APC vs Zend Optimizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormraven

Trusted Member
I decided to post this here rather than on the Xenforo forums because I'd rather give you guys the +1 thread and it may be useful for other members in future.

As many of you know, my site got converted from IPB to Xenforo over the last few days, and being new to the software I've got a small question. I've heard a lot about the use of APC on XF and how it speeds up everything. I'm just wondering is it worth going with APC rather than Zend Optimizer etc?

Can't wait to delve into XF a bit more :) And once I get more familiar and once I get my site back on the go again I plan to create some addons and maybe some tutorials. I'll be sure to post them here first :P

GoMySQL

OMG Member
I've been successfully using XCache + MemCache for a bit over a month with XenForo.

YMMV, but there should be little to no performance difference as far as the optimizers go.

The benchmarks between Zend <> APC <> XCache and the many others are negligible at best. The only caveats is they have slightly different memory footprints which really don't matter that much in a modern environment.

And if memory footprint does matter, you may want to examine your environment and split things up a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.