Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Music for you!

Discussion in 'Ear Ecstasy' started by PosterLuis, May 13, 2011.

1. PosterLuis

PosterLuis OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Hello. What is your opinion about music?

Do you pay attention to what they say or you just listen because the others do too?

When i listen to music, i pay attention to what they say, i try to understand the musing and its meaning. All musics have a meaning and an idea.

I really enjoy 3 doors down sounds as they make me think, and their sounds are my life.

What about you? Why do you listen to music?

2. Trombones13

Trombones13 OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Especially recently, I try to pay more attention to the lyrical content and ethical issues in a song. I took a class last semester on music and globalization that focused on such things, and it made us listen to music in greater detail. Even now that the semester is over, it's caused me to pay more attention and appreciate music more, which is kinda cool. :D

3. Rowro

Rowro OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Depends on my mood. Sometimes I pay close attention and other times I just zone out and get lost in things. Usually I don't pay much attention to the lyrics except for a few parts that will catch my attention.

4. SpiralDale

SpiralDale OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Sometimes I just want to enjoy the music, other times I'm in a reflective mood and the lyrics affect me more.

Depends how I feel really. :)

5. zararina

zararina OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I listen to music to make myself more relaxed specially when i am tired. I also listen to it when i wold like to ease boredom and soothing music also helps me fall asleep faster.

I do like songs that has good or meaningful lyrics and it could give inspiration and hope to the listeners.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2011
  6. Shortie861_oth

Shortie861_oth OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I listen to music on a day to day basis as I love music, it helps me get motivated and relaxes me, I don't know what I would do without music myself. I always listen to the lyrics especially if I am listening from either my iPod or mobile phone :) especially love songs that have a meaning.

7. Cecille

Cecille Your friendly neighbor

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Music makes my world go round. I can't possibly last a day without it. And with regards to the content, good meanings makes me love it even more. Though I admit that sometimes, I don't really care about the lyrics as long a the beat feels great to dance along.

Music also makes me stress-free. So I must that it does me a lot of benefits.

8. MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    My grandmother finally has hearing aids which allows her to be able to hear music. Her past hearing aids didn't. She'd just hear distortion. So for several years, she was unable to listen to music.

That would drive me absolutely crazy!

As for me, I usually listen to the beat than pay attention to the lyrics.

9. Fetter

Fetter More fun than a barrel of STDs

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Everything, literally. I analyze everything, the arrangement, the flow, the beat (if it has one), the delivery of vocals, instrumentation... Even the integrity of the band or musician, which is really more important than one may think, especially since I'm involved in the music industry.

Music as I see it conveys every imaginable emotion possible, I make it my goal to absorb everything that I can, regardless of whether it's negative, positive, or something in-between. I try not to limit myself unless it's something that's plastic and overproduced with the sole intention of turning a profit since I see it as absolutely soulless. There's no passion in the music of Katy Perry and such, there's no emotion or struggle because they've already made it big, and they know that whatever they sing their fans are gonna eat it up.

Plus most pop-stars and popular rock bands don't write their own music. I'm acquainted with a songwriter who's done stuff for big time acts and sold the song to them, they get no creative credit, the band they sell the song to puts their name on the songwriting credit. She doesn't create music for herself, she does it for other people who've made a career out of being fake and portraying an image. I can't stand that, because I don't see music as a business, I see it as a true artistic endeavor. In my mind the music industry is split down the middle, with people who care about their craft, their art, and the other side being concerned with the product and the profit.

10. MainerMikeBrown

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    When I listen to a song sung by a music artist who's a dirtbag, I try just to enjoy the song nonetheless. The thing is that there are so many singers out there that are crummy people. Hence, if I only listen to songs sung by fine, upstanding singers, I would hate a lot more songs on the radio than I do right now.

11. claudine

claudine Found it!

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I love classical music. It's rich and it's beautiful, it makes life better. I really don't understand how people can listen to contemporary music when there is Rachmaninoff, Chopin and Vivaldi. Don't understand it at all. I often hear that I'm odd or that I act like I was 80. Oh well, I don't care. I like making myself happy, not others :mstickle: . I wouldn't listen to something only because it's popular. I also don't care if the composers were good or intelligent people - their music is wonderful and this is enough for me.

12. MainerMikeBrown

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Many people like smooth jazz because it calms them. But in order for music to calm me, not only does it have to be relaxing, it aslo has to be music that I like. Hence, smooth jazz doesn't work for me like it does for many others, as smooth jazz isn't really music I enjoy.