Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Star Ship Customization

Discussion in 'SWTOR Discussion' started by Nelson_MD, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Nelson_MD

Nelson_MD I Heart FOTOR :hugs:

Threads:
    [​IMG]
    Now, we all know that in the game we will get a PERSONAL STAR SHIP to ferry us around in the game. While, we don't know if it will cost any money to acquire your ship. There are a few factors in the game that will make it more realistic to the person playing the game. Things like, it costs money to move around the galaxy, and you get a cool galaxy map that will allow you to move around.

But, that is not quite what this is about. So, in a quote from a Bioware producer on Videogamer,

You know, you think of the ships as something you have to earn. It's a tent pole moment; a key moment of achievement inside each class.​

I expect this will be like the Mass Effect 2 System. In which when you get to a planet and such, you can buy supplies, fuel and possibly upgrades at special ports depending on your class. And we know, that you can get upgrades for things such as weapons, armor, "gas", ect.

Like, the Bounty Hunter would probably get all of his upgrades from the Black Market possibly on Hutta. Where as, the any of the Jedi Classes might get theirs from a Republic military base, or the Jedi Temple on Courscant or Tython.

There is not a lot of information on this yet, which made this an easy article to look around for, and then get people the information that is the most important to everyone, and actually pertains to the topic. So without further ado:

[​IMG]

You get your ship by earning it through events that are currently unknown. (At least to me)
    It costs money to move around the Galaxy Map
    By playing space combat you gain credits, exp, and upgrades for you ship!
    You move around the galaxy from the galaxy map, like games such as KOTOR, and Mass Effect.
    And, we know our starships for each class. Check it out here!

[​IMG]

You can personally change the look of your star ship, but very lightly.
    Your companions provide upgrades for your ship
    You can paint your ship
    you can move furniture and such around in your ship to re-decorate!

And that is basically how you will acquire your ship in your starting planet. you have to earn it. But more than that is the fact that you can customize your star ship by buying upgrades (YAY!) to improve your ships weaponry and such.

2. OP
    Nelson_MD

Threads:
    sorry this is such a meager article this week...there wasn't a lot of info, and I did not get many ideas...so, along with what you think, you should post ideas for other articles as well! Thanks!

3. Jayden

Jayden I R Posting Machine

Threads:
    Thanks for the article! What do you mean by moving the furniture around? I didn't see any furniture in any bids. Can you elaborate?

4. OP
    Nelson_MD

Threads:
    Well, I have seen things that are just in rooms and stuff that look like they can be moved and stuff. And they might have a system where you can buy things that are not only just upgrades for you ship. Ya'know, maybe some artwork or things along the lines of that...does that sound about right?

5. OP
    Nelson_MD

Threads:
    are there any other replies, or is this article just horrible?

6. Bears_Krutz

Bears_Krutz Citizen of the Forum

Threads:
    As long as my ship can run I will be fine. I have never been into decorating and such in games, maybe throw a thing or two in there and go shoot some people down!

7. OP
    Nelson_MD

Threads:
    Yeah, that is true...as long as people die on my account, I think that I will be fine as well.

8. Jayden

Jayden I R Posting Machine

Threads:
    It would actually be very cool to have ships break down and need repairing. Maybe that last space battle took too much a toll on your hyperdrive. Have to set down on Hutta to find spare parts.

9. OP
    Nelson_MD

Threads:
    Yeah, that would be really cool to do, maybe it is a quest of some sort??? HMM....

10. UnlimitedHeero

UnlimitedHeero Legionnaire

Threads:
    Or guilds being able to have to their own captial ships, and being able to land your ship on the command ship.

11. OP
    Nelson_MD

Threads:
    I think that, that would work if SW:TOR had the time to make it...at one point in time they announced to the public that they were thinking about it...but otherwise, I have not heard anything.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice