Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Our War

Discussion in 'The OMG Archives' started by pattonrommel, Jun 23, 2009.

1. pattonrommel

pattonrommel I R Posting Machine

I am starting to wonder if Bioware is going to be leaving any room for the upcoming war between the sith and republic. What has me worried is the fact that each of these planets seem to be heavily planned out (associated to a certain faction and with a specific conflict). That is nice and all, but I want to see "neutral planets", that, while under the influence of a certain faction from the start, can sway either way due to PvP/PvE battles.

It would be great to have planets that aren't cemented in their allegiances, so that we as players can actually make an unscripted difference to the galaxy. This might require much more planets than just a predicted 8 for the player war to be strategic and spread out, but these planets wouldn't have to be heavily scripted as we would be the ones controlling the situation. Otherwise, there wouldn't be too much visible progress of a raging war.

I am totally thinking in terms of Empire at War for this MMO...

2. Century

Century I R Posting Machine

I agree that we need some sort of territorial control. one possiblity is each class has a starting planet so that's 8 starting planets. Assuming there is 16 (watch timeline number one and count the number of planets shown on the galactic map if you don't know why 16) that leaves us with 8 planets that could be RvR.

However it appears that the smuggler and trooper start on the same planet. So another possibility is that we have 2 starting planets per faction which would leave us with 12 planets that could be RvR.

Personally im hoping for the latter.

3. OP
    pattonrommel

pattonrommel I R Posting Machine

Yeah, that would be more than enough to satisfy me. As long as we have some control on the progress of the war, that will make the endgame among other things much sweeter. And who wouldn't want to see your name in the galactic news hologram as a victorious player general of a major PvP battle?

4. Century

Century I R Posting Machine

Theyve hinted at RvR in many interviews.

"Well we do like RvR"

"There is a reason our game is called Star WARS"

"There is alot of oppertunity for conflict...conflict that doesn't end"

A few quotes off the top of my head.

5. Maral Dimor

Maral Dimor I Wanna Polka.

I love that game and I can see the connection

That would be so cool if you could fly a ship to protect or invade a planet.

you can have epic land battles.

Upgrade planet defenses

Jedi and sith temple take overs.

both sith and Jedi would have to be more tactical

That would make the game super fun

6. Tanla Stormhammer

Tanla Stormhammer OMG Member

as long as it doesn't turn into another SWGGCW I'm cool with it :)

7. Maral Dimor

Me to

8. JGard

JGard Officially Not A Noob

I am expecting AT LEAST 2 planets dedicated to RvR and what would be cool would be that if your allignment controls one (each with a specific one) you get a bonus for everyone similar to orginal Hall of Heroes in Guild Wars where you climb the latter but if you win at the top you gain favor and also another system that could work is the system of territory control in Guild Wars: Factions with a constantly changing line based on wins in a specific PvP and when a town is controlled by a faction they get to use the resources at the town.

9. Promo134

Promo134 Galactic Fetus

It be interesting to see because u could get like a boost or advantage considering the planet like longer lasting weapons, more ammo or if its a trade planet u get cheaper wares

10. Maral Dimor

That would be cool for an Real time stragy game But not an MMO

11. Anbu_BD2021

Anbu_BD2021 Citizen of the Forum

but if you're looking for a more war-like experience then a little RTS isn't a bad thing, even if it is in an mmo, i've played an RTSMMO once or twice before, they're pretty fun.

12. Maral Dimor

What games are RTSMMO

13. Anbu_BD2021

Anbu_BD2021 Citizen of the Forum

the ones i played were browser based, but the one that comes to mind is:

http://www.lastknights.com/ was a really fun game when it first came out, not as much anymore now that all the people i originally played/ruled the world with have moved on to bigger and better things.

there were some others i played too, but i dont remember what exactly they were and dont feel like looking it up at the moment

14. Maral Dimor

oh I know what you mean now

there has been a couple of games like that were successful but not many

so I don't think Bioware is going to take any risks on

that Idea but I like Idea but not for an MMO.

maybe in the future there will be a game that uses that system but not this one

15. Asteldian

Asteldian I Wanna Polka.

I think 'spare planets' is the way Bioware will go, the beauty of Star Wars and having as many planets as you want is they make for a very easy and good place for PvP

16. Acrux II

Acrux II Citizen of the Forum

I'm not sure what you're talking about...The Battle of Restuss was pretty fun...even after the NGE update...(or downdate, whichever you prefer). :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice