank you so much for the video, it's awesome. Shoutout https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGoPzfGzegeyPB0TfS7YM0w

- mcMMO levels like crafting and diving, turns out.. April Fools, sorrrry!

- We've received a few donations, so cool. Thank you, this helps pay for hosting, services, domains, resources, etc.
    Note: Thank you @Vloop for bumping @JaCkper his rank to Donator!
    Note: Thank you @EugeneNubberslaw for your donation!

- Updated the Paper engine to the latest version.

- Updated CMI a few times to fix a few problems with Anvil and introduce new placeholders that we needed.

- We added the Spring kit !!
    Note: /kits

- We temporarily had /kit zen, giving calming tea, drinking it would reset your walking speed.

- We temporarily had /zen, giving information about the zen features for April Fools.

- Oh no, more mcMMO player data corruption. I think this 10 year old flatfile database is falling apart. We might have to make some drastic changes soon.

- Updated mcMMO a few times to try and fix things, introduce berry support, and fix berry exp bugs. Things should be fine now.

- Cleaned up the March Meet & Greet channel. Thank you all for joining our Discord, with HelenAngel being our 150th member!

- We're opening discussions-channels to Content Creators in our Discord creators channel. Hopefully we can help eachother in 2021.

- The /chat command has better tab complete now.

- The /motd is updated to better match the 1MB Theme!

- The temporary zen info has been removed from the motd.

- The MOTD of the server list has updated. It's more 'friendly' now. i M nOT a ROBot

- Updated the /chests command, it's matching the 1MB Theme now, has up to date info, and it's a bit easier to read.

- Updated the /worlds command, it's matching the 1MB Theme now, has up to date info, and it's a bit easier to read.

- Updated the /newplayer command, it's matching the 1MB Theme now, has up to date info, and it's a bit easier to read.

- Finally: /vote tokens
    Note: IT WORKS, i think.. sorry bout that

- The /kit winter has officially been disabled, sorry. Get the spring kit!

- The players that join the server for the first time have a bit of a different kit. The diamond ore is gone. They get iron to get started. They get less food, and they have 2 books with info. Hopefully this will give them enough info about our survival and gametype worlds.

- When any player joins the server now and has /mail, it will isolate the message a bit more so it's easier to read. And the msg tries to match the 1MB Theme a bit more.

- Yikes, we're still trying to figure out how to add /boxed

- Generic changes to things some players have reported.

- Closed resolved support tickets on Discord

- Glanced over tickets that are still open and scheduled some time (was planned for yesterday but was in bed with migraine all day)

- Updated the mee6 bot, it had new things, more things, better things.. Slowly making changes.

- The rollback data is now shorter, remember? I gave a bunch of headsups on this: GO CHECK YOUR BUILDS FOR GRIEF and THEFT, and report it within a timely manner. Especially with 1.17 it will be more data to store so we're shortening the time.

- Purged grief and inventory rollback data.

- The inventories for before April 1st have been purged. We're starting with a fresh backup-database for inventories April 1st, - if you ever have an inventory issue, stop in game, write down what happened, perhaps include a screenshot and /pos coordinates and report it to us so we can look into it asap.

- Log files from server /logs/ before a certain date will be purged soon.

- Log files and backup files from various plugins will be purged soon.

- Banned users on the forums have been purged if they had 0 posts.

- Users that signed up between 2001 and 2016 and never made a post, have now been purged from the forums.

- The inside scoop forum has been moved to the lounge.

- The meet and greet forum threads have been moved to the lounge (and forum deleted)

- The minecraft category on the forums have been moved all the way to the top.

- Outdated threads in the OMG sub-forums made between 2001 and 2016 have been moved to the historical archives.

- Content of threads in the OMG archives have been set to request only. Only recent members can request access to thread content, but basically nobody can see inactive thread content.

- Operating systems for the forums have been updated to their latest patches and updates.

- Some discord channels have been slightly tweaked, re-ordered or permissions have changed.

- Anti raid bot has been set to active, naughty ppl learn the word yeet. (you get banned)

- Purged 30+ day inactive members without a role from Discord (if you were a real person, just join again! (and maybe be active this time around))

- Headsup! Easter Event on the 4th of April. Due to lack of time it will be pretty chill. We are looking forward to seeing you online for some surprises. We are probably not giving a lot of headsup this year.

- Headsup! The Celebration stuff continues this month, once easter is over we will give you more details again!

- A shoutout to the youtube and twitch streamers xDaniChii, VloopPlays, m0o0oeh, and others who have been streaming!

- Headsup! Scheduled downtime. We might have two scheduled downtimes during very quiet hours that will last longer than usually (up to 6 hours for example) to do hardware, software updates, upgrades and backups, and to prepare for 1.17 upgrades in the future.

As you can see, we don't sit still. And there's loads more! Small typo updates, small tweaks to commands, improvements to annoying things like /is not working. We notice what you do, the good and bad, and we act on it. And we try to listen to your feedback. Something wrong? Be timely, be constructive, and dont DM me, but open a support ticket so the right person can follow up when they have the time.

Need an account on the forum? Sign up! Poke me what username you signed up with and we will approve it. Access is limited now, and only the coolest of the coolest get in (that's you!)

I have to admit, I probably forgot about 20% of the things we've worked on and it's not on this changelog, apologies!

• Love it Love it x 1
  4. OP
    Floris

April 6th, 2021:

We've noticed some awesome new people coming in from server lists search results, welcome!

- Updated 1MB to the latest 2.8.8 build.

- Deleted server engine caches, rebuilding, re-patching.

- Updated Paper to the latest build.

- Found more mcMMO corruption, manually fixed the database - fingers crossed I guess.

- Updated the mcMMO plugin as well.

- Added the anti Discord raid bots bot to our Discord.

- Closed and cleaned up the Zen features thread and features on the forum and in-game.

- Removed the 'reset to walk speed 1' command on-join, if you still can't walk at normal speed: reach out to staff!

- The Zen kit is now disabled.

- Cleaned up some region protection stuff.

- The /perk command is now limited to the /general world again.

- Cleaned up some user specific permissions.

- Updated the description to be more current and friendly on the six voting websites.

- The backup inventory plugin had some archives, purged them.

- Updated the purge-thread on the forums here.

- I've removed /spawn/playerdata/ from 2011 to jan 1st 2015 - checked against last modified and first-created filenames attributes. If players have joined then, but haven't joined since 2015, I think it's fair enough today to get rid of their data.

- I've removed /spawn/stats/ 2011-jan-1st-2015 (checked last created & last modified) Same thing..

- Made a manual backup of the server after the easter event.

- Access to the Easter world has been removed again.

- Users that were still in this world have been moved to spawn.

- Keep inventory and keep exp has been disabled again. You can lose items/stuff again.

- Some references to the easter world have been removed from some configuration files.

- Removed everybody still in the 1MB Jail. We've had our chats, or their time has run out. Just "spring cleaning"

- Forum accounts pending moderation have been moderated.

- The forum thread about the easter event has been updated to indicated the event is over.

- /motd updated, removed the easter thing

- Cleaned up 'events' in CMI (for example, removing falling into the void in the easter world, etc)

- Updated the /events, /easter, /egghunt and /egghunt fly commands.

- The /easter/ world has been uninstalled, zipped up and archived to return next year.

- Quick xray and hack client checks have been performed. We're keeping an eye on a few players. Stop using this stuff and we will stop looking.

- There were changes to the Voting plugins, we've updated them. Test shows that voting still works.

- The Permission Manager plugins had updated. We've updated them. It looks like things are working fine.

- The NPC plugins had updates, so we've updated them as well.

- /sell "/logs/" from 2020 and older have been purged deleted.

- /money "/logs/" from 2020 and older have been purged deleted.

- We've reviewed and removed /advancements/ files from uuid files from the general world from 2017 and before. They haven't played in years. They can get those again if they get back.

- Special mcMMO region files have been removed from /spawn and /general that are from 2011 to jan 1st 2018

- logs files from server/logs/ removed that were older than a certain date.

- cleaned up #events channel on Discord so there's less clutter. also just telling ppl there to check the thread on the forum via announcements.

- There were a few fixes for the plugins that help run /builders, those fixes are now live.

- Over 700 mcMMO users with 0 levels have been removed from mcMMO player data. They logged in 100+ months ago, but still today have 0 power level.

- Rollback data has been purged that's over 52 weeks old. We will soon run another batch of 51 weeks and the next time after that 50 .. in anticipation of 1.17 we have to tighten things up. REPORT griefs to us in a timely manner.

- Disabled an annoying advancement that new players were getting.

- General maintenance to the server, cleaning up commands, making sure things don't tab complete when needed. Changing colors here and there. Tweaking a setting from x mobs to some new value. Stuff like that.

- Raised the price of "beacon" in the /points shop from 350 to 400 points. Because as a nether star it has more value. See below.

- Removed beacon from the /points shop, it's now a nether star. This way it can be used in more features.

- Added heart of the sea to the /points shop, it's set to 400, looking forward to hearing arguments why to lower the value.

- Closed some support tickets opened by users, after hopefully properly resolving them.

- Deleted some older closed support tickets, both public and private ones.

Thank you for playing.

5. OP
    Floris

April 14th, 2021:

1MoreBlock.com upgraded to version 2.8.9 as part of our Spring Update 2021.

- Upgraded the Paper engine multiple times this last week to ensure certain issues we kept running into are finally addressed.

- Upgraded plugins like WorldEdit / WorldGuard / Plotsquared / Citizens and a couple more to play nice with the latest Paper build.

- Updated plugins like CMI, mcMMO, Achievements, and a few more to play nice with the latest WE/WG/PS/C versions.

- More about java16 in a second, but temporarily uninstalled some aSync plugins that do not play nice with java16. However, we don't need these to run the server. And they will be back.

- We've completely dropped java7, any references in our 1MB plugins or some legacy script etc. has been removed.

- We've marked java8 as legacy now. We're keeping it around as an upgrade path from pre-1.13 worlds. Don't worry about it, another year and it's gone too.

- We've retired java11 for now, it's there in case java16 doesn't work out.

- We've upgraded everything to java16 and tested all our plugins. So far so good.
    Note: PLEASE REPORT ISSUES TO THE STAFF WHEN YOU SEE THEM. That way we can take action as soon as possible.

- Plan-b for java: We can hot swap between java16/java11 in case there's some showstopping bugs that we find.

- Every old 1MB version 2.8.7 or older is no longer supported. The whole network is on 2.8.8 or 2.8.9, and we're moving to 2.8.9 when tests complete. 2.8.7 is 'archived', everything else is getting purged.

- Talking about purging, it has started. We will let you know what we've purged, keep reading.

- Discord: Created a new bot-master role to improve 'security', and to prevent potential abuse.

- Discord: Better organized the team-roles for certain bot dashboards.

- Discord: Added a new !groups command that will introduce you to our in-game groups.

- Made a manual backup of the last run of 1mb 2.8.8 server, and put it on the other drive as a precaution. If todays update completely fails, we can roll back to that one I guess.

- Upgraded the plugins that let us have multiple worlds. We haven't since 1.12 or 1.13 basically. It was time.

- Upgraded the plugins that let us have multiple inventory groups for worlds. Same deal, we haven't in ages, it was really really time.

- 1MB Patch is injected into Paper directly, well, more of it. This lets us hide things better, and heck, it even runs a little faster.

- Updated the live-shell files. I will hopefully soon have time to bump things to github.

- Fixed an issue with the computer system that the server runs on. Yikes, that is a terrible way to start a computer.

- The OS on the systems are up to date for the version they are running, we hard shutdown everything (properly) and let it come back online. ITZALIVE

- Switches reconfigured for the latest network setup.

- Routers firmware updated, shutdown and started back up again.

- Modem firmware updated, shutdown, and started it back up again.

- mcMMO player data test case plugin patch version build thing running live now. Hopefully this helps us fight this weird data corruption we've noticed lately.

- mcMMO exploits that were reported are fixed.

- mcMMO memory leak issue resolved hopefully.

- LWC chest/container protection plugin updated.

- CMI debug code maybe injected to do some secret testing.

- Our /fish plugin has received a bunch of updates.

- I've been spending days trying to test case java16 and talk to authors about any issues. Boy, talk about stress for me AND for java.

- Discord: Integration with Minecraft fixed where usernames with underscores would get trimmed or escaped.

- Forever cakes should no longer disappear, a handful of bugs have been fixed, and it's time to test. Lost a cake? Contact us!

- /fish exploit with /fish stats fixed, Improvements to the Tournaments feature (we should really use this more huh!)

- Fixed an issue in 1MB Core to better play nice with Paper and paper fixes disclosing protocol version, etc. Yay, no more issues.

- Loads of cool new features and bug fixes and added options, perms, etc. with the last few updates of the CMI and core plugins. Too much to mention. One for example allows a player to create a visit with multiple warp points. FREAKIN AWESOMEEE.. more about that in the future.

- log4j or whatever got removed, some plugins that weren't playing nice like Enginehub stuff needed to get updated. Oh yeah sure, I love wasting more of my time.

- Discord: Kicked out some bots we don't use anymore. And stopped paying for support/patreon for some bots that we hardly ever use and aren't worth the money anymore.

- Discord: Cleaned up some bot roles and permissions. There's more to do, but this is a start.

- A bunch of Bukkit, Craftbukkit and Spigot changes were upstream patched into Paper, we updated Paper and have all of those "so that is nice".

- The456gamer started work on a command list for players, so we can learn what Discord command there are that are worth looking into.

- Discord: Added !shop and coins and items and games and awesome things. Check out the #offtopic or #bot-commands channel and type !daily every day. We're still setting things up, but we need to test as well. Collect coins early!

- Discord: Oopsy, we discovered that players could use !give-exp and stuff, when mee6 added these they didn't auto disable things it seems. Thank you guys for not abusing this! <3

- The456gamer has done some amazing work on the resource pack stuff. If only ppl knew!!

- Accidentally .. left .. the server .. in maintenance mode .. the other day EMBARSZZINGGGg

- mcMMO: Purged 23 users that never used mcMMO for 90 months and older.

- mcMMO: Purged 0 users that have not used mcMMO in 90 months and older. We will soon purge 80 months, then 70.. etc.

- mcMMO placeholders were not showing for some reason. Hit the server with a stick and it should be fine again. Someone test it pls :D

- Grief rollback data older than 51 weeks purged. 1 million records are now gone. If you find out tomorrow you were griefed nearly a year ago, sorry.. As announced multiple times we will start to work towards storing data of 6+ months. Check your builds frequently!

- Added in-game command: /account discord, which will list your account balances to discord #server-chat

- Added in-game command: /fish discord, which will list fishing stats to discord #server-chat for mcmmo fishing, jobs fishing, and /fish stats. Pretty nifty.

- Updated: /jobs discord

- Updated: /mcstats discord

- Discord bot renamed in #server-chat to Server

- Discord bot renamed in global to Warden

- Renamed a few more bots like ticket, covid, etc. Making it a bit easier to understand which bot says what.

- When a player goes to sleep in-game it will now say zzz->playername, pretty nifty (suggestions? Let us know!)

- Updated the swear filter to catch a few more terms, and we will quietly deal with those players now.

- The hover-over-username in-game chat msgs have matched the 1mb theme colors now, and it is easier to read. It now also includes your balances for /money and /points. Oh and it also shows the usergroup with the more appealing display name rather than the internal group id name.

- mcMMO issue with null usernames is now hopefully fixed.
    Note: Thank you nossr50 for excellent personal support (and your patience)

- The first phase of changing the group chat colors has started. Some (most) groups have their own color now. New players are default colors, boosted have a color, then builders have a green tint, sponsors a blue one, and staff a red one.

- The 2nd phase will tweak these colors, we will try to balance them, and we're open to suggestions!

- The Voting Plugins have been updated to fix some silly little issues.

- The Discord integration plugins received major updates, but they're features we don't have time to look into now. We've made sure things currently run as they were running before. Hopefully with more free time we can start experimenting tweaking some fun new cool things.

- Anvil issues seem resolved. You can use it again.

- Soulbind fixes are now live. We can start handing out soulbind again. Old soulbind items are auto upgraded, dont' worry.

- Last week there was a massive CMI update that gave us all the little tweaks and bells and whistles that we need for our custom 250+ commands and features. Super awesome, I honestly don't see the old essentialsx doing that sorta stuff. Yay for actual modern plugins and progress.

- Fixed an issue with some players having multiple hearts in their records. We now know how to fix this (sorta)

- With the help of Ady, Vloop and others we've now got a new description for the vote sites. All six vote sites have had a tiny bump in titles, tags, descriptions, etc. Hopefully making us more appealing, and accurate.

- Player data from world files that are older than x years and haven't had them login in y time, and do not have more than z playtime .. and other weird algorithm conditions like that.. purged.

- The same for stats.

- We removed advancements files from uuid files from the general world from 2017 and before. They haven't played in years. They can get those again if they get back.

- And another 25+ small tweaks that I forgot to probably write down or just don't remember.

Phew, we made it to the end of this Spring Update changelog.

We are now on 2.8.9 !! Enjoy :)

6. OP
    Floris

April 19th, 2021:

Important: World updates and mcMMO updates - please read

WORLDS:

- With the recent news from Mojang about the delay/split of caves and cliffs update we're forced to make some more drastic changes.
    Note: The /souls and /wild worlds have been shelved for now, and we will wait until we have some facts before introducing them both as new perm worlds. Again, apologies for the delay.
    Note: More info: https://omgboards.com/threads/sorry-new-worlds-are-on-hold.263649/

- We will not expand the /general world border when 1.17 comes out. We're saving updated world generation for the resource worlds and the future /souls and /wild world.

- When we upgrade to 1.17 or 1.18 or 1.19, we will not get rid of the /general world. It's a perm world.

- When we upgrade to 1.17 or above, we will reset the resource worlds /mine, /nether, and the /end, so you have full access to all the new game mobs and resources.

- We have and are still slowly updating the nitpicky configurations of our worlds:
    Note: Legacy features, and configuration issues are sneaking into our Universe. We're trying to identify and resolve them.
    Note: We are updating tickable view distance, and non-tick view distance, dynamic server tick control for the worlds.
    Note: And we're changing the random tick speed on a per world basis. For example: speeding it up in easy worlds, slowing it down in hard mode worlds.

- Most of the world configuration changes are to help improve the gaming experience, overall server performance, and to slowly prepare for future releases that introduce yet again a batch of mobs, blocks, game mechanics, updates, biome changes, world height changes, etc. If you find any issues: REPORT THEM, we have a ticket system on Discord in #support, anda button on the forum to start a support discussion.

MCMMO

- In the last 6 months we've had a few forms posted on twitter, discord, forums, in-game, etc. And have given everybody a heads-up that we're going to make some changes in 2021 in regards to Jobs and mcMMO. I have an idea which direction we want to take it, and with your feedback through these forms I am now able to make the first of a few bigger moves.
    Note: And yes, I am well aware that these will not be really popular changes, if you have a suggestion please open a new support ticket on the forum or on discord. This way the staff can read it and participate. DM complaints will be ignored.

- mcMMO nerfing will start in 2021, we have a year of analytics on your gameplay and grinding, farming, etc. And we're going to balance that against our economy and feature set. Not to make it harder for you, but to help with the overall game experience for users from any group.

- mcMMO Features are for our survival worlds. As a long-standing bug they've worked in all the worlds.
    Note: As mentioned, and after asking our community to let us know, we feel better at turning it off in the worlds it shouldn't work in.
    Note: And yes, we are open to discussing re-adding it to certain worlds.

Screenshot_2021-01-18_at_10.30.20.png Screenshot_2021-01-18_at_10.30.36.png

- More exploit-fixes have been resolved by the author of the plugin, and we've started enabling a few of these. This means certain auto grinding is more difficult, or will automatically be stopped.

MAINTENANCE:

- Updated 1MB 2.8.9 to the latest version.

- Updated Paper engine to the latest version.

- Processed all in-game /mail I have received. Thank you for your questions!

- Uninstalled the /claim plugins for /Souls and /Wild, they will return when we revisit the introduction of these worlds. The wait is on Mojang now.

- mcMMO database corruption is being looked into, further issues that have been identified are addressed. We've got debug code actively keeping an eye on potential corruption so we can help identify what might be causing this.
    Note: If you notice your mcMMO levels being reset to 0, take a screenshot, report it to us, we can try to check our backups and help restore your levels. Reporting it weeks or months later makes this impossible, we will ignore the request.

- Removed the /souls and /wild, and /claim and /wild info commands. If they are there now still, they just point to the information thread on the forums.

- Shelved the souls and wild worlds, and uninstalled them.

- 25+ commands that had suggestion-tab-complete on but didn't need it; now have that set to off. This makes it a bit more comfortable to use these commands.

- Removed the following commands: /pet, /dolphin, /youtuberwish, /optifine, /find, and a few admin only commands.

- Due to mcMMO and Worlds changes, permissions have been slightly updated.

- Reviewed more plugin configuration files, tweaking newly introduced configuration options - hopefully it's all okay now.

- A few tiny tweaks to the /menu command are live now.

- Fixed a tiny issue with the /ranks command.

- Updated the /changelog, /mod, /staff, /apply commands to match the new color theme, and slightly adjusted the phrasing.

- An old /register command has been made legacy, it's useless. But it's up to date useless at least. We will remove it in the future.

- Moved certain /1mb commands into the 1MB plugins.

- Removed the /1mb commands in-game, players can no longer use them. Staff can use the /cmi prefix instead now.

- World manipulation tools have been adjusted, updated, and tested. We're on java16 now with them, so far so good.

- Added /tptoggle, allowing you to ignore incoming teleport requests from say /tpa, etc. Handy for when you're streaming, or focussed on something, recording something, or do not wish to get bothered by people.

- Fixed a chat breaking feature, it's fixed, faster, and allows us to fight spam bots a bit better.

- Inventories weren't being saved properly to our backup sometimes, very rarely, this should now be fixed.

- Added the /repair toggle, and /salvage toggle commands.
    Note: This is from mcMMO, if you want to avoid accidentally repairing or salvaging your items, toggle these features.

- Added a Discord #HYPE channel, we will soon introduce it hopefully. We're still figuring out the details.

- Discord bot had a startup issue, talked to the dev, a snapshot release fixed it. Yay

- Cleaned up the server startup logging, certain information that we only need during particular maintenance is now no longer displayed.

- Tweaked the disabled categories for the /achievements plugin. Things we can't do - shouldn't be listed!

- Added polished blackstone pressure plate and cauldron to whitelist for creative control config file

- Forever cakes, have you tested it yet? I have stopped getting reports, so I guess it's fixed?

- Stress testing the server to find bottlenecks, breaking features, etc. has completed for 50%, so far it looks we're good.

- In-game the legendary group color has been changed from the wrong legacy one to the new purple-ish one.

- In Discord the legendary group color has been updated to match the in-game colors. And they will auto sync for legendary players who link up their discord with minecraft via #server-chat

- The in-game team group color has been changed from a legacy one to a new red-ish one.

- In Discord the team group color has been updated to match the in-game colors. And they will auto sync for 1mb team members who link up their discord with minecraft via #server-chat

- If you have any suggestions to improve the ingame hex colors for groups, their msgs, etc. Please reach out.

- Banned players who were caught playing using a hacked client, fly mods, etc. Please play fair: don't be a .. unfair player.

- Oh, there's a give-away this week, check this out: https://omgboards.com/threads/10yra-give-away-box-for-april-2021.263650/

TLDR; shelved 2 worlds, updated commands, fixed plugin issues, improved performance, worked towards 1.17 upgrade, and started making bigger changes to mcMMO (while taking community feedback under consideration)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  7. OP
    Floris

April 27th, 2021:

A short break.

- Tooks a short break this week from Minecraft, my brain needed to cool down.

- The server was taken offline today for a few hours to install OS security updates, kernel patches, upgrade Java, and a bunch of other stuff.

- Moderated some pending accounts, and took the appropriate action (Discord, In-game and on the forums)

- Quickly reviewed if there were plugins that needed some updating. It looks like we're okay.

- Updated the Discord <-> Minecraft integration bot/plugin to the latest snapshot.

- Did some 1.17 lib stress testing.

- We now run on AdaptJDK - OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM 16.0.1+9

- Procs, programs, apps, services, etc on the system have been updated.

- Made a manual backup of the server locally, on the second drive and offsite (encrypted, etc)

- CMI updated introducing some cool new things, new placeholders, permission updates, and loads of maintenance updates that we've pointed out. Zrips really has been helping us massively.

- There was an issue with the bottling experience feature, we had to take it offline for a day, it's been resolved now.

- Upstream patches applied from bukkit, craftbukkit, spigot, and paper.

- 1MB version 2.8.9 updated to remove some of these manual patches, and patched into paper again.

- Updated Paper 1.16.5 to their latest build.

- 1,2 million records have been purged from the rollback feature, restoring is now possible up until 48 weeks, soon 47 and then 46.. until we're on 1.17 and we will only store up to 6 months of data.

- Tested 1MB Buildtools script and it works fine with 1.16.5, java 16, and some custom stuff. I will soon push it to github.

- Inactive users (70 months and over) have been purged from the mcMMO database.

- Inactive users (1200+ days and over) have been purged from the Jobs database.

- An owner tool has been updated, tested, we don't live-run it, but it helps us do periodic checks on the server to try and improve performance, quality, etc.

- Discord @ everyone group is no longer allowed to embed, share images and videos. You need to be a regular and active user. If you ARE and you can't post content anymore, reach out to us. We will look into this. The reason behind this is an active exploit in Discord.

- The /achievements plugin has been updated to improve on join performance. Hopefully this helps some players and the overall performance on the server.

- Plan-b inventory saving feature database archived, old archives purged, and new archive created. It will reset early May agian.

- Our 1MB/CMI Github went from version 2.8.x to 2.8.9.

- CMI Github 'alternatives' folder updated.

- The Jobs feature should now only work in the main survival worlds (/general, /end, /nether and /mine)

- The mcMMO feature should now only work in the main survival worlds (/general, /end, /nether and /mine)

- An issue with /kits not being clickable has been resolved.

- The world protection plugins required an update to work nice with the latest Paper build and java16, so we updated.

- The /oneblock and /skyblock limits was not working as desired, we've updated to a latest snapshot, hopefully resolving the issue.

- Give-away is live, see #events

- Time to continue my break. I will be back soon probably. I just need some 'me' time.

Have fun gaming.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    Floris

May 6th, 2021:

It's been busy on the server! Thank you all for playing.

- Renamed a few Discord channels.

- Purged some old server /logs/ that we no longer need.

- Purged some old inventory-backup .sql databases.

- Restarted the inventory-backup database.

- Updated CMI a bunch of times the last few weeks, as many other plugins. Introducing new features, expanding on options, improving performance, stuff like that.

- Updated 1MB 2.8.x and Paper a handful of times, things should be a bit smoother again.

- Improved Discord <-> Minecraft integration.

- Having loads of fun in #bot-commands with new item shop, shop, coins, work, and new games!

- Updated the Permission Managers that we use to achieve some fun things.

- Made a few manual backups and cleaned up some older manual backups to keep things clean.

- Received a donation over PayPal from JackPerByte, thank you! I've bumped you to MVP group.
    Note: If you are also thinking of donating, up until $39 is welcome, but $39 and over and you become Donator
    Note: You can donate on paypal.me/mrfloris

- Added AFK away titles, they show sometimes, it's fun to come back to the computer and it knows you're afk huh.

- Updated Bentobox package, this includes /acid, /cave, /skygrid, /skyblock, /oneblock, and all their addons like Greenhouse, Limits, Levels, Count, Likes, Challenges, and a bunch of other stuff. Woof, big update to do.

- The /achievements received more performance improvements, hopefully this helps everybody again.

- Purged some old archived Discord channels from 2019/2020.

- We've internally decided that 2.8.x is going to be for 1.16, since the bigger biome/worldchanges come with the Christmas release. The 1.17 release will probably be 2.9.x and then 2.3.x for the big christmas/2022 update with new worlds (old worlds are kept, we dont reset those)

- Old -dev- and -test- servers have been purged.
    Note: What has been tested and worked, has been moved upstream to the -live- server

- New -dev- and -test- servers have been created.

- Removed Twitch API integration out of the -live- server, we don't have enough frequent live-streamers to add the extra stress to the server for. We will keep the /streamer command for now.

- We are still looking to add /boxed

- For now the bottled exp plugin has been uninstalled, we've noticed an increase in abuse on it.
    Note: People testing the exploit in the future get auto perm banned. So, realise you're joining to play, not to exploit-test.

- Improved oversized book protection. We've noticed an increase in abuse, and decided it was time to nerf use.
    Note: You can now only have a certain size book (in stored data on disk). Write a page, save it, see how it goes.

- Banned players who were caught cheating with hack clients, and who were flying using cheat mods, etc. You're not welcome, please go away (or play fair)

- There have been a bunch of plugins with small updates, from typing errors, to supporting newer library files or general improvements and bug fixes. Not really worth mentioning.

Have fun gaming everybody, keep voting, keep inviting friends, keep sharing your screenshots on Discord of your builds, and feel free to report back what is broken, doesn't work as expected, or request us to review a feature so we can all as a community try to improve it.

• Love it Love it x 1
  9. OP
    Floris

May 13th, 2021:

Small update, bit busy offline.

- The /chests "/trust" feature has been updated.

- Our internal #SpyDog channel has been fixed.

- Updated some things on Github. And shared a few more little resources.

- Fixed a few things in CMI and got a few new things, so we've updated again.

- Made a manual backup of the server, and moved it to the offsite server.

- Async tools that we use have been updated to their latest versions.

- 1MB Perks related features have been updated.

- Permission tools/handlers have been updated to their latest snapshot builds.

- We had a little issue with Discord <-> Minecraft integration. It's been resolved now.

- Bukkit/Craftbukkit/Spigot and Paper upstream stuff has been updated.

- Updated Paper to latest build.

- Did you hear? We're on Java 16 and Mojang announced 1.17 with java 16. Fantastic.

- Added a batch of regular and nitro emoji to our discord server. Feel free to make a suggestion!

- Added !emoji command to Discord

- Removed a few outdated emoji from our discord.

- Added !boosters command to Discord

- Set up some !economy boosters.

- Removed an old Discord timer to ask to vote, it will now post it every 24 hours in #server-chat on Discord.

- Banned about 100 raid bot user id on Discord as a preventive measure.

- Added Beemo bot to Discord to help fight raid bots (not that we have had these problems to be honest)

- The Pyro /fish plugin has been updated. I think in #minecraft I posted some of the updates/changes.

- As a test in May, we now have MedKits and Bandages thanks to Smeths!
    Note: Still in beta/dev stage, if things go smooth we will keep updating it and testing, and maybe keep it for the rest of the Spring season.
    Note: To craft use paper in + and # pattern in /craft

- Closed some private/public support tickets on Discord

- Cleaned up the #meet channel on Discord

- Cleaned up the #giveaway channel on Discord

- Glanced over the #welcome channel, I think it's ok as it is now, suggestions?

- Cleared out old entries in the #changelog channel on Discord.

And back to offline stuff. But I am around, just a bit less.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice