Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Star Wars Battlefront

Discussion in 'Gaming Zone' started by Tricorder, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    The new one, not the old one(s), of course.

Impressive! Most impressive. EA-Wan has done well. I sense Episode VII influence in the Force, though. Not saying it's a bad thing or anything like that. It's just the feeling I get when watching this trailer and the trailer for the new Star Wars movie. :)

Sooo, anyone gonna get this when it comes out?  :)  

2. Cramseur

Cramseur I can do the Kessel Run in TWO parsecs.

Threads:
    Nope. It's only Mp, it crushed my dreams... 

3. OP
    Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    That sucks. Will there at least be bot support or strictly online-only? I get why developers tend to push multiplayer in big titles, since playing online against other people is a popular thing, which, in return, ensures large sales numbers and the corresponding amount of profit pouring into their pockets, but would it kill them to add at least some makeshift solo campaign?  :unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cramseur

Threads:
    I'm not so sure if they'll allow offline bot gameplay, but it just simply kills the game for me if they have absolutely no Sp campaign, but it's EA doing this. EA in the past has been voted as one of the most evil companies out there and I have to agree, especially with them butchering my expectations for the game. I bet EA never factored in the people with crappy internet service or the people who are strictly Sp addicts. I genuinely can't believe this happened, I mean how could they be so short sighted to not see how this would not work. Let me ask you something, when you (re)play Half Life do you play Sp or Mp(Hl Deathmatch)?

I tend to op towards Sp...

Why?

Because there's a friggen campaign!

When you play Mp in any game it's just one thing, complete objectives and mindless streamlined shooting, nothing else. Don't get me wrong I play Mp from time to time, I like working against someone who is smarter than a bot, but that's it. That's the only reason why I would ever play Mp. So when I hear that EA decides to make they're game (who's release many have been waiting 7 years for) completely Mp, I loose it.   

Deep down I knew Ea would do this, I couldn't really imagine this game having everything I wanted. I mean I understand them appealing to markets, but the Mp market is a limited one. It's so sad that they let so many fans down with this release. But this isn't the first time this has happened.

*sigh*

... just look at Swtor.  

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    Yep, same thing. Multiplayer, more multiplayer, even more multiplayer and just a bit more multiplayer as an icing on a multiplayer cake. Okay, fine. There's nothing wrong with multiplayer per se. I like giving Unreal Tournament a whirl from time to time, when I'm in the mood for some pointless shooting, but having a campaign with an actual storyline that justifies the shooting (so to say), something that makes the whole thing feel like something more than just pointless shootout, is a whole different story. Half-Life singleplayer? Yes, please. Thank you.

All that aside, I must say that graphics in this trailer look unbelievably realistic. It's easy to mistake the game for an actual movie at the first glance. Of course, graphics alone don't make for a good game, so I guess we'll have to wait & see what the final product will look & feel like. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cramseur

Threads:
    ​Well take in the fact that this is Inengine footage, not actual gameplay. This trailer can only speak for the game's engine, which is very impressive. But this might just be another Cod clone with SW models. But like you said we have to wait for the final product.

7. OP
    Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    Ironically, there's a Star Wars total conversion mod for Call of Duty 4 out there...

Unreal Tournament 2004 has one too:

Heh. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    Amazing. Such a shame it's gonna be multiplayer-only.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice