Any recommendations for a new phone

BigDave

OMG Member
I want to upgrade my smartphone to something new and more useful. My current phone is likely on its last legs and I need to be able to get a new phone soon for work. Any recommendations for something that isn't expensive, but gets the job done for the most part?

CraftKitten21

OMG Member
I get stuck on using phones for a while so I am not sure what is out there right now. I like the one I am using though and would recommend it just for the battery life. I only have to charge it like once every 3 or 4 days even with heavy use. I have the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite. It either came out in 2020 or 2019 so it is still a newer phone. I will be using this for a while.

Mustapha145

OMG Member
I use Huawei Y9 (2019), it's great, not much expensive, I basically use it for work I charge it once a day, I don't recommend using iPhone I sometimes stuck if I just want to share files with other devices, & as @CraftKitten21 suggested Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite is another option for you.

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I want to upgrade my smartphone to something new and more useful. My current phone is likely on its last legs and I need to be able to get a new phone soon for work. Any recommendations for something that isn't expensive, but gets the job done for the most part?
The hardware in the iPhone 12 is almost stock across the board. Even their cheapest model is expensive but just as powerful. Optionally depending on budget their SE model seems to be pretty nifty.

If you're more into Samsung, any last year model is still a super phone and might still run OS12.
I get stuck on using phones for a while so I am not sure what is out there right now. I like the one I am using though and would recommend it just for the battery life. I only have to charge it like once every 3 or 4 days even with heavy use. I have the Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite. It either came out in 2020 or 2019 so it is still a newer phone. I will be using this for a while.
That is pretty awesome about the charging. I guess it does depend on what you use it for. If you take videos daily and pictures, I am sure that will be 5 to 6 times.

I use Huawei Y9 (2019), it's great, not much expensive, I basically use it for work I charge it once a day, I don't recommend using iPhone I sometimes stuck if I just want to share files with other devices, & as @CraftKitten21 suggested Xiaomi Mi Note 10 Lite is another option for you.
Airdrop and other methods make sharing pretty easy, I haven't had an issue yet myself. But I understand what you mean though.