Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Weapon Customization?

Discussion in 'SWTOR Discussion' started by Phaize, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Phaize

Phaize Galactic Fetus

Threads:
    I've looked long and hard on the official forums about weapon and armor customization without finding any official topics made by the Developers on the matter. I wrote a quite detailed post that lasted on the official forums for about a year. What it came down to was simple. We could customize a or keep a weapon model of a similar weapon we found to our liking.

Some of my favorite things about the original KOTOR were that I could customize my characters to look any way I wanted them to, within reason. I could customize my Blasters and Lightsabers to give me an edge when fighting certain opponents. For instance, if I knew I would be reflecting blaster bolts all day I'd use a focusing crystal that helps me with that. I mean there is a limitless scope of possibilities with this that I for one can only hope there is something implemented within the game that is close to what I've vaguely described to you.

I just don't want to hit the level cap and be 1 of 1,000,000 people using the same weapon. In star wars that's just not right. Any really good bounty hunter is going to have special mods on his weapons for his/her own special uses. On the other side force users all make their own unique weapon when they become strong enough. While many lightsabers may look similar, they are all different to some degree or another. Now, I'm not expecting Bioware to make every person who plays a Jedi go to the crystal caves on Dantooine in order to make a lightsaber.(while that would rock) it's not feasible to do so. I'm just suggesting to have some sort of individuality within the game will go along ways towards making players happy. Especially players who are already fans.

On a side note, who wouldn't want to have a lightsaber that was made out of a Rancor Tooth like Tenal Ka, a Blaster like Han Solo, and much more.

(For all who are unfamiliar with who Tenal Ka is

[​IMG]

Anyways what are your thoughts on this? Do you think they'll implement some sort of crafting system for Weapons/Lightsabers?

2. Nelson_MD

Nelson_MD I Heart FOTOR :hugs:

Threads:
    I hope that they will, but know one really knows

3. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Threads:
    Due to crafting, I think there will be weapon mods. Hopefully they'll have certain weapon/armor schematics that can be gained from instances that you will have to put together, using the right type of metal that can only be found on certain planets, assembly pieces that have to be gathered, and so on.

Sort of like the Build A Lightsaber quest from TSL.

4. Velox

Velox Galactic Fetus

Threads:
    I hope there will be some awesome weapon mods. I would like to be able to customize as much as possible, as I'm sure most people do.

5. jenbuu

jenbuu Galactic Fetus

Threads:
    hoping they will bring in a custom stuff, theres one thing i cant stand is everyone looking the same, would be good for final armor pieces to have the ability to change how they look while keeping the same stats and buffs. While with weapons, giving the ability to be more accurate, larger damage. combining different material in different quantities, there nothing like getting something on the market which is a few % above all the rest to give you that boost

6. Jayden

Jayden I R Posting Machine

Threads:
    Would be nice to have a lighter hilt or blaster handle, made out of Rancor bone....

7. Stal

Stal Galactic Fetus

Threads:
    although this could be off-topic but i hope u get to choose your weapon when u create ur character

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice