Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

UK Event Q&A

Discussion in 'SWTOR Discussion' started by Phaize, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Phaize

Phaize Galactic Fetus

Threads:
    I found this on Dh the other day, thought I would bring it to your attention. It's a brief mashup of what was learned in London.

Hi Folks

Just like to say firstly Both Stephen Reid and Daniel Erickson are legends, Thanks for the signed poster and T-Shirt, was an awesome event. and what made me laugh was seeing Daniel in the flesh and feeling like youve met a rock star.

I wont bore you guys with a class write up, I played an Imperial Agent, but I will let you know of some of the interesting stuff we found out on the Q&A

1. There will be no more Explorable Planets, "Thats It, Were Done" was Mr Ericksons comment, there may be TarelV type Flashpoint planets, etc, but no more Explorable ones.

2. Companions are banned from Warzones, but are at this time in Flashpoints and Open World PVP, but this may change however, I asked if they are in Flashpoints, why we had not seen any, and he said the max number of characters for Flashpoints is 4, so you can have 2&2 3&1, or 4 players and for the benefit of demo's we have had 4 players exclusively.

3. Titles are in the game and "Lord" and "Darth" are attainable Player Ranks, how you get them, (PvP/PvE) was not expanded upon.

4. I asked Daniel about Additional Content, and how Blizzard decided against VO and Story as an option due to how expensive it is and how long it takes to create, which then limits the amount and frequency of updates once your past release. Daniel said they were just interested in finishing the game at this point, but wanted to keep their jobs, so additional Content will be forth coming, just not that frequent. So my guess is no Bi or Tri monthly updates, probably annual expansions at best.

5. In the queue I also asked Daniel how he felt and was he prepared for SWTOR to split the MMO Community, Daniel asked me to explain further what I meant, so I explained that going to a quest hub in TOR and picking up 5 or 6 quests leads to a fair chunk of Cut Scenes and VO Prior to getting out into the world and playing the game proper, I mean 6 quests was pretty much 15 mins of being sat there watching VO and Cut scenes. Now whilst that appeals to me and I love the immersion you get from it, 20 people in the guild I belong to hit lvl 50 in Rift before the end of the headstart week, and these people are not to keen on SWTOR and would prefer Tera or GW2, so are you prepared for the min max brigade being turned off to SWTOR, due to this. He answered that the min/max players may well be turned off to SWTOR, but those are not the Droids their looking for. :) , he feels Star Wars fans who have maybe never played an MMO before, but love Star Wars, KOTOR Players, etc will be enough to fill those blanks.

2. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    So I guess this is like the companion system in Guild Wars? This can be especially helpful when you need to fill out tank/healer roles in a game with a potential tank/healer shortage.

3. Deep Fried Gungan

Deep Fried Gungan I Punch Gizka

Threads:
    They are banking pretty hard on being able to fill the blanks with die hard KOTOR and Star Wars fans. I hope it pays off.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice