Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

PvP in SWTOR - What Do You Expect?

Discussion in 'SWTOR Discussion' started by TeHpUmKinKiNg, Apr 7, 2011.

?

Do you think wow-ish pvp is good enough for TOR?

1. Absolutely. Worked for them, right?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No. Reducing pvp to a minigame is pure bantha.

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Meh- I don't care. Just give me more PvE!

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Matt Damon

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    As many others I am concerned even to this point, and it is very late in developement. So far all we have seen regarding pvp is a single battleground-like level to pvp in, and the promise that open pvp will be ingame. But what is open pvp? Slaughtering each other without a purpose? RvR?

My question is quite simply: Will you be satisfied if TOR has only as much pvp as wow and rift, so no real objectives and competitive rewards in open pvp, effectivly reducing that playstyle to some minigame?

2. Fyurii_oth

Fyurii_oth I Know More Than The Holocron

Threads:
    I don't care what kind of PvP is in TOR, so long as I'm not fighting alongside noobs when I'm partaking.

3. Bears_Krutz

Bears_Krutz Citizen of the Forum

Threads:
    I think that certain events could take place in certain areas (since that is extremely general) let me explain...

... Let's say on Planet Hoth (strictly example) the Rebel Alliance is under attack by the Galactic Empire, now the Empire has a certain time limit to destroy a few objectives of the Alliances if they win, then they will recieve a decent amount of PvP tokens (assuming they do those, or some other type of reward) and the losers can either recieve none or a minimal amount, they would also get the updates and tokens that they would get off of killing other players. This could happen where the Good and Bad both take turns on different planets alternating between defense and offense, along with that if there is a need they can throw in a neutral planet where certain objectives have to either be held or destroyed. This could happen every few hours or so to keep PvPers looking foward to the events but also keep them on long enough to hit up some open world pvp where they are able to run around the different planets looking for pvp Kills...

So yeah, I guess my stance would be a neutral one, have some planned objective ideas and then have some open PVP, because believe me, open PVP can be a blast, and objective PVP can be as fun. Objective PVP gets everyone working together but can get repetetive, while open pvp will usually be on a smaller scale and will never be repetetive, this also increases the awareness of the players making them look over their shoulders as they go about their missions and such.

~Bears_Krutz

4. Draconek

Draconek Citizen of the Forum

Threads:
    I don't necessarily want it to be pure chaos when I'm trying to play and am not really in the mood for PvP (which I think is why WoW chose their route), but on the other hand as long as PvP is equally competitive off the bat, I don't see it being too much of a problem either. I like PvP, and I like world PvP, so hopefully there is more of an influence there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice