Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

SWTOR Release Date Announcement and 2012

Discussion in 'SWTOR News' started by TeHpUmKinKiNg, Sep 13, 2011.

1. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    [​IMG]

Further comments made by EA CFO Eric Brown regarding Star Wars: The Old Republic have come light thanks to an update at Gamasutra. A few days ago, Eric Brown commented that EA was studying World of Warcraft‘s post-launch strategy. As it just so happens, Brown also mentioned something about SWTOR’s release date announcement and the possibility of the game being delayed until 2012.

<center>

</center>

“We’re not done until we’re done. … We’re not going to know with enough certainty to publicly announce a release date until later this month or sometime in October.”​

A firm announcement of a TOR release date may arrive at the end of this month or in October. We’re getting close. Are you getting excited yet?

Gamasutra quote on a possible TOR delay:

“The company still expects the MMO to launch this calender year, but EA’s fiscal guidance takes into account a possible slip into first calendar quarter of 2012 (fiscal Q4) if needed, Brown said. ‘We have a date set internally [for calendar Q4], with a lot of assumptions around it,’ he said.”

There’s still a chance the game could be delayed until 2012. Can you wait?

2. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    Since I have no intention of playing the game, I can wait indefinitely. :p

3. UnlimitedHeero

UnlimitedHeero Legionnaire

Threads:
    Dude if they keep delaying they are going to lose customers.

4. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    Duke Nukem Forever - Star Wars version. :p

5. Jayden

Jayden I R Posting Machine

Threads:
    They aren't delaying yet, so far. It's still 2011. But if it takes a few more months to get it right, I wouldn't mind. I'd rather have a complete product later than a broken game now.

6. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Threads:
    Most developers have a corporate deadline which they must meet. When the allocated amount of developing time expires, but the game isn't quite finished yet and the developers would like to work on it a few more months to weed out bugs and seal all loopholes, the big giant heads above them get nervous about the delay, so they pressure the developers to release the product as it is. Later on those same developers make and release patches which probably wouldn't be needed if they had more time to work on the game.

So what if the game engine could use more optimization? So what if the game crashes when you push more than two buttons at the same time? Who cares if certain graphic features don't work on certain graphic cards? As long as they manage to sell a few million copies of the game and fill their pockets with money, nothing else matters. Greed above everything! :cort:

7. Saenjaina

Saenjaina I Have A Spork!

Threads:
    You have to consider, if it will be worth missing out on holiday sales. I think not... also, this is EA we are talking about. I would be immensely surprised, should they decide to pass out on the holiday period.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice