The boring thread of: I have to really clean a few things (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Well yesterday didn't go to plan, was just too tired.
Can't do any more laundry until the pods come through the post (laundry subscription)
Did change the bedding at least yesterday and got most of the washing up done.

Today I'll try to finish the washing up, get my meal plan done.
My meal plan is: I have things for 12 months now, some of it will be good for x months or years still. And to figure out what i have, when it expires, and what to do with it. I wont allow myself to get groceries today or tomorrow until I start using what i have in stock and just accept that's what i drink/eat.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
My meal plan is: I have things for 12 months now, some of it will be good for x months or years still. And to figure out what i have, when it expires, and what to do with it. I wont allow myself to get groceries today or tomorrow until I start using what i have in stock and just accept that's what i drink/eat.
Yep I need to do that too

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Today so far;

Put on a wash load which should finish soon..
Had coffee with Sal
Had lunch and watched an ep of SPN

Now to do;

Washing up
Another wash load
Some admin
Possibly Abbs room if I can muster up the energy and motivation

Floris

Staff member
Tuesday, woke up at 9 am ish.
Felt productive, but got only 25 to 30% done.

Just waiting for groceries now (im so weak), but i hope to food prep a bit.

Had some delicious soup this morning for breakfast haha.

I really have to get a box today and start going through it. And see what I can do in the last room that I need to still do. I still have 50% to do in there. But it's a 50% I don't want to do :(

I have to make a plan fro that for June I guess.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Maybe you can add old groceries to the new ones and still use up what you have

Floris

Staff member
Maybe you can add old groceries to the new ones and still use up what you have
Yep, I try to check what I have so I know what I am missing and then add that first to the list. This way I save money and resources.

Floris

Staff member
- dryer is empty again
- bedroom is a mess, just clean clothes everywhere now haha
- collected laundry in one spot, but not enough for another run
- cleaned up the kitchen a little bit
- worked on the minecraft server a while
- had food
- emptied dishwasher and filled it up again
- cleaned computer monitor (wow, it's like a new computer, and yes; use micro-fibre cloths, one moist, one dry)
- tidied up livingroom table
- cleaned up both hallways
- ordered coffee on amazon since it was the cheapest for the one brand i want
- found a plant that was dying, it was small, already tough to keep up, and it gave up i guess, bummer. i liked it.
- patched the firmware and operating system on my desktop systems. so many security patches!
- upgraded iphone to latest ios version
- upgraded old iphones to latest ios beta versions
- trying to upgrade ipad
- looked at stuff on the forums, it didn't die yet, i think the upgrade went fine
- my left foot hurts, fml.

• Wow
Reactions: Nix

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Wow you got lots done, go you!

I've done not a lot today... dentist, shopping, coffees, admin, now chilling before start kitchen :(
Got boiler check tomorrow afternoon so got lots to do and no motivation to do it.

Floris

Staff member
Wow you got lots done, go you!

I've done not a lot today... dentist, shopping, coffees, admin, now chilling before start kitchen :(
Got boiler check tomorrow afternoon so got lots to do and no motivation to do it.
Best of luck with all that. I hope you made some progress today/tomorrow.

Floris

Staff member
I haven't cleaned at all, this morning I have been cleaning online. haha. I have cleaned up the forums a bit now that we've upgraded to the new version.

Sleep has been terrible, my body keeps complaining i am alive. So, i tried to sleep, I tried to distract my mind. I want to leave the apartment, be a normal and healthy person again but I notice I am slowly falling apart. The weather unfortn. is quite terrible. So walks and bikes, and balcony breakfasts etc are meh. So focussed a bit on the forums to allow the day to warm up.

I have to stay home as well because I have fresh coffee arriving today. I will in between 'computering', doing some tidying and cleaning up.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I've done the majority of the washing up this morning, got one small bit to go, should get that done before I go to work. need to do the rubbish and recycling though.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Today before noon!!!

Clothes washing on
Washing up done
Clear sides
Table clear
Sweep kitchen floor
Clear landing and hallway
Tidy living room
Rubbish out

AHhhhhh too much to do before workman here....sigh

1-2 Shopping delivery
noon - 5 workman

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH The workmen will be here in 10 min....CRAP!!!

Floris

Staff member
Today before noon!!!

Clothes washing on
Washing up done
Clear sides
Table clear
Sweep kitchen floor
Clear landing and hallway
Tidy living room
Rubbish out

AHhhhhh too much to do before workman here....sigh

1-2 Shopping delivery
noon - 5 workman
Sounds like you have time for some facetime :D

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Never mind that facetime, you already some men to entertain haha
Men entertained with coffee lol...now gone.

Still got lots to do but on a call with you for a bit first... then I need to crack on as got Bro here Saturday and busy Sunday/Monday/Tuesday!!

ChattingWithYou

OMG Member
Hi,

I just revamped my wardrobe today. I deep cleaned my closet and drawers, reorganized my clothing based on colors, removed clothes that I haven't touched in a year. I have done a few mix and match and the outcome has been simply awesome. I am just surprised at my own creativity. No wonder necessity is the mother of invention. My closet and drawers look so clean with neatly arranged clothes. Most of the clothes that I pulled out have gone back into the closet excepting a few that do not fit me anymore. I have spent so much of my time selecting these clothes each time at the clothes store. I just don't feel like letting go of my favorite ones, some of which I have certain sentimental attachment. Funny though, each time I plan to clear up and I end up having everything back into my closet in a different arrangement. May be some day I will learn to let go..........

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Hi,

I just revamped my wardrobe today. I deep cleaned my closet and drawers, reorganized my clothing based on colors, removed clothes that I haven't touched in a year. I have done a few mix and match and the outcome has been simply awesome. I am just surprised at my own creativity. No wonder necessity is the mother of invention. My closet and drawers look so clean with neatly arranged clothes. Most of the clothes that I pulled out have gone back into the closet excepting a few that do not fit me anymore. I have spent so much of my time selecting these clothes each time at the clothes store. I just don't feel like letting go of my favorite ones, some of which I have certain sentimental attachment. Funny though, each time I plan to clear up and I end up having everything back into my closet in a different arrangement. May be some day I will learn to let go..........
I did this last year... my colour order is... grey, black, white, pink! Also split my Spring/Summer and my Autumn/Winter wardrobes up.

I've kept a few small bits in the hope I'll fit back into them one day!

Floris

Staff member
This summer i should really organize my clothes so i know exactly what i have, what doesn't fit, etc.

Floris

Staff member
This thread is over 500 replies, and was started in October, over six months ago. Oof! We've done LOADSSssss

Let's start the summer with a fresh new thread and continue what seems to be working!

Status
Not open for further replies.