Beauty and the Beast

Shimmer

OMG Member
Has anyone here seen this movie yet? My best friend saw it last week and she said that the chemistry between Bella and the Beast fell flat, which is disappointing to me. It looks like this could have been a great movie if the relationship was developed properly. Is she being overly critical or do you agree?

Mikey

:mikey:
Staff member
I have not seen it - and I do not think I will. Emma Watson is fine, but I cannot see her as anything more than Hermione. I also don't see the point in re-doing a cartoon movie.

Elizabeth

Professional Dragon Egg Hunter
Patron
I went and saw it last night! Might just be because I'm young but I had a good time.

The computer generations images and animation parts were nicely done! Looked and felt real to me. As for the chemistry between Bella and the Beast, I didn't feel that it felt flat. There was penalty of scenes were they had interactions and the relationship felt that it developed at a good pace. Overall though. I enjoy the movie and would say good see it !

Nix

Just a little crazy!!
Staff member
All of my friends have seen it and loved it but then they are all girls :D

Floris

I'm just me :) Hi.
Staff member
He doesn't look like how I remember it, how the old tv show was, or how I expect him to be.
That on its own is a reason for me to perhaps not watch it.

Nickie

OMG Member
I finally saw it and was a little disappointed. There were just a few too many songs for me and not enough story. I left wondering if I had read the original fairy tale correctly. Maybe I'm just getting old. I will agree that it's hard to see Emma Watson as anyone other than Hermione.

Shimmer

OMG Member
Thanks for the input, everyone! I'm probably going to take my daughter to see it this weekend just because I'm so curious to see for myself. I've heard that the costumes are really fantastic, so I'm looking forward to that part.

I loved Emma Watson as Hermione and I thought she was very good in Noah (even though the movie in general was awful). I hope she has a long, successful career. I'm looking forward to seeing what choices she will make and how diverse her parts can be.

Joan

Don't Blink
Patron
I finally saw it and was a little disappointed. There were just a few too many songs for me and not enough story.

This is how I felt when I saw it too, also I think Emma took a step backwards with this one as Belle is very similar to Hermione so while she has done different characters she's kinda gone back to a familiar although singing one here.