Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Personal Transportation in SWTOR

Discussion in 'SWTOR Discussion' started by Nelson_MD, May 22, 2011.

1. Nelson_MD

Nelson_MD I Heart FOTOR :hugs:

Threads:

[​IMG]
    In the upcoming game SW:TOR, we know that we get star ships to ferry us around the galaxy. But, how do we get around on the planet. Will there be speeders that move us around on the planet. Or will you get some sort of personal mount like in WoW.

The Lead Designers at Bioware Austin have been working tediously at this game. Taking suggestions from the people, and possibly instituting them into the game. Now, we all know that having this kind of transportation would be really cool in the game. But we also have to take into account other things that would either replace the need for this such thing. Or, would it just not fit in to how Bioware wants the overall game to be.

So, first we should look at the picture above at the top of the post. As you can see, what looks to be an Inquisitor is riding an older version of the speeders that we know and love from the original Star Wars, and the many games that Speeders have been a part of.

This raises new questions...Why he he moving? Where is he going? Is the player driving the Vehicle? Is it a screenshot of a cut scene that is not a cinematic? Or is it an AI and the play simply has no way of attaining a vehicle like his in that area, or at all.

Unfortunately, SW:TOR has not released very much information on this front, and all we can do is analyze what this screenshot may be meant to depict.

1.) Why is he moving???

-There are many different reasons why a character may want to move around on a speeder in such a large game such as this. He could be going to a different area, or is moving around because that form of transportation is required in some sort of mission. Otherwise, the answer may simply be, he is using the speeder just to move around quickly.

2.) Where is he going???

-Depending on the planet there may be different areas available to a player who has spent some hard earned cash on a speeder, because the only way to get to the area is by some sort of vehicle. Or it serves the same functionality as a bike in other games, and again, he is just trying to get around quicker.

3.) Is the player driving the vehicle, or is it just a cut scene that is not some sort of cinematic?

-Because of the fact that we don't seen any tell tale signs that could allow me to make a decision on which on it is, then I can't say whether or not the player is in control of the vehicle. Though it is something to ponder.

4.) Or maybe it is just an AI entering some sort of fight that has a video that the developers posted a screenshot of. Other wise, we just don't know.

[​IMG]

We know that star ships are available in the game.
    There are different ways of getting around in the game
    The developers have received ideas about this subject, and may be pursuing it.
    Some sort of speeder is available in the game based on the screenshot released by bioware.

[​IMG]

Speeders can be used by a players character, no matter what their race.
    AI's may use speeders
    Personal Mounts may be available in lieu of a speeder on some planets.

2. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    The mounts is what I would love to see, personally. From the video I've seen (Jedi Knight beta), the speeders on Tython appear to be instantaneous, so there isn't any Sunday Strolling, like we see in the Sith Warrior class video. At least, not on Tython, in the starting levels/maps, and at least not in this particular test version.

I'm hoping that BioWare will at least give us an option to either hop instantly, or take the scenic route while on a speeder/mount.

3. OP
    Nelson_MD

Nelson_MD I Heart FOTOR :hugs:

Threads:
    Yeah, I think it would be cool to take a scenic route, but it does not matter. There could always be different functionality's as well...

4. Jayden

Jayden I R Posting Machine

Threads:
    Supposedly, you get your ship after the third planet.

5. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    I know speeders and what not cost around 40k credits. I wonder if you'll get to customize them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice