Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

The Deal Breaker?

Discussion in 'SWTOR Discussion' started by TeHpUmKinKiNg, Mar 26, 2011.

1. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    What would be the deal breaker for you as far as playing SWTOR? What is one (or two) thing(s) that would make you say "no thank you, I'll pass?"

For me, it would be the subscription price/micro-transactions. If the price is too high, I will not play it, period. If there are micro-transactions that provide unfair advantages to other players, I will not play it.

2. Nelson_MD

Nelson_MD I Heart FOTOR :hugs:

Threads:
    Yeah, the price is definitely one thing for me. But if there had to be something else, it would have to be the overall price of the game...if it is like 70 or 80 dollars, I probably will not play it.

3. Jayden

Jayden I R Posting Machine

Threads:
    Wow-style chat trading, in yoda speak...*shudders*

4. Draconek

Draconek Citizen of the Forum

Threads:
    It's been announced for quite some time that the game will be based upon a monthly subscription, which IMO is the best way. Those games with micro-subscriptions like AoM...blech.

EDIT: I just realize that I just posted and didn't even answer the question. Sorry, it is 2 in the morning, after all.

What would really break the game for me, and make it where I didn't want to play would be the challenge. One of the primary reasons I quit playing WoW was it was just too damned easy. I like games based off skill, not luck, and when I find a game that 'is' based off of skill, I like for that skill to be tested properly. The only time I was really tested was in PvP. Everything else, if you have the gear you can get through. It was just a little bit dull for my tastes.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2011
  5. OP
    TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    I do know that aside from cost, one thing that may break me away from the game is the community. If there are a crap load of younglings running around being douches, I probably will not play that much.

Not saying at all, but not as much.

6. Nelson_MD

Nelson_MD I Heart FOTOR :hugs:

Threads:
    Yeah, same here

7. Draconek

Draconek Citizen of the Forum

Threads:
    That's really to be expected, of almost any video game. The only thing that TOR really has going for it in that department is that it's Star Wars, and it appeals to not only the younger crowd (like Warcraft did), but the older crowd as well, so hopefully there's more of a mix.

8. Deep Fried Gungan

Deep Fried Gungan I Punch Gizka

Threads:
    I'm thinking we will have an over-all older player base, actually.

Anyhow... I will probably stop playing the game if it gets too boring. If the grinding becomes too much.

9. LilMistress T

LilMistress T OMG Member

Threads:
    I have never played an MMO so I don't really even have an expectation, but the cost along with WHO I will have to play with and how repetitive things get will be factors. I get bored or distracted very easily, and if it happens too much I may very well lose interest in playing. That and, I'm with Ki on the whole youngling theory. I've tried to play XBOX live when there's a bunch of children in the rooms playing, and it just isn't very fun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice