Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Which antivirus would be Good?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk & Web Things' started by AlexTom, Jun 1, 2010.

1. AlexTom

AlexTom OMG Member

Which antivirus would be Good?

[FONT=&quot]Guy's I am using AVG 8.5 free version. I have Internet connection also and I regularly update my ant virus. But I am not satisfied it's performance because when I took some data in to my Pen drive any copy it on to my friends computer then his ant virus always give us a warning a thread found .He is using Norton .So I am confuse with it that which is the best ant virus which is also free over the net.[/FONT]

Alex_tom

2. Floris

Floris I'm just me :) Hi. Staff Member

If I am on Windows, I no longer use any Anti Virus or trojan or other malware software. It's just a 'surf' computer, and I wouldn't use it for anything serious, besides just gaming.

I am a Mac user, and realized how much the AV i have running over years and years was just making things so much slower.

I just go to trend micro anti virus online housecall scanner once a month and do a quick scan.

3. Miles312

Miles312 Trusted Member

I second that one.

As windows is my main OS, i use Avast! The free edition for personal use.
    If it's a computer for work, I'd get a paid one (better updates, more frequent maybe, better product because they get income from it) even if it's just the full Avast! bit. And then just write it off as a business/work expense. :P

Also, there are some discrepancies to note between Anti-Malware softwares.
    It's called a false-positive. So, while Norton might be over-paranoid and found something that AVG 8.5 did not, that doesn't mean that there's something malicious there waiting for you.

Anyway, a complete list of my tools:
    Avast! (First line of sec, apart from common-sense) [Free Edition]
    Malwarebytes' AntiMalware (second line of sec, great for scanning for extra stuff and works pretty quickly even on old/er machines) [Free Edition]
    Trend Micro Housecall (cause it's like a second opinion from the dr's.)

4. vlada

vlada OMG Member

I have terminated to use Norton antivirus because I wasn't satisfied with it also. In my opinion the free antiviruses can't guaranty the complete protection against Internet viruses and spy programs. That is why I am using NOD 32 and I think that it is the best antivirus on the market today.

5. monuis

monuis OMG Member

hi thanks for your information

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice