Star Trek Discovery (2017)

opair

OMG Member
Has anyone watched the new Star Trek show yet?

And if so, did you watch the Star Trek series prior?

I haven't had time to check it out yet but I saw it floating around on Netflix some time ago. I don't know if I should give this a shot though as I used to be a huge fan of the old show and don't want to be disappointed.

Thoughts anyone?

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Yep, me! *raises hand*

I have been watching Star Wars, Star Trek, Buck Rogers, Alien Nation, V, Battlestar Galactica, Stargate, and even Red Dwarf, .. I probably forgot a couple.

During my youth sci fi has spiked my interest in tech and science, physics, and the universe we are a part of.

When the new movies came out, regardless what others say about them: I watched the new star wars, the new star treks, and when the new tv series came out I was afraid it would be less than the movies, and as corny as they were when I was 6 or 12..

The new STD did not disappoint. I really am enjoying the episodes. Episode 4 is on netflix this morning and I can't wait to watch it later

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWnYtyNKPsA

opair

OMG Member
I watched the first and second episode yesterday and it was really fun!! I was surprised at how good it was even though I didn't expect it to be bad or anything. Big fan of the characters already too

Floris

Staff member
There was another episode. I am going to watch it later tonight when I arrive in Amsterdam.

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
I have been watching it. I am all caught up now! I'm not sure how I feel about it though.. I keep having to remind myself that they're supposed to be in an earlier time period than Picard. However the future tech is very apparent.

Floris

Staff member
There should be another episode tonight, I hope I have the time to watch it.
I just see it as another cool sci fi show and I am enjoying it. I like it even more because it's star trek :P