Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

Wizard's First Rule?

Discussion in 'Awesome Media' started by Pyro, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Pyro

Pyro OMG Member

Wizard's First Rule?

Has anyone read the Wizard's First Rule or the entire series by Terry Goodkind? I picked up a copy at the library, and put a few more books on hold (Pawn of Prophecy, and The DaVinci Code), and I just wondered what everyone else thought.

2. Davidk

Davidk OMG Member

Nope, I have not.

3. OP
    Pyro

Pyro OMG Member

As soon as I'm done reading it, I'll tell everyone how it is :D Apparantly it's a decent series. So we'll see how it goes.

4. Christopher

Christopher OMG Member

I've read the entire series that's been out so far. Third favorite series (WOT and DT are 1st and 2nd).

It's not as... intellectual? I don't know how to describe it. For example, in the latest book the main character are talking about some "advanced" prophecy subject and after like 2 pages of explanation Richard says "I don't understand, give me an example.". It's like the author thinks we're dumb ;) It reminded of when a cartoon like Simpsons or Family Guy imitate classroom educational videos and they always have that corny kid going, "So this is blah blah blah Right? Could you give me another example?".

Other then that, there are a few coincidents that didn't seem too coincidental. Lots of authors make that mistake IMO.

But still a good series overall.

5. OP
    Pyro

Pyro OMG Member

Sometimes it's sort of hard to make everything flow decently without a few coincidences.
    Hell of a coincidence Zedd was a wizard, eh? I thought it was sort of foreshadowed, but for some reason it seems like it was just layed too plainly. I don't know though, probably plenty more I'm missing. Still waiting for Kahlan to hurry up and tell Richard she's the mother confessor ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice