Articles with pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilogy33

OMG Member
When your article writer submits articles with pictures, that the pictures should be hosted locally, i.e. uploaded to your site, so the site owner has control over them.
Photobucket; for all its advantages, has drawbacks when pictures are moved from one folder to another, renamed or deleted. The link to the picture is no longer available leaving the publisher with a site full of text but no pictures for the detail.
Unless of course the site owner wishes to store them in their own Photobucket album, specifically for articles and such, which equates to them having control over the content more thoroughly whilst lowering any extra storage costs; if this applies.

Stormraven

Trusted Member
I agree. They should upload them to the site so the owner has control over them. Although a few members of mine have used dropbox to host the images, which is fine, but I'd rather they uploaded them to my site :D

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
I prefer dropbox :) That way it's a CDN as well. And that company isn't going anywhere for the time being. And the user stays in control of the image.

Cezz

OMG Member
I prefer dropbox :) That way it's a CDN as well. And that company isn't going anywhere for the time being. And the user stays in control of the image.

Problem still stays though that the user can then move, rename, delete etc the images and they your site will have a number of broken images!

Stormraven

Trusted Member
Problem still stays though that the user can then move, rename, delete etc the images and they your site will have a number of broken images!

I never thought of that. Good point. I clear out my dropbox regularly.

Beverly Johnson

OMG Member
I use tinypic cause that way i don't accidentally use someone else's bandwidth when linking to something on my forum. Also, i have less problems junking up my host space with so many pics i really don't want to be responsible for.

So far, my forum loads clean and i have relative few problems with excess baggage, so the tinypic solution seems to be working out well.

If there is ever a pic i really want possession over, i will just upload to my own space and link to from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.