Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Story of Me (however screwed up)

Discussion in 'Awesome Media' started by Fats, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Fats

Fats OMG Member

Story of Me (however screwed up)

I'm Alex, I'm 15, and I live in Ohio. I have two parents who are more screwed up than I am, and I like to write. This is going to look like crap next to the others, because I'm writing out of my special time [but who the heck's perfect anyway]. Between writing I play music, I am fluent in the tenor and alto saxophone, piano, guitar, tuba, and harmonica, but I seem to have a problem playing one on one with people, because I always seem to do badly. Anyway, I have written stories and things for years, but my greatest literary achievement has to be a very recent one. Less than a month ago, I was suspended from school for publishing an underground newspaper. I attend a small school, about 750 students, that has an official school newspaper that sells aproximately 175 papers a month. My newspaper, affectionately called the Bullsh#$ Central (or BSC) sold around 320 copies a week. Now if you do the math, that happens to be a whole lot of newspapers. Unfortunately that avenue of publication was closed upon my suspension, but fear not literary master-minds I was not daunted (neither was my newspaper). I decided that if I were to give up, then why even continue to write if I cannnot write what is true. I produced a series of blogs and a complicated system of accessing the system (you might as well ask what it was, really it is great). NOw i have just as many readers as I did before, and I will not give up. No matter what.

Please give me feedback on what you would have done in a similar situation.
    thank you,
    FATS

2. Madigan

Madigan OMG Member

(Stands up and applaudes)
    Way to go Fats! (Alex)
    It would be interesting to read those blogs.

Welcome to The Writers Hangout.
    I look forward to reading your material.

3. Davidk

Davidk OMG Member

What about turning your publication into a online magazine? ;)

4. OP
    Fats

Fats OMG Member

5. Madigan

Madigan OMG Member

Thanks Fats.
    I checked out the site. You are just starting the blog site out from the looks of things. I wish you all the best with it's development and readership. I hope you don't mind I've bookmarked it along with several other blog sites I read. And actually, since reading your post and checking out your site I've considered starting a few of my own blog sites.
    I'll post the links to them in our forum once I've got them set up.

I never truly realized how many blog sites are out there, how many published authors have their own, and the range of uses for blogsites.
    I guess you could say you've sparked my interest in blogwriting.;)
    Thanks Fats.

6. Pyro

Pyro OMG Member

An underground newspaper, eh? I think we need an underground newspaper. With the general quality and censorship of our newspaper...pfft...if I was in charge, there'd be a lot of changes. :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice