Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

What are you reading?

Discussion in 'Awesome Media' started by Pyro, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Pyro

Pyro OMG Member

What are you reading?

Hopefully this thread hasn't already been done. If it has, we have 2 threads now :)
    It's pretty self explainatory - what book(s) or other things are you currently reading?

I'm currently not reading anything (yeah, I know). I'm looking into Anne McCaffry's Dragon Riders of Pern series, although I've heard mixed feelings on that. People have recommended George R.R. Martin to me too. Hopefully I find something that I look soon enough. So, what are you currently reading?

2. Madigan

Madigan OMG Member

I've started rereading the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. It's been a few years since I last read it. I've got the first 10 books.
    since I'm working long hours it'll take me a little longer to finish reading them all. I figure I'll be busy for the next couple of weeks.

3. Christopher

Christopher OMG Member

I've just picked up three books, "Code Complete" (programming book), "The Art of Intrusion" (cool hacker stories :D) and "The Da Vinci Code".

Reading Kevin Mitnick'ss book first.

4. Fats

Fats OMG Member

I am currently reading a fascinating book called "The Ten Things That You Can't Say in America" written by Larry Elder. It's about his view on our so called political correctness, and how it's all wrong. Really a great book, you ought to check it out for a non-fiction that has the reading ease of a children't novel.

5. Madigan

Madigan OMG Member

I think I've heard of that one...The name Larry Elder sounds very familiar. Let us know what you think after you've read it Fats.

And Chroder, let me know what you think of "The Da Vinci Code". I've been thinking of picking it up myself.

6. Christopher

Christopher OMG Member

With all the publicity it has gained, I thought I should see what it was all about ;) It'll probably be a while before I get to it though.

7. Christopher

Christopher OMG Member

I read the 3 chapters, and it really wound me in. I'm reading like 4 books at the same time here, lol.

8. Madigan

Madigan OMG Member

hehehe I know what that's like Chroder. I'm reading Robert Jordan's W.O.T. series at home, Terry Brooks' Shannara series at work, I was also reading The Dark Tower series by King and I think I'll be picking up The DaVinci Code this weekend.
    It's slow reading when you've got four books on the go and working long hours but I love reading a few books at the same time. :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice