Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

(rant) Soundcloud Sucks, So I'm Making My Own

Discussion in 'Ear Ecstasy' started by Killa_offtopica, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Killa_offtopica

Killa_offtopica OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    There's this site called soundcloud.com, where music artists can upload and share their tracks with millions of others in the community. It's great and all, but they have very strict limitations with the amount of upload time and upload space you have. I'm a very active artist, and I release many songs, so the amount of upload space they allot is not enough for me. Which is why I decided to make my own soundcloud site.

My friends on soundcloud that sign up on my version of soundcloud will have unlimited upload space and upload length for their tracks. I believe no restriction should be set, just like how youtube has no restriction. Wouldn't that suck if you had to BUY more upload space on youtube? Yes, it would.

2. Phillip

Phillip OMG offtopica!

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    I have to agree with this.

3. Sty

Sty OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    That sounds like an amazing concept, once it is up and running (If it isn't already), you should create a topic on here so other music producers or listeners can participate in your community. Best of luck with your project! Please bare in mind, do not do a straight rip of Soundcloud and just change the limitations as that would implement you in all kinds of legal issues due to copyright and all. Creating it from scratch and using your own Knowledge but ideas from other sites such as Soundcloud and Youtube will be amazing, having a mixture and unique design and facility would hopefully make your site very successful, who knows it might replace them one day, especially if you release an App for phone users to listen to their favorite tunes on the go. You might also want to look at other franchise for ideas, such as Spotify, if users want to listen to well known artists which cannot be used without getting into legal issues due to copyright but someone wants to listen to artists such as Drake, Big Sean, Childish Gambino and so on, they could pay for a subscriptions which allows them to listen and add them tracks to playlists, just like Youtube or Spotify, the subscription money could then be used to pay for the use of them songs legally. Although youtube uses advertisements to cover their costs, I doubt you would want to throw in an advert every 5 minutes as that is one downfall to Spotify FREE. Although on Youtube Ad Block works a treat.

4. OP
    Killa_offtopica

Killa_offtopica OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained:
    AdBlock Plus ftw

Thanks for your feedback and suggestions.

It won't be a blatant copy of Soundcloud, but rather a unique, more feature-filled music community.

5. Toby_offtopica

Toby_offtopica OMG Member

Threads:
    Likes Gained: