Preparing ingredients.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Cut your stuff up first, before you cut your meat.
You don't want to use the same plank you just put raw meat on with that same knife, to cut up the veggies etc. Don't get sick. Please.

And clean up as you go, another great tip :D

I also always try to do dry ingredients first, before wet. And then combine them. This for some reason seems to be less messy and easier to manage.

Any more tips? Because I am a terrible cook :D

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Room temperature... let the food relax and it'll be easier to prepare if it was in the fridge. Maybe.

iamonfire

OMG Member
Clean up as you go is a great tip, but sometimes hard to manage. I despise doing dishes. I think that is why, even though I love to cook, I hate to do it. I hate the mess I am left with when I am done.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Clean up as you go is a great tip, but sometimes hard to manage. I despise doing dishes. I think that is why, even though I love to cook, I hate to do it. I hate the mess I am left with when I am done.
Maybe I am a guy, but I like to have a bag for trash nearby where I can just dump stuff into. cut cut cut: DUMP leaves or packaging and stuff .. i hate having to open the bin 50x .. it makes me NOT clean up after myself in the kitchen. Rinsing off the dishes as you use them really helps as well. And when I have 5 minutes to wait to get something fried or whatever, I tend to just clean up utensils and put them away.

in a perfect world, that is :D