The most dangerous writing app

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
Here it is, https://www.themostdangerouswritingapp.com/ enjoy. This is the most dangerous writing app. And I learned to love my failures.

I cheat though, but more about that in a second.

What I do in the morning after a walk or before a walk is force myself to sit down and not write, not blog, not post on the forum, not dump some thought in a social media app, but instead. I just go to the most dangerous writing app and clear my mind by forcing a train of thought to.. 'not stop'.

And that's where the power lies. You aren't sitting there going ooh oh oh, I am out of time. You just let the train of thought take a path, go with it and because you know you can't stop writing you actually keep going. You find out you unleash something inside you that takes directions and paths you couldn't think of three minutes ago. And before you know it you have a three minute, five minute, or fifteen minutes worth of writing done that is so open and creative that it's worth something. Something you couldn't come up with 3, 5, or 15 minutes ago.

You can then save it.

If you fail - if you stop writing, if you can't think anymore - it fades out and what you made is gone. And I love that. What's shit, what doesn't unlock, what doesn't have any sense of power will no longer be there. Great. I am shit anyway. What is worth it, what can take directions ,what has weight and power, that's what I am left with. And once in a while it's gold. Even for me.

Play it as a game, use it as a tool. That's up to you - but you might be surprised what your brain does when you can't stop typing; take it a little serious and don't freak out.