Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron

Discussion in 'Awesome Media' started by TeHpUmKinKiNg, Nov 3, 2009.

1. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron is a video game in the Battlefront series for Nintendo DS and PSP. It was officially announced on May 26, 2009 and was released on November 3, 2009. A demo for the PSP previously came out.

Gameplay

The game introduces multi layered maps, allowing transition from ground to space, and allowing the player's actions in both layers affect the whole battlefront. While the PSP version features character customization, the DS has preset classes. The customization feature is a lot deeper than the previous game, Renegade Squadron.

The game is expected to have a very deep and expansive story mode, starring X2 and his evil twin brother X1.

In an announcement on starwars.com, which announced the story of the game, the platforms, and several other aspects of the game, it was also mentioned that the game will feature events from the original Star Wars Saga and beyond. This includes the game's storyline, but may also include events from other parts of Star Wars history.

There is expected to be three different CTF modes, a Heroes vs. Villains mode, and a Galactic Conquest mode, which now allows players to connect and play with another PSP or DS.

[ame="

"]YouTube - Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron Web Doc Trailer [HD][/ame]

So, any of you plan on getting it? I don't have a NDS or PSP, so I am going to have to pass on this. It does look tons better than Battlefront II, though.

2. Maral Dimor

Maral Dimor I Wanna Polka.

Just make battlefront 3 already

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Ah, if only. I've been waiting on SWBF3 for a LONG time now, lol.

4. Fyurii_oth

Fyurii_oth I Know More Than The Holocron

Well, BF3 was being made, then got canned.

The same thing happened with KoTOR3....

I must confess to feeling hard-done-by when it comes to the lack of a Battlefront III though.

Played BF on PC, and BF2 on X-Box, and enjoyed both.

Sometimes I've even considered getting BF2 through Steam, but haven't given it serious consideration.

(I'd probably get the entire Jedi Knight collection first:bounce:!)

5. OP
    TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

A few of us play SWBF2 on the PC. You should join us- it's still a very active game, even after all these years, and crappy support.

6. Rain

Rain OMG Member

Yeah LA are pretty dumb IMO. They should have bailed the games company out or something. I mean they would make SO much profit with BF3.

7. Vexar

Vexar Galactic Fetus

Heh. I still play Battlefront 2 on my PC. Back when I first had it on PS2 I adored it, I still do on PC. BF3 I will admit would be pretty cool, if they actually made it!!

You guys still play BF2 though? ;O

8. OP
    TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice