Welcome to OMG boards community!
Community of friends where we talk about daily life, offtopic stuff, and what keeps us busy.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

You just won $250 million in the lottery. What do you do?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by elryviel, Jul 6, 2008.

1. elryviel

elryviel OMG Member

Threads:

You win $250 million, tax free, in a lump sum. You can spend it however you want, you can do whatever you want with it (within the restrictions of the law).What do you do?I'd buy a house, first and foremost, then make sure it had an air conditioner (tired of this heat). Then I'd pay off my schooling for the next four years, start a personal library, and donate enough to local music programs that they could afford proper equipment and recruitment. I'd pay off my mom's mortgage and get us both cars that had excellent mileage.

2. imported_Robert

imported_Robert OMG Member

Threads:

Split it w/ friends & familyKeep about $80 million for myself... that should pull in $4 Million per year in interestBlow $4 Million / year...I'd buy an island off the coast of Scotland (Wee Cumbrae Isle)A summer home in Aspen, CO (or Lake Dillon)And a lot of land in New Zealand (Around Hemner Springs)I'd spend most of my time in NZ... I would find and marry the kiwi girl I fell in love with years ago...

3. wantanswers

wantanswers OMG Member

Threads:

donate all but 1 million to charity=D

4. 88fanandbravesfan

88fanandbravesfan OMG Member

Threads:

same it so i can win the next lottery

5. 5994

5994 Guest

I'd buy a bigger house and then adopt a kid from Mainland China. My cousin's friend did that and that kid looks so much happier. I'd want that million dollars to not only change my life but another's too.

6. NicoleNovacain

NicoleNovacain OMG Member

Threads:

Travel for a year (around the world)

7. StrangeButTrue

StrangeButTrue OMG Member

Threads:

Pay all my debts, buy a house, give at least 100,00 bucks to each of my dear friends and tell everyone else to kiss my assetsI would give a ton of cash to 1 charity only..not sure which one though

8. ByPopularDemand

ByPopularDemand OMG Member

Threads:

Get it all in $1 bills and roll around in all my money.

9. CoCkRoAcH

CoCkRoAcH OMG Member

Threads:

i would put some away in the bank..dont want to bow it all..then i would give my mom money to fix up her house, first thing would be the basement(it has black mold all over the walls) we recently had a flood in wisconsin. then replace the front door and patio door, because im sick of using a string for a door handle..then pay off my tuition for college in one sitting , and have my dream wedding in alaska...donate some to animal shelters and then just put the rest in the bank tell i need it..im really not greedy, so idk what i would do with it all..

10. Crackmonkey

Crackmonkey OMG Member

Threads:

I'd probably swing by Burger King and get a Whopper meal with cheese, King size. Then buy the biggest gas guzzling truck I could find and drive to the middle of nowhere and hunt the most dangerous game of all...MAN. Then I'd buy an island and get as far away from all the douche bags I know forever

11. UnfrozenCaveman

UnfrozenCaveman OMG Member

Threads:

i would invite all my contacts to spend a week in vegas with me all expenses paid

12. 100OrganicSnark

100OrganicSnark OMG Member

Threads:

Go to my current bank and ask them if they'd like to reconsider those 16 overdraft charges they hit me with a few months back. If they said "sorry", I'd flash the check and say, "ooo wrong answer. I'm off to a new bank."Then I'd move to Bermuda.

13. ihcuids

ihcuids OMG Member

Threads:

Pay off all my debts, then my parents' debts (their house) then give 10 million to St. Judes hospital, 10 million to cancer research (my mom had colon cancer), and 10 million to AIDS research. The rest would be to invest and live in luxury for the rest of my life. Or, hell, I might buy myself my own professional soccer team. That'd be sweet.

14. Albtraum

Albtraum OMG Member

Threads:

I'd move to Germany. And then spend whatever's left after the new house and furniture and such was already paid for on whatever the heck I wanted to. :D

15. imported_SmartyPants

imported_SmartyPants OMG Member

Threads:

Build Low Cost Housing for the homeless and elderly and allow the government to help them with the monthly cost of rent,

16. alejahaira

alejahaira OMG Member

Threads:

I'd quit my job. Then I would pay for the house I currently live in and pay off all my other bills. I would also pay off my mother's and my sisters' bills. I'd get rid of the old cars I have and buy a brand new one. I'd have a brand new house built in a secluded area for me and my family. Lastly I would give some to charity and do alot of traveling.

17. AlexsMom

AlexsMom OMG Member

Threads:

First of all I would Pee in my Pants!I would pay off all homes & bills that my entire family had accumulated.I would purchase a car for myself.I would purchase a car for my son.I would purchase a large home.I would start up a dog & cat sanctuary with vets on the premises at all times.I would donate 1 million dollars to our local SPCA.I would donate 5 Million to the United States SPCA.I would purchase some apartment buildings to make sure that the local transients & homeless people had a roof over their heads and help them overcome their hardships.I would donate 1 million to the "Make a Wish Foundation"I would donate 1 million to the Ronald McDonald house for families with sick children.I would donate 5 million to St. Jude's Hospital for Children.I would donate 5 million to Shriner's Hospital for Children.I would set up a TRUST FUND for my family in the event I was no longer around.I would be so fulfilled if I could accomplish each and everyone of these wishes!THANK YOU for the 250 million - I will put it to GOOD use.

18. BreanneM

BreanneM OMG Member

Threads:

Let's see.....Save some for college, get a bigger house that's at least 5,000+ square feet, buy a new RV, buy a green Volkswagon bug for me and a Corvette for when I'm 50..... buy my mom that Mercedes she's always wanted [ red of course ], donate 100,000 to chairty, and start a homeless shelter.

19. Nix

Nix Just a little crazy! Staff Member

Threads:
    Re: You just won $250 million in the lottery. What do you do?

Hmm well I supose the first thing i would do is scream then cry lol. I'd clear off my debts. Put a large amount in a savings account for my daughter. Buy a house and a car. Sort out my brother's debts and my parent's debts. Live off the interest. See the world. The usual.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice