Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

The MacGuyver Thread

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TeHpUmKinKiNg, Aug 22, 2011.

1. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

So... we've all done it at some point, most likely... Macguyver'd something to make it work. For example, I just used the spark from one lighter and the fuel from another lighter to combine and make fire, so I could light my repaired cigarette (it was broke, so I fixed it by making it shorter and re-seating the cigarette in the paper).

What have you Macguyver'd?

2. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

Lots of things. I'm quite handy. :uy: :p TV antennas (built a few from the scavenged parts for my own amusement - yes, I'm weird, so stop looking at me like that :p ), washing machines [why calling a repairman and paying for the new part and his work when I can fix the machine myself by using an old (but still functioning), unused part from another machine?], water heaters (boilers, if you prefer that term), etc.

When something breaks down, instead of panicking and bitc*ing about it (like my parents do), I start looking for a way to fix it with what I got at my disposal. I guess you could call that Macguyvering.

First, I fix the broken machine, then use it to wash the clothes, wait for the machine to finish, take the clothes out, take it outside to dry, picking it up once it's dried, replace the faulty cable on the clothes iron with a cable I previously scavenged from an old extension cord and finally iron the clothes. [​IMG] :p

You don't believe me? Feel free to call me the next time something in your house breaks down. Chances are I'll be able to fix it. And I'll throw in a free sexual innuendo as a bonus. :p

3. OP
    TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

It's only a matter of time before you electrocute yourself doing that lol

4. Tricorder

Tricorder Resident Maid

*insert dumb blonde joke here*

[​IMG] :lol:

I always make sure to unplug the device I'm working on before I start to rip its guts out. ;)

Still, if I get myself electrocuted, will you come to my funeral? :p

EDIT:

Aha! You want me to get electrocuted. Gee, thanks. Some friend you are. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
  5. UnlimitedHeero

UnlimitedHeero Legionnaire

Lol I have been watching Macguyver all month.

6. Wasturr

Wasturr OMG Member

I used to do that lighter thing all the time. :/

Hmmmn...Made a makeshift flail once outta multiple padlocks and scarfs when I was still in High school once, does that count?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
  7. Hawkeye

Hawkeye OMG Member

When I was stationed in Illinois I had a friend that loved taking his K5 Blazer out during blizzards and drive like a maniac.

On one of our outings his drive shaft broke and we were miles from anything. He thought we were stuck until the storm was over and I took some vise grip pliers, hammer, & crescent wrench and removed the drive shaft, engaged the 4 wheel drive and drove home with a front wheel drive Blazer.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice