Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

So.. hai

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TeHpUmKinKiNg, Jul 7, 2011.

1. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Greetings, intrepid few!

Sorry I've been ultra-quiet lately. I check in on TORBB every day, but have rarely had the time to actually sit down and talk with you all. Apologize all around.

I'm heading back, though. Been working on a few things I will be unveiling for the forums over the next few weeks. I hope you find them all exciting and worth the silence.

Also... might as well let you guiz and galz know... my fiancee is pregnant. Yeah.

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about this lol. More to follow. I have to go pick her up from work right now, but wanted to drop by and say a few things.

Anyhow, love ya, miss ya! Thanks for returning day after day! :)

2. LilMistress T

LilMistress T OMG Member

LITTLE BABY KI's!?! How exciting! Babies are so much fun. Sleep well now while you can! We miss you too:) Can't wait to see what you've been working on!

3. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Oh my god...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnwIIKnWJtg

:p

Okay, but if I get a heart attack from being overly excited, I'll blame you. :p

:ohmy: You broke the Jedi Code, Master Mundi! I'm telling Yoda! :p

4. OP
    TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Just got some bad news today. A family member very near and dear to me passed away. Battling cancer. I only get to see this person on holidays. Never call, never write... I'm "too busy." Kept putting off calling this person, because I knew I'd always see 'em at the next family gathering. So.. I never got to say goodbye. Feel like total shite right now.

Moral of the story? Friend, family member.. whoever... keep in touch with them. You never know when the last time you're going to see them is.

5. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

My grandmother died from a brain aneurysm this month, so I know what you're going through. You have my sincere condolences for your loss. Don't let it get to you, though. As Yoda said:

“Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.”

Okay, maybe Yoda's philosophy can't literally be applied here (unless you're Force sensitive :p ), but the meaning stays the same. :smile(1):

6. Junk Angel

Junk Angel OMG Member

damn like Iv'e said - kids change stuff :)

AS to family loss - that's soemthing I know sadly as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
  7. OP
    TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

The funeral was last Friday. It was... well, it was a funeral. The last one I went to was for my other uncle, a decade ago. It really didn't hit me until I got there, and saw his name on the sign for the service.

I got the honor of being a pallbearer. I got to say my final goodbyes, and we left. It was a decent service, very very very Catholic. It must've been 50 Hail Mary's. That part REALLY was not cool. But, I think my uncle would've liked it. Maybe not the length of it, but the intention of it.

All in all, I was sad- not because he passed. that sucks, hard, yes... but I was sad because everyone was morning. My uncle was a great man, but above all, he loved to make others laugh and smile. I don't think he would've wanted to be the cause of all that grief. He would've wanted us to celebrate him, which is what I intend to do when I get some money- go out to the woods (he loved camping) and have a huge bonfire with the family, celebrating his life (not mourning his death).

8. Fetter

Fetter More fun than a barrel of STDs

My condolences and congratulations, Ki. You'll make a great dad for sure.

One life out, one life in. C'est le vie, unfortunately.

9. twinky dink

twinky dink OMG Member

KI?!?!? GETTING MARRIED?!?!?!?!? Well fuck....here I was thinking I'm the only one getting hitched!

10. OP
    TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

No, not married ;) That's a wurdy dird. (dirty word).

But congrats to you!

11. Cas

Cas I Heart FOTOR :hugs:

Sorry for your loss, Ki. Deaths are really tough, I know. But yay, babies! Congrats, ese :)

12. LilMistress T

LilMistress T OMG Member

Babies are worth it... Mine is currently sleeping on my chest/shoulder... He's fat and it's kind of hard to type, but I love it. =)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice