Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

New Years Resolutions

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by luckymadon, Dec 23, 2012.

1. luckymadon

luckymadon OMG Member

I don't make resolutions at New years because I don't like making promises I can't keep. Especially to myself. Normally, it's when I don't make resolutions that I get things done. No pressure. It will get done when I'm least expecting it. How about you?

2. claudine

claudine Found it!

No resolutions :) . I like myself the way I am and I like my imperfections. Imperfections make us unique :mstickle: . I don't want to change anything. If I did, I wouldn't wait for New Years Eve :smug:

3. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

I have never made a New Year resolution and have no intention of ever doing so.

4. Mikey

Mikey :mikey: Staff Member

why not?

5. kobaja

kobaja OMG Member

I don't make a resolution for New Years specifically, but I did make a resolution to lose 10 pounds. I am in shape, but the extra weight bothers me.

6. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

I never felt the need to do so and I doubt I ever will.

• Like Like x 1
  7. PAF_2

PAF_2 OMG Member

I don't make any resolutions either. For me, its better to set a goal for something you want to achieve regardless of the time of year. Then from there take small steps toward obtaining that goal.

8. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh OMG Member

My only resolution is one that I am most of the way towards completing, and thats to live within my means, not have any debt (550 quid to go!), and to try and take better care of myself. The last few days have actually been quite scary.

9. zararina

zararina OMG Member

I do not make New Year's resolutions either ( I remember I made some before because it was required by a teacher Lol).

If ever there is something on me I feel I need to change or improve, I just do something about it any time of the year.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Same here. I don't need to wait for a new year to start to change something about me, if I feel it needs changing. Fortunately for me, I'm quite content with the way I am and don't feel the need to change anything in a foreseeable future.

11. Creaky

Creaky OMG Member

I dont make any resolutions anymore, never managed to keep any of them so not really any point.

12. Hawkeye

Hawkeye OMG Member

I promise not to kill anyone unless I'm absolutely sure I can get away with it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mikey

Mikey :mikey: Staff Member

I've not made any, I don't typically make one.

• Like Like x 2
  14. cisco

cisco OMG Member

I've slowed down on my alcohol consumption this year. I enjoy red wine far too much and my home made stout beer is so delicious.

[​IMG]

I thought about Totally giving it up in 2013.

How about anyone else?

Giving up the fags or going to repair old differences between friends, family or neighbours?

Let it all out and tell us about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2012
  15. Jessi

Jessi OMG Member

I didn't make any resolutions this year either. I haven't in several years now.

Are resolutions becoming outdated? It seems like a lot of people choose not to any more. Or maybe I just used to know a lot of people who did and now I don't.

16. nineteen

nineteen keys to a counter are timing. and the heart-Miyata

by Uratz-Studios, of Deviantart.com(he's on my watch list)

i don't care for new years. it's just another day for me. the last time i was excited for new years was in 98 or 97. the date lost it's luster for me since i was 12 or 14. watching fire works and spending time at the local community hall was other eskimos dancing(traditional eskimo dancing) all went down hill once i knew that the end of the year was just another reason for some family members to get drunk. -.-

17. MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown OMG Member

My new year's goals are to enjoy what I have in my life and not to focus too much on what I don't have.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice