The boring thread of: I have to really clean a few things (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
While I was on the call with nix I cleaned left side of the kitchen and put things away, rinsed out some sinks and stuff like that. I made a bit of progress. Having terrible coffee now and a break. And soon a pancake (finally food in 25 minutes).

Sometimes I feel the more of an 'echo' a room has, the cleaner it is. haha

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
No washing up for me today!! Got no water!

I only have the dinner stuff to wash anyway, but just knowing that I have an excuse to leave it is great, not that I've ever really needed an excuse!

Floris

Staff member
Trash is all gone, I just have boxes left. But I slept through the afternoon. I felt weird and didn't want to end up depressed and achy from my arm. I crawled into bed and had a nap and caught up with rest. Also important. Tonight I will keep up with the kitchen and whatever. The last 24 hours have started. I like that pressure (and I hate it). But I am almost done - the movers can come the 19th, they're welcome haha.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I have water again, so yeah I have washing up to do again. I need to get it done though as I'm doing mash tonight and that means more washing up!

Reactions: Nix

Floris

Staff member
I just wanted to say that thanks to this thread and you Joan and Nix, and everybody that I talk to about it, that I do get to the point where I am not anxious about having people in my apartment, and all that stuff. I am able to set goals, make progress, work towards dead lines etc. Today's the last day I can work on some rooms, tomorrow the movers come to dump stuff in the empty livingroom, and then I can take a rest for a bit.

Floris

Staff member
Update:

Cleaned spots on the floor that bothered me.

Threw the boxes out! Finally. haha.

Started emptying the kitchen area again, making sure it will be empty tomorrow.

The stove got dirty, the coffee had too much water and started to spray the steam with coffee particles everywhere (of course..) so I have to wait for that to cool down and then wipe it off. But that's 1 minute work. No biggie.

I've started laundry, and the dryer, and dishwasher are done. So I can empty those and then wait for laundry to finish and put that in the dryer.

I got news tomorrow is confirmed, and I expect them to show up after midday. They have to go to the farm first anyway.

Floris

Staff member
Update:

Kitchen is 95% done

Laundry is 100% done

Dryer is 100% done

Living room is 98% done

Hallways are 100% done

Bedroom/storage room are done, can't be used anyway.

I just have to do some final touches before waking up tomorrow, and they can make a mess out of it haha

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Shopping order - done
Coffee - done
Washing up
My room - clothes away and rubbish out (BIG job)
Whites clothes washing
Dinner (Spag)

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
I've lost all energy! Dunno what I'll get done now :(

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I really should make a start on the washing up but yeah no motivation to do it, I might go for a walk instead!

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
So I did that, the going for a walk not the washing up, yeah that's still waiting for me to find the motivation!

Floris

Staff member
Same here, they left today, I felt depressed knowing every room in my apartment is now smelling like the old farm and stuffed with things that I don't know what to do with or where to put. So I went to bed.

Floris

Staff member
Thursday, I tried to sleep, here I am, meow. I dunno.

I have tried to keep the kitchen clean, I've moved a certain box outside after emptying it. I need to bring that heavy wood thing down.

On the balcony i have had various tests done with the table that I got, which turned out to be a bit bigger than expected. MAAAAAHN

I've ordered some comfy seater thingies for the chairs. I can use those inside on the new chairs, and then when I have visitors, use them outside so they sit 'clean' and not on dust/wet chair etc.

Some things I wanted outside I dont feel comfy having outside. It was misty, it just soaked up water it seems like. I brought it back in.

Certain boxes I got I've started to look at it and I don't even know where to begin haha.

Maybe I should go back to my original todo list. And go with plan-a, where I empty, clean, tidy, and organize that other tiny room. That way I can put stuff in boxes and closets there, and make some progress.

What I really need is someone who is handy and doesn't mind that I just watch them drill holes in walls and fix things. I have 2 left hands, i will just cause water damage, etc.

Made coffee, worked on some code, called the store, and later this afternoon I can pick up the plants. So if needed, I can take a nap until like 3 or 4pm I guess.

I've got the balcony and frontdoor open, so I hear birrrrdsss, and the apartment stank goes away.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I'm up, it was veg box day so got up early, started the washing up then made a cake! I had yogurt to use up, so made a lemon cake, I still have yogurt to use up, ah well, at least I have cake now. Or will in about 10 minutes when I take it out of the oven.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Well today so far I've had my x-ray. To do is;

Clear table - everything off
Lay table out for tonight
Clean Kitchen floor
Clean loo and floor etc
Washing up and put away and clean sink

Covid tests
Wash hair
Tidy LR
Dinner for 6 people at 7.30pm!

Last edited:

Floris

Staff member
it is "illegal" here to have that many people visiting , we have 2 visitors that aren't living with you (lol, whatever govvy)

Have a lovely dinner.

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
Doing nothing but washing up today now. Table is back as normal but tidier lol... piano lesson done and costa and cake had!

Back on it tomorrow!

Floris

Staff member
Nix, you jinxed me, my foot hurts and hasn't stopped hurting. Stop your witchcraft ! lol

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Washing up has been started
Bedroom to do, not sure what time my delivery is just between 2-6, kinda hoping it's later so I can get everything sorted before it arrives.

Floris

Staff member
Best of luck today! I am doing some mental health cleaning up now as well. haha. So I will be picking up stress of life monday again.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Delivery is coming between 2-4, I've had my roast dinner now, so time to get on and finish the washing up. After a cuppa!

Floris

Staff member
Today I've made sure that laundry things are all together, that the dryer is empty. I've emptied the dishwasher and started refilling it. I have moved old tools out of a box and put them in bags, and the old box with possible farm-things on it (woodworms or lice or whatever) was outside for some days and that's thrown out now downstairs.

Cleaned the floor a little where there was space.

Worked on the forums.

Tiny 15 minutes on Minecraft.

Had a sandwich for breakfast and one for lunch. Coffee and lemonade in between.

Moved things around on the balcony.

My foot hurts ! I dunno why :/

Threw away a plant that was 75% dead and just wasn't recovering.

And I dd a few more things, but can't remember them now. oh well.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
Well yesterday didn't go to plan, was just too tired.
Can't do any more laundry until the pods come through the post (laundry subscription)
Did change the bedding at least yesterday and got most of the washing up done.

Today I'll try to finish the washing up, get my meal plan done.

Status
Not open for further replies.