Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Will We Get Any Major Announcements In January?

Discussion in 'The OMG Archives' started by Xavier, Dec 31, 2009.

?

Will we get a major announcement in January?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Xavier

Xavier OMG Member

Do you think we will get a major announcement in January to kick off 2010?

We know from Sean Dahlberg that tomorrow's update won't be anything substantial. Due to the holidays there are many devs on vacation. We also know from Sean that Fan Friday's will return in the new year but, they will have a facelift and look a little different. With that information in mind, do you think we will get any major announcements in January? If so, what do you think we will get? Playable Species Info? Beta Start Date?

I think the two options above are the most likely. I don't think we'll see release date info until well into beta. Nor do I think we will get much class mechanic info until well into beta, due to how much beta may change those mechanics.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2009
  2. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

Well, keeping in line that Bioware wants to not only content with WoW's expansion, but they want to rival Star Trek Online, I'm certain of a 2010 release, between April and October. That said, I'm expecting one of the first things this year, possibly late January, to be Beta start.

3. Maral Dimor

Maral Dimor I Wanna Polka.

hells yeah in late febuary we should get something a trailer, behind the scenes video something along those lines

4. OP
    Xavier

Xavier OMG Member

Actually,

If I could, I'd change my vote to "NO' we won't get any big announcements this month. We may get a planet or two, timelive video or another dev dispatch but, I don't see us getting any "big" info until after Mass Effect 2 is shipped at the end of this month.

I think February and March may be big months however.

5. SirRobin

SirRobin Citizen of the Forum

I suspect that we'll get the Beta starting announcement in mid to late January. Just feels right to me.

6. OP
    Xavier

Xavier OMG Member

Well, the reason I brought up February and March is, the convention season starts in March with two conventions.

GDC San Francisco, March 9-13 and PAX East in Boston, MA March 26-28. I figured they'd want to build up some momentum going into those two events, with major announcements at them. For example, Playable Species, Beta Key giveaways and opening up of some of the other holonet tabs. I also suspect Beta will start in Feb or March. Leaving me to believe that a release date will be announced at one of the major conventions this summer. Either E3 (June), ComiCon San Diego (July), GamesCom (August), or PAX (Sept).

If TOR is indeed released in 2010, as I think and hope, I would expect the release date to be announced no later than GamesCom and more likely ComiCon (which by the way is the weekend before the TOR novel hits stores, coincidence?). They will need a few months to get the marketing blitz into high gear and to allow for pre-order sales.

What are your thoughts?

7. TeHpUmKinKiNg

TeHpUmKinKiNg OMG Member

That actually is a pretty sound theory, X. I'd have to agree with you there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice