Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Overrated Musicians/bands

Discussion in 'Ear Ecstasy' started by Lightcrunch, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Lightcrunch

Lightcrunch OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I don't know why everyone thinks the Black eye'd peas are so great. I just don't see it.

What's the most overrated band in your opinion?

2. MyOCDisMild

MyOCDisMild OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    Ahhh...where to start? :D let's see...Lady Gaga for one, I seriously can't see the allure. I mean, I suspect that underneath the 200 pounds of make-up and gawdy outfits, she's actually quite pretty. But I think her singing voice is like gagging parrot. Ditto for Nicki Minaj. I also think that Drake is highly overrated and Lil Wayne is right behind him. Of course, I'm not an authority on music, but I do have ears and still mantain the ability to hear.

3. leighdu_oth

leighdu_oth OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    About 90% of the artists you hear all the time on mainstream radio are overrated in my opinion. Meanwhile a lot of great bands and singers go unnoticed.

4. MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I've seen the Black Eyed Peas live in concert on TV. And they sounded awful, I thought! All they do is yell when on stage. Heck, anyone can do that. They sound much better in studio than they do live in concert.

5. MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I don't think Madonna is the most talented singer in the world.  I like a lot of her music.  But I don't think most of her music requires a great deal of singing talent.