Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. The Spooky Month / Halloween Season has started

Find out what's new this month on a daily basis, because it's a lot!

twi'lek confusion =mammal or not a mammal?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by heavymetal, Jul 14, 2008.

1. heavymetal

heavymetal OMG Member

twi'lek confusion =mammal or not a mammal?

ok here is a question for you SW folks

twi'leks what type of creature are they?

they are not reptiles,birds, fish or amphibians?? --no scales--they don't lay eggs, no feathers.

they come in off the wall colors blue-green-red-yellow and every other shade you can think of. not unlike mollusks and other deep sea creatures and they have weird head tails that look like they might be borrowed from a squid?

but then they are have breasts & belly buttons like humans or other mammals!?--so if they are not mammals WHY do they have mammal equipment??? :shake:

2. Crystal

Crystal OMG Member

Re: twi'lek confusion =mammal or not a mammal?

Well, I'm not really sure, heh. But, one thing I can think of is the duck-bill platypus. They lay eggs like a reptile or bird would, and they have milk to feed their young. So... I guess it's safe to say that some species' could possibly be... unique like that =)

3. Ambika

Ambika OMG Member

Twi'leks are Near-Humans. Their distinctive features included colorful skin, which varied in pigment from individual to individual, and a pair of shapely prehensile tentacles that grew from the base of their skulls. The tentacles were called lekku, or brain-tails, which incorporated subtle movement of the lekku.

4. OP
    heavymetal

heavymetal OMG Member

so a near human would be a mammal?:smoke:

5. OP
    heavymetal

heavymetal OMG Member

is a duck-billed platypus a mammal? i think it is---i hope george lucas don't see a platypus--no telling what kind of oddball creature/humaniod he'll dream up!!-lol:smoke:

6. MercZ

MercZ OMG Member

Since this is beyond Earth it'd probably be hard to apply our definition of biology to the aliens in this imagined universe. Ambika is right, they are near-humans, and that would probably place them a lot closer to mammals than anything else.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice