Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Song of the Force II

Discussion in 'Knights of the Old Republic' started by JadeHeretic, Nov 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadeHeretic

JadeHeretic OMG Member

Threads:
    Song of the Force II

GM: Walruseater
    OOC thread for this RP is here

Song of the Force, the Sequel

This is the summery of what happened in the second Song RP--which took place over on the Vode An website.

Five years later, the Jedi Council, consisting of Jedi Masters Atton, Mira, Mical, Revan, and Dane Kurress. Revan and Carth were married and had a four-year-old son named Dev Kaen Onasi, Dane and Atton were engaged, and Mical and Mira began to realize and admit that they had feelings for each other. However, even as Mira and Mical began to contemplate their feelings for each other, Carth and Revan attempt to sort out their problems and differences in their marriage.

Meanwhile, Dane Kurress had gone missing, and at a Council meeting, the other Jedi deduced that she had been possessed by Eviwy's spirit--and she was using Dane to try and get a special crystal from the Jedi temple on Coruscant in order to resurrect herself so she could come back to power and form a new Empire. And so Carth, Atton, Mira and Revan went to Coruscant, leaving Mical behind to keep an eye on things on Dantooine, and to watch Dev, Carth and Revan's son. However, unknown to anyone, Dev managed to stowaway aboard the Ebon Hawk before it departed for Coruscant.

Once arriving at Coruscant, they made their way into the temple, and Dane sacrificed her life to help save her friends, and the galaxy, and to wound and damage Eviwy's spirit. Eviwy's ghost then attempted to possess Dev, but Revan came to her son's rescue and destroyed Eviwy's spirit, defeating her.

Afterwards everyone returned home to Dantooine, saddened by the loss of Dane, especially Atton. Carth plans to continue to help rebuild the Republic, and he and Revan mend their fences. Plus presumably, Mira and Mical still have a future together.

And now:

Song of the Force III

Borrowing an idea from the latest Harry Potter book (*snort*) a fragment of Eviwy's spirit has somehow survived within the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, and through a vision, Revan has sensed that it is there and it needs to be cleansed from the temple before it can cause anymore harm.

Meanwhile, the Jedi Council attempts to assist in rebuilding the Republic, but will soon find themselves stretched thin as another threat arises from the midst. A hostile race of Force sensitive "dragons" who are niether Sith nor Jedi invade Republic space, and it will soon be discovered that they are from a long-forgotten world in the Unknown Regions, and they masked their presence in the Force from being detected, because they were afraid of Eviwy's race. So long as at least one of Eviwy's race was still alive, they kept themselves secluded and hidden. But now that they have sensed the last of Eviwy's race--Eviwy herself--has perished, they have decided to come out of hiding and try and conquer the galaxy for themselves.

So the question remains... does Revan exterminate the last remaining fragment of Eviwy's spirit from the Temple, or does she attempt to try and restore Eviwy's spirit and bring her back to frighten off another deadly enemy?

Cast

LSF Revan: Scout_Four

Carth: darthnotrevan

Dev Onasi: Scout_Four

Mical: Walruseater

Mira: Scout_Four

Atton: darthnotrevan

Eviwy's spirit: Walruseater

Force Dragon Leader--Mecilla: Walruseater

Mission: (probably in her mid-twenties by now, at least) Thel0stcat

2. Scout_Four

Scout_Four OMG Member

Threads:
    Re: Song of the Force II

Jedi Master Revan Onasi slept badly. A dream had troubled her: she could not recall the full substance of it, only that she had been in danger, her weapons empty and her fighting useless. That was all it took to qualify a nightmare for someone like her.

Likely it was the heat. Even this late, near midnight, the air outside was near body temperature, and the Temple’s air exchangers were malfunctioning again. There was something wrong with the transformer, apparently: Atton said the techs they had hired had not been able to keep coal harmonized properly. When they fluctuated, the coolers couldn’t keep up, and it quickly grew a little more than toasty in the small, windowless rooms. It was probably hotter in there than outside.

For a moment, she considered holos—she was halfway through a discourse of galactic ecology by Gar Gratius—but he knew those boring old vids wouldn’t keep her asleep. She arose and didn’t bother to put her robe on around her nightgown. Maybe there would be a breeze outside on one of the balconies; at least, if it was warm, it wouldn’t be so stuffy out there.

She left her husband snoozing in the room and walked down the halls and into the large chamber ahead. The balcony attached drew fine air into the Temple, and she relished it, breathing in and out in long breaths.

The night was a bit cloudy, the overcast sky keeping it dark where there was no artificial lighting and also acted as a blanket to keep their heat in. A little rain would be welcome—anything to keep off the heat.

Revan sank into a split on the hard tile, keeping the pose for a few minutes, thinking. Why had everyone felt better after Eviwy had died? If nothing, she had felt worse. Her footsteps dragged, and her shoulders slumped. Carth had even told her once that she was probably not getting enough sleep. That she needed a vaction.

Maybe I sleep too much, she thought wryly. She got up from her split without using her hands and bent down backwards into a Bridge, a basic stretch she had learned as a youngling. She felt her chest stretch with her, and her back cracked. She sank deeper into the stretch.

Maybe she should see Mical. He might give her some sleeping pills. He had told her once he had ones with enough kick to bring down a fully-grown and mating ronto. Knowing from experience how much of a kick you would need for that, Revan almost grimaced.

You’re stressing yourself, Rev, said the tiny little condescending voice in her head. Take a vacation with Carth for a while. Go back to the Enclave and spend some time with your son. Away from the city, away from all the stress.

Mira had taken Dev back to the Enclave with Mical. They had been getting awfully close lately, those two. Revan had spotted their attraction for each other growing since she had met them both. They would make a fine couple. Mira had confided that she had wanted to have a baby and be a good mother. She wanted the experience. Maybe Mical could help her achieve that dream…

Happy thoughts make everything better, she thought, and smiled. Bringing her feet back from under her, she stood and stretched both arms before turning around and heading back towards her quarters. Tomorrow I’ll get some meds from Mical. Then maybe we can take that vacation.

Another part of her mind knew that she’d never be able to take that vacation.

3. Crystal

Crystal OMG Member

Threads:

Mical

Mical shifted slightly in his chair, feeling a bit tired. He hadn't gotten much sleep last night, because Dev had literally woke up out of a sound sleep crying, from some sort of nightmare. Mira had been awakened by the sound as well, and both of them knew that Dev would not be able to go back to sleep until he'd had a chance to calm down, and get over his bad dream a bit.

So they were currently in Mira's room, sitting at a table, snacking on milk and cookies. It was actually something that had become something of a ritual, at least on some evenings. Mical had grown very fond of Mira's company over the past few weeks, even though they had always been friends and had always respected each other. But ever since they had admitted and acknowledged their mutual feelings for each other... Mical barely wanted to be away from her.

"Don't eat too many of those, now," Mical warned Dev, as he took yet another cookie from the plate. "If you get a bellyache, or if you eat so many that your teeth start to rot, your mother will never forgive me." He smiled slightly.

Meanwhile, out on an unknown, hidden world out in the Unknown Regions

Mecilla

Was it really true? Our senses told us that it was indeed true, that the last of our enemies had perished, along with their spirits. Although we were not yet certain if we dare try to sense too far, lest our attempts to scan space with our Force senses be detected, thus revealing the presence of our hidden world.

This planet that we lived on was not even our homeworld... it was the place where my species took refuge, after we lost the war against our enemy, so many thousands of years ago. And in order to protect ourselves, we did the only thing we could do--hide ourselves on a habitable but undiscovered planet, and mask our presence from detection through the Force at all times. So, for many generations, so long as even one of the race of our ancient enemy remained, we would stay hidden, and keep ourselves from being detected, whether through the Force or even by technology, so that we would survive.

Our enemies were called the Singers, although some sentients had referred to them as "whales", because they used Song to control the Force, and with a combination of their mental powers and their Voices, they could do many powerful things, even such as effect and manipulating populations of entire planets, even when they were not on the planet they were effecting. What's more is that the Singers were highly skilled crafters, at least in a manner of speaker. By using specific frequencies in their Singing, they could effect and influence the qualities and flaws and characteristics that formed in Force crystal formations as they grew. And the Singers could even enhance the crystals, making them more powerful, and cause them to grow faster. They could then use their special crystal formations to amplify their Voices, which gave them even more power of control, manipulation, or even fear, to effect other areas in the galaxy. Which was how they had originally formed their Empire.

History was... sometimes a difficult thing, for at times things could be forgotten, or misunderstood, or simply not remembered correctly. At other times it could be taken out of context, or aspects of it changed. But from what I understood, the Rakatah species had once ruled the Galaxy, and they were very powerful Force-sensitives, but they ruled with the Singers in charge over them. My people had fought against the Singers, but millions of us perished against their might, and we refused to bow or surrender to their rule, so that's when we went into a life of seclusion and masked ourselves from the galaxy and from the Force.

However, oneday the Rakatah decided to rebel, that they ought to be in complete charge of everyone, thinking that just because they were powerful themselves, and that they had the Star Forge, they could beat their masters. So the Singers retaliated. In other words, the Singers decided to "play God", and used one of their crystal formations to effect the Rakatah biologically, making it so they lost their ability to use the Force. After that happened, the Rakatah Empire began to fall, as the slave species beneath them began to break free. The Singers tried to keep them under control, and to put themselves more directly in charge, but they began to fight amongst themselves, which only worsened the situation.

Finally, the internal struggle for power and control among the Singers ended, but only until the entire race was dead, except for one--Eviwy. Being the very last one of her race, yet still wanting a chance to gain power over the Galaxy again one day, she merely put herself into a deep Force-induced hibernation, which preserved her body and her spirit, and it kept her alive for thousands of years.

In all that time, my species kept our presence masked. While even one Singer remained alive somewhere, we could not risk revealing ourselves--we had raced their wrath once, and we knew what they were capable of. And we vowed that we would remain hidden until the very last Singer had perished.

Eventually, Eviwy stirred from her deep slumber, and she began growing a new crystal formation to amplify her power--her Whale Song, which was how she, like anyone of her species, controlled the Force. Through it, she began to experiment with her powers, to see how much she could do alone, without others of her race. She seemed to become more confident and prideful at her abilities as time wore on, but she started out small at first.

She sparked the Mandalorian Wars, influencing them to attack the Republic. The Mandalorians were more than willing to go and fight a battle which would be their greatest war ever, but it still hadn't been their choice to attack, even though they would never know this, and would never admit it even if confronted with the truth. But anyway, it was a test for the Jedi, to see how powerful they really were.

In the end, the Mandalorian War ended with the Republic victorious, but the Republic was weak and wounded, and from what I understand, some Jedi changed, and it sparked a new war.

I snorted slightly as I continued to quietly review the events in my mind. Honestly, Eviwy was never interested in either group--neither the Jedi nor the Sith. She simply wanted to test their strength, to see what they were capable of, and more importantly, she wanted to weaken the Galaxy so she could conquer it. And that is was she succeeded in doing... with all the wars that had sparked because of her sparking the Mandalorian War. However, part of me wondered if she somehow knew that this was how events would play themselves out...

However, I think she had sorely underestimated a few of the Jedi, for they had killed her. Eviwy's death literally sent ripples through the Force. But her spirit remained strong, and still thrived within a Jedi, so my people still did not dare risk coming out of hiding.

But then, after some time... we sensed the destruction of Eviwy's spirit.

And ever since that time... we have been contemplating whether or not it would be safe to unmask our presence, and perhaps try and return to the Galaxy.

However, fear still held us hostage in a way, it seems... though not only fear, but habit and tradition. We've been keeping ourselves hidden for so, so long... it seemed like my people did not know what they would do if we went out of hiding. Some were very eager to stop hiding and be able to roam free in the Galaxy again, others preferred to continue the life of seclusion, while still others refused to believe that the last of the Singers was truly gone.

Either way, it was really beginning to divide my race in many ways. And something needed to be done about it... and soon. Otherwise we could very well face fights amongst ourselves. And that was something I would not allow.

In fact... I still wasn't entirely convinced Eviwy was truly dead, or that we should leave our world, or unmask our presence from the Force. What if this was just some trick, due to Eviwy's cleverness?

However, for now... I shall sleep. Tomorrow, I will make a decision for my people. Just so life may continue, no matter how different it may be, from this point on.

4. Scout_Four

Scout_Four OMG Member

Threads:

Dev mumbled an excuse through a mouthful of cookies, and Mira chuckled. "Don't worry, that's not true," she said. She tickled Dev's stomach, and he laughed. "If you eat too many cookies, the Cookie Monster's going to come and take away all the cookies in the galaxy!"

Dev's mouth opened in surprise, and he gasped. Mira could not help but notice a chunk of food hanging from his lip. He licked his lips and gasped again. "Really?" he asked in a tight whisper.

Mira nodded gravely. "He'll forgive you this once, but if you eat more than three a night, he'll steal the cookies and eat them all himself!"

Dev's eyes widened, and he pushed back his cookie plate, offering it to Mical instead. "I don't wanna have no cookies," he said, shaking his head. It was funny how he said "cookies." It was like "coooo-kies." Mira suppressed another chuckle. "How about four?" He held up five fingers.

Mira shook her head. "I'm sorry, but those are the rules, Dev. Only three." She gave him a sad, mournful face. His shoulders slumped. "So, do you mind telling me what the dream was about?"

"I don't remember," Dev mumbled. "Mommy was hurt and, and people were flying, and..." He sniffed and rubbed his eyes. Mira frowned, concerned. "They took Momma away because the voices were gone..."

Mira glanced at Mical, eyebrows raised. "It's okay, Dev," she said. "Why don't you take one more cookie, and go back to bed?"

"Can I sleep in your room?" he asked. "I'm scared." His eyes swam with tears at being abandoned. "Pwease?"

Mira nodded. "Sure," she said. "I can take out the fold-out in the closet and get some extra blankets. Is that okay?" He nodded, sniffing. "Now go to your room and get your pillow and your bear, and come on in, okay?"

"Alwright..."

5. Crystal

Crystal OMG Member

Threads:

Mical smiled slightly as he watched the exchange between Dev and Mira. She still has such a wonderful way with kids, he thought.

Dev left the room to go and get his things, and he picked up his glass and drained the contents of milk. Somehow, sitting here and sharing milk and cookies with Mira and Revan's son was far more satisfying than doing some of the things that other couples might do--for example, he remembered how Atton and Dane used to go for drinks together at the local cantina.

However, they also didn't have a four-year-old boy to look after, either...

He sighed slightly as he set the glass down, pushing it away with his fingertips. Atton seemed to be... doing a bit better these days, all things considered, although everyone could tell he was still grieving over the loss of Dane.

He glanced over at Mira, wondering how he would feel if he had lost her. He wasn't even engaged to her, not like Atton and Dane had been... but the way he felt about her... he might as well have been.

Stop, he told himself, don't move too fast.

He suddenly realized she was looking at him, with a curious expression on her face. He cleared his throat slightly, and blurted out the first thing that came to mind, just to start a discussion.

"So... I hear that Mission's coming to pay us a visit," he said slowly. "Atton is out waiting for her ship to arrive, right? When is she supposed to arrive again?"

Yeah, that was as good a discussion as any. We both knew that Mission was coming to speak with Atton, and was going to try and help out with the rebuilding of the Republic, in some manner or another. Although I wasn't sure when she was due to arrive. But I did know that apparently Atton and Mission were going to leave Dantooine and meet up with Carth on Coruscant... unless plans changed.

6. Scout_Four

Scout_Four OMG Member

Threads:

Mira yawned and checked her wrist-chrono. "Three hours," she said. "At least I think. She was still on Kashyyk when she told me." She stretched her arms above her head and leaned back in her chair.

It had been a tiring past few weeks. When she had arrived back on Dantooine, she had to file a report to hand in to Mical, then take double-classes and tutoring sessions for the young pupils. One of the caretakers had fallen ill, and Mira had been put on Med duty, shuffling carts around and making sure each man, woman, and alien got their medication.

It wasn't fun compared to what everyone else must have been doing. She always came back exhausted from her new post, and would just crawl into bed and pull the covers over her face. Mical had been watching Dev most of the time, and it was at times like these--at midnight--when Mira could finally talk to him.

"So any ideas on what Mission and Atton are going to do? Rev was complaining that the air conditioner in the Temple decided to be gay and melt down." She snorted. Yes, that was Revan, alright. "She's been sending me weekly reports of the progress, and Mission and Atton aren't qualified to do anything more than rig an exploding power conduit."

7. Crystal

Crystal OMG Member

Threads:

Mical shrugged. "I believe I heard that she and Atton are going to assist however they can diplomatically, and politically, to help keep the Republic together. You remember what happened five years ago, when the situation on Onderon began to grow ugly, when Queen Talia and General Vaklu began to have disagreements, yes?"

At Mira's nod, he continued. "Well, ever since Vaklu's death, Queen Talia has gained much more support from her people, and Onderon no longer wishes to withdraw from the Republic. However, there are other worlds, it seems, that believe the Republic is failing, and they wish to fend for themselves."

He sighed again. "I think that whatever can be done to try and hold the Republic together is a worthwhile cause, even if some people can only do very little. Honestly, I doubt Atton can do much, but Carth and Mission are very widely known. They helped Revan save the galaxy from Malak, after all. So, just because they're heros, they hold a rather high influence over the public."

8. Scout_Four

Scout_Four OMG Member

Threads:

Mira nodded. It was true, at least. "I doubt Atton's political prowess," she said. "But Mission has a good pazaak face. She'll do fine."

She yawned again and lay her head on the table, using her arms as a pillow. "So," she said, "any new missions coming up soon? I can be a diplomat for a few days and bring Nar Shaadaa into the Republic, if you want."

9. Crystal

Crystal OMG Member

Threads:

Mical, to his own surprise, found himself musing over the offer. "Bring Nar Shadda into the Republic?" he repeated, scratching his chin thoughtfully. "Perhaps that could help in strengthening the Republic, although are you certain it is wise? I hear the Exchange still has a pretty firm control over some areas of that world."

He paused. "As for other missions... I do not believe there is much on the agenda, at least for us. Revan and Carth are still on Coruscant, although if things go as planned, Carth will be leaving as soon as Mission and Atton get there."

I sighed. "All things considered, I believe Carth still does not have a whole lot of time to spend with his wife, or even his son. I hope that they have sorted out their differences and that they are no longer struggling with their marriage..."

He stopped talking. He knew he was was babbling now, and he had no idea why. He cleared my throat softly and grabbed another cookie from the plate, just to shut up and give Mira a chance to talk.

10. Junk Angel

Junk Angel OMG Member

Threads:

Mission went out of the hatch of Trepeora's shuttle. She arrived with the liner only a few hours ago, going trough the tedious duty of getting past customs and coming to the planet of the jedi. It was raining, and the rebuilt academy's loft was letting letting the downpour in.
    Just my luck, she thought, well at least it holds with all the big important things.

She hurried to get under the roof. There she paused and looked around. Fondling the ID's given to her by the Republic Intelligence she eyed the entire place. She spotted at least a few jedi, and wondered, how many agents the intelligence has on this planet overall. Lot's I guess. As the saying goes. The republic might see them as a holy bright nimbus of light, but Intel was always paranoid of everything bright. Remembering Bastilla she could fully understand why.

Yet she was here as herself today, requesting this mission even. She was to deliver some information about recent troubles in the border district of the Republic, it was nothing clear yet, but tension seemed to be rising. A number of previously unknown races were trying to flee into republic space. From what, not even they knew. Intelligence once again became the embodiment of a nervous Moloch and decided to inform at least a few people. Chief among them, one of the heroes of the Republic not sure if this will be correct, in case not, someone please tell me, the former Admiral of the Republic Carth Onasi. Of course, the fact that he was also the husband of Jedi master, and probably also the most experienced person in dealing with the outer rim, Revan.... Onasi. For a second she paused. Revan Onasi. Well apparently her hunch to get out of the bridge aboard the Hawk was a correct one. The two did hook up. Inspite of all the odds. Talk about clashing personalities, I can still hear her call him a hairless wookie, and the way Big Z reacted At this thought she saddened again once more, the wookie's death was still like a gaping wound, there was no denying it. Yet over the years she found a way to put this thought aside, and concentrate on others. Just as she did now.

How long, was it? Ten years? It seems to be almost millenia since I last saw all of them. I wanted to stay in the republic, finally content with being a hero for a moment, basking in my 5 minutes of fame, and Revan, wanted to do something else. Is it really that long, since the starforge blew up, since Taris ended up in ruins? Well either way, Intel picked me up only a short time later, closing their eyes at my age during that time. Yeeeeesh, it's not like they send me anywhere at that time. No, they just refined the skills I already had. And now? They want someone to deliver some information to Carth, and Revan even if they'd never say it. And I have to wonder, did I take vacation only with them knowing I'd take the job? Nah they don't think this small.
    Mission silently smiled, remembering her superiors and their tendency to think 20 steps ahead, while ignoring the first two.

Well I should get going. I wonder who's that Atton person I'm supposed to meet up first.
    She'd much rather go to Carth and Revan directly but apparent the high ups weren't all that sure themselves where they were right now. She smiled again, since knowing Intel, those two could be right under thier windows on Coruscant and they wouldn't know.
    She suddenly stopped dead in her tracks.
    I can't remember how Revan called herself before remembering, what happened to me. Ten years isn't that long!

She ponderously wandered towards one of the protocol droids in the open areas of the Academy.
    "Hi, could I just quickly ask, if you know, where I can find a certain Atton? He should reside somewhere around here."

11. Scout_Four

Scout_Four OMG Member

Threads:

Protocol Droid EX-23400X51

EX-23 matched up the description that the Master had given him with that looks of the female Rutian Twi'lek, and bowed as low as its rusted metal hinges would allow. "Greetings, sentient. I am Protocol Droid EX-23400X51 of the Jedi Enclave here on the astounding Dantooine sanctuary. Jedi Master Atton Rand is awaiting your arrival, Miss Vao. Please, follow me."

With that, the droid turned and tottered slowly up the small steps and into the building.

--

"Perhaps that could help in strengthening the Republic, although are you certain it is wise? I hear the Exchange still has a pretty firm control over some areas of that world."

Mira rolled her eyes. "I was joking, Mical. You're as gullible as Hanhaar, do you know?"

She listened to the rest of his speech with her eyes closed. "They'll be fine. As soon as the Temple starts to work out, Rev said they'll be moving half of the initiates there. A few of the Jedi Knights and Masters have volunteered for Coruscant, too. So we'll all have a lighter load, don't you think? Especially with the bug going around. Republic Intel will probably be taking half of their men to the Temple, too. All and all, I think this is a great thing they're doing."

She sighed. "I'm bored here," she said suddenly. "I'm not a teacher."

12. Junk Angel

Junk Angel OMG Member

Threads:

Mission whistled in admiration.
    A full master eh? Seems like I'll get to know some of the higher ups of the Jedi Hierarchy, of course, there won't be really much to watch, since I can guess, he'll be a wheezing all runt basking in the glory of the old days in the war against the sith, which he survived only trough his zeal, fervor, purity and being stuck in the smallest possible hole one could imagine. Well hopefully luck will be with me, and he'll be at least entertaining.

She briskly followed the protocol droid, inconspicuously looking at the entire facility as she went trough it. This was now an almost second nature to her. She couldn't stop herself, but Intel trained her well. She couldn't fail to notice that a lot of the inniates seemed to be underslept, rings under their eyes. Probably nothing important, the masters must be getting at them 24/7. At the same time she couldn't stop being troubled. If so many sick jedi were in one place, what could it mean? To it her own tiredness as of late.

While going deeper into the academy she was going trough her memories.

Carth better not call me a kid again...

13. Crystal

Crystal OMG Member

Threads:

OOC: Just a post to sorta kick things off for the Force Dragons XD

Mecilla

The early morning sun cast colorful rays of gold, red, and even violet across the clouds in the sky, as it poked slowly peeked over the top of the mountains in the distance. It was a sight that Mecilla had seen many mornings already, although today she watched it with great care.

Because somehow, this was a moment that was privately significant to her, at least in a sentimental way. Some said she had a heart of cold stone, and that she was ruthless, which was true. But one weakness or flaw that she did possess was an apprecitation for things which bring fourth the emotions such as sentimental nostalgia. Sometimes she merely liked to indulge herself on such feelings.

The reason this moment brought her a touch of nostalgia was because this would be the very last morning that her planet's sun would rise above a world who's presence was masked. Today, in just a short while, she would make an announcement of her decision for her people--she had taken the risk and stretched out her senses, risking everything from being detected to her people's safety. And by doing so, she had determined that Eviwy was truly dead, and that this was not a trick. If Eviwy was not dead, then Mecilla would have felt her stirring through the Force, and zoning in on this world, to sense their presence and determine their location.

But... there was nothing out there. Only the echoes of past wars which had yet to fade, the empty spaces where the Force had been wounded and life had been destroyed, and of course, deepest of all, the heartbest of the Galaxy itself--the heart of the Force.

With that, she turned her back on the sunrise, and went to talk to her people.

[(A short time later)]

The announcement that everyone was to allow their world to be unmasked literally sent shockwaves throughout the planet's surface. For thousands of years, everyone had been putting in effort to mask their own presence, and to emit a field, so to speak, that would mask their planet's presence. They had even trained themselves to be able to do this while they slept, so their planet could be literally hidden at all times.

Some protested, predictably so. Some even seemed to believe that Mecilla was a traitor and a foolish risk-taker, simply because she had unmasked myself long enough to sense through the Force to determine if Eviwy was truly dead. She was quick to defend her position, saying that she had taken every precaution and although she did know the risk, she wouldn't have done it if she had thought any of the Singers still remained.

However, there was one stubborn Dragon in particular who continued to challenge Mecilla's authority--someone who had actually been wanting her position as leader for a long, long time now. However, there was no room for a break in the line of ruling, until now--Now was a time of uncertainty and panic, where no one was sure what the future held, especially now that the Singers were apparently all gone, and that the Dragons were going to allow their presence to be known for the first time in a very, very long time.

The rival whom Mecilla now faced stepped forward, eyes flashing in the golden morning sunlight, pearly teeth shining. In many ways, his appearance almost mirrored Mecilla's, although most of the Dragons would look nearly identical to the eyes of off-worlders anyway. In fact, the main way that the Dragons identified each other was by their Force signatures, which were as unique and individual as fingerprints, rather than mere physical appearance.

Mecilla's rival, Permissa, was sleek and dark in color, having a slender lizerd body, a large pair of bat-like wings upon his back, a long thin tail that lashed like a whip, four legs upon which he walked (although, like all Dragons, he could use his front paws as hands easily enough) and a large, crested head with enormous red eyes, a narrow snout, and even a few small horns along the crest.

Mecilla accepted the challenge of her leadership--she would rather face any obstacles she had now, rather than have to deal with them or worry about them later, after her world had been unmasked.

The fight was actually relatively short-lived--Mecilla did not achieve her rank as ruler of her people just by her intelligent mind or her brute strength--she was also very well gifted in the Force, even for a Dragon. And she knew techniques that even some of the greatest Sith elsewhere in the Galaxy did not know... ones that made Permissa collaspe on the ground and writhe in agony for several moments, before Mecilla used her claws to slice his throat open. Permissa's eyes went wide and blind, and then he went completely limp, unmoving.

Mecilla then turned to face the others on her race, looking at each of them with a question in her eyes, one that was so obvious she didn't even need to ask it. Does anyone else wish to question my authority or my decision? No one moved, no one spoke. Some even seemed to be holding their breath, almost as though they were afraid to breath.

The Force Dragon leader then smiled, and nodded slightly.

And then, for the first time in thousands of years... the Mask was lowered, and the planet became visable.

And after that... Mecilla lead her people away, to use ships that were still functional but had not been used for many thousands of years... to test the strength of what remained of the Republic for themselves.

Mical

Mical looked at Mira, and cocked his head to one side. "I can understand how you would be bored here," he said slowly, nodding. "Especially since there seems to be less for us to do these days." He paused, looking at her closely. He could tell she was not exactly content here, although she remained so long as she had duties.

"Where would you rather be?" he asked her suddenly, on impulse. "Is there something else you would rather be doing?" He smiled slightly. "Do you miss your bounty hunting days?" he asked, his attempt at a bit of humor, although he was partially serious as well.

14. Scout_Four

Scout_Four OMG Member

Threads:

Protocol Droid EX-23400X51

"Her we are, mistress," said the silver plated protocol droid. It stopped in front of a large door to the small security station that had been set up on Revan's orders. "If you need anything, I will be waiting outside to guide you back to the landing pad."

--

"Let's just say Nar Shaadaa gives me something exciting every day," Mira said lazily. She yawned one more time. "Those MedCarts are a load of sh--Dev, you have your pillow?"

The five-year-old poked his head through the door and nodded. "I tired," he said, yawning just like Mira had been a few seconds ago. "Can we go to bed now?"

"Sure," said Mira. She stood and cracked her neck. "Let me make sure Master Mical isn't choking on any cookies, and I'll be on my way."

Dev giggled. "Okay," he said, and took off for Mira's quarters.

She chuckled, and leaned down to kiss Mical softly on the lips. "You're pretty gullible, Blondie, but you're okay, I guess." She giggled at his amazed expression, took the rest of her warm hot chocolate, fit three cookies in her palm, and sauntered out of the room.

15. darthnotrevan

darthnotrevan OMG Member

Threads:

Carth Onasi

Admiral Carth Onasi stared out the window and out toward the Coruscanti skyline, eyes wide open yet barely bordering on awake. As tired as he was, things seemed much less chaotic than with Revan lately, she had been working so hard, he eventually told her that she desperately needed a break. He sighed and rested his hands behind his head, just trying to relax during the few quiet moments he had.

Atton Rand

Jedi Master Atton Rand stared blankly at the wall, waiting for a Twi' lek he knew as Mission Vao. As he waited his mind slowly drifted off to Dane, he had let her go within a few days of her death and yet she came back to haunt him. He sighed and shook his head, neatening his robes and leaning back in the unbelievably upright chair he had been given.

16. Crystal

Crystal OMG Member

Threads:

Mical

He slowly rose and stretched. He realized that he must have been tired, because he could have sworn that this was Mira's quarters rather than his own. However, perhaps it was merely because he had spent so much time in Mira's quarters lately, especially with Dev, that he subconsciously thought this was his room.

He watched her go, drink and cookies in hand, and then he moved over to make his bed. He had no intention of going to sleep; he was too wide awake for that, even though he was tired.

Or maybe it could say he was just too tired to sleep. Either way, he finished making his bed, straightening out the sheets and the pillows and the blanket, then he moved over to the table and picked up the dishes, putting them away. Then he put the cookies away.

If Mira and I have a kid of our own, I wonder if we will doing something very similar to this? I shook my head at the thought. I shouldnt' even be thinking such things... Mira and I both had our duty as Jedi, plus we were watching Revan's son.

Although in some ways, I had to admit, it was almost beginning to feel like Mira and I were Dev's parents, rather than Carth and Revan. Those two were so busy with the Republic and with Jedi business these days, they never had very much time for their son.

Although hopefully things would settle down soon. And hopefully, they would be able to spend more time with Dev.

Not that we minded or anything--Mira loved Dev very much, and so do I. But it was also important for Dev to be with his own family.

I sat down on the edge of my bed, letting out a soft sigh. Nothing in the Order was ever easy. And it made things worse when things were not exactly going smoothly in the Republic... there might not be a war going on, but things were still pretty rough around the galaxy. It was still trying to recuperate and put itself back together as best it could.

Edit: OOC: Dangit, I accidently switched from third person to first person in the middle of the post! Well... I'll fix it later maybe... I'm too lazy to fix it right now :p I'm sure you all know what I meant in the post anyway, LOL

17. Junk Angel

Junk Angel OMG Member

Threads:

Mission watched as the protocol droid buzzed to somewhere else. It told her to wait here, and so she did, keeping the few computer spikes she had and curiosity for better use.

Even if she would love to have a look at the innards of the terminal she was standing next to, she knew she would probably need the spikes later. A hunch of sorts.

Darn, the lazy schutta has to know now I'm here already. The entire thing feels as slippery as a greased Dug. Why isn't no one here. If only I could already be en route to wherever Carth and Revan are. The only thing I've heard about them during the years, is that Revan recreated the Jedi council with her in the head, and Carth, well he became an Admiral. Why is there so little information about them. I couldn't even find out how long are they married. It's almost as if someone didn't want information abou them out. Why? it's not like anything could be much worse than the sith we met on the Starforge, Mallak and his lackeys. Or, the second sith war, with Nihilus. Darn, it was not nice, serving on one of his ships as an assignment. Well at least I fit in among the crew quite well, with getting news of Z's death just a week before the start. Why why did he have to try and take on an entire Czerka Punisher Squad. He wasn't that mental, ever!

Still it would be nice to know something more about that couple.

She constantly fingered a scar she had. A scar, that went from her left cheek, went around the eye and ended on her forehead. If someone looked closer, it was clear, that the scar was inflicted with a sith blade, the jaggedness of the scar was a clear indication of it.

Mission waited, more and more agitated, in part, because she was really bored, in part because her emotions were a bit on the wild side lately.

18. darthnotrevan

darthnotrevan OMG Member

Threads:

Atton Rand

Atton strode out of the small office, following the droid outside and over to Vao. He looked at her, and smiled, then nodded, slowly extending his hand.

"Miss Vao? Atton Rand."

19. Junk Angel

Junk Angel OMG Member

Threads:

Mission tensed for a moment.
    Huh, where's the old geezer, this guy is actually somewhat cute, more than Carth used to be actually She smiled sheepishly for a second
    But he's still a lazy schutta, he could have been here so much more earlier!.

Aloud she said.

"Tss, you are one fast sentient, aren't you? So could you just tell me something? Are we going to see Mr. and Mrs. Onasi right away, or you plan to do something else first? Of course, there's the option that what ever means we will be traveling by, aren't ready yet.
    Yeeeeesh, sorry, I'm just getting impatient. Could you at least tell me something. Please please, tell me, that we won't be meeting them on Coruscant. I just came back from that Taris imitation.
    So Revan pulled a Bindo with Carth eh?"
    She smiled when saying that. In part, because she knew Jolle Bindo herself, and due to a memory of her hearing this phrase the first time. She didn't recall by whom or when, but it signified a disobeyant jedi, who went against the tenets of the order by marrying.

20. darthnotrevan

darthnotrevan OMG Member

Threads:

Atton Rand

He sighed and raked his fingers through his hair.

"To be honest, I was going to try to head out as soon as you got here...and now that you are, I'll see to it that w have at least a half-way decent ship waiting." He smiled "And the last time I checked, I really hate to tell ya', Revan was on Coruscant, hate to disappoint, but that's how it goes."

Atton nodded and turned away. "Follow me if you wish, I'm going to get the ship all ready...or if that's too boring for you, have a look around. It doesn't matter to me."

21. Junk Angel

Junk Angel OMG Member

Threads:

"Gah, I'll help you. At least I still know when to kick a machine when it should be kicked."

At this she followed Atton, keeping an eye on what his ship could be. She just hoped it wasn't something that was married to jedi asketism. She had enough rides on ships that seemed to fall apart under her, to last her a life time.

Darn, he really is cute. Mission, watch something else!! But why Coruscant. Couldn't the order just tell Intel to go a few clicks north or south. And not go for a joy ride over two thirds of the known galaxy!

22. darthnotrevan

darthnotrevan OMG Member

Threads:

Atton Rand

"Good. At least you're actually willing to help, I've dealt with quite a few people who think that their above manual labor."

He pushed a protocol droid out of his way in order to to get to the most decent looking ship in the hangar. Although decent didn't mean perfect, it had its share of dings. He grabbed a large box and walked up the walk ramp, setting it down in the back by the hyperdrive. It was there before he took the ship, by the time he brought this thing back he figured someone might want it.

Atton's gaze turned to the ripped open panel right below the controls. He looked to Mission. "Some say you're handy with electronics, reckon you could have that fixed up before I get back? I left something behind, I gotta go get it."

23. Junk Angel

Junk Angel OMG Member

Threads:

Mission stared aghast at the panel. What, who told him anything about me? I don't know a single thing about him except name and that he's a darned master, and what, he spews details? Oh wait jedi, maybe he can sense these things.

While going trough all these thoughts she looked at the panel. It was obviously fried and shortcircuited.
    I'm no good with things that don't think, well except maybe for HK, he definately didn't think, and repairing him at those rare times wasn't such a hassle.
    Well what to do with this snaily dug. Hmm maybe change this cable flip that valve.....
    Darn, can't it at least beep!!

about an hour later, she violently smashed the cover back. She seemed angry, but the panel was working again.

24. darthnotrevan

darthnotrevan OMG Member

Threads:

Atton Rand

Atton made his way back to the ship around an hour later. He had to finish up paperwork that he had forgotten about, supposedly someone else wanted it about a week ago.

As he sat down in the pilot's seat he looked down at the panel.

"I'm hoping you did it all correctly? I'd hate to crash and burn mid trip."

He felt the hilt Dane's lightsaber hit him in the side. He had neatly placed it in his robe, it was what he really went back for.

"So then, Miss Vao, you ready to head out?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice