Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Proposal for Vitality Sensor game

Discussion in 'Gaming Zone' started by imported_Christine, Aug 12, 2009.

1. imported_Christine

imported_Christine OMG Member

Threads:
    Proposal for Vitality Sensor game

When he was asked about the wii vitality sensor, Iwata revealed early ideas for a potential vitality sensor game:

"...a video game with a theme of relaxation, which is completely opposite from traditional ones, to enrich the users' lives. Especially among those who are constantly busy, I am sure you have experienced not being able to go to bed even when you are so tired after a busy day at work and coming home late at night... What if you were able to visualize how to unwind and relax, or check the condition of your automatic nerve by simply inserting your finger in the device once a day? We are conducting some tests internally at Nintendo, and found some patterns among our employees, like improving automatic nerve condition as the weekend nears or vice versa. Seeing what their condition is actually like, they can "visualize" how they are looking forward to weekend. And see completely different patterns on each individual person.''

How do you guys feel about this? I'm rather skeptical since to be completely honest, it's pretty odd rofl. It doesn't really seem like a video game, seems more like something you would find at a hospital or something. I guess there are some people out there that could find some use for this though (maybe?). I wasn't too excited when the vitality sensor was announced but in the source, Iwata acknowledges the potential for the use of the device in a horror game. This is kind of weird though lmao.

Source (kind of old but no one has made a topic yet)

2. Wickett

Wickett OMG Member

Threads:
    I think we will see the Vitality Sensor in hospitals and places of that nature more than we will in your everyday household. It could prove useful for teaching people how to relax, and also help with nurse's and doctor's training methods.

It won't be able to go hand in hand with very many games. The only kinds of games it would work for are horror and suspense.

Another thing, is what else would the Vitality Sensor be able to tell you besides what you already know? From what we understand, all it can tell you is your heart rate, and very similar bodily functions. In other words, how would it really help?

3. un4tural

un4tural OMG Member

Threads:
    well it could tell when to effin scare the living shit out of you in horror games... those calm spots... when you sort of relax... the BOO, your pants are wet... phenomenal...

and i think the game would have more theraputical value... calming you down and stuff... but if youre mad angry... i dont think that you will even think of turning the wii on.

still it would be interesting to see how it would be adapted into games... and mabye other things...

4. tuvw098

tuvw098 OMG Member

Threads:
    Lick the Luxury

Sweet fashion series is Bottega Veneta Handbags presented by Massimo Gammacurta, an renowned Italian fashion photographer. With his genius Thomas Wylde Handbags Massimo Gammacurta was influenced by futurist art and graffiti culture as well as films produced by Fellini and Pasolini. His photo is simple yet ingenious which embodies in the Sweet fashion series perfectly. Different iconic luxury logos are coordinated with suitable flavors such as watermelon, pomegranate, caramel, lilac, wild cherry and green apple.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice